• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trewest

Trewest Shatters the Looking Glass (and Rocks the Reset)

So last challenge was awesome right up to my Tough Mudder and then..... life happened all over the place.

Long story not so long I had health issues run head first into life issues and my challenge fell to the way side.

But I'm still standing.

So brace yourself for glory. Because I'm coming through the looking glass Wonderland.

• Like 6

I'm glad to be back!

It feels nice to be getting back into the swing of things.

I have a 5K on Sep 20th, and my goal is to run it in under 30 minutes. I'm not fast but I think that's a decent time for what I believe I can do.

• Like 3

I'm glad to be back!

It feels nice to be getting back into the swing of things.

I have a 5K on Sep 20th, and my goal is to run it in under 30 minutes. I'm not fast but I think that's a decent time for what I believe I can do.

Boss sighted. You can kill it! 

LOL, the 5 K isn't my boss fight this time around.

Actually if the timing isn't screwy, I do believe that the Boss battle will be Oct 18th or around that for me. That's when the RCMP opens my application again so I might be running the PARE any time after that. And I want to be READY for it. :D 

• Like 2

Checking in. We are so gonna rock this challenge.

And... I told you so!

You're a runner! ;)

Bahahaha!

SOOOOO not a runner :P But maybe not too pathetic at it after all.

• Like 1

Step One of conquering my next challenge is done.

GROCERY SHOP ALL THE FOOD!

Seriously, feeding me and hubby in a healthy way for 1-1.5 weeks= $165. Not bad. Could be worse. Could be better.

But for the next challenge I have a food list of things I can eat and how to eat them and I want to stick to it RELIGIOUSLY. Which means no alcohol for me (OTHER than the 19th, because it's the mechoui for our wine tasting group and kind of a big event.)

Also going to be saying good bye to bread and pasta, as well as dairy.

• Like 2

GOOD MORNING WONDERLAND!

alice.gif

My challenge theme this round is the wonderful mini series called Alice. It was on SyFy and to this day is my FAVOURITE retelling of my favourite story. If you haven't seen it, I HIGHLY recommend getting your hands on it and watching it. SO MUCH FUN IS HAD.

That being said, let's get through the looking glass shall we?

tumblr_m5sa3eiddF1qc3ju8o1_500.gif

Challenge Goals:

Workout: 5 days a week following Ashley Conrad's Clutch Program PASS/FAIL (because working out is never the issue for me now is it?)

Ashley Conrad’s Clutch Cut program

Monday: Lift
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Lift
Friday: Cardio
Saturday: Lift
Sunday: Rest

STR+0.5 STA+1 DEX+1

Nutrition: Also following the Clutch food plan. I will be saying goodbye to gluten and dairy, as well as SEVERELY cutting my red meat consumption (I have altered her program a little because I already have a shitton of ground beef and pork in my freezer and I AM going to use it. Not gonna lie)

ALSO: I am cutting my drinking out, except for the obligatory wine events. I knew the 19th was a wine event, BUT it turns out my in-laws are taking my husband and I out tomorrow after work to attend a wine event with them. I found out last night. So that's basically everything I DON'T want to eat/drink, all in one evening. Of course. I will consume moderately and try to temper some of the eating choices if I can.

Sticking to the plan, excepting for wine events (not sure if a 3rd event will occur during this period so I'll give myself a 3 day pass)

WIS+0.5 CON+0.5

Language: I MISS my language studies, and now that I am getting a little into the swing of things with work schedulling, I think I can sneak my 20 minutes a day back into my life. YAY! 5 days a week, 20 min a day PASS/FAIL

CHA +1

FUN: this goal is deliberately vague. My brain is mostly back to normal, my body is basically back to where I started in January though. This does a number on the happy place inside my head. SO, I am going to task myself with doing something for fun once a week. Be it sitting outside in the sun reading, going for a walk with the hubby somewhere, curling up in the bath.... SOMETHING to keep my moods up. CON+0.5

I'll be taking progress pics and measurements at the beginning and end of this and posting it. I'll have to do those when I get home tonight.

Now here's the real question: Are you ready for a little maddness?

• Like 2

tumblr_mgnhauWX7W1qim9hqo1_500.png

DAY 1

tumblr_m5sa3eiddF1qc3ju8o2_250.gif

WORKOUT DONE, under spoiler

Warm Up-

5 min of walking

Stretch Series-

Seated Floor Hamstring Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

SPRINT CIRCUIT: Repeat circuit 4x

Level 5, Recovery Cardio
Option: Walk
30 seconds

Level 7, Intermediate Cardio
Option: Jog
30 seconds

Level 10, High-Intensity Cardio
Option: Sprint
30 seconds

STRENGTH CIRCUIT: Repeat the circuit 3

Clean and Press
12-15 reps (65 LBS for me at the moment. Which felt really good to be honest. Not easy, not impossible.)

Overhead Medicine Ball Throws
12-15 reps (These are just fun, a 10LBS medicine ball slam fest)

Dumbbell Rear Lunge
12-15 reps Alternate Option: Walking Lunges (I do the walking lunges due to equipment constraints)

Pushups
12-15 reps (Of course pushups, I would miss them if they were gone)

Bench Dips
12-15 reps  (Almost slipped off the bench once doing these, YAY SWEATY PALMS!)

Sprint in Place
12-15 reps per leg  (this just feels odd to me)

Bodyweight Squat
12-15 reps (How low can you go? Apparently.....not that low )

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
(Skip if not at a gym)
12-15 reps (95 lbs and DAAAAYUM that felt good)

Medicine Ball Jumping Jacks
12-15 reps (Is it weird that I'm tempted to grab my cat, hold him over my head and try these at home???Probably....)

Incline Push-Up
12-15 reps (I kept pushing the bench forward as I did these, turned into a weird sled run/pushup)

Dumbbell Bicep Curl
12-15 reps (40 lbs total and can probably go up next time, which is like...thursday I think)

Side Lateral Raise
12-15 reps (40 lbs total again, NOT going up next time)

One-Arm Dumbbell Row
12-15 reps (55 LBS still and LOVING THE PAIN)

COOL-DOWN

Incline Walk
5 minutes Alternate Options: Jog or bike

STRETCH SERIES

Seated Floor Hamstring Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

And that's just the workout folks

tumblr_m5sa3eiddF1qc3ju8o3_r1_250.gif

NUTRITION ON TRACK

So far today I've followed the Clutch nutrition program. Breakfast was protein pancake (gluten free) and I gotta say that it wasn't terrible. It wasn't amazing but I can see eating it on a regular basis. Just not...you know, everyday. Because then I would quickly come to HATE IT. I have to get through about a gallon of water with 2 lemons in it. So far I'm over a 3rd done that. I drink a LOT of water normally folks. But this whole eating every 3 hours thing is going to be rough. I have a shake I'm already supposed to have eaten but... not actually hungry yet. Go figure. I'll go down it for the sake of doing this right.

tumblr_nggoe0XYuJ1rui5tso1_250.gif

LANGUAGE NOT DONE YET

I won't get to this until after noon today as at lunch I want to try and catch the zumba class at the gym. We shall see....

tumblr_m5sa3eiddF1qc3ju8o4_250.gif

FUN NOT DONE YET EITHER

This might be covered in tomorrow's wine event with the hubby and in-laws. Depends on how good the night is I guess :P

• Like 2

Alice, good theme. Haven't seen the series though. Not sure why but some of those classic stories just don't appease my brain. Maybe that's why I'm a sci-fi junkie :)

I do applaud you for what you said about doing your exercises. Giving yourself not as many stat points because exercising hasn't been a problem. Too easy to over credit yourself for already excellent habits.

Eating every three hours?? I can't imagine doing that. I could do it with my current work situation but still that's a lot to do throughout the day.

You have this set and ready for some major successes!! You've got this!!

• Like 2

Alice, good theme. Haven't seen the series though. Not sure why but some of those classic stories just don't appease my brain. Maybe that's why I'm a sci-fi junkie :)

I do applaud you for what you said about doing your exercises. Giving yourself not as many stat points because exercising hasn't been a problem. Too easy to over credit yourself for already excellent habits.

Eating every three hours?? I can't imagine doing that. I could do it with my current work situation but still that's a lot to do throughout the day.

You have this set and ready for some major successes!! You've got this!!

You might actually like this Alice then, it was shown on SyFy, and has some weird but interesting bends on reality. But to each their own :P

Exactly that on my workouts. Yes they help me physically and deserve a reward, but I want to focus on the other aspects of health. My nutrition is where I am weakest, and I am learning to try and take time for mental health too. I do not need another round of the blues to remind me that sometimes even I run out of pep.

• Like 2

Trewest does not run on magic perpetual motion batteries. Plz to not be run-down.  We all have our trouble spots, even if we sometimes are approaching the thing from opposite directions. You can totally wrangle that nutrition!

• Like 3

Exactly that on my workouts. Yes they help me physically and deserve a reward, but I want to focus on the other aspects of health. My nutrition is where I am weakest, and I am learning to try and take time for mental health too. I do not need another round of the blues to remind me that sometimes even I run out of pep.

I can understand the blues, most wholeheartedly. Things get near you sometimes that drain the spirit, the love, the energy, and the life out of things and it takes a toll. Plus, the nutrition game is a harsh mistress (and she doesn't spare the rod ;) ). You know I'll help prod you if you start slowing down on your path to Ultimate Greatness. Just know that we're here and love you!

• Like 3