• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Today's run was really tough for some reason... Maybe because I was running in the afternoon instead of the evening, so the heat was affecting me? Maybe because the only fuel I'd had at that point was two cheese sticks? Maybe because I stayed up late last night? Idk... But I was really struggling :( Didn't even make it a mile. I went two miles on Wednesday! What gives?! I've got work this evening, so that should boost my distance for the Order of the Stick Challenge (& give me walking distance I for the Assassin Challenge), but it's still gonna be kinda low. :(

Speaking of inspiration, you should look back on the first page of my challenge for a video I posted earlier this week. One of my favorite polers!

I've been at it for 8 months now and only recently got my fireman to look really pretty and clean, haha. Was able to do it first go, but man was it ugly!

Running in the heat is harder on me too, and it doesn't even need that much heat. Also the fuel and sleep lack do make a difference. Good thing you listened to your body.

Yes, Pink Puma is simply brilliant!! I don't understand why she hasn't won more competitions, her skill is mind blowing, her show is captivating, she has a unique style,... it's all there. Then again there are many brilliant pole dancers, so I guess it is always tough to decide.

If it is any comfort to you, we only started on fireman spins in Level 1+ and are still neatening it up in Level 2 now. It's a more challenging spin for many than it looks like, depending which variation you do especially. And doing a move pretty and clean takes mastery that only comes with lots of practice. Which is why we start it later, because as you say, you might be able to do it straight away but in what form? So cool, when you get to the stage of neatening things up, yay :)

GREAT NEWS!!! I've been asked to teach the beginner classes at my old pole studio! And they'll let me rejoin my old class for free since I'll be a teacher!! I'm not sure if I'm going to get paid, or if its just an exchange a class for a class type deal, but I dont care! I get to go back to class!! I'm also amazed that they asked me... Im not the most advanced student there. [Honestly, I'm a little nervous that I won't be good enough to inspire the new students... I can definitely show them and teach them the beginner stuff, but other than that...? Idk] But they said that its because I've got a background in dance and am therefore familiar with how dance classes are run in addition to the fact that I not only can do the moves, but always do them safely. IM SO EXCITED!!! [i hope I dont fuck up... hahaha. Gotta start training extra hard now!]

This is huge, CONGRATULATIONS!!! You will learn soooo much by teaching too! Having to find better descriptions when the students don't get you straight away, seeing where they struggle and exaggerating the pointers to improve,... doing things extra slow and clean to demonstrate,... your skills will fly high, girl!

And I am so glad to hear they prioritize safety!! 

You will be amazing  :cheerful:

• Like 1

Omg you're doing well! And I'm so glad to hear that you get to go back to your pole classes. Keep up the good work and go enjoy those classes!

Also, i think you'll do great as a teacher and you'll only getting better with teaching others how to do it. And I think that it's only you who think you look like a harpooned whale. *nods*

• Like 1

Week 1 Score = 84.13%

I was gone all day Saturday on a trip to Asheville, so I didnt get pole in for the day and my eating messed up some :/ Ah, well. Still a decent score. Also, I wrote my thank-yous for an interview I had, got a letter of recommendation for another position, and put together/sent the first position my list of references. So I get my Life Quest extra credit point this week!

• Like 2

I think I might need to edit my grading exceptions to allow for inclement weather.... It's storming really hard this evening - flash flood warnings & all. No way I'm going to be able to get my run in. I'd be fine if it was just a little rain, but not this.

So this week in the Order of the Stick group we're doing a handstand challenge! Which I'm using as motivation to work on my butterfly handstands on pole! I struggle with inverted hangs and stuff, so a real butterfly is a long way off. [unless I have a spotter and can take more risks. Ive done one or two butterflies with a spotter and some help, but I dont have the strength attempt it alone] But this should help me work towards it! And of course work me towards being able to do a handstand. I can do them against the wall, but thats it.

It turns out, though, that I'm not strong enough to do a handstand butterfly. :( So I'm doing headstand ones instead for now. This was the best one I did while practicing today :)

Butterfly Handstand Attempt#1

• Like 2

Just got an email from the company I interviewed at about a week ago. [some background - Job was a perfect fit for me, I really liked the company, the location was really convenient, the interview went well, the interviewers all told me that they really liked me, sent my thank-yous and everything] I didn't get the job. I didnt even get a final round interview. They final-rounded somebody else instead and hired them. & I'm devastated.

yep, that does indicate something even better will come! You'll see

If they really liked you and then took someone else so promptly that person must have fitted the bill in a very precise way that might have nothing to do with anybody else's qualifications... and you will find something fitting you even better. Keep your chin high and heart open.

That butterfly armstand looks gorgeous. You give me tons of inspiration, see? And I am still waiting for the whale to show up, so far it's only dolphins and mermaids ;)

Keep rocking, you're doing great!

• Like 1

And I am still waiting for the whale to show up, so far it's only dolphins and mermaids ;)

Haha, I'm very careful with what I post! The butterfly headstand is very flattering, so I decided it was safe :P Seems I made the right call!

Just got an email from the company I interviewed at about a week ago. [some background - Job was a perfect fit for me, I really liked the company, the location was really convenient, the interview went well, the interviewers all told me that they really liked me, sent my thank-yous and everything] I didn't get the job. I didnt even get a final round interview. They final-rounded somebody else instead and hired them. & I'm devastated.

Uhhh that feeling is the worst. I know it very well. But like everyone else has said its a chance to look for something even better.

• Like 1

Aaaand I have tendonitis... Tennis elbow to be specific. :/ I'm going to take a rest at pole for a week, and on my pole workout days, just do the exercises that are off the pole. Then I'm gonna start adding wrist workouts in to my routines, cus clearly I need them. -_- any other suggestions?

Well, I failed week 3. Between the endless rain and flooding, getting tendonitis, and starting a new job, I just completely fell through on my goals. So week 3's grade is a 59... But I do get my life quest point for this week - I wrote my personal statement and sent in my application packet for a fellowship I'm applying for. I've got an interview Oct 22. Also, since it's halfway through my 'first' challenge, I'll level up and adjust my stats accordingly.

So the endless rain and flooding has suddenly had an even more dramatic impact on my life other than making me not able to go outside to go running. Another dam broke and my house was in the flood zone, so I had to grab my kitty-cat and throw the most important things in a backpack and leave. Bowie [my kitty] and I are crashing on the couch at my friend and co-worker's apartment, so we're safe, but diet and exercise are completely out the window at this point. I only ate twice today, and had to just be happy for what I got, not nitpick over the carbs, etc. So what I'm going to do is remove today from the points possible for the week. I'll do the same for each day after today that is dramatically affected by the state of emergency here in Columbia. [Also, for anybody that's unaware what's going on - you should google some images and videos. It's absolutely insane.] If the entire week ends up being crazy [plz noooo.... I wanna go home :(( ], I'll just not include it in the total challenge's score.

In other news, I havent had access to clean running water for a couple days now and would kill for a shower - dry shampoo and baby powder just isnt cutting it anymore - so if anybody is in the area and has water, please let me know.

Update - the house escaped unscathed, yay. So kitty and I are back home, but the water still isnt clean. Supposedly you can drink it and cook with it if you boil it first... but its kinda brown, so I'm nervous about that. So I've been drinking bottled water and eating processed shit that I don't need to cook. Haven't exercised all week either. So now my weight is right back up to where it was at the start of the challenge. Fantastic. I hate everything. I keep trying to remind myself to be grateful that my fitness is the only thing I have that's suffered from the floods - people have lost their homes and businesses, and the death toll is up to 17 - but it doesnt make it any less frustrating to see my progress disappear. I really hope they get the water cleaned up soon... my body cant afford to keep eating crap and my wallet can't afford to cook with bottled water. Hell, my wallet can't even afford to keep drinking only bottled water. :(

• Like 2

Update - the house escaped unscathed, yay. So kitty and I are back home, but the water still isnt clean. Supposedly you can drink it and cook with it if you boil it first... but its kinda brown, so I'm nervous about that. So I've been drinking bottled water and eating processed shit that I don't need to cook. Haven't exercised all week either. So now my weight is right back up to where it was at the start of the challenge. Fantastic. I hate everything. I keep trying to remind myself to be grateful that my fitness is the only thing I have that's suffered from the floods - people have lost their homes and businesses, and the death toll is up to 17 - but it doesnt make it any less frustrating to see my progress disappear. I really hope they get the water cleaned up soon... my body cant afford to keep eating crap and my wallet can't afford to cook with bottled water. Hell, my wallet can't even afford to keep drinking only bottled water. :(

I'm sorry to hear everything is gone to shit - I grew up in a rural area so I know the feeling. (we were just on fire all summer instead of underwater) You've got the right attitude trying to think 'at least I'm alive etc' even though it's really hard because you feel like you missed out on so much and have to start again.

Hopefully things start to look up but just remember; every time you overcome a challenge like this it makes the smaller ones easier. eg I survived all the flooding therefore it will be easier for me to exercise the willpower to drive past a fast food joint when I'm hungry.

P.S. If I were near you and not in Australia I would have offered hot and clean water.

• Like 1

Ok, so my score for this week isn't too hot - 77. Screwed up my eating a couple times and missed a workout :( But I get a Life Quest point because I landed an office job! It's just a temp position (three months) and it doesnt require my degree... But it'll give me some office experience that I can list on my resume and that will hopefully help in getting a career job. And omg im SO excited to work 9-5 instead of random, crazy hours! A steady schedule! *swoon* I'll be able to do my workouts at the same time every day, eat at the same time every day, and yayyyy!!! I start Tuesday. :) Hopefully this will make it easier to hit the final week of the challenge as hard as I can. I know that I won't be able to complete my main quest at this point - doing so poorly on week 3 and then being hit by the storm week 4 set me back at square 1 - but I can still pass the challenge and level up!

• Like 3

Ok, so my score for this week isn't too hot - 77. Screwed up my eating a couple times and missed a workout :( But I get a Life Quest point because I landed an office job! It's just a temp position (three months) and it doesnt require my degree... But it'll give me some office experience that I can list on my resume and that will hopefully help in getting a career job. And omg im SO excited to work 9-5 instead of random, crazy hours! A steady schedule! *swoon* I'll be able to do my workouts at the same time every day, eat at the same time every day, and yayyyy!!! I start Tuesday. :) Hopefully this will make it easier to hit the final week of the challenge as hard as I can. I know that I won't be able to complete my main quest at this point - doing so poorly on week 3 and then being hit by the storm week 4 set me back at square 1 - but I can still pass the challenge and level up!

That's fantastic. A bit of schedule and something to put your mind to does wonder for the motivation.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I never posted the end result... oops... Well I failed the final week.. but not badly enough to wreck my entire score. Final score: 71.11% plus my Life Quest points (one of which I earned the last week interviewing for a great position) = 75.11% So I passed! Barely... It's just as well that I didn't have any prizes planned, because I dont really think that score deserves any. Plus I didn't lose weight :( Oh well, next time. For now, I'll update my attribute points and write up my new challenge. I'll post a link to the new one here :)

oh sorry to hear about the whole mess you encountered :o

Glad the house escaped without much damage and yayy on the job! 

I would say you more than passed!! You stuck to your challenge come hell or high water literally, that takes a lot. Hope you stick around for another go and wishing you all the best for next round to be way easier on you :)

How's the pole love?

• Like 1