Shaarawy’s 5 Week Challenge - FURY ROAD

shaar

Five weeks, you say?  FIVE WEEKS?!

So since CAMP NERD FITNESS falls directly in the middle of this challenge, I am hereby dubbing this a five week challenge.  Because my challenge for camp week is going to be JUST ENJOY CAMP!  Period.  I don’t want to have to think about goals or grading when I’m kayaking or on some ropes 60 feet above the ground or swordfighting someone or leaping through a waterfall.  NOPE!  Five weeks.  Let’s do it.

So I’m sitting here trying to come up with a theme that has to do with the number five.  Hmm.  Lots of thinking.  What am I currently into nerd-wise that can work with the number five?............

fury-road.jpg

Aaahahahaha yes YES EXCELLENT.  STRONG WOMEN THAT DON’T TAKE NO SHIT. ALL RIGHTY THEN.  Mad Max: Fury Road.  If you haven’t seen it, it’s ok, we can still be friends.  This movie has quickly rocketed into my top films of all time -  brilliant characterization, a stunning musical score, impeccable and creative craftmanship, 99% CG-free crazy wild stunts with real humans and acrobats... and of course, blowing things up and a DESERT CAR CHASE YEEEAAAHH!!!  

These are the five Citadel Wives that the warlord Immortan Joe had taken and imprisoned for his own “personal use†(ugh) to breed him pure children (read: boys) to carry on his craycray warlord lineage and leadership.  But when they break out on a risky road to freedom, they’re anything but delicate flowers.  They fight and load weapons and work on the vehicles and lug heavy shit around and it’s JUST RAD.  

This challenge will be structured a little different than usual - mainly I’m breaking my quests up into a total of 5 instead of 4, and the point division will be a little different.  But you’re not here to hear about the technicalities.  You’re here for GLORY, SHINY AND CHROME.

(hey there might be spoilers in this post if you haven’t seen the movie, so there’s that.)

giphy.gif

The Splendid Angharad (+3 STA)

tumblr_nowill1Vu91scm9d0o2_400.gif

Splendid is the unofficial “leader†of the wives, she’s Joe’s favorite and throughout the movie always keeps a cool head, no matter what the situation.  (Like, you know, if she’s about to have a baby in the underbelly of a truck that’s going 500mph and being pursued by Bad Dudes, or when she flings herself onto the outside of a war rig as a pregnant human shield to keep her friends from being shot, idk.)

She’s graceful and grounded, and I want to take an opportunity to work on my mobility and flexiness with some yoga balance poses.  Balance has always been a strong point of mine, and I think this will be a great opportunity to test myself, and expand my mental/physical “rootsâ€, if you will.  I’ve chosen three balance poses to work on and will practice 3 times a week, and will also make it a final goal to hold each one at the end of the 6 weeks for as long as I can.  Poses in no particular order are: Royal Dancer (otherwise known as Lord of the Dance), Crow, and Eagle.  (I think I subconsciously listed them from most challenging -> least challenging, ha!)

A - Practiced 3 times a week.

B - Practiced 2 times a week.

C - Practiced 1 time a week.

Capable (+3 WIS)

tumblr_nowill1Vu91scm9d0o7_r4_400.gif

Capable is probably my second favorite of the wives.  She’s gentle, kind, and compassionate.  The way she treats Nux when she discovers him hiding on their rig - with compassion and not anger or disgust - and how she continues to support him steadfastly throughout the film speaks volumes to her character.  Her words and actions are subtle yet full of a quiet inner strength.  She’s just great, y’all. GREAT.  (Her costume is also my favorite.  That hair.  Yass.)

Anyways.

I need to be a little more compassionate with myself and check in with myself a little better each week.  Life’s about to get a little hectic - I’m going to Camp at the end of the month, then flying home for a long weekend in October, so that combined with my usual hijinks makes me err on the side of more self-care than usual.  Plus, my favorite season is coming (autumn yo), and I want to be able to be present and mindful to enjoy as much of it as I can amidst the chaos.

Like balancing, meditation is something I’ve been well versed in from an extremely young age, so I’ll try to describe my mindful experiences in detail here. :)

A - Meditated once at the end of the week.

F - MEDIOCRE.  (Sorry, MM pun, this means I screwed up and didn’t do anything.)

Cheedo the Fragile (+3 CON)

tumblr_nowill1Vu91scm9d0o3_r3_400.gif

Guys.  I am literally Cheedo the Fragile.

Seriously.

This quest is probably going to be the most important one out of them all.  Cheedo went from being timid and pretty darn naive (and actually wanting to go BACK to her terribad yet coddled lifestyle at one point, girl, you a strong wasteland woman that don’t need that junk)  to using her 20 Seconds of Courage to trick Rictus into helping her onto his rig, thereby helping Furiosa on so she could kill Joe.  Ballsy.

While I won’t be spearheading any warlord assassinations, MY BACK IS FRAGILE, YO.  Holy crapola.  I need to get on this NOW and do it right, and stop saying, “Oh, I’m going to do this lala~†and just dooooo it.  I don’t want to be someone that’s constantly sidelined by injury because I failed to take care of myself the right way.  Consistent stretching and low back exercises has proved very helpful in the past, and I need to make it a priority.  This will be a combination of targeted stretches along with strengthening core work.

A - 5 days of low back stretching/strengthening.

B - 4 days of low back stretching/strengthening.

C - <3 days of low back stretching/strengthening.

Toast the Knowing (+3 STR)

tumblr_nowill1Vu91scm9d0o5_r1_400.gif

How can you not like a chick named Toast.  For reals, yo.

Toast is a survivalist.  She doesn’t beat around the bush, there’s no sugar coating here.  When the other girls were flipping out over Angharad, Toast kept her cool and had her eyes on the prize, reminding them that they didn’t have any time to stop because they were going to the Green Place.  She reloads guns and puts together weapons like a seasoned pro.  She’s tactical and the first to suggest blocking the pass on the way back to the Citadel, to keep the War Boys from catching up to them.  Toast just does what needs to be done.

In the spirit of doing what needs to be done - I like gaming.  A lot.  We recently built some super fast mega charged pew-pew Shiny New PC’s for just such a thing, and as much as I love a nice long weekend gaming session......... I need to hold myself a little more accountable with my screen time.

For each hour spent gaming on the weekend I owe myself 15 minutes of being up and mobile.  Any type of exercise that suits my fancy - cardio, yoga, jump roping, practicing my barrel rolls (?), shadowboxing, vigorous spell-casting, whatever works.  Turning into a Weekend Screen Warrior (literally) is a blast but if I spend too long on the computer I get fuzzy, lethargic, and spaced out.  And that’s no way to survive.

Speaking of survival, this quest is pass or fail ONLY.

A - Every hour of gaming met with 15 minutes of exercise.

F - You done screwed up.

The Dag (+3 CHA)

tumblr_nowill1Vu91scm9d0o8_r1_400.gif

I love The Dag.  I think she might be my favorite of the wives.  She’s sassy and feisty and mouthy, and with all the bad juju she’s endured it hasn’t dulled her fire. She hisses at people and spits on them and doesn’t hesitate to let you know where you stand. Conversely she’s also very intuitive and creative, learning how to take care of the seeds from the Vuvalini, and always being keyed in to her environment and knowing when the enemy was approaching.

For my Life Quest I want to spark my own creativity and use my fitness Instagram more!!!  It’s something I’ve been slacking on and I really want to do more with it, but just haven’t had the drive to.  Hey, it’s time!

Follow me here for accountability and motivation, if you are so inclined.

A - Instagram 3 times weekly.

B - Instagram 2 times weekly.

C - Instagram once weekly.

Throughout all of this I plan to continue my lifting at least twice a week, but that's so ingrained now that I felt it silly to make it an actual challenge. Besides, variety, etc.

Hop on my War Rig, rebels, and let's take this journey down the FURY ROAD TO VICTORY!!!!

I LIFT! I REST! I LIFT AGAIN!!!!

tumblr_noo47nj4531scm9d0o3_250.gif

• Like 17

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

OHAI, lookit what I found....I think I'll follow. 

OHAI!!  Waaahhh these threads got up fast!  Had to do some quick goal tinkering this morning...

Hellz yeah I'm along for the ride, Nux-style!

P.S. That last part seems oddly familiar... :tongue:

tumblr_nrb7m1LRVo1qz7otto1_400.gif

I think drop and rest could be done AT THE SAME TIME for ADDED AWESOME. :D

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Whoa girl! Those look like good goals and great ways to take care of yourself. Loving the theme too, it's really creative.

(I haven't seen the film yet, plz don't throw me off your victory big-rig >_<,,, !!!)

I tried to get a nice mix of fitness + remembering not to burn myself out!

ROOM FOR ALL on the rig! <3  CHOO CHOO XD

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

I'm a fan of the number 5 myself :) 

• Like 3

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

OHAI!!  Waaahhh these threads got up fast!  Had to do some quick goal tinkering this morning...

For srs. Looks like we're both up and ready to roll...hurr...

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Ooooooh. Shiny. 

tumblr_npuxph9BXI1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• Like 3

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Checking in to Ranger Chat.  :)

Oh, yeah:

CAAAAAMMMMMPPPP!!!!!

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Now I must go re-watch the original Mad Max moves then watch Fury Road as I've not seen it ... wonder if it is still in the local theatre

tumblr_meb1o77aA61rq9nqbo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

Following this time around. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

HALLO!!!!

I think I am sometimes the only one who did not enjoy that film. In my (unpopular) opinion, it was a 2 hour movie that was about 1.5 hours too long :D

Now I must go re-watch the original Mad Max moves then watch Fury Road as I've not seen it ... wonder if it is still in the local theatre

tumblr_meb1o77aA61rq9nqbo1_500.gif

It's out on Blu-ray/DVD now.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I'm a fan of the number 5 myself :)

Good things come in 5's!!  Sailor Senshi, parts of Voltron, fingers and toes..

For srs. Looks like we're both up and ready to roll...hurr...

Tiny Tank and War Rig, rollin' out!

Ooooooh. Shiny. 

tumblr_npuxph9BXI1s2wio8o1_500.gif

WITNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!

Oh hi.

You just made me want to watch this film.

HERE FOR THIS, OF COURSE.

YASS oh gosh I am obsessed with this movie, I knew I would love it but I am like +500 loving it.  

Checking in to Ranger Chat.   :)

Oh, yeah:

CAAAAAMMMMMPPPP!!!!!

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following this time around. 

Hail, Our Chaplain!! :)

Following for all of the awesome :)

SPOOKYFOOT <3  Hihihi!!

HALLO!!!!

I think I am sometimes the only one who did not enjoy that film. In my (unpopular) opinion, it was a 2 hour movie that was about 1.5 hours too long :D

HAHA I can definitely see how it would be drawn out for some folks!  I think my eyes were too wide and dialed in to all of the explosions and jumps and fights...

One of the funniest/truest criticisms I read was that it was basically just a big chase scene to get to their destination.... and then they turned around and chased RIGHT BACK to where they started!!

• Like 4

»  kom starkru

Tiny Tank and War Rig, rollin' out!

HAHA I can definitely see how it would be drawn out for some folks!  I think my eyes were too wide and dialed in to all of the explosions and jumps and fights...

One of the funniest/truest criticisms I read was that it was basically just a big chase scene to get to their destination.... and then they turned around and chased RIGHT BACK to where they started!!

https://youtu.be/S0-coASIjkQ

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Fury Road was a fantastic movie!! I loved it. When I got out of the theater after it came out I was so amped and hyped! So many good things about that movie but that fact that they grip it and rip it from the get go and never lets up... Yea, the SHIZ!

I love this theme- it's really cool and thought out and unique- just like you :)

I'm jealous you get to go to Camp NF, that's gonna be amazing. Cutting the 6-weeks short is a solid plan because you're going to want to enjoy every moment. Sweetness!!

Haha, D_R, that guitar player cracked me up. He was straight rocking the whole damn movie, love it.

Good shit all around though and I'll try and keep up this time.. Though, you're already almost on page 2.. Lmao

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Good shit all around though and I'll try and keep up this time.. Though, you're already almost on page 2.. Lmao

We should expect no less from Shaarawy and Ranger Chat, yes?

• Like 1

Absolutely- it would worry me.. A lot of it wasn't already rollin to 40 pages this challenge :). Let the Range Chat continue!

I also really liked Tom Hardy as Max. He has less than 75 lines, I swear, maybe less than 50, but he plays such an epic character. Makes me wish they had shown that one scene where get goes off to get ammo and more guns.. Yea :(

Have you played the video game yet, Shaar? It looked like fun [emoji106]ðŸ»

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Jeez I go to eat some cake and VOILA PAGE 2

Absolutely- it would worry me.. A lot of it wasn't already rollin to 40 pages this challenge :). Let the Range Chat continue!

I also really liked Tom Hardy as Max. He has less than 75 lines, I swear, maybe less than 50, but he plays such an epic character. Makes me wish they had shown that one scene where get goes off to get ammo and more guns.. Yea :(

Have you played the video game yet, Shaar? It looked like fun [emoji106]

Wolf

Tom Hardy was KIND OF PERFECT.  The Blu Ray special edition has a bunch of extras and they interview Tom and he's just kind of the right kind of nutty for that role.

There are deleted scenes too but I haven't watched them yet!

I heard a lot of "meh" things about the game - same with the comics - which makes me sadface. :(

• Like 2

»  kom starkru

Sounds like you're doing a great job celebrating week 0 :)

Tomorrow is MAH BIRTHDAY!!! :D

HAPPY-BIRTHDAY-GIF-IMAGES-27.gif

• Like 5

»  kom starkru