This is my seventh challenge here on NF. I've learned a lot since then, am still learning now, and hope to continue learning about health, fitness, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle/goals.

A little bit about me:

I'm a college student living at home with the folks. I thought about being an engineer, but that didn't work out. I got into a car accident a few years ago and that set me back a few semesters. I tried being an accountant but wasn't good enough for the college of business. My grandmother passed away last year. I was so busy taking care of my grandpa and the rest of the family that I neglected my classes and it hurt my gpa. So I'm floating on a mulitdisciplinary degree that doesn't do much (unless I can sell it) for any career. I live with my dad (The Fatherlord), sis (mini me). I'm also stuck with my stepmother (Maleficent) and stepsister (Lilith) whose goal in life is to make my life hard. Most of my friends call me cinderella bc of this. All the stress of changing majors dealing with accidents and losses, and toxic people has lead me to put on 30 lbs. I've been here on NF for most of this grief. I've had to learn the hard way how to build a successful challenge, but I'm getting better. I hope to lose this weight that the stress that has caused it.

my main goals are to:

• Get back to a healthy weight
  • eat clean and healthy
  • get enough sleep
  • feel great about exercising and do it continually
  • graduate with a degree in accounting
  • save up enough to get my own apartment

But enough serious talk, lets move on to the fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main Quest Big Trouble in Little Republic City

Being the avatar has been pretty laid back so far. I've mastered all the elements except air. Because of that I'm heading to Republic City to learn it from Tenzin, Aangs son. Air bending is not the most fun thing to do, so I'm doing some pro-bending on the side (Tenzin doesn't have to know about that.) Air temple food isn't that great either, but the water tribe food Republic city is amazing. You can't bend on an empty stomach anyways. I heard you shouldn't water bend until at least forty five minutes after eating, but that's an old myth.

Goal 1 Airbending Training (+3 DEX, +3 STR)

Korra-training.jpg

I've got one last element to tackle if I want to get this avatar thing down, how hard can air bending be?

CHALLENGE: workout x2 per week

CHALLENGE: yoga/meditation x2 per week

STAT: 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)

Goal 2 An Avatar's Appetite (+3 CON)

tumblr_nb90u3Mqn41tk9l7fo2_250.gif

You can't save the world on an empty stomach, so why not stop by the nearest restaurant in Republic City for some Water tribe cuisine?

CHALLENGE: calorie limit of 1,600 per day

CHALLENGE: eat +100 g of protein per day

Goal 3 Being the Pro-bending Champion (+3 STA)

tumblr_m0ht5erzLQ1roupato1_500.gif

Pro-bending is great! And I can finally do some bending that I'm good at and kick butt while doing it.

CHALLENGE: 100 oz water per day

CHALLENGE: go to bed no later than 11pm

Side Quest Looking for Answers (+3 WIS)

Korra_and_Mako_at_the_Revelation.png

Something's not quite right in Republic City, and Tarrlok is not telling me everything either. Better start brushing up on my research and find my own answers.

CHALLENGE: 100% on all note card subjects everyday

CHALLENGE: read school book/ do homework 30 minutes everyday

Measurements:

Neck: 15.75

Chest: 43.00

Waist: 36.25

Hips: 45.75

Thigh: R: 25.00 L: 25.00

Calf: R: 16.50 L: 16.50

Bicep: R: 15.00 L: 15.00

Weight: 198

• Like 6

[gif]

[witty and supportive dialogue--]

Following.

• Like 4

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I'm just here for all the things...

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

[gif]

[witty and supportive dialogue--]

Following.

[jpg[

[comical banter]

1127864_200x130.png

[here because avatar and legend of korra= love]

[quip]

[oodles of hugs]

<3 <3 <3 <3

[overkills korra memes]

[rebuttle]

[more hugs]

tumblr_neg80zGChd1u17qyeo1_500.gif

Non-existent, hypothetical humour definitely suits my very Germanic tastes. :)

Can't wait to see what comes next! :D

O I do love making amusing remarks in a serious tone therefore inferring it non-existent 

I've been modifying my proramming to appeal two a broader range of cultures 

200_s.gif

m_53e6c23888e3c677e313eb86.jpg

Pants held.

hope you're wearing suspenders and a belt because I'm about to kick things into over drive

tumblr_inline_nlmtvooQd51sfcyic.gif

I'm just here for all the things...

then you've certainly come to the right place

misc-all-the-things-l-1-1024x768.jpg

• Like 6

Made some more minor adjustments to my challenge. 

I'm tempted to give myself personal mini challenges each week based on the plot of the first season of the show. 

The seasons normally have twelve episdoes, so divided those up by six weeks, and it's two episodes a week. It would make things more specific in regards to the challenge, easier to measure/ attain/ time since it's in a shorter span than the challenge. I'm still gonna have trouble making them result-focused though. I've come to realize that making goals that focus on the activity rather than the outcome results in failure. I guess my result would be to check off my overall goals for the week, build some good habits, be more accountable, and loose weight doing it. 

• Like 5

Made some more minor adjustments to my challenge. 

I'm tempted to give myself personal mini challenges each week based on the plot of the first season of the show. 

The seasons normally have twelve episdoes, so divided those up by six weeks, and it's two episodes a week. It would make things more specific in regards to the challenge, easier to measure/ attain/ time since it's in a shorter span than the challenge. I'm still gonna have trouble making them result-focused though. I've come to realize that making goals that focus on the activity rather than the outcome results in failure. I guess my result would be to check off my overall goals for the week, build some good habits, be more accountable, and loose weight doing it.

I like that mindset.

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I might have to put the finishing touches of my challenge on the back burner until the end of this week. I've got other responsibilities piling up and I don't want to use this as an excuse to slack off. I was even on here during class this morning. I had to set my phone on night/moon mode so my ringer wouldn't vibrate. Most rebels seem to be early risers. 

I haven't fully disclosed all the juicy details of my current personal life. As much as I want to hold off: 

1) I feel I wouldn't be accountable with myself if I didn't

2) I really really want to spill the beans

here goes...

I started my first day working today!

Granted it was just three hours of training, but it was a start. I the rest of this week and the next go smoothly. This is the first time I'm doing customer service face to face. I've always been at a computer letting that be the medium of communication. Now I have to use verbal words. But I'm so much better with a computer. Lately I've been mixing words up or mashing tow words into one incoherent sound. I'm even having difficulty enunciating properly. I guess this is the right step to help me get over whatever speech blip this is. 

I also have to balance four classes this semester. They're all business classes, so it's more along the lines of route memorization or simple understanding. At least it's not advanced physics. I have at least four hours of online homework for one class, an exam next week to prep for, a group presentation for another, and two more exams in two weeks. 

Now I'm balancing an officer position for that organization I'm still in. That means making weekly officer meetings on the weekend and regular meetings on the weekdays. And on top of that I'm thinking of rushing a (business) fraternity. They seem like they have this stuff together. I want to get in for the resume clean ups, networking perks, communication enhancement skills, etc etc. But to do all that I need to find a business attire, resume, letter of intent, and be on campus on a Saturday at 8 in the morning. They're only accepting around seventy five students. I know less than that number will show up, even less will get a bid and get into the pledge process, and fewer still will pass the pledgening. 

Boy do I have my work cut out for me. 

• Like 4

a job?!  A JOB?!  

congrats+gif.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

You heard right!

I work at a pet store now, it's so much fun!

anigif_enhanced-13389-1395935167-24.gif

Yeah! Happy for you!

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

A pet store even!  That's so awesome!   You get a daily dose of adorable.  This is all WIN

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yeah! Happy for you!

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends  :)

Thanks!

gvY9eRz.gif

A pet store even!  That's so awesome!   You get a daily dose of adorable.  This is all WIN

So much win! 

Since I've been there pet parents just throw their puppies on the counter for the cashier to hold while they're checking out. 

So may cuddle opportunities.

When-Dylan-OBrien-Took-Break-Cuddle-One-

• Like 2

So much win! 

Since I've been there pet parents just throw their puppies on the counter for the cashier to hold while they're checking out. 

So may cuddle opportunities.

That sounds like the best job ever!

*following*

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Today was my first official day of work! 

I learned how to work a cash register and greet the customers. It took about an hour before I everything out. I had the morning shift so I got a lot of the older folks who like to get their shopping done out of the way. I never realized how much people are willing to spend on their pets until today. The managers and person who were training me were more than happy to help with any questions.

I should make my meditation goal have a time limit, so it has more of the measurable aspect in the SMART goal department. 

I started at my new job today and was on my feet for five hours. I did have a fifteen minute break. I spent it in the break room mostly because there it was empty and they had cake. I spent the first two minutes doing mindful meditation. 

I looked up mindful mediation and it's it's defined as "a mental state achieved by focusing one's awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique."

I've fallen in love with mindful meditation, especially after waking up or after a long day. I enjoyed sitting down on a nice couch, feeling the strained muscles in my feet relaxing, the coolness of the chair behind my back, focusing on rhythmic breathing, noticing the only sounds were of the gentle whir of the air conditioning and buzzing of lights.  

I definitely will do more mediation during my breaks if no one is in the break room. 

yoga_on_desk-resized-600.jpg

I also did a lot of stretching too. My back was feeling sore from standing so much. When it started slowing down and there wasn't anyone around (I have a weird thing for privacy) I did some padahastasana. It's one of the few yoga poses that look semi normal in public and pop my back. 

Padahastasana.jpg

I came home and skipped class to get some more homework done. I am way too behind on all my homework and studying. There's no way I can catch up in any class at this point. Not unless I lock myself away in either my room or a library for +12 hours and get shit done. 

Ugh. I have too much to study for. I have at least four hours of online business law homework that is due by this Sunday. 

I'm gonna make a list since lists are so much fun and more organized than the jumble of sentences I usually throw together to form a paragraph. 

• five hours of online business law due this weekend. 
  • four chapters of macroeconomics to memorize and comprehend for an exam this tuesday
  • four chapters worth of notecards for marketing that need memorizing 
  • four more chapters of notecards, book reading, end of ch assignments to review for management science
  • a group project on of the classes due next week (that no one in the group has spoken to each other yet)

And I wanted to rush some business fraternity since they can whip up one hell of a resume, killers at networking, and boss at communicating. They focus more on helping others with their grades and preparing for the real world rather than focusing on social gatherings. 

• Like 3

You won't get bored anytime soon ;)

Sounds you had a great first day!

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45