• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlyNavy

Albany, NY?

WOOHOO! I'm closer to Saratoga than Albany, but I figure Albany is the safer one to ask about :) Anyone go to Vent? Would be fun to find a gym/accountability buddy. 

Hi!  This is from a few months ago, but I figure it's worth reviving to say I, too, am from the Albany-ish region and closer to Saratoga (although I find myself in Albany and Troy frequently.)

I used to be a member of Vent and may join again in the future.  I'm looking for a gym right now.  I went to the CP one mostly.

I'm new to the rebellion this month, doing my first six week challenge.  I'm currently dabbling in martial arts and trying to get better sleep.

How's it going so far, FlyNavy?  

Here is a nerdly 518-related item I made which I now submit for your amusement... because only us Albany/Saratogians will get it!

10556486_578081893083_800706714227228077

Just saw this and thought I'd pop up and say Hi. Also in the Albanyish area. Largely work out at home (trying to save $). Not the best motivational strategy but, what can ya do. Working on getting back into it. I want to do P90X3 and then maybe Beast Body. I've heard good things.

Let me know if you sign up at Vent again. I go to the one in CP. And yes, better sleep is definitely a goal. 

Hi!  This is from a few months ago, but I figure it's worth reviving to say I, too, am from the Albany-ish region and closer to Saratoga (although I find myself in Albany and Troy frequently.)

I used to be a member of Vent and may join again in the future.  I'm looking for a gym right now.  I went to the CP one mostly.

I'm new to the rebellion this month, doing my first six week challenge.  I'm currently dabbling in martial arts and trying to get better sleep.

How's it going so far, FlyNavy?  

Here is a nerdly 518-related item I made which I now submit for your amusement... because only us Albany/Saratogians will get it!

10556486_578081893083_800706714227228077

• Like 2

Fly- I haven't been to Vent, although one of my friends goes to the one in the Scotia/Schenectady area. How do you like it?

I'm from the Albany area and would like to form connections with the Nerd Fitness community locally. I want to foster support, encouragement and accountability...if you or other local people are interested in helping one another out, feel free to message me.

Anyone planning anything fun this winter? I asked for snow shoes for Christmas so hopefully Santa will bring them.

Still waiting for it to actually snow. They say maybe tonight? I got into skiing last winter. Which is WAY more of a workout than I ever expected. Can't wait to go again!

Anyone planning anything fun this winter? I asked for snow shoes for Christmas so hopefully Santa will bring them.

I hope to plan a trip to some place warm this winter. I love having some snow, but miss sunshine and warmth when we are in the heart of winter. I was looking into going to Costa Rica with some friends. 

I also would like to try a winter sport; skiing or snow shoeing sounds like a good time to me.

What about you?

I'm in the area as well, more Saratoga than Albany. I've been in Virginia with family for the past couple of weeks but will be returning north shortly. I missed the snow - you know, because I left the state slightly before Christmas. How messed up is that? I remember snow in October not too long ago.

I'm in Syracuse but would totally come out to Albany for a meetup!  Planning to go skydiving at Weedsport NY this next May, if anyone's in.  :onthego:
  I'm not organizing anything official, I am just letting my friends know that I will be there and would be happy if they just happened to be there on the same day.   :pride:

Hey!  I live in Syracuse too!  I'm looking for an accountability buddy and some one to run with occasionally at some of the nice outdoor options here.  

And I would love to go skydiving!  How much is it?

I am here. I would love an exercise partner more than ever! And I am planning on getting a gym membership. Who else is here and would like to help motivate each other towards wellness?

• Like 2