MaybeAFirst: Continuing the Path

MaybeAFirst

I'm ready to go for the next challenge after a semi successful last challenge! It's going to be a bit of an odd challenge in that university starts halfway through, so I think I will be having one set of goals for the first three weeks and then another set for the final three, with points split evenly over both halves. My second set of goals will be decided after the first three weeks so I can evaluate how everything is going.

Start Weight: 144.8lbs

Height: 5'2"

Goal 1: Diet

Same as last challenge I'm going to be sticking to 1600kcals a day. I have a basic yet flexible meal plan that should get me there while still feeling full.

A: 19+

B: 17+

C: 13+

Stats: +1 CON + 1 CHA

Goal 2: Running

Clever me left her running shoes at home when I moved...Luckily mum is going to post them up to me and they should hopefully arrive before next week otherwise I'll have to adapt this a bit. Anyway I want to start upping my running days to 5 a week, with the same routine as usually, just adding an extra short 1-1.5mile run to start with.

A: 14+

B: 12+

C: 9+

Stats: +1 DEX +1 STA

Goal 3: The little things

I'm trying to get into the habit of flossing and using mouthwash twice a day. Now I do it about once every other day but it's something I should be doing every time I brush my teeth. I also want to make sure I use my face exfoliation gel twice a day as I've just started using it and my skin is feeling so much better already!

A: 19+

B: 17+

C: 13+

Stats: +2 CHA

Goal 4: Regular laundry

I'm trying to get out of the habit of putting off the laundry until I have no clothes left, as well as never being sure when I'm due to change my pillow and duvet covers so I'm going to be following the laundry schedule I have set for myself of changing the pillows twice a week on Wednesday and Sunday, as well as changing the duvet and mattress cover on Saturday. Laundry to be done on Saturday and Sunday and put away, although if the Sunday wash isn't dry I can do that on Monday.

A: 3 weeks completed

B: 2 weeks completed

C: 1 week completed

Stats: +1.5 WIS

• Like 1

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

Lots of adulting here and I like it!! Mouth hygiene may seem like something simple but flossing and mouth wash get overlooked with your basic teeth brushing so good for you! Making yourself accountable for stuff like that seems like the way to go, especially when you got a bunch of Rebels looking after you and cheering you on :)

Count me in as one of the cheerleaders!

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following, have fun adulting, or as some call it, Domestic Rangering.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm totally guilty of putting off laundry as well. I only do it when everything is dirty - so like every two weeks:/ Good for you for fixing that habit and getting organized!

I'll be following you again this challenge!

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Phase 1 Week 1

Monday

Within my calorie limit for today and completed my flossing. Monday would usually be a run day but I'm going to be doing it tomorrow as I had a workshop today and had to be on a train to London at 6:15am, not getting home until 7pm, so doing it tomorrow will just be much more pleasant!

33.3%
33.3%

Good job on day one! Here's hoping you do even better on day 2.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Apologies for the lack of updates, I got Mass Effect 1 and 2 and was playing them for the first time, so I haven't really been thinking about updating! :P

Week 1 start weight: 144.8lbs

Week 2 start weight: 142.4lbs

Managed to stick to my calories every day so far, this is probably the longest streak of consistency I've had in terms of not going over even 100 calories. What's more I've had a bit of a "whoosh" this week and lost 2.4lbs, which feels great as it's the lightest I've been in ages!

Skipped a couple of days so far, so only 4/6 possible runs completed. I'll probably do an extra one on Thursday to try and make up for it. On another note, our bus passes for the university term can be used from this week, which means I can get back to the gym. :) I went today and have started on NROLFW. Was a lot of fun, plus there were a couple of other women in the lifting area, so it wasn't too intimidating!

Completed every day so far, except for one night where I stayed up really late and felt too tired to do anything except brush my teeth. 8/9 so far isn't bad though!

I did my laundry over the weekend and changed my sheets, even if it was only at 11pm on Sunday night! It's nice not feeling too overwhelmed with things to wash.

33.3%
33.3%

Good job on week one. Don't leave us hanging on week 2.

Update so far this week:

Doing well again this week, I'm losing weight way quicker than when I was at home now as I can accurately calculate the calories in all my meals. Might even hit under 140 by the start of term in a week and a bit (here's hoping!). Down to 141.6 as of this morning, whoot! 4/4

Added an extra 1km fast run today to make up for missing a run last week, so I'm ahead on my running goal for the week so far. I went to the gym again today too. Lifted and then went for a 20 minute swim. 3/2

This goal has definitely become a habit now, I don't have to think about it much any more unless I am feeling very tired or lazy. 4/4

It's not been laundry day yet this week but I did remember to change my pillows yesterday.

33.3%
33.3%

Loving those numbers. Keep up the good work.

Week 2 start weight: 142.4lbs

Week 3 start weight: 145lbs

Had a couple of bad days where I went about 500 over maintenance calories, I think the change in exercise routine maybe made me crave a bit more, I'm not sure. According to my logs, I had 5/7 good days. However, according to the scale, I've gone up three damn pounds. That's higher than when I started, within the space of a few days, it's not going down and it's not that time of the month either. At this point I'm just hoping that it's water weight from where I have started up lifting again, but it's pretty damn discouraging when I should have lost about 0.25-0.5lbs this week, not gained 3! I tend to fluctuate within 1lb, it's never been this much before. 12/14

Had a bit of a niggle in my right knee on Saturday evening, so decided to postpone my long run until today just to give it some rest. It's feeling fine now so I probably just overworked it a bit with adding the gym and an extra running day to my routine. 7/9

Didn't get round to these on Saturday night as I was exhausted and basically just fell in bed when I got home from a day of running, gym and swimming. Still mostly good though 12/14

Was waiting for my pillows to dry out after being washed, so I'm going to change them today instead.

33.3%
33.3%

Update: Panic over, the fluctuation has disappeared, phew!

Went over again yesterday. :-/ Had a bit of a terrible day emotionally dealing with medical issues of a loved one so I ended up going over from eating a sticky bun and too much toast. Fortunately everything is much more stable today so I'm back on track! 16/19

Was feeling way too emotional to even contemplate my 7.2km run yesterday and decided to go for a walk with my garmin instead. Ended up walking 7.2km which although isn't quite the same, I'm still giving myself credit for it considering all I wanted to do was mope around the house. 10/12

I missed one evening doing my teeth, but have done everything fine apart from that. Even managed to complete all these tasks yesterday and didn't let my emotions get in the way. 16/19

Completed the laundry last weekend but never got round to changing the pillows, oops. With only a couple of days until the weekend I'm just going to make it last until then. 1/2

33.3%
33.3%

Although you've struggled to meet your goals perfectly this week, I think you've done amazing.  You've done well in the past weeks and past challenge meeting your diet and exercise goals when life was normal. I think that's important, but the real test is how you do when times get tough. You showed a lot of self-control this week by monitoring your calories and making sure you didn't go too far over even though you've been on an emotional rollercoaster. That's huge. Don't forget that.

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge

Ok so it's the end of my first 3 weeks, time to add up points and reset goals for the next 3 weeks! I will add all my points up at the end of the full 6 weeks though. I'm still feeling pretty drained emotionally but I'm hoping getting back into routine now term has started again will help me keep on track with my goals.

Start weight: 144.8lbs

End weight: 143lbs

Down 1.8lbs, yay! Hope to get to 141.5 by the end of the next 3 weeks.

Overall score: 17/21 - B - +0.8 CON +0.8CHA

Had a pretty bad day for food yesterday but I did okay overall and scored a B. It's still hard for me to not overeat when I'm stressed, but I think I'm just going to always try keeping a lettuce in the house as I don't always particularly care what I'm eating and a lettuce will do just as well as bread when I'm in one of those 'have to eat something' moods. Then I can munch away without sabotaging my goals, and lettuce is pretty filling so I'll be less likely to go crazy on other food.

12/15 - B - +0.8 DEX +0.8 STA

The bad - I skipped my Sunday long run, I just was not feeling like it after this week.

The good - Went to parkrun on Saturday and ran it in 31:29, beating my own PB by 2 seconds, but beat my personal best on that course by 2 minutes! I think actually not running as much this week allowed my legs to rest up and get that PB. I'm super happy as it's an hilly trail course that I find quite difficult, so to beat my PB on it is awesome!

16/21 - C - +1.2CHA

Not too bad here, considering even the days I didn't achieve the goal I was still halfway and just missed flossing and mouthwash in the evening. It's definitely a habit now though and something I can do the majority of days.

2 achieved - B - +1.2WIS

Got back on track this weekend and empied out the laundry, changed all the bedding and hung the washed clothes up prompty so they didn't crease.

Goals for the next 3 weeks

Will update this evening with stat allocations, but my new goals are outlined here:

Goal 1: Counting Calories...again

I've done a recalculation of my estimated TDEE and its probably only about 1950, which means I'm going to be dropping my calories 50 calories a week until I'm at 1450 from 1600. So week 1 is 1550, week 2 is 1500 and week 3 is 1450. I will then reevaluate at the end of the challenge. Dropping it this much should also help when there's inevitably a bad day or two.

Goal 2: Gym and Running

I've started back at the gym now, yay! I want to go 3 times a week on top of the 5 runs I am already doing. I've been doing this unofficially for the past 2 weeks and it's definitely been manageable so far. The gym is really nice too - 3 power racks, 3 areas to deadlift, a huge open area with mats for dynamic movement, plus plenty of machines as all gyms have. I'm following NROLFW and love it so far!

Goal 3: Routine and Schedule

Every day I'm going to write myself a schedule and I am going to stick to it as best I can. I work best when I have assigned times for certain activities and enjoy my free time a lot more as it's scheduled and I don't have to feel guilty about not working. I won't post the actual schedule here every day, but I will be updating as to if I'm following it!

33.3%
33.3%

Great job beating your PB! Woohoo!! :D

I think your goals for the second half of the challenge look good! Giving yourself a schedule is really smart. I've found that I work much more efficiently when I have a schedule set. Without one, I rarely get anything productive done.

Ranger | LEVEL 5 | Human

CHALLENGES

Current Challenge