Greetings from Upstate NY

Hello fellow nerds!

My name is Scott and I live in Saratoga Springs, NY, just north of Albany. I've always been a big guy. I'm 6' and haven't been under 200lbs since my freshman year of college. I used to be a military officer and kept myself fairly active and was able to mostly keep my body fat level in check (though it was never good, but after getting a knee injury during a tour in Iraq, I got extremely sedentary and spent way too much time sitting on my ass playing video games. I also have a nasty habit of eating my feelings and a severe Coca-Cola addiction. I'm now in my mid 30's and have worked for the last year getting from 250 lbs to 230 very slowly, but I'm not really getting the results I want, so here I am. I bought a road bike this year since I can't run anymore (and have a really hard time squatting) due to my knee, but riding has been a blast and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to have a group of fellow nerds to go through this journey with me. 

Here's where I want to be:

Under 200lbs (180ish would be ideal)

Stop being a slave to bad foods

Ride my first Century on my bike (100 miles, for those not into cycling)

Can't wait to get to virtually know you all!