therealkat :: This Isn't Even My Final Form!

thekatisalie

@Rurik - actually, Surly the brewing company in MN :D BUT I wouldn't say no to a Surly bike!

Ah, I stand corrected.  But now I have a new brewery to seek out when I'm in the States next time!  I wonder if I inadvertently sampled anything Surly makes when I was in Bismarck, ND last September for Brewfest.  There were a good 30-40 breweries from all across that neck of the woods, so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Just Googled them out of curiosity, and oh, man... judging only by the styles of beer they offer and most of the brew names, they're a company right up my alley!

Parkour, The Price Is Right edition.

Should have Kong Vaulted.  Better Flow!

... Rurik's a critic apparently.

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Ah, I stand corrected. But now I have a new brewery to seek out when I'm in the States next time! I wonder if I inadvertently sampled anything Surly makes when I was in Bismarck, ND last September for Brewfest. There were a good 30-40 breweries from all across that neck of the woods, so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

Just Googled them out of curiosity, and oh, man... judging only by the styles of beer they offer and most of the brew names, they're a company right up my alley.

Can you bring beer across the border? If so I'll bring you some when we do the go-ruck. It's too hoppy and bitter for me, but most folks I know are a bit obsessed with it.

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Solstice Challenge

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Yep! Beer can go anywhere. I just flew a bunch home with me from Cali and my brother brings it back from Germany. Just has to be checked if you're flying, so pack it well.

Surly does like their hops. The Surlyfest makes me giggle, because Oktoberfests are mild malty lagers... unless it's Surly. Then it's a hoppy lager. Figure it out.

No workout last night. I recorded my first vain attempt at "vlogging" aka the project conceived while drunk: Kat Drinks Beer. I'm shit for an editor, but it's not awful. I just think I'm a lot more interesting than other people may think I am. Basically, I talk about beer stuff, I sample a beer, I review that sample, and everyone goes on their merry way. It should be more interesting than it sounds. I started with Oktoberfest - history on the party and the beer. 

And not to self-consciously let it out into the world...

• Like 3

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

Can you bring beer across the border? If so I'll bring you some when we do the go-ruck. It's too hoppy and bitter for me, but most folks I know are a bit obsessed with it.

You can, but I'm not sure what the specific rules are.  For example, when we bring US beer back across the border with us, it has to be after a stay of 48 hours of more or we get taxed out the arse.  So I'll have to look into that and get back to you.

Yep! Beer can go anywhere. I just flew a bunch home with me from Cali and my brother brings it back from Germany. Just has to be checked if you're flying, so pack it well.

Surly does like their hops. The Surlyfest makes me giggle, because Oktoberfests are mild malty lagers... unless it's Surly. Then it's a hoppy lager. Figure it out.

No workout last night. I recorded my first vain attempt at "vlogging" aka the project conceived while drunk: Kat Drinks Beer. I'm shit for an editor, but it's not awful. I just think I'm a lot more interesting than other people may think I am. Basically, I talk about beer stuff, I sample a beer, I review that sample, and everyone goes on their merry way. It should be more interesting than it sounds. I started with Oktoberfest - history on the party and the beer. 

And not to self-consciously let it out into the world...

Oktoberfest brews are some of my favorite beers, and I'm only an occasional hops fan.  I prefer nuttier ambers year round, hefeweizen more commonly during the summer, and keep a lot of my IPAs and stouts for the winter.  Now I can't wait for my birthday next weekend and all the Oktoberfest beer, sausage, and sauerkraut!

When do we get to see this vlog?  My challenge is slowly turning it one itself...

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I can bring in 287 oz (18 pints) beer without paying taxes. I added bring beer to the go-ruck calendar entry so I won't forget.

Kat drinks beer is a great concept. You must publish this.

• Like 3

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Solstice Challenge

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I'm going to post it up tonight -- I'll link you all and you can watch five minutes of awkwardness, bad editing, and more awkwardness.

I promise future episodes won't be so haphazard?... Maybe?...

Biked 22 miles yesterday for Beer and Bikes - we stumbled upon a free trivia night and won second place! We also forgot all the damned hills we went down on the way there... 

Oops...

Off to fulfill the financial part of my challenge since I got paid today!

• Like 2

It isn't public yet. I'm still shy... But it's able to be shared around. Watch. Laugh. Pretend you liked it.

https://youtu.be/OoaMUT3CX5U

• Like 5

I learned so much, and you're adorable. Thanks for posting and keep it up! 

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

<3 thanks :3

I am working on better lighting for the next one... 

Pilsners will be the topic.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC: No workout last night, I came home and passed out. I have been so tired this week it isn't even funny. 

I have a bunch of bread to bake tonight, but while batch one is proofing, I want to go for a run. I bought a fitbit. I am starting a new program on Monday because I feel I need structure. I might run on my rest days to make sure I still get miles in, because that 10 miler is sneaking up on me and I am literally terrified. I have walked 10 miles. I have never tried running 10 miles.

I can bring in 287 oz (18 pints) beer without paying taxes. I added bring beer to the go-ruck calendar entry so I won't forget.

Kat drinks beer is a great concept. You must publish this.

As GoRuck would say, beer > bananas

KILL-THAT-5K_TAMPA.png

http://www.goruck.com/fun-ruck/c/70

It isn't public yet. I'm still shy... But it's able to be shared around. Watch. Laugh. Pretend you liked it.

https://youtu.be/OoaMUT3CX5U

That was seriously awesome, Kat.  Loved it, you did the topic complete justice.  Especially liked the extra sips to determine the pallet flavors, and then the splicing of clips toward the end.  I hope that means there are more beer videos to come...?  Christmas Stouts or something on the horizon, maybe?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the sweet talk, guys. You made me confident enough to start research on my next post - history of beer part one. Pilsner will be the focus of the taste test!

Baking all the bread tonight for a buddy's Oktoberfest party. It's spent grain bread (one of them is from his beer!) and honey hop butter. Had to make a bike trip for some stuff so I got a mini workout in!

• Like 2

Good job on the video, I liked the editing. Loved the New Glaurus logo in the background. I was really interested in the Oktoberfest lesson. 

Check out the Spoetzel brewery in Shiner, TX and find a way to get some Shiner up in MN.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

^She says, all nonchalant like.

NBD. Just a 5k before the rest of the world even opens their eyes ;)

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 3

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Good job on the 5k.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks for all the sweet talk, guys. You made me confident enough to start research on my next post - history of beer part one. Pilsner will be the focus of the taste test!

Baking all the bread tonight for a buddy's Oktoberfest party. It's spent grain bread (one of them is from his beer!) and honey hop butter. Had to make a bike trip for some stuff so I got a mini workout in!

95912__safe_solo_applejack_animated_tong

Forgot to mention that I had my first Marzen of the year in preparation for next weekend's Birthday-Oktoberfest festivities!  It was a bit of a disappointment, though no huge surprise coming from Samuel Adams.  Hopefully one of the only other two I could find at the liquor mart provide solace to that fact.

• Like 1

Kat that video was great! I enjoyed the crap out of it. I'm very ignorant about beer - the extent of what I know is I like some of it. So I am looking forward to further unpretentious education.

Seriously though, you should not be worried about sharing that sumbitch with the world. It was entertaining, informative and totally endearing.

• Like 2

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

@DarkFoxx haha no big deal... :P Just a 5k... HAH. I am trying to run no less than 3 miles lately. Somehow I have to get my body used to the idea of running 10 miles in a month...

@Rurik NOM. I love fall beers so much. The Sam Adams Marzen/Oktoberfest isn't awful, but there are much better choices. We had a great one this weekend by Bull Falls in Wisconsin. If you can find it, I highly recommend it. It's not a sweet as some american styles can be. Just malty and spicy.

@Fonzico thank you <3 I made it public... and tweeted the link. Hopefully I get more gooder at editing or find a spot in the house with better lighting...

Husband and I biked from our house to the Vikings game (9 miles) and then to Surly brewing for a post-game drink... and a mile into the ride home, my tire literally exploded. Hindsight being 20/20 I probably should have looked into a spot on the tire that didn't look right. Almost like the tube was bulging. Thankfully we walked to the lightrail and met my brother who came to the rescue with our bike rack, bought him a drink, and got home. 

I also am now the owner of a Fitbit. It was an adventure of a Sunday.

• Like 5

Wow, you are covering so much distance and drink beer ocassionly at the same time. My tollerance is really low, so I wouldn't even try. But I enjoy a nice beer from time to time, too. I like "Helles" - which shouldn't be confused with white beer.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Sounds like a good Sunday.

Monday was Monday. I talked myself in and out of a run, but I went anyway. Victory.

Been eating okay. Been trying not to snack when I am bored. Still haven't gotten ab work in... 

I'm tired today. Stayed up too late watching the Packers make the Chiefs cry.

• Like 2