• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trewest

Trewest Shatters the Looking Glass (and Rocks the Reset)

Trewest does not run on magic perpetual motion batteries. Plz to not be run-down.  We all have our trouble spots, even if we sometimes are approaching the thing from opposite directions. You can totally wrangle that nutrition!

LOL, too true. I went 90 days of weight training with no deload weeks and PAID for it. The two weeks before my Mudder, my body was like 'nope, not doing it'. So I switched to lighter cardio/endurance training and that helped. Now, I plan on keeping a week for yoga and cardio alone after every 3-4 weeks of a program. Depending on the program of course.

I can understand the blues, most wholeheartedly. Things get near you sometimes that drain the spirit, the love, the energy, and the life out of things and it takes a toll. Plus, the nutrition game is a harsh mistress (and she doesn't spare the rod ;) ). You know I'll help prod you if you start slowing down on your path to Ultimate Greatness. Just know that we're here and love you!

Yes, please prod and nag me. I respond well to it. Which probably explains why I do so well in militant style things.....

tumblr_m3dafcYd9Y1qapy9o.gif

2add876e28f5e8e9f6e8a00b6eabd0d7.gif

LOKI_approves.gif

I love that I can depend on you for GIFS that make me smile :D

{hits follow button repeatedly}

Let's do it!

edited to add: I'm eating every three hours, too :tongue:

Oh good, so I can turn to you when the thought of trying to eat anything just DOES NOT APPEAL. Ugh food.

• Like 3

LOL, too true. I went 90 days of weight training with no deload weeks and PAID for it. The two weeks before my Mudder, my body was like 'nope, not doing it'. So I switched to lighter cardio/endurance training and that helped. Now, I plan on keeping a week for yoga and cardio alone after every 3-4 weeks of a program. Depending on the program of course.

Recovery is crucial--sleep, rest, and good food. Ignore at your own peril.

Oh good, so I can turn to you when the thought of trying to eat anything just DOES NOT APPEAL. Ugh food.

Embrace the suck? 

• Like 1

Recovery is crucial--sleep, rest, and good food. Ignore at your own peril.

Embrace the suck? 

I have a bad habit of treating myself as an unbreakable, endurable resource. 90% of the time it works. But sometimes I get WHOMPED.

UGH FOOD. You don't understand the struggle. I am one of those people who can sometimes just forget to eat for most of a day. I actually have to set a reminder to eat every 3 hours....

• Like 3

I have a bad habit of treating myself as an unbreakable, endurable resource. 90% of the time it works. But sometimes I get WHOMPED.

UGH FOOD. You don't understand the struggle. I am one of those people who can sometimes just forget to eat for most of a day. I actually have to set a reminder to eat every 3 hours....

I was one of the kids who'd get home from college classes around 1-ish and all of a sudden it's 9:45, I've been working on my computer architecture assignment and do not want to break away from it to eat, I'm almost done, don't want to lose my concentration...etc. 

Now I sometimes have to make a decision between making calories and having to get up in the night to use the bathroom, and failing to make calories because I forgot to eat the budgeted-for two glasses of milk.  If you have to hire somebody to cart food around for you, do what you have to. The struggle is real.

• Like 2

I was one of the kids who'd get home from college classes around 1-ish and all of a sudden it's 9:45, I've been working on my computer architecture assignment and do not want to break away from it to eat, I'm almost done, don't want to lose my concentration...etc. 

Now I sometimes have to make a decision between making calories and having to get up in the night to use the bathroom, and failing to make calories because I forgot to eat the budgeted-for two glasses of milk.  If you have to hire somebody to cart food around for you, do what you have to. The struggle is real.

LOL, I have a food bag for that thankfully. And the ability to consume my own body weight in water which is a plus.

Oh, you guys will get a kick out of this. Today at work... FREE PIZZA. Are you fucking kidding me right now?!?!?! Of course this happens on the first day of the eating healthy plan. Apparently my willpower needed exercising too.

• Like 3

LOL, I have a food bag for that thankfully. And the ability to consume my own body weight in water which is a plus.

Oh, you guys will get a kick out of this. Today at work... FREE PIZZA. Are you fucking kidding me right now?!?!?! Of course this happens on the first day of the eating healthy plan. Apparently my willpower needed exercising too.

Dang, that's just mean. I have the dubious distinction of sometimes having better food in my bag than what got catered...high protein count things have a certain appeal. 

• Like 1

Dang, that's just mean. I have the dubious distinction of sometimes having better food in my bag than what got catered...high protein count things have a certain appeal. 

Today my food has been:

protein pancake for breakfast- 1 egg, coconut milk, oats, protein powder, flax seeds

protein shake- coconut milk, water, 1/2 cup berries, 1 scoop protein powder (different kind to the first one yay)

lunch- 1/3 cup cooked black quinoa (so tastey....not), 2 cups spinach (yay, yes I like spinach!), 4 spicy fish pucks (salmon or tuna, jalapenos, sweet potatoe, green onions)

Not as exciting as pizza but I'm not hungry either.

Also, done 2/3 of the lemon water. And I still have a snack at 3: unsalted pistachios and celery. Very exciting.

And I miss coffee. Yay caffiene headache!

• Like 1

Today my food has been:

protein pancake for breakfast- 1 egg, coconut milk, oats, protein powder, flax seeds

protein shake- coconut milk, water, 1/2 cup berries, 1 scoop protein powder (different kind to the first one yay)

lunch- 1/3 cup cooked black quinoa (so tastey....not), 2 cups spinach (yay, yes I like spinach!), 4 spicy fish pucks (salmon or tuna, jalapenos, sweet potatoe, green onions)

Also, done 2/3 of the lemon water. And I still have a snack at 3: unsalted pistachios and celery. Very exciting.

Great start! I don't envy the headache >_< Just keep downing water, I suppose? I heard it helps alleviate the pain.

• Like 1

Great start! I don't envy the headache >_< Just keep downing water, I suppose? I heard it helps alleviate the pain.

Oh I've gone through this before. I was addicted to energy drinks in university and cut them cold turkey one day. The week of headaches SUCKED, but after that I felt fine. This is much milder, I just got into the habit of having coffee almost everyday. Since I am packing my own food/drink, I'm not buying coffees and will only drink them if someone else has already bought and paid for it for me (I dislike wasting money and food, combine the two together and I'll just drink the damn coffee)

• Like 1

Oh I've gone through this before. I was addicted to energy drinks in university and cut them cold turkey one day. The week of headaches SUCKED, but after that I felt fine. This is much milder, I just got into the habit of having coffee almost everyday. Since I am packing my own food/drink, I'm not buying coffees and will only drink them if someone else has already bought and paid for it for me (I dislike wasting money and food, combine the two together and I'll just drink the damn coffee)

Sodas did this to me when I quit 'em, exact same story. Coffee keeps me alive, but only one cup a day--and I bring it from home, saves a bundle. Limiting it to the morning keeps it from messing with my sleep.

• Like 1

I have a similar approach to food: waste none. It's kind of why I have issues with staying slim :P Good thing I work out like a demon (which you do as well) :P I'm glad this isn't a huge inconvenience as far as coffee withdrawal goes. I'm sure you'll be out of the woods in no time.

• Like 2

I have a similar approach to food: waste none. It's kind of why I have issues with staying slim :tongue: Good thing I work out like a demon (which you do as well) :tongue: I'm glad this isn't a huge inconvenience as far as coffee withdrawal goes. I'm sure you'll be out of the woods in no time.

The goal of making calorie quotas turns me into a garbage disposal in the pursuit of Energy. Especially tempting if it also burns through an incidental something like graham crackers or hamburger buns, there's a perverse feeling of accomplishment when you eat all of something you rarely buy before it goes bad. A terribad habit.  

• Like 1

DAY ONE RECAP:

Daily Goals

Workout done!

Nutrition plan followed!

Language Training completed!

Weekly Goals

FUN..... welp, still working on that one! :P

Progress pics and measurements to be taken.

• Like 1

I have an alarm set on the phone. Not because I don't like to eat, just because eating that often isn't normal. And measuring/portioning/counting is a bit of a pain in the ass. I am planning to make 2 meals automatic repeats - hb eggs for one and yogurt for hte other - just to not have to think about it.

• Like 1

I have an alarm set on the phone. Not because I don't like to eat, just because eating that often isn't normal. And measuring/portioning/counting is a bit of a pain in the ass. I am planning to make 2 meals automatic repeats - hb eggs for one and yogurt for hte other - just to not have to think about it.

sounds like my challenge. Breakfast is HB eggs (when at work) or scrambled eggs (when i'm home) and yoghurt (mucho protein) for lunch when at work. And now i think of it, maybe lunch at home also... hmm have to look into that.

• Like 1

sounds like my challenge. Breakfast is HB eggs (when at work) or scrambled eggs (when i'm home) and yoghurt (mucho protein) for lunch when at work. And now i think of it, maybe lunch at home also... hmm have to look into that.

I want to do a bunch of hard boiled eggs just for the ease of them, but I'm trying to avoid dairy so no go on the yogurt. Go figure. Right now I am making good friends with veggies I've never really tried before though so...at least there's that right?

STARTING PROGRESS PICS UNDER THE SPOILER

Sep 14 2015 206 Lbs

This is the last time I ever want to look like this, seriously. Ugh....

Onto a more postivie note:

Tried Okra for the first time last night. My husband grilled it in a frying pan with some coconut oil, garlic, and kale. And it was freaking good. Yay new veggie to eat!

• Like 2

tumblr_mdthr8oosw1qeggy4o1_500.jpg

Workout for today not done due to NO SLEEP. Will do tomorrow (which was a schedulled rest day so I am just swapping them)

tumblr_nco7jvx2UW1r39i1to1_250.gif

Food plan is being followed, but tonight is the wine event with the husband and in-laws so expect alochol and pasta. I should probably feel guilty for that....

tumblr_mdmrytUnPJ1qimfrko1_500.gif

Language training is planned for 3 pm today and every week day because that's when I have time

tumblr_nqkbhxCnMO1rz030ro1_r1_500.gif

FUN has not been had yet. Though I am likely to claim tonight's little wine soiree as fun so there is that...

But otherwise I am just tired today guys. Last night I had to do some online training courses for work, and what I expected to be a 30 minute lesson was a 2.5 hour torture session in idiocy and frustration. So I got to bed VERY late. Not happy with that at all. Tomorrow I may or may not be driving 2 hours away to another city for work, and then back, and if that's the case then I'll be doing my make up workout in the afternoon. That's ok, it's the kind I can do at home if necessary.

• Like 2

Today my food has been:

Good luck with your nutrition plan this challenge. You are just out of this world to be able to turn your back on pizza :loyal:

I cut my coffee down to three mugs a day, most days, and the head ache! I thought if you drank filter coffee it won't be that bad, because less caffeine, but man... struggled for a couple of days. I'm trying chai rooibos tea (herbal) during the day, along with plain water, and it's an on/off thing. Cold days are better for tea, me thinks.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the tireds, that's a place nobody wants to be for long.

Training. Oi. 

Good luck with your nutrition plan this challenge. You are just out of this world to be able to turn your back on pizza :loyal:

I cut my coffee down to three mugs a day, most days, and the head ache! I thought if you drank filter coffee it won't be that bad, because less caffeine, but man... struggled for a couple of days. I'm trying chai rooibos tea (herbal) during the day, along with plain water, and it's an on/off thing. Cold days are better for tea, me thinks.

LOL, I'll be alright after I sleep tonight. It was just not appreciated to get less than 5 hours of sleep for my second day of following a new routine. It means today I am going to have to be on the ball for avoiding coffee/caffiene if I can. Though I am allowed a little bit of leeway there. I'm just one of those people that does better with an all or nothing approach. If I'm not supposed to have it, I'll avoid it. But if I'm allowed some of it, where do I draw the line?

• Like 1

LOL, I'll be alright after I sleep tonight. It was just not appreciated to get less than 5 hours of sleep for my second day of following a new routine. It means today I am going to have to be on the ball for avoiding coffee/caffiene if I can. Though I am allowed a little bit of leeway there. I'm just one of those people that does better with an all or nothing approach. If I'm not supposed to have it, I'll avoid it. But if I'm allowed some of it, where do I draw the line?

I understand the ol' "allowance creep" when you give yourself the ability to have a vague quantity. Set a hard rule of x amount of a thing per day/week? I don't have temptation to grab more than my allotted one coffee, so that may not work well for you if it's technically "allowed" to a certain arbitrary extent. 

• Like 1