workout from personal trainer

So I had a workout session with a Personal Trainer, it was a one time freebie. And I just wanted to post it up here , not only to have members benefit in case this inspires you in some way, but also to get your feedback on it. I was DRENCHED in sweat, my legs were shaky and I was breathing so hard. The next day ( today) I am so sore, everything hurts but in a good way. I really can't stress how sore I am, I have never been this sore before. The only part I worked out that was new were my abs, since I keep neglecting them without meaning to.

Bear with me if my descriptions of the exercises are confusing.

1. crunches 25

2. scissor kicks 25

3.both legs in the air, touch shins : 2 sets of 25

4.one leg in the air , touch shin,: do each leg, 2 sets of 25 per leg

5.calf raises, one foot up: do each leg, 2 sets of 25 per leg

6.calf raises, both feet , 2 sets of 25

7.calf raises, one foot up, shoulder press with 5 lbs : do each leg, 1 sets of 15 per leg

8. walking lunges to punching bag to one side of the room

9.squat and then punch the punching bag, : do each arm, 25 per arm

10.squat and then knee, 25 per knee, do each knee

11. squat and then kick, 25 per leg, do each leg

12.donkey kicks, with 8 lb dumbbell set behind knee, (squeezing to make sure it doesn't fall off), 25 per each leg

13. lie down on side, kick up, 25 per leg

14. Llie down on L side, half right leg knee folded at angle. keep left leg straight out and kick up. : 25 per side

15.hold head with one arm, hold dumb bell and crunch to that same side- 25 per side

16. hold one 5 lb dumbbell in both hands, and swing side to side, 25 total

17. knee pushups-25

18. lie down on back, legs down. lift right leg up as high as it can go, and then bring it back down. do 25 times. do left leg now.

Okay so here it is- it took exactly one hour. I tried to write all i could remember, i might be missing one exercise at most on this. I am so sore today.

Note: I do workout 5-6 times a week, and all of this stuff was a variation of what I am used to do. For instance, I do squats, I do kickboxing, but I have never combined it before. I do calf raises, but never so many, or with weights or having one leg up, etc. Also, My reps and Sets were different. I did more sets, less reps. For instance, I did 25 reps of squat and then punch. I struggled to make it through the 25. I did pause sometimes, however I had to keep going. If it hadn't been for the trainer, I would have just done 13 reps, and then 12 reps to make it way easier on me.

I am not sure if I am going to see this trainer again, it does get expensive and what not. However, I just wanted members feedback if this was a good weight training full body circuit to do. I was considering on doing this entire thing, 3 times a week, and alternating it with days of one hour of cardio ( 20 minutes jogging, some dance aerobics). I know my body can get used to it, so I was thinking of doing this routine ( 3 times a week for about 2 weeks total) and then signing up for another lesson, and doing the same.

so perhaps, a new workout body routine, every 2 weeks to follow?

Any thoughts, most appreciated!!

Looks like a pretty thorough and intense cardio session. A definite butt-kicker! As a full body workout, I think it's lacking somewhat in upper body work. I could see adding a dedicated overhead press with a suitable weight (I recommend starting lower than you expect you should, overhead pressing tends to be brutal) and no calf raise.

Are you looking for a combo cardio/strength workout, or are you wanting to focus more on strength?

Looks like a pretty thorough and intense cardio session. A definite butt-kicker! As a full body workout, I think it's lacking somewhat in upper body work. I could see adding a dedicated overhead press with a suitable weight (I recommend starting lower than you expect you should, overhead pressing tends to be brutal) and no calf raise.

Are you looking for a combo cardio/strength workout, or are you wanting to focus more on strength?

I agree that it's lacking in upper body. However, surprisingly I was soooooo sore at my arms the next day, and even a day after that. I think it might have been the shoulder presses, something I have never done- but now LOVE. I am looking basically for strength training moves that are combinations, just to keep them more challenging.

Today I repeated the workout, however I was surprised that i wasn't sweating as profusely or as out of breath. Maybe it's because I wasn't hopping to each exercise like I had with the trainer. I added 50 shoulder presses in without the calf raises as you suggested.