• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgan

Urgan Storms In With Section 9

Such a nice book

Tears inc.

Teh tittel sounud sew familur eye lukked it up on wikki pee dia.

I think I remember now!

You'll laugh...you'll cry...you'll discuss it with your fellow smart tanks at the next book club...

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat book made me sob uncontrollably when I read it in school.

When I think about it some more, we are talking about nearly 25 years ago......

Good ol' junior high, huh?

• Like 1

Sixth grade, I think?

I hope not. For some reason I thought it was senior year high school. Now I am scratching my memory.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I read it in 8th grade, which is junior high in this vicinity.

• Like 1

Aah i will fit right in between these old geezers ;). (junior high 20 years ago ;) ) Already feeling comfortable! And here ofcourse to watch how the lifting unfolds. Shouldn't there be a lifting accountability group for people to keep track of how the (assassin) lifters are doing. And it's not to rule out other guilds, but i don't know if there will be a lot of other guilds who are into lifting, and the Warriors will probably have their own way of cheering each other on...

Anyway

tumblr_nkcj4pLT851ryu5rko7_500.gif

• Like 1

Aah i will fit right in between these old geezers ;). (junior high 20 years ago ;) ) Already feeling comfortable! And here ofcourse to watch how the lifting unfolds. Shouldn't there be a lifting accountability group for people to keep track of how the (assassin) lifters are doing. And it's not to rule out other guilds, but i don't know if there will be a lot of other guilds who are into lifting, and the Warriors will probably have their own way of cheering each other on...

Anyway

tumblr_nkcj4pLT851ryu5rko7_500.gif

Nice to have another fossil on board, lol. Let's do this thing! 

• Like 1

I'm brainstorming on the yoga portion of my challenge, and...here are a few that jump out. Obviously cat, cow, side stretches, and forward fold are staples, but I wanted to have more of a repertoire to regularly practice rather than just randomly doing poses occasionally, ya know? And throw in some more challenging stuff like splits work if I'm feeling up to it. This challenge this time isn't about kicking my butt with yoga, however that's probably what it will turn into lol. 

• Like 1

I had this great idea that I was going to wake up early on non-school days and do yoga before work.

That has only happened once. Those poses you linked look really nice, I might have to try them out!

Yeah, anything beginning with "wake up early" usually ends in "#nope"...I'm so bad. Typically, I'll bust out some stretches immediately post shower, while it's humid and steamy in the bathroom. Ideal environment for it as space allows, IMHO. 

Man, I WISH it were easy to just wake up earlier and do stuff...

There's a yoga practice app that lets you put together routines from poses they have in their library that I hear is pretty good (Yoga Studio, I think?). It has some cost associated with it $2-$4 or something like that, but may be useful.

• Like 1

I'm brainstorming on the yoga portion of my challenge, and...here are a few that jump out. Obviously cat, cow, side stretches, and forward fold are staples, but I wanted to have more of a repertoire to regularly practice rather than just randomly doing poses occasionally, ya know? And throw in some more challenging stuff like splits work if I'm feeling up to it. This challenge this time isn't about kicking my butt with yoga, however that's probably what it will turn into lol. 

Legs up the wall is the best thing ever.  It LOOKS like you're kinda not doing anything but it really relieves a lot of pressure off the back and stretches hammies at the same time.  It's A+++ great.

• Like 1

Legs up the wall is the best thing ever.  It LOOKS like you're kinda not doing anything but it really relieves a lot of pressure off the back and stretches hammies at the same time.  It's A+++ great.

Oh, yeah!  I'm supposed to be doing that!  I can add that to the list of things I can do while watching FF episodes and studying up for Cosplay.

• Like 2

Child's pose is my favorite thing. Corpse pose is my cat's least favorite thing; I always get viciously attacked whenever I try to do corpse pose at home. ;;;;;;;; But I love doing it when I'm not at home, too!

Will need to incorporate this into my normal stretching routine, it sounds like!!

• Like 1

Man, I WISH it were easy to just wake up earlier and do stuff...

There's a yoga practice app that lets you put together routines from poses they have in their library that I hear is pretty good (Yoga Studio, I think?). It has some cost associated with it $2-$4 or something like that, but may be useful.

Investigate apps...going on the To Do List.

Yes. Just...yes.

Oh, yeah!  I'm supposed to be doing that!  I can add that to the list of things I can do while watching FF episodes and studying up for Cosplay.

Do the thing, watch the stuff. 

Child's pose is my favorite thing. Corpse pose is my cat's least favorite thing; I always get viciously attacked whenever I try to do corpse pose at home. ;;;;;;;; But I love doing it when I'm not at home, too!

Will need to incorporate this into my normal stretching routine, it sounds like!!

Aw, viciously attacked? I grab a cat and put her on my stomach...works great while applying pressure with the tennis ball, too.

It is a great stretch, you won't regret it.

My cat LOVES downward dog for some reason...??? It's her cue to trot over and lay down right underneath me on my mat!! -_- And of course any forward fold with dangly arms is PERFECT for pats... sigh, pets!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Aw, viciously attacked? I grab a cat and put her on my stomach...works great while applying pressure with the tennis ball, too.

It is a great stretch, you won't regret it.

Ahahahaha, yeah, claws out and biting basically. I think yoga freaks him out; he never leaves me alone when I'm doing it, and I think corpse pose is his last straw. Or he's so accustomed to my being stressed that the total relaxation that corpse pose allows is too weird and unfamiliar? I don't know. I just know that I can't do corpse without getting claws to the face. ;;;;;; Wish I could use him to help me out with the yoga in that same way you do (because 15-20lb extra pressure plus fuzzies), but owwwwwwwww.... :(

• Like 1

Ahahahaha, yeah, claws out and biting basically. I think yoga freaks him out; he never leaves me alone when I'm doing it, and I think corpse pose is his last straw. Or he's so accustomed to my being stressed that the total relaxation that corpse pose allows is too weird and unfamiliar? I don't know. I just know that I can't do corpse without getting claws to the face. ;;;;;; Wish I could use him to help me out with the yoga in that same way you do (because 15-20lb extra pressure plus fuzzies), but owwwwwwwww.... :(

Daaaaaang. Cats can be so bizarre. When my parents go outside, the cats follow them around as they do yardwork, confused.

Corpse pose?  I will have to look it up.

It sounds like your cat is preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

It's in the yoga poses link I posted, basically lying flat on one's back like you're about to get made into a chalk outline. Corpse pose.

• Like 2