• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SpecialSundae

For The Glory of Asgard - The Warrior Competition Calendar

Long discussed but never started, let's get a thread of all upcoming warriorly competitions along with names of those competing.

Pop a post in below if you're competing (or aware of any competitions that others might want to do) and I'll add it to the list below. Please include:

• Dates for the whole competition
  • Name of the competition
  • Sport (duh)
  • Any other relevant details (i.e. streaming)

Feel free to update with a link to your post-comp report after the event and/or picture galleries and videos.

Spoiler

2015 (now under spoiler tags)

Spoiler
  • September -
    • 30 August-6 September - IPF World Juniors and Sub-Juniors Powerlifting - Prague, Czech Republic - No Nerds known to be competing
    • 19-20 September - GBPF British Women's Classic Powerlifting - Bournemouth, England - SpecialSundae, Tankweazel, QoB
    • 19 September - USPLA Route 66 Powerlifting Challenge - Flagstaff, AZ, USA - Drazen
  • October -
    • 28 September-4 October - IPF World Masters Powerlifting - Aurora, TX, USA - No Nerds known to be competing
    • 15-18 October - USAPL Raw Nationals Powerlifting - Scranton, PA, USA - Gainsdalf, Spezzy, Wildross (others TBC)
    • 24 October - GBPF Four Nations - Ashington, England - Tankweazel (coaching)
    • 24-25 October - Starting Strength Raw Classic (squat, OHP, deadlift) - various locations across the USA - mgage (possibly)
    • 24-25 October - ZKC USA Open Weightlifting210 CrossFit; San Antonio, TX - Chammy
  • November -
    • 9-15 November - IPF World Open Powerlifting - Hamm, Luxembourg - Tankweazel
    • 21-22 November - 2015 USAPL Arizona Fall Championships - East Valley Crossfit - Chandler, AZ
    • 26-29 November - IUKL World Kettlebell Championships - Dublin, Ireland - KB Girl
  • December -
    • 30 November-6 December - CPF Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships - Richmond, BC, Canada - SpecialSundae (2 December)

​​2016

• February -
  • March -
  • April
    • 2 April - Delaware's Strongest 8 - Strongman - Lewes, DE, USA - lwow
    • 10 April - Hyde Park Streetside Showdown - Weightlifting - Austin, TX, USA - Brovatar Korra
    • 17 April - Perth Open - Powerlifting - Perth, Scotland, UK - Jaymul
    • 23 April - Southeast RAW Showdown - Powerlifting - Rochester, MN, USA - Sam Ashen
  • May
    • 5-8 May - USA Weightlifting Senior National Championships and Olympic Trials - Weightlifting - Salt Palace Convention Centre, Salt Lake City, UT, USA - AngelaTheGeek
  • June
    • 4 June - 2016 UPA Clash of the Titans - Powerlifting (push/pull) - Kenosha, WI, USA - MissMarissa and FlexLuthor
    • 4-5 June - 2016 Scottish Classic Powerlifting Championships - Ravenscraig, Scotland, UK - SpecialSundae (and possibly Jaymul)
  • August
    • 13 August - 2016 All England Championships - Powerlifting - Northampton, England, UK - Evabo
    • 27 August - BNB Blast II - Powerlifting - Brisbane North Barbell, Brisbane, Australia - Starbuck
  • September
    • 10 September - Sherwood Forest Celtic Gathering and Highland Games - Strongman/Highland Heavy - McDade, TX - https://www.facebook.com/sherwoodforestfaire/ - Brovatar Korra
    • 17-18 September - British Classic Ladies' Championships - Powerlifting - Horncastle, Lincolnshire, UK - Tankweazel, SpecialSundae, evabo - STREAMING!
  • October
    • 13-15 October - USAPL Raw Nationals - Powerlifting - Atlanta - Wildross
    • 15 October - RPS Texas GAINZSAW MASSacre  - Powerlifting - Austin Simply Fit Training and Performance Center - Brovatar Korra
    • 22 October - Tampa Bay Strongman Classic - Strongman/woman - TiffanyD
  • November
    • 12-13 November - USA Powerlifting Arizona 2016 Fall Classic - Powerlifting - Chandler, AZ - Website and Facebook Event - Gingered
  • December

•  

• Like 7

I got the website!! and may have been feeling a little lazy at 7am.

In the format provided above:  

19-Sept - Route 66 Powerlifting Challenge - Flagstaff, AZ, USA - video streaming has been discussed but not confirmed 

I got the website!! and may have been feeling a little lazy at 7am.

In the format provided above:  

19-Sept - Route 66 Powerlifting Challenge - Flagstaff, AZ, USA - video streaming has been discussed but not confirmed 

Fantastic! Thanks! Now added.

Let me know if there will be streaming and I'll try to add the link (the link for the British Classic isn't up yet either).

I love this!

But I think you may have wanted to post in the general warrior forum? Not the one for this 6WC. Otherwise I don't think people will be able to see this down the road. Maybe a mod can move?

I love this!

But I think you may have wanted to post in the general warrior forum? Not the one for this 6WC. Otherwise I don't think people will be able to see this down the road. Maybe a mod can move?

The idea was that it would be a sticky like The Mead Hall and Shit Warriors Eat as there isn't a general warrior forum.

If anyone is interested, Starting Strength is hosting a series of meets across the country on Oct 24-25: http://startingstrength.com/site/starting_strength_fall_classic#.VeesuLQ-CkY

It will be squat, press (instead of BP), and deadlift. I think it sounds kind of fun and may compete in Springfield, MO. I'll post again if I decide to compete, but wanted to put this out there for any nerds who were looking for a competition and really like to Press! Also, only $40 entry fee and no association membership fee, etc. 

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, Starting Strength is hosting a series of meets across the country on Oct 24-25: http://startingstrength.com/site/starting_strength_fall_classic#.VeesuLQ-CkY

It will be squat, press (instead of BP), and deadlift. I think it sounds kind of fun and may compete in Springfield, MO. I'll post again if I decide to compete, but wanted to put this out there for any nerds who were looking for a competition and really like to Press! Also, only $40 entry fee and no association membership fee, etc. 

Added. I've put you in as a possible.

I also added Wildross to USAPL Raw Nationals.

I had thought that there were no Powerlifting meets on my island, after having done extensive research (the top 4 results on a single Google query). Of course I didn't realize that these things are put together by gym owners. The type of people who might not be adept at internets. And since I do not go to the gym, there was an information disconnect. Having believed that there was no meets on the island, I gave up on thinking that it might be something that I could do.

Today I found out that there is a "sanctioned Powerlifting meet" in February. I'll find out more later, but I'll definitely be doing it. Lots of time between now and then to get serious.

• Like 6

It's finally official so I can finally add that I'm going to be competing in the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships in Richmond, BC in December!

My first internationals!

Congrats on the hard work and results!

It seems like the guys around here are getting our butts (arses?) kicked...

Not sure if this has a place here, but just in case anyone is nearby and/or interested.

Qualification is in 2 weeks, but I will be there, competing or not.

Dates: November 26th - 29th

Name: IUKL World Kettlebell Championships

Sport: Kettlebell Lifting*

Place: Dublin, Ireland

*For those who have never heard of it, some footage from last year's worlds; 

(That's 2x32kg they're lifting, the winner of this weight class did 162 jerks in 10 minutes, that's 10368kg.)

Not sure if this has a place here, but just in case anyone is nearby and/or interested.

Qualification is in 2 weeks, but I will be there, competing or not.

Dates: November 26th - 29th

Name: IUKL World Kettlebell Championships

Sport: Kettlebell Lifting*

Place: Dublin, Ireland

*For those who have never heard of it, some footage from last year's worlds; 

(That's 2x32kg they're lifting, the winner of this weight class did 162 jerks in 10 minutes, that's 10368kg.)

Added. Good luck! :D

This is a list of all the USAW sanctioned weightlifting meets: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/Events

Too many to list them all but I'd say if people are doing meets they can post about it here and then we can add them. Here're the national meets (plus the Arnold) we have details for as of today.

24-7 September - National University Championships - Ogden, UT - College students 18-28

3-6 December - American Open - Reno, NV - Qualifying totals

18-21 February - National Junior ChampionshipsValley Forge, PA - 20 & under -  Qualifying totals

4-6 March - Arnold Weightlifting Championships - Columbus, OH

22-25 June - National Youth Championships - Austin, TX - 17 & under - QTs tbd

2016 Nationals and AO TBD, Nationals should be earlier than normal since it's an Olympic year

• Like 1

Three Nerds met up at the GBPF British Classic on Sunday. :)

NSQ5WMh.jpg

QoB went 85/57.5/110 in the 72kg class

I (SpecialSundae) went 130/70/130 in the 63kg class

Tankweazel went 142.5/90.5/152.5 in the 57kg class

• Like 6

Virtual Competition is Up. Will have spreadsheet added shortly.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/72408-the-2015-heroes-of-hoist/

Three Nerds met up at the GBPF British Classic on Sunday. :)

QoB went 85/57.5/110 in the 72kg class

I (SpecialSundae) went 130/70/130 in the 63kg class

Tankweazel went 142.5/90.5/152.5 in the 57kg class

Congrats ladies!