I suppose I should say hello.

So, hello! 

My name is Jessica and I'm an English teacher in Seoul, South Korea. I've lost 25 pounds so far, but I've hit a plateau. After doing lots of research (something I'm exceeding good at), I think it might be because at this point, I need to start building muscle and losing the last vestiges of my fat. 

I've always struggled with motivation. When I'm into something, I burn with a fire brighter than the noon sun. But when that heat dies down, I'm usually left as nothing more than a pile of cinders. I'm hear to keep that glow going by finding some community, some support, and something nerdy to keep me going. 

My nerdoms are books, Dungeons and Dragons, some video games, linguistics, and geeking out over Asian skincare products. 

Right now, my struggles are eating healthy in Seoul, where it's cheaper to eat out than to buy groceries (generally speaking), where rice is served with every meal, and where all vegetables are cooked to within an inch of their life. I'm also having trouble with finding friends who don't mind my occasional pitfalls and reboots. I need people who tell me to keep hoofing it, even when I'm moping and whining and making excuses. 

All of that ends today! I need to take control of this thing. And if it means centering my fitness life around leveling up a version of myself, well...That's a great f*#$ing idea. Maybe it'll give me the kick in the pants I need to keep going when the going gets tough. 

For those that choose to fight with me, I bring great strategy, excellent research skills, and unbelievable planning capabilities. No, seriously, I'm a bamf when it comes to lists and organization. 

Any party members interested in joining up with this hothead with motivation issues? 

ShortyCake the Firesoul Genasi

Level 1

STR 1|DEX 2|CON 1|STA 1|WIS 4|CHA 1
Current challenge

Welcome to the forums! We all reboot once in a while, so you're in good company here :)

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...