Hopefully for good.

So uh, yeah, I'm back after disappearing for a year, and I'm still grossly overweight. 

Last time I was here I made an intro and asked some advice before disappearing to deal with life, but now I really want to make more of an effort to lose weight, be healthy and happy for once..so, Hey all.

Here's a re-introduction:

My name is Jamie, I'm 20 years old, 5'6 and 265 pounds(last time I checked, not sure tho)

I constantly lurk the Nerd Fitness articles to maybe gleam some motivation from them, then I discovered the 6 Week Challenge here in the forums and thought 'I should try that out'

The only problem I've been struggling a lot with losing weight is food, and sleep. 

I have a love-hate relationship with food. I hate eating but I also love eating ??? I'll spend periods of time not eating, and then eat a whole bunch when I'm stuffed and know I shouldn't. Also, I'm living with my grandmother for the time being, and ya'll know how grans are. They'll make a whole bunch of greasy food and expect you to eat it all in a day, and get offended if you don't.

And with sleep, well...I don't sleep when I should, I'll stay up all night, or recently, I'll be too paranoid to sleep. Break-ins tend to mess with a person like that.

So yeah, I want to fix my sleep and eating habits, join the 6 week Challenge and become a permanent member of the Rebellion, Nice to meet ya.(I have no idea how many pounds I can safely lose in a year, or month, so my goals are pretty much vague atm)

Hrm the food description sounds a tad like binge eating at the start there (the feeding grama is a pretty common theme though :P) Have you thought about looking for counseling for the first bit though? Getting that sorted out would be my first suggestion as it might sabotage the rest of it (and who knows maybe that and the sleep issue are linked!) 

Sorry you had to deal with a break-in that kind of invasion of privacy sucks. For 6 weeks at that weight I'd aim for 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. So for 6 weeks that's between 9 and 15 pounds. You can either do this through counting calories or trying a specialized diet (keto or paleo). Have you thought about what method to fix food issues would work best for you? 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both