The Legendary League of Scottish Nerds - Accountabilibuddies

As part of a quest to encourage one another, it was agreed that we'd form an accountabilibuddy group for Nerds in Scotland.

I'll try to arrange a meet-up during this challenge, but the aim of this group is to know that there is someone who can physically come and kick your backside if you disappear for too long (I'm looking at you, CrackerWatson!).

195261.jpg?w=900

No limit on numbers, but you must be based in Scotland.

Honorary member:

• Elinox (Because we love you too)
  • Like 3

I guess someone who lives in America but has Scottish heritage and loves Alba with all her tartan heart cannot join?

I've been active with other Accountabilibuddy groups in the past so I promise that I can still kick ass for people who are falling behind, even if it's online. So can I toss the caber too please?!?

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I've seen people do two part challenges before, half before a trip and half after?

That could work, though I worry about getting out of sync.

I've got two in mind already that would still work while I'm away so I might just come up with a third that works.

Fiona - Assassin

Horses ~ Circus ~ Rats ~ Genetics

Four week challenges: 1 2 3 (Failed) 4 5

Current challenge: Here

Hi Scots! 

My challenge involves fasting, so if anyone in Edinburgh would like to mooch about the portrait gallery/national gallery/interesting place in that general area on weekday lunchtimes, then hello!

(There was a really interesting exhibition on Scottish women in the 19th Century on today in the portrait gallery, but honestly I just need something to take my mind off not being able to eat lunch until I get used to it. The inherent risk is of course that I snap and eat you alive. Fair warning.)

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Hi Scots! 

My challenge involves fasting, so if anyone in Edinburgh would like to mooch about the portrait gallery/national gallery/interesting place in that general area on weekday lunchtimes, then hello!

(There was a really interesting exhibition on Scottish women in the 19th Century on today in the portrait gallery, but honestly I just need something to take my mind off not being able to eat lunch until I get used to it. The inherent risk is of course that I snap and eat you alive. Fair warning.)

I can do that! I usually go for a half hour to an hour walk around the city centre. :)

• Like 1

I guess someone who lives in America but has Scottish heritage and loves Alba with all her tartan heart cannot join?

I've been active with other Accountabilibuddy groups in the past so I promise that I can still kick ass for people who are falling behind, even if it's online. So can I toss the caber too please?!?

Come and join us! We like people who want to be Scottish too. :)

The main aim is to have someone who can physically kick the others' arses but online works too!

I can do that! I usually go for a half hour to an hour walk around the city centre. :)

Woot! Ping me on facebook when there's a non-rainy day this week you fancy some company! :D

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

Haha! Welp, I s'pose I DO need to remove all the bits of animal bone and seashell from my waterproof jacket pockets at some point anyway. And clean it. Yes.

To-Do List

First off I love that we're all in different guilds.  No idea why, but it makes me happy.

Second, I'm in Glasgow basically every weekend so am available for weekend arse kicking there :)  Although fair warning, if you meet me in person I'll be hugely awkward and either not talk or talk absolute crap.

Third, can someone please remind me that in ten days I'll be going on holiday and this too shall pass.  Or something.  My second year thesis committee meeting is next Thursday, my rats are being stress inducing and all I want to do is curl up in bed and eat chocolate.

Please to be prodding me to do my yoga tomorrow.

Fiona - Assassin

So far, I think we're all in Edinburgh. The Glasgow Nerds have been notably quiet on joining the group.

It's kinda awesome how diverse we are now. For a while, all the Scottish Nerds I knew were lifters (which is awesome too). :)

You're going to be fine. Your thesis committee are going to be awed. I'm not going to say not to curl up in bed, though, as that's where I'm heading now-ish.

I'll try to remember to remind you to do yoga!

So far, I think we're all in Edinburgh. The Glasgow Nerds have been notably quiet on joining the group.

It's kinda awesome how diverse we are now. For a while, all the Scottish Nerds I knew were lifters (which is awesome too). :)

You're going to be fine. Your thesis committee are going to be awed. I'm not going to say not to curl up in bed, though, as that's where I'm heading now-ish.

I'll try to remember to remind you to do yoga!

I'll be the token Glasgow Nerd ;)  I'm still a Glaswegian at heart.

Tbh I really want to know how you know Vee! (Not that this is related to the forums in any way)

Bed was good.  I found some oreos I'd hidden :D  Not in the bed, that would be weird.  And unhygienic.  And messy.

I yogad!!

new%20girl%20jess%20dance_zpsqqsy6bqq.gi

Fiona - Assassin

Although fair warning, if you meet me in person I'll be hugely awkward and either not talk or talk absolute crap.

Sounds painfully familiar. :) I'm awkward and socially crap.

Guilty as charged, although I'm somewhere in between - darkest Lanarkshire, so closer to Glasgow than Edinburgh. Definitely got a spiritual connection with Embra, though. My dad was born in the shadow of Tynecastle (although ironically grew up a Hibby) before moving west, and I proposed to my wife on top of Calton Hill. :)

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Woo Scottish Nerds!

I'm currently travelling up to Kenmore for the weekend but just wanted to give a quick wave and I'll check in properly when I'm back!

I'm based in Glasgow as I'm at uni there but I'm originally from Perthshire and have a few friends out edi way.

Buzzed for this challenge :D

Hobbit on a mission level 2

STR: 2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 3

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/71372-smileitsmes-fight-to-be-an-initiate/

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning how to dance in the rain!

Woo, Scottish nerds! I lived in Edinburgh for almost half my life, but had to leave a few years ago (work). Can I still join you guys? My heart is still in Leith, especially when the sun shines on it. ;)

• Like 1

Pumpkin Pi: Level 1 Night Elfling (respawned September 2019)

0 STR | 0 DEX | 0 STA | 0 CON | 0 WIS | 0 CHA

Challenges: Respawn: Current (16 Sep-20 Oct 2019) | Original: 2nd (2 Nov-14 Dec 2015), 1st (14 Sep-25 Oct 2015)

Hi folks

Taking a bow on this challange...had to much going on to really get involved, so will hopefully see you all on the next one...will try and keep logging in to see whats going on here :)

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads