The Great Hall: General Chatter

DarK_RaideR

Woohoo! Rolling right into the next challenge...

We've got a Halloween Cloak/Costume Challenge to prepare for!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Women Fighters in Reasonable Armor: Ladies who actually dress for dealing damage

Inspiration for my Halloween Costume! I don't want to end up like this...

med_gallery_17054_1984_12019.jpg

Something more like this, with some great boots and leg guards. (I wish. Maybe next year?)

gallery_17054_1393_29308.jpg

• Like 10

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Official...Well, as official as Rangers get, anyway. :)

We're definitely doing it for the guild in some way, shape or form. If there's interest in opening it up to the other guilds, I'll put up a PVP.

Sorry, I'm not much help when it comes to an iPad. There ought to be some sort of image sizing app available, though. Maybe someone else knows.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Eowyn approves

tumblr_kuz4apvFDI1qzb91ho1_1280.jpg

(Can someone point me in the direction to learn how to get pictures into my threads? Do I need a real computer? because my iPad doesn't seem to be up to the challenge.... Pictures are all too large and they won't load :( )

I assume you're using Tapatalk. From the few times I used it via my tablet, there was an option while posting to include an image. It automatically uploads images from memory to some Tapatalk account without much fuss, but I'm not so sure how it works when it comes to linking image URLs. Look it up, trial and error is the best way to learn ;)

An outfit contest, eh?

• Like 4

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Yeah. We went from cloaks to costumes somewhere along the way... Maybe should have a cloak category and then other categories as needed?

I gotta get off Pinterest and get some sleep. Too many good ideas there.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I just noticed: This is the Rangers! They can do anything!

Anyone of you fine men and women dabble into making jewelry? I feel underendowed and am wondering about artsing and crafting some amulets, so I can take rangerdom with me to work... (should I ever find work, but that is on another leaf)

I have dabbled into this and this kind of thing, but not into semi-precious stones, and not into metals...

These kind of things inspire me to try... even though the results are woefully underwhelming...

But I would like to try again... maybe...

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

*hangs her hammock in the Grove of Already Written Up Challenges Because she is a Giant Geek*

*crickets*

@_@;;;;;;;;;;;;;

• Like 5

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

I love that the new forums have been open for a day and we already have more challenge threads than the other guilds. I'm going for Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi robe should be at least half credit for a Ranger cloak I think.

• Like 8

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Well, Jedi are kinda like.... Force-Rangers. If you think about it. 

We have more threads up than everyone else??

*goes to look*

Well, hot diggity, we do! Eeeeexcellent. I cannot even begin to express my adoration for the enthusiasm around here - it has absolutely exploded! We're all like

Elf.gif

11-overly-excited.gif

• Like 11

"In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength." -Uncle Iroh

Well, Jedi are kinda like.... Force-Rangers. If you think about it. 

Literally the reason I'm a Ranger. I'm doing primarily Jedi-themed challenges for a while :) My goal is that after this challenge I get to level up to PADAWAN.

Also, I'm so bad at Halloween. I have literally nowhere to wear a costume. I'm seriously considering breaking out the modern sorceress costume to wear to class that day though.

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 10: Opta Ardua Pennis Astra Sequi

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

I love Halloween!  Its my favorite.

h6.jpg

I'm new to the Rangers, but I am hoping to have either my next challenge thread or a battle log up in the next day or so.  So, hey guys!!

Im-Here-to-kick-ass-and-chew-bubble-gum-

• Like 6

I love Halloween!  Its my favorite.

h6.jpg

WELCOME to the Rangers!! :D

YUP FAVORITE HOLIDAY EVER

So just FYI Michael's has a 30% off sale on Halloween lighting, I may or may not know this because I bought some jack-o-lantern string lights yesterday.  Heheheheheheh

• Like 3

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

We have more threads up than everyone else??

*goes to look*

Well, hot diggity, we do! Eeeeexcellent. I cannot even begin to express my adoration for the enthusiasm around here - it has absolutely exploded! We're all like

Plus, when I logged in this morning, the new forums were completely empty. First 3 threads to be posted were the Ranger's Fort, Ranger General Chat and my next challenge

giphy.gif

Then the forums became mainstream, y'know?

Literally the reason I'm a Ranger. I'm doing primarily Jedi-themed challenges for a while :) My goal is that after this challenge I get to level up to PADAWAN.

Also, I'm so bad at Halloween. I have literally nowhere to wear a costume. I'm seriously considering breaking out the modern sorceress costume to wear to class that day though.

I get the feeling you'd make a great team under EricMN's mentorship ;)

Since you mentioned Halloween, just put on that Jedi robe. It's technically a Space Ranger's cloak. More proof for that theory. Boom!

I'm new to the Rangers, but I am hoping to have either my next challenge thread or a battle log up in the next day or so.  So, hey guys!!

Roddy approves

tumblr_nsdlkvvSLz1qjouuqo1_500.gif

Welcome to the Rangers!

• Like 6

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

John Carpenter references?  I have found my people! Hi, Rangers!

1Ciy0T7.gif

I am joining up as soon as my first challenge is completed.  This seems like the only guild awesome enough to condone all my various interests.

• Like 8

My first six week challenge!

"I can't run, but I can walk much faster than this." -Paul Simon

"There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen

Find me on Instagram, where I mostly post photos of outdoor adventures, baking projects, and books.

John Carpenter references?  I have found my people! Hi, Rangers!

I am joining up as soon as my first challenge is completed.  This seems like the only guild awesome enough to condone all my various interests.

Hi there! We'll be waiting for you, but feel free to stick around, kick back and enjoy the insanity!

in-the-mouth-of-madness_144806-fli_13794

I already love this place.

Aren't we a charming bunch?

PrinceOfDarkness-Cooper.jpg

• Like 6

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Aren't we a charming bunch?

PrinceOfDarkness-Cooper.jpg

I want to be the lady in the green hat with the shopping cart!

• Like 3

»  kom starkru

@DarK_RaideR That picture of the guy eating popcorn at the theater reminded me that my biggest craving during my fitness journey has been to have popcorn and a soda while watching a movie. I've found good alternatives though, such as almonds or fruit.

• Like 2

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

Hi QuietRiotGrrrl and MelissaLouise!

For those or you that were talking survival and blending in before: http://www.instructables.com/id/Disaster-pack-Urban-edition-50-shades-of-grey/

Maybe a "Grey Ranger" category for the costume contest. Who can have the baddest stuff, but be the least noticeable...

• Like 5

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir