Spezzy's Everything Zen Challenge... take two

spezzy

Hey, sorry to hear about the sleep issue. I've been there, done that, seen my own sleep doctor, and now gave to wear sunglasses outside before 8.30 am and after 1 pm.

I also have a sexy pair of orange safety glasses to cut the blue light at night. But, it totally works.

Hope your doc solves your issue, too!

Also, more Madi pics pls. K thx bye

I got a pair of those sexy orange glasses too, and have an orange light at night by my bed to read by. 

I'll be sure to pester you about eating enough at camp. Also, I hope the sleep doc has good things to say that we do not need any further sad beeps.

yay thank you :D 

F.lux is your friend for night time computering. :)

i love flux! i just wish i could get it for my phone :(

Oooh headspace.  Every time I do the Take 10 I really want to subscribe to the full thing.  You're digging it? Worth the price? 

YES. It's really cheap if you think about it. That being said, I haven't had to pay for it yet (I've been gifted a few free months :D) but when they are up I will be signing up without question.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Okay, so updates!

Here is my daily update template:

1) Headspace:

2) Train smart:

a) Lifting

B) Rehab

c) Stretching

3) Diet: 

4) Productivity

a) adult task:

B) work at desk at least 75% of day?

c) phone in other room?

d) On time for all scheduled things?

e) Apartment clean?

NOTES:

MONDAY - 

1) Headspace: yes

2) Train smart:

a) Lifting Squat - in new shoes! 255x4x3, Front Squat - 60kgx3x8, Accessory

B) Rehab - yes

c) Stretching - yes

3) Diet: started tracking. I'm bad at this.

4) Productivity

a) adult task: I did a full day of work and it was a holiday.

B) work at desk at least 75% of day? yes

c) phone in other room? 50% of the time?

d) On time for all scheduled things? about 10 mins late for gym.

e) Apartment clean? nope!

NOTES:  slept well

TUESDAY - 

1) Headspace: yes. 2x

2) Train smart:

a) Lifting: off day

B) Rehab: none

c) Stretching: yes

3) Diet: yes. at 8pm realized I had only gotten in 1200 calories so ate another 800 or so even though I was full.

4) Productivity

a) adult task: booked my flight to nationals (eep!)

B) work at desk at least 75% of day? yes. 

c) phone in other room? for about 50%

d) On time for all scheduled things? no scheduled things

e) Apartment clean? wasn't a goal yet

WEDNESDAY

1) Headspace: yes, first thing in the morning too!

2) Train smart:

a) Lifting: bench, 165x2x3, 155x2x3, deadlift 370x3x3, 315x1x3, press 90x1x8, 95x1x8, 95x1x5  ( :( ), hip thrusts

B) Rehab: yup!

c) Stretching yup!

3) Diet: only tracked 50% but did get enough food.

4) Productivity

a) adult task: what is this adulting you speak of? wait, no, I reached out to the guy that helped me with my last meet to see if he'd help me with Nats. :)

B) work at desk at least 75% of day? yes

c) phone in other room? no

d) On time for all scheduled things? no, 15 minutes late for gym

e) Apartment clean? was not a goal yet

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Sunglasses are playing a large role in your schedule. I'm down with that. ;)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Here I thought I was going to see a thread titled, "Spezzy Sleeps with Doc!"

Nice squat gains!  It's nice to see some numbers again.  So if I just lurk quietly, we will see more numbers?

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

There's a little bit of me always a bit jealous when other lifters seem to be able to forget to eat and I'm sitting there going "how much longer 'til I can eat again?" even when I'm not cutting!

Yeah, I used to think that too :) There are a few things going into it though! 

Not to make this a "serious past" discussion but part of it is that I still don't really have a proper hunger reflex from my years with bulimia.   And I'm really not food driven anymore, and I wish I was. Like, I don't ever look forward to eating. It's not that I don't like it, but it's not like I get super excited about it.  Right now, food is truly just fuel to me and not something I overly look forward to. I enjoy eating when I'm eating, but that's it. 

Soooo those two things together make it easy for me to forget.

I DO really enjoy cooking though, so I'd like to learn some cooking skills and maybe get excited about eating again. I made some new recipes over the weekend and that was fun, and I enjoyed eating after. Trying to make an event of it so I can get excited about food again :) 

giphy.gif

Here I thought I was going to see a thread titled, "Spezzy Sleeps with Doc!"

Nice squat gains!  It's nice to see some numbers again.  So if I just lurk quietly, we will see more numbers?

Numbers are relevant this challenge with my upcoming meet :) 

Yeah, I used to think that too :) There are a few things going into it though! 

Not to make this a "serious past" discussion but part of it is that I still don't really have a proper hunger reflex from my years with bulimia.   And I'm really not food driven anymore, and I wish I was. Like, I don't ever look forward to eating. It's not that I don't like it, but it's not like I get super excited about it.  Right now, food is truly just fuel to me and not something I overly look forward to. I enjoy eating when I'm eating, but that's it. 

Soooo those two things together make it easy for me to forget.

I DO really enjoy cooking though, so I'd like to learn some cooking skills and maybe get excited about eating again. I made some new recipes over the weekend and that was fun, and I enjoyed eating after. Trying to make an event of it so I can get excited about food again :)

We actually have pretty similar "serious past" issues, but I never lost the hunger reflex... or, unfortunately, the urge to purge. Tracking seems to be the only thing that really keeps me on track. Possibly something I need to deal with in the future.

I'm glad that you're starting to get excited about cooking and eating again, though. :)

We actually have pretty similar "serious past" issues, but I never lost the hunger reflex... or, unfortunately, the urge to purge. Tracking seems to be the only thing that really keeps me on track. Possibly something I need to deal with in the future.

I'm glad that you're starting to get excited about cooking and eating again, though. :)

Every once in a while I get hungry and I'm like "OMGOMGOMG EVERYONE MY STOMACH IS GROWLING!" and I get super excited because it's SLOWLY coming back :)

The urge to purge I feel as if it's a lot like smoking for me. The thoughts of "you should do that" still come, but it's easier as time goes by to brush them off and tell myself no :)

I think if tracking is what works, then keep with it. Tracking > other options :) And there's nothing wrong with tracking at all.

Tracking too much tends to make me obsessive about the numbers, but I've also gotten better about that lately. I'm more tracking macros than anything else and round most things when I weigh so I can't get too obsessive about it. 

Every once in a while I get hungry and I'm like "OMGOMGOMG EVERYONE MY STOMACH IS GROWLING!" and I get super excited because it's SLOWLY coming back :)

The urge to purge I feel as if it's a lot like smoking for me. The thoughts of "you should do that" still come, but it's easier as time goes by to brush them off and tell myself no :)

So much this. I fail occasionally at the brushing off, but the thoughts also come less frequently too, which helps.

I think if tracking is what works, then keep with it. Tracking > other options :) And there's nothing wrong with tracking at all.

Tracking too much tends to make me obsessive about the numbers, but I've also gotten better about that lately. I'm more tracking macros than anything else and round most things when I weigh so I can't get too obsessive about it.

It's a good plan. Macros seem friendlier a lot of the time. 

Sounds like you had a good half of the week. Seeing everyone offer you suggestions about sleep and then seeing you say you had already tried every single one of them made me wonder if anyone had predicted something like that would happen...

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The best advice I can think of from the top of my head is to find something that works.  Then rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

THURSDAY:
1) Headspace: 2x

2) Train smart:
a) Lifting off day
b ) Rehab off day
c) Stretching yes

3) Diet: 
 ate enough, yes :)

4) Productivity
a) adult task: I cleaned the kitchen first thing in the morning
b )  work at desk at least 75% of day? YES
c) phone in other room? YES
d) On time for all scheduled things? YES
e) Apartment clean? working on it

FRIDAY: 
1) Headspace: did first thing, so can already say yes
2) Train smart: 
a) Lifting - Beltless squats, 240x2x5, beltless 3 second pause 135x5x3, cambered bar good mornings, bodyweight lunges, calves
b ) Rehab - yes
c) Stretching - will do later!

3) Diet: 

4) Productivity
a) adult task: I cleaned the bathroom first thing this morning
b )  work at desk at least 75% of day? doing now!
c) phone in other room?
d) On time for all scheduled things? yes
e) Apartment clean?  working on it!

Oh hello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Requires a jailbroken phone, which isn't the greatest alternative but is what you can expect from iPhone for the near future at least on this matter.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion