Hi! I'm not overweight and I am quite fit.

What am I doing here then? I need to be better at staying fit. That is what.

I am a (soon) 31 years old viking ninja (norwegian martial artist). I have quite a bit of experience with physical excercise, but no really good results of keeping myself in top shape. I have been a bit overweight though, but starting to compete more seriously made me change that. I have gone from about 96 kgs to under 78 in under two years. Unfortunately after the last big competition I regained most of the weight I got rid of prior to it, and I'm back to about 85 kgs. I know how to lose them, but I need to get better at keeping the loss. My ideal non-competition weight is around 80 kgs.

Outside of this, NerdFitness has motivated me to write down a bunch of life goals. I need some more education to get a steady full-time job. I want to travel more. I want to be able to perform some incredibly cool skills (including martial arts, which I'm decent at but not impressive). I have written those goals in a book. I have told people close to me about them. I am on my way.

Main life goal at the moment: Attend and pass one year of Mathematics at university level.

Part goals related: Save money to afford that year of very little work. Re-learn high school level mathematics.

Fitness goals: Heal a shoulder injury while working on the weaknesses and inflexibility that allowed it to happen.

Press kick higher. Do more pull-ups. (When shoulder is ready) work on tuck planche and handstand. Stretch towards splits.

I hope this place will keep me on the right track outside of competition season. :)

Edit: Forgot to add my Nerd-credentials...
Star Wars and TMNT fan since early 90s. I've read fantasy since before it was cool, played Warhammer Fantasy, Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons since the 90s. I have read manga and watched anime, but only follow One Piece and Hajime no Ippo nowadays. I started learning martial arts because of the ninja turtles and Jackie Chan...

2018 edit:

I'm back. Maybe. Got lost during some challenge but completed a lot of personal goals along the way.

I  started and completed my "final" year of studies and I'm qualified to be a mathematics teacher. I passed my 3rd degree test in Taekwon-Do. I am worse at planche, but getting back to it. I also did 10 000 side kicks as a 2017-Bruce Lee-type challenge.

• Like 2

Level 4 Human Assassin/Monk
Str 11 | Dex 10 | Sta 2 | Con 6 | Wis 8 | Cha 4
Intro - Challenges: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

Welcome to the rebellion. This is the right place for guidance on step-by-step progress towards a goal. It sounds like you might want to hang around with the Monks. Also, a six week challenge will be starting in two to three weeks. We recommend everyone do their first challenge in the recruit guild.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks guys! I think I might be a multiclass Monk/Assassin (with a few real life monk levels after 13 years of martial arts, and just getting started as an assassin).

I'll use you guys here as a tool for keeping my life in order. I will hopefully be active in the challenges, as they seem to be just what I need to set partial goals with a due date.

• Like 2

Level 4 Human Assassin/Monk
Str 11 | Dex 10 | Sta 2 | Con 6 | Wis 8 | Cha 4
Intro - Challenges: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4