Adventurers in Study Hall

RES

It's the weekend! Is there an essay to be finished, an outline to get started, some extra cramming to do between loads of laundry? Get down to it, Adventurers! Hit the books, gain the wisdom, defeat the classes! You can do it!

• Like 3

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I am doing nothing :(

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

I stayed up till almost 1:00 AM this morning reading a chapter after not doing any studying yesterday, any at all. And all I've done today is stress out over a simply comic that I really wanted to finish today. Maybe, just maybe I'll be able to get the notes done for that chapter. Anyone else faring any better?

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Wish I could say I was....I did get some reading done yesterday but not as much as I would have liked...hopefully I can accomplish more today though the odds are not in my favor currently...

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Ha. Hahaha. No. >> Lots of thinking about doing work, not a lot of doing it.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Someone come up with a paper topic for me. I have no idea what my professor is even looking for. @_@

Alternatively, someone find me a time-turner so I can get caught up on either work or sleep. That would be nice too.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I call the time-turner after fleaball. 

So you know that song from the Lego movie "Everything is Awesome"? I have "Everything is Awful" playing in my head right now.  Boo. 

Why am I still in school? Should have taken my undergrad degree and run far, far away......

• Like 3

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

So you know that song from the Lego movie "Everything is Awesome"? I have "Everything is Awful" playing in my head right now.  Boo. 

Why am I still in school? Should have taken my undergrad degree and run far, far away......

I'm guilty of singing 'Everything is Stupid' at work quite often.

Because learning is fun?

• Like 2

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I keep thinking that too. Like undergrad may be a choice but you still kinda need a degree even if it does wind up being useless. Grad school? I have no one to blame but myself. Why do I hate myself so much?

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I keep thinking that too. Like undergrad may be a choice but you still kinda need a degree even if it does wind up being useless. Grad school? I have no one to blame but myself. Why do I hate myself so much?

Secretly you're a masochist? (I am answering questions with questions today.)

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I mean, I'm not denying it. But freely deciding to spend $100k and an incredible amount of time on what will probably wind up just being a fancy piece of paper is a level of masochism I didn't think I'd hit yet. Also decidedly less fun.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

My school lets you do a practicum (basically real life project/consulting work), a thesis, or "substantial research paper." I'm crossing my fingers an interesting practicum comes up next year because oh god I don't want to write a 50-100 page paper. D:

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ewww. Punch it in the face.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Haven't found that one yet. But yeah if someone has one sign me up!

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm so sorry. That's miserable.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I had three midterms on Monday and one yesterday. They were all a lot easier than I fretted they would be. On the one yesterday, I was just about to drive back home when I realized that I missed part of one of the problems, and I was able to figure out exactly what I did wrong. So, on one hand it's good news because I was able to figure out what I did wrong and I probably won't forget it ever again. On the other hand it's bad because it will still be marked wrong on the test. But overall, I'm pretty happy about everything.

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Oof. At least that's 4 more exams overwith now!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I have seriously been slacking on this challenge, but did finish my reading tonight...:)

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

What's worse? Having a ton of stuff to do and no motivation for any of it, or only wanting to do the thing that's due last? I have an exam tonight and a hundred other things that need to get done, but the only thing I want to work on now is a scholarship application that's due January 28th. That is not how things work, Flea.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi