• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trewest

Trewest Shatters the Looking Glass (and Rocks the Reset)

Dryer steaming tip: Take slightly wrinkled dry clothing, toss in dryer with a handful of ice cubes, turn up to the MAX TEMPERATURE, run a short cycle.  It makes an awful racket!!!!  But the ice cubes melt really fast and steam your clothes pretty well unless the wrinkles are really bad.

Lazy girl's ironing alternative, no shame.  Plus I can cook while it's going on, so multitasking win.

#winningallthethings

• Like 1

Dryer steaming tip: Take slightly wrinkled dry clothing, toss in dryer with a handful of ice cubes, turn up to the MAX TEMPERATURE, run a short cycle.  It makes an awful racket!!!!  But the ice cubes melt really fast and steam your clothes pretty well unless the wrinkles are really bad.

Lazy girl's ironing alternative, no shame.  Plus I can cook while it's going on, so multitasking win.

I DO THIS TOO!!! And it works beautifully :D Also, if it's wintertime and it's cold outside, it makes your clothes really warm and cozy in the morning ^_^

#winningallthethings

I live in an apartment so sadly this is not an option for me. We visit the parent-in-laws or the brother-in-law and shamelessly steal their washers and dryers (with their permission). Because my building has machines that make everything smell like mold. Not even joking. We'd had to toss towels because it got so bad.

But I do have a steam function on my iron that might be suitable..... as long as I get the right fabric.

Alright, clothes shopping tonight it is! :D

Nooooooooooooooooooooo ironing, my archnemesis!!!!!!!!!!!

I am guilty of buying pants in the sorts of fabric that I can steam de-wrinkle in the dryer. :lol:

People wash their pants?

• Like 2

I tend to throw a mostly damp hand towel or face cloth into the dryer to do the same purpose as the ice. My freezer doesn't understand the meaning of cubes, just ice Death Stars :D

• Like 1

Just be you and try not to psych yourself out before, during, or after. How you feel you did on the interview doesn't necessarily translate the same way in interviewer-land. Good luck!

• Like 2

Welp, turns out the head boss wasn't in today, so my interview is reschedulled for the 28th.

All next week I'm at my usual job's HQ doing training. Ugh.

I am ANNOYED. But no one here knows that because I have the best poker face ever.

• Like 1

tumblr_lx4ca70gha1qi9nhlo1_500.gif

Workout will be done this afternoon, see below spoiler for routine. Had to reschedule my workout because I THOUGHT I had an interview this morning and I wanted to rest well the night before, so I worked my schedule around to get as much sleep as possible. All for naught it seems. *GRUMBLE*

WARM-UP

Incline Walk
5 minutes Alternate Options: Jog or bike

STRETCH SERIES

Seated Floor Hamstring Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

HIIT TRAINING: Repeat the circuit 10x

Level 5, Recovery Cardio
Option: Walk
60 seconds

Level 7, Intermediate Cardio
Option: Jog
30 seconds

Level 10, High-Intensity Cardio
Option: Sprint
60 seconds

COOL-DOWN

Incline Walk
5 minutes Alternate Options: Jog or bike

STRETCH SERIES

Seated Floor Hamstring Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Quad Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Groin and Back Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Dynamic Chest Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Shoulder Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Seated Glute Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Triceps Stretch
2 sets of 30 seconds

Windmills
2 sets of 30 seconds

CORE CIRCUIT: Repeat the circuit 3-6x, depending on fitness level

Jackknife Sit-Up
1 set to failure

90 Degree Crunch
1 set to failure

Weighted Bicycle
1 set to failure

90 degree Toe Taps
1 set to failure

Elbow Walk
1 set to failure

Army Crawl
1 set to failure

Exercise Ball Crunch
1 set to failure

Isolated Crunch
1 set to failure

tumblr_lhtc29O6sj1qe6t3vo1_500.gif

Nutrition slipped yesterday.

I ate VERY well 99% of the day. And then I had a caramel brownie cheesecake for dessert. Ugh willpower FAIL. Especially since I have the wine thing on saturday. So my idea to salvage my nutrition is to carefully control what I eat at the mechoui (as in NO BREAD *cue the gross sobbing*) and allow myself to enjoy my favourite 2 wines of hte night, but the rest is given to my husband, or tablemates. It's a good idea regardless of the eating habits this week, because at 8 am Sunday I am running a 5K and I have NO DESIRE TO DO THAT HUNGOVER. Seriously. Even I know that would be a bad idea, and I am King of Badidealand

tumblr_lli4d51b3i1qzgwino1_500.gif

Language training is schedulled for 3 pm.

Might do it earlier if I get bored because....well its a boring day today

tumblr_muwfjpntm51sfalfpo3_250.gif

FUN was had and will be had again this week. Yippie!

I am not counting the shopping as fun because it rather wasn't. 1- Had a mild anxiety issue with spending that much money on clothes for me. 2- Ended up going home and going through my wardrobe and cleansing it. Which was necessary, cathartic, but not really fun. I still have to go through my workout gear and do the same thing to that tonight though so.... YAY?

• Like 1

If you are interested in a funny interview story, you should check out my thread. Basically, weird questions (canoe in a swimming pool. or something.).  Sorry you got stood up :(  Not fun.  Hopefully it'll work out, or maybe something even better will come up!

And why are clothes so expensive *sigh* I need new clothes. But I have no money. This is not a good combo.

Random, unasked for advice: Don't run the 5k hungover. Been there, done that.  Not worth it.

• Like 1

Ag no man, that is so rude not to let you know ahead of time, except if it was a sudden change of plans on the head boss' side. On the other hand, they could have used it to see how you would react to sudden change/disappointment, whether your in control of your emotions. I tempt for a guy like that once, who did it to some of the people. As I was only there temporarily I told him it was rude to do that to people because they also have to make arrangements, etc. But unfortunately you can't really say that to your head boss.

Anyway - hope you enjoy your wine and run the 5K with no head ache!

Luck and prayers for the next interview! It will go great.

• Like 1

Considering that the head boss had major surgery a couple of months ago and is still recovering, I'm frustrated but understanding.

Add for the 5 K CRUSHED IT. had to stop to pee again and lost major time there. But ran with an awesome stranger lady who made it so much more fun. Also; I should have trained for this. I suck at preparing myself. But I'm not dead and not wrecked so there is that.

• Like 4

Considering that the head boss had major surgery a couple of months ago and is still recovering, I'm frustrated but understanding.

Add for the 5 K CRUSHED IT. had to stop to pee again and lost major time there. But ran with an awesome stranger lady who made it so much more fun. Also; I should have trained for this. I suck at preparing myself. But I'm not dead and not wrecked so there is that.

Funny to be reading this. The preperations for your Tough Mudder were out of this world. And next is a "mere" 5K run and the conclusion is: i should have trained for this...

But just like we expect from you (even without training) it has been crushed!

5d902c4ed9bd86107923d32187b98ac9.jpg

• Like 3

On my way to HQ for training. No gifs this week due to posting from my phone.

No soreness from the 5K yesterday so that tells me I'm doing something right. It took me 37 min with a 5 min toilet break in there so I did it in 32 min. Not bad. I'll take it lol.

Workout today is going to have to wait until after I get home. Nutrition plan is on track. Also learned yesterday that if I say 'I'm only having one glass of wine' and say it with assertion, no one argues with me. Go me.

Language training was done over the weekend because apparently my husband's family forgets that I am not french. Also the mechiui wad on Saturday and almost entirely in french.

Fun for this week isn't planned yet so wet shall see where I get it in.

• Like 4

Woo Hoo!! Sounds like some very great progress and results from the weekend and the 5K. Hopefully HQ training isn't too bad. You there all week, right?

Let's see what we're up for in Week Two, both with our challenges and the Mini.

• Like 2

I am annoyed again. Turns out I don't have the equipment to do my weights workout at home. Threw in my fab kickboxing dvd and did that instead. Will try to figure out tomorrow add I have a 12 hour training day ahead of me. They're buying us pizza but I'm going to pack food for myself instead. Go me.

• Like 2

I am annoyed again. Turns out I don't have the equipment to do my weights workout at home. Threw in my fab kickboxing dvd and did that instead. Will try to figure out tomorrow add I have a 12 hour training day ahead of me. They're buying us pizza but I'm going to pack food for myself instead. Go me.

Bummer, but knowing you, your subbed workout would be just as demanding!

Oh, forgot to mention; I'm giving myself a free pad on language training this week due to stupidly insane HQ training schedule.

That's life, sometimes we just have to adapt!

(no shit "insane hq training schedule"--> "a 12 hour training day")

Rock it is hard as you can. And you will!

• Like 1