• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SpecialSundae

For The Glory of Asgard - The Warrior Competition Calendar

Competed at the USAPL SE Regionals today

Squat 185kg, 205kg, 217.5 kg (PR and Florida record)\

Bench 150kg, 170kg, 177.5 kg (fail)

Deadlift 185kg, 200kg, 217.5kg (fail)

Took 3rd out of 5 in the 120KG mens Open.  The 2 guys ahead of me were in their 20's, one of them won "Best Lifter".

Pretty pleased overall.  

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Starbuck said:

I'm doing another powerlifting comp (IPF)

23rd September 2017

BNB Bash IV

Brisbane, Australia

Website

Ooooh, another PA member... 

• Like 2

Competed in the USAPL Raw Nationals over the weekend.  Went 8/9

190/210/220f on the squat

100,120,140 on the bench, being very conservative until after I talk to the ortho doc about my shoulder (last meet I opened at 150)

190/210/220 (PR) on the deadlift

As expected, I came in second in my class due to the other M2/120 lifter having about 25% higher totals than me (I think all of his openers were higher than my PR's).

Great time overall.  Got to see Ray Williams turned away from entering the warmup area because it wasn't time for him to be back there yet.  He was (naturally) twice the size of the security "guards".  Also had Dave Ricks as one of my judges on the deadlift.

Wife scored a T-shirt for me.  "Powerlifting - a triathlon for those who hate cardio"

I'll update with videos next weekend.  Our home Internet has been out since Saturday and I"m getting on a plane in the morning.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, wildross said:

Great time overall.  Got to see Ray Williams turned away from entering the warmup area because it wasn't time for him to be back there yet.  He was (naturally) twice the size of the security "guards".  Also had Dave Ricks as one of my judges on the deadlift.

"No Ray. The other lifters need some weight still. You can't start taking ALL of them." 

That's cool that Ricks was judging outside of his primetime slots. Wish I could have had time to watch more of the primetime stuff. 

11 hours ago, wildross said:

Competed in the USAPL Raw Nationals over the weekend.  Went 8/9

190/210/220f on the squat

100,120,140 on the bench, being very conservative until after I talk to the ortho doc about my shoulder (last meet I opened at 150)

190/210/220 (PR) on the deadlift

As expected, I came in second in my class due to the other M2/120 lifter having about 25% higher totals than me (I think all of his openers were higher than my PR's).

Wife scored a T-shirt for me.  "Powerlifting - a triathlon for those who hate cardio"

I'll update with videos next weekend.  Our home Internet has been out since Saturday and I"m getting on a plane in the morning.

That's awesome! 1) you made it to nationals! 2) you placed in the top 3 for your class 3) seeing Ray Williams! and 4) kick ass t-shirt!

CONGRATS MAN!

• Like 3

On 10/17/2017 at 9:27 AM, Rooks said:

"No Ray. The other lifters need some weight still. You can't start taking ALL of them." 

That's cool that Ricks was judging outside of his primetime slots. Wish I could have had time to watch more of the primetime stuff. 

I'd say about half of the judges were also competitors.  Pretty cool  From following some of the guys on FB and Instagram, it seems that a number of the older guys from the IPF and pre weight class reset have decided to get back in.

Did you see the PrimeTime on Sunday with Ray?  19 year old right before him was squatting in the high 800's.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2017 at 10:34 PM, wildross said:

I'd say about half of the judges were also competitors.  Pretty cool  From following some of the guys on FB and Instagram, it seems that a number of the older guys from the IPF and pre weight class reset have decided to get back in.

Did you see the PrimeTime on Sunday with Ray?  19 year old right before him was squatting in the high 800's.

All of raw nats was insane. IIRC in the Women's 63kg class, a 500 Wilks only got 4th place.

On 3/18/2018 at 11:22 AM, wildross said:

Qualified and registered for the Raw Nationals again in October.  Also have a meet coming up in SW Florida in late June.

Congrats! I hope to quaify as a 105 next year (would be amazing if I could drop that much this year). If I can't get the weight off, qualifying as a 120 again is probably going to take me another 2 if the requirements stay the same.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

Excited to return to UPA Power Weekend

Nov 17th and 18th, 2018 (ladies lift on Sunday)

Dubuque, Iowa

Gonna smash last year's numbers like

tumblr_p843ljnw0d1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

Super excited to see how you do.

For anyone who would know, what's the usual time frame for meet announcements? a year, hopefully?

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Super excited to see how you do.

For anyone who would know, what's the usual time frame for meet announcements? a year, hopefully? 

If you mean how far in advance do they announce them, my experience has been anywhere from three to fifteen months, with an average of 6ish months. It'll depend on the federation, who's directing, etc.

1 hour ago, calanthrophy said:

If you mean how far in advance do they announce them, my experience has been anywhere from three to fifteen months, with an average of 6ish months. It'll depend on the federation, who's directing, etc.

i want to start planning post marathon, but I wanted to know how far ahead I should. So it would be safe to say I really don't need to start meet searching until after march anyway.

• Like 1