• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trewest

Trewest Shatters the Looking Glass (and Rocks the Reset)

I understand the ol' "allowance creep" when you give yourself the ability to have a vague quantity. Set a hard rule of x amount of a thing per day/week? I don't have temptation to grab more than my allotted one coffee, so that may not work well for you if it's technically "allowed" to a certain arbitrary extent. 

Yes, this. The whole 'limit caffiene intake to as little as possible' means NOTHING to me. I would rather just go without than freaking worry about it. If someone buys me a coffee though, Imma have that sucker without guilt. That's me though.

Also, I hate that my body became dependent on something. For some reason that always bugs me. I try no to take medications unless I have to (and the pathetic irony is that a medication I was taking for years turns out to have been humping my leg the whole time......) So yeah, being dependent on coffee bugged me. So cutting it out unless one is already bought for me.... that I can do. I just have to suffer the little headache of caffiene withdrawal.

• Like 1

Yes, this. The whole 'limit caffiene intake to as little as possible' means NOTHING to me. I would rather just go without than freaking worry about it. If someone buys me a coffee though, Imma have that sucker without guilt. That's me though.

Also, I hate that my body became dependent on something. For some reason that always bugs me. I try no to take medications unless I have to (and the pathetic irony is that a medication I was taking for years turns out to have been humping my leg the whole time......) So yeah, being dependent on coffee bugged me. So cutting it out unless one is already bought for me.... that I can do. I just have to suffer the little headache of caffiene withdrawal.

Then I guess it's the only way to handle it--the way that works best for you. Medicine is poison in a sufficiently small dose, poison is medicine in too large a dose, lol. Good riddance, huh?

I feel the same way about drug dependence...until I felt like a slug in a salt bath in the afternoons. Actually, I changed my mattress and went back to coffee at the same time, so one or both of these may have improved things. Otherwise, no, I don't like brainlessly medicating away symptoms. I'm changing my sleeping surface and getting in bed earlier, TRYING to modify my water/milk consumption times to avoid interrupting my sleep, all the things, not just chugging coffee as a quick fix. Really I went back to coffee purely for the taste, lol. The energy benefits are a happy secondary.

• Like 1

Workout for today not done due to NO SLEEP. Will do tomorrow (which was a schedulled rest day so I am just swapping them)

tumblr_mf5kw8mv9K1rhxd21o1_500.gif

It's adapting to life! It happens, great if you can balance it this way! So i am already wishing you a good night sleep tonight!

• Like 1

Wakey Wakey, eggs and turkey bakey :) please don't beat yourself up too hard about the progress pics. You still look awesome!! Tired sucks balls and I know it. Hopefully you can shake the headache soon. 

• Like 1

Then I guess it's the only way to handle it--the way that works best for you. Medicine is poison in a sufficiently small dose, poison is medicine in too large a dose, lol. Good riddance, huh?

I feel the same way about drug dependence...until I felt like a slug in a salt bath in the afternoons. Actually, I changed my mattress and went back to coffee at the same time, so one or both of these may have improved things. Otherwise, no, I don't like brainlessly medicating away symptoms. I'm changing my sleeping surface and getting in bed earlier, TRYING to modify my water/milk consumption times to avoid interrupting my sleep, all the things, not just chugging coffee as a quick fix. Really I went back to coffee purely for the taste, lol. The energy benefits are a happy secondary.

That's why I'm altering my nutrition routine. Trying to find something to help shake me out of my tree. Eventually I will find some combination of eating style and exercise that does the trick for me. Exercise I know I can vary all over hte board but so far I've never dialled in my nutrition to the right channel.

For taste, I STILL go to hot chocolate. There's this place here called Art Is In Bakery and it does the most MINDBLOWING hot chocolate ever.

tumblr_mf5kw8mv9K1rhxd21o1_500.gif

It's adapting to life! It happens, great if you can balance it this way! So i am already wishing you a good night sleep tonight!

C'est la vie as they say.

Wakey Wakey, eggs and turkey bakey :) please don't beat yourself up too hard about the progress pics. You still look awesome!! Tired sucks balls and I know it. Hopefully you can shake the headache soon. 

The headache is already gone which is a plus.

I hope you get some good rest soon. :(

Thanks sweetie! I feel better already at least, and need to go EAT ALL THE FOOD

• Like 1

I'm more of a moderation girl myself with regards to this, but I also hate being dependant upon something, or under the control of a (person,) habit, drink or treat. So if I want something that I really like, but stay in control in "consuming" it, then I don't mind. The big problem is breaking the habit in the first place. Now our Sunday ice cream cone from the van driving around was very easy for me to break, I just stopped. I realised I only ate the ice cream because it was what hubby bought me and the boys, but I don't really like ice cream.

• Like 2

tumblr_inline_n1w4khzCRL1rueuxo.gif

Workout from yesterday planned for today after work!!!! It's under the spoiler for those that want to check it out: Cardio and Core day!

WARM-UP

Incline Walk
5 minutes Alternate Options: Jog or bike

STRETCH SERIES

Seated Floor Hamstring Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

HIIT TRAINING: Repeat the circuit 10x

Level 5, Recovery Cardio
Option: Walk
60 seconds

Level 7, Intermediate Cardio
Option: Jog
30 seconds

Level 10, High-Intensity Cardio
Option: Sprint
60 seconds

Clutch Tip: Perform cardio on a treadmill, Stairmaster, bike, or outdoors. The levels are based on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is an all-out sprint and 1 is barely moving. For maximum results, stay true to the levels and make each sprint count.

COOL-DOWN

Incline Walk

STRETCH SERIES

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

CORE CIRCUIT: Repeat the circuit 3-6x, depending on fitness level

Jackknife Sit-Up
1 set to failure

90 Degree Crunch
1 set to failure

Weighted Bicycle
1 set to failure

90 degree Toe Taps
1 set to failure

Elbow Walk
1 set to failure

Army Crawl
1 set to failure

Exercise Ball Crunch
1 set to failure

Isolated Crunch
1 set to failure

tumblr_ll92ujUfQm1qjpsero1_500.gif

Nutrition is as on plan as possible considering that this morning we drove 2 hours away to do a thing for work, had to eat out at a restaurant, and then drove 2 hours back. I did AMAZING at the restaurant guys, seriously amazing.

tumblr_mptmeiSbuh1r3lstwo5_r1_250.gif

Language training will be done when I get a chance today, so far I haven't and I won't have a chance at 3 pm like I normally do.

tumblr_mptmeiSbuh1r3lstwo2_250.gif

FUN! Fun was had last night. The wines were pretty great, I love Malbecs, and we have a case ordered and on it's way to us. Yeah I know I am trying not to drink right now, so luckily it's the kind of wine we plan on cellaring and letting age for a bit!

So far so good today, which is amazing considering how OFF routine today was. Next week will be the real test though as I may or may not have a week of training at HQ again. And they have a pizza day planned for us. I plan on bringing my own food regardless and letting someone else have my slice!

• Like 3

Workout from yesterday planned for today after work!!!! It's under the spoiler for those that want to check it out: Cardio and Core day!

WARM-UP

Incline Walk

STRETCH SERIES

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills

2 sets of 30 seconds

Level 5, Recovery Cardio

60 seconds

30 seconds

60 seconds

Clutch Tip: Perform cardio on a treadmill, Stairmaster, bike, or outdoors. The levels are based on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is an all-out sprint and 1 is barely moving. For maximum results, stay true to the levels and make each sprint count.

COOL-DOWN

Incline Walk

STRETCH SERIES

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills

2 sets of 30 seconds

Jackknife Sit-Up

1 set to failure

90 Degree Crunch

1 set to failure

Weighted Bicycle

1 set to failure

90 degree Toe Taps

1 set to failure

Elbow Walk

1 set to failure

Army Crawl

1 set to failure

Exercise Ball Crunch

1 set to failure

Isolated Crunch

1 set to failure

Nutrition is as on plan as possible considering that this morning we drove 2 hours away to do a thing for work, had to eat out at a restaurant, and then drove 2 hours back. I did AMAZING at the restaurant guys, seriously amazing.

Language training will be done when I get a chance today, so far I haven't and I won't have a chance at 3 pm like I normally do.

FUN! Fun was had last night. The wines were pretty great, I love Malbecs, and we have a case ordered and on it's way to us. Yeah I know I am trying not to drink right now, so luckily it's the kind of wine we plan on cellaring and letting age for a bit!

So far so good today, which is amazing considering how OFF routine today was. Next week will be the real test though as I may or may not have a week of training at HQ again. And they have a pizza day planned for us. I plan on bringing my own food regardless and letting someone else have my slice!

Nicely done!

• Like 1

This is a very important skill to develop.  Nicely done!

• Like 2

WARM-UP

Incline Walk

STRETCH SERIES

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills

2 sets of 30 seconds

Level 5, Recovery Cardio

60 seconds

30 seconds

60 seconds

COOL-DOWN

Incline Walk

STRETCH SERIES

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch

2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills

2 sets of 30 seconds

Jackknife Sit-Up

1 set to failure

90 Degree Crunch

1 set to failure

Weighted Bicycle

1 set to failure

90 degree Toe Taps

1 set to failure

Elbow Walk

1 set to failure

Army Crawl

1 set to failure

Exercise Ball Crunch

1 set to failure

Isolated Crunch

1 set to failure

I'm glad you did good at the restaurant-- they can be tricky when you order and the mind tricks can be bad when you leave.
  • Like 1

This is a very important skill to develop.  Nicely done!

I second this! I find it sooooo hard! Looks like the most important part is going tremendously!!! (and the rest is just going, like, trewest ;) )

• Like 1

Alice-Syfy-Original-Movie-image-alice-sy

Workout of the day DONE! And holy hot damn it felt good!

Warm Up-

5 min of walking

Stretch Series-

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

SPRINT CIRCUIT: Repeat circuit 4x (Oh gods, doing this after doing the cardio cycle yesterday..... I dislike running, so I decided to do A LOT OF IT. Because I am a tool. On hte flip side, I don't actually hurt from all the running. I might actually be getting better at this guys!)

Level 5, Recovery Cardio
30 seconds

30 seconds

30 seconds

STRENGTH CIRCUIT: Repeat the circuit 3-6x, depending on fitness level. Rest 30 seconds after each circuit.

Clean and Press
12-15 reps (65 lbs is still a challenge without being absolutely mental for me. So of course I am awfully tempted to up the weight already.)

Overhead Medicine Ball Throws
12-15 reps (These are just plain old fun.)

Dumbbell Rear Lunge
12-15 reps Alternate Option: Walking Lunges (I will walk 500 miles...doing lunges apparently. UGH)

Pushups
12-15 reps (I should one day see how many pushups I can do on my toes until I max out, I haven't checked that in a while)

Bench Dips
12-15 reps (Also a good way to sneak in a back scratch while working out!)

Sprint in Place
12-15 reps per leg  (so very awkward)

Bodyweight Squat
12-15 reps (It feels weird to be doing squats without the weighted bar after how long I did the weights)

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
12-15 reps (95 lbs and this move makes me feel sexy all over. And sweaty. That too)

Medicine Ball Jumping Jacks
12-15 reps (Another easy fun one)

Incline Push-Up
12-15 reps (Does anyone else find these like, uber awkward? What do I do with my butt?)

Dumbbell Bicep Curl
12-15 reps (Went up to 50 lbs total on these and the STRUGGLE IS REAL)

Side Lateral Raise
12-15 reps (stayed at 40 lbs and might sneak them up next time)

One-Arm Dumbbell Row
12-15 reps (55lbs and yeah, not going up anytime in the near decade)

COOL-DOWN

Incline Walk

STRETCH SERIES

2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

tumblr_medtieoAjT1qimfrko4_r1_250.gif

Nutrition is on track and I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING. OMFG SO HUNGRY.

I even resisted the urge to get eggs and bacon this morning though the tummy was like 'food? FOOD? FOOD!' I have my homemade food, I will stick to it.

tumblr_m72wakQypX1qap9q7o3_500.gif

Language is planned for 3 pm as per always. Have to admit I failed on the language yesterday so today I'll do extra sessions to make up for it. I was so tired after my day yesterday and the workout, that I went home, helped the hubby get food ready, showered, ate, and pretty much went to bed. SLEEP.

tumblr_medtieoAjT1qimfrko6_r1_250.gif

FUN was had at the wine show. This weekend I have another wine event on the 19th, and my 5K Army Run in Ottawa to do so MORE FUN WILL BE HAD! Also shopping, hopefully. Because it is looking more and more likely that I am getting a new job and that means GOODBYE UNIFORM, HELLO BUSINESS CASUAL!

• Like 2

FUN was had at the wine show. This weekend I have another wine event on the 19th, and my 5K Army Run in Ottawa to do so MORE FUN WILL BE HAD! Also shopping, hopefully. Because it is looking more and more likely that I am getting a new job and that means GOODBYE UNIFORM, HELLO BUSINESS CASUAL!

I love that, the ol' ohai new job, new wardrobe. 

• Like 1

I love that, the ol' ohai new job, new wardrobe. 

Yeah, I was hoping to lose weigh before clothes shopping but... reality being I need nice pants. So I will get nice pants and just... be prepared to have to get more nice pants as I get smaller. That is all :P

• Like 2

Yeah, I was hoping to lose weigh before clothes shopping but... reality being I need nice pants. So I will get nice pants and just... be prepared to have to get more nice pants as I get smaller. That is all :tongue:

Become a big fan of belts, that's a good problem to have, but I feel you, the money and time and where the hell do I find pants that fit me now...

• Like 1

Yeah, I was hoping to lose weigh before clothes shopping but... reality being I need nice pants. So I will get nice pants and just... be prepared to have to get more nice pants as I get smaller. That is all :tongue:

Ohhhhhhhhh man, been there, done that.

Just get a couple pairs that are neutral and durable enough to wear more than once/with every blouse.  I embraced minimalist capsule wardrobes while I was losing weight.  It helped.

• Like 1

New job! Someone recognizes the Trewest awesome! 

get new pants you like, then just have them altered as you need it :)

LOL, yesssss it does feel nice to be recognized for the awesomeness that is me :P

I probably will alter the favourites but it all depends on how I lose weight and where I put on muscle next :P

Become a big fan of belts, that's a good problem to have, but I feel you, the money and time and where the hell do I find pants that fit me now...

I have an awesome belt that I love. MAINLY because I cannot stand pants slipping off of my butt. Like 'no, we are not making a break for freedom today pants'......

I'm going to hit up some shops in my city that I know have decent clothes and decent prices. WAREHOUSE shopping for the win!

Ohhhhhhhhh man, been there, done that.

Just get a couple pairs that are neutral and durable enough to wear more than once/with every blouse.  I embraced minimalist capsule wardrobes while I was losing weight.  It helped.

Good advice, thank you. I figure 3 pairs of pants: black, beige, gray. 4 Button up tops? Gives me enough to cycle through without being terribly expensive or an absolute pain in the ass to take care off. Though it does mean I'll have to start ironing again. LE SIGH. :P

• Like 1

Good advice, thank you. I figure 3 pairs of pants: black, beige, gray. 4 Button up tops? Gives me enough to cycle through without being terribly expensive or an absolute pain in the ass to take care off. Though it does mean I'll have to start ironing again. LE SIGH. :tongue:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo ironing, my archnemesis!!!!!!!!!!!

I am guilty of buying pants in the sorts of fabric that I can steam de-wrinkle in the dryer. :lol:

• Like 5

Nooooooooooooooooooooo ironing, my archnemesis!!!!!!!!!!!

I am guilty of buying pants in the sorts of fabric that I can steam de-wrinkle in the dryer.  :lol:

What is ironing? How do you do? * blinks innocently * 

• Like 4

Dryer steaming tip: Take slightly wrinkled dry clothing, toss in dryer with a handful of ice cubes, turn up to the MAX TEMPERATURE, run a short cycle.  It makes an awful racket!!!!  But the ice cubes melt really fast and steam your clothes pretty well unless the wrinkles are really bad.

Lazy girl's ironing alternative, no shame.  Plus I can cook while it's going on, so multitasking win.

• Like 5

Dryer steaming tip: Take slightly wrinkled dry clothing, toss in dryer with a handful of ice cubes, turn up to the MAX TEMPERATURE, run a short cycle.  It makes an awful racket!!!!  But the ice cubes melt really fast and steam your clothes pretty well unless the wrinkles are really bad.

Lazy girl's ironing alternative, no shame.  Plus I can cook while it's going on, so multitasking win.

I DO THIS TOO!!! And it works beautifully :D Also, if it's wintertime and it's cold outside, it makes your clothes really warm and cozy in the morning ^_^

• Like 1