• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgan

Urgan Storms In With Section 9

It's cute but I like breathing.

Stupid allergies.

The quiet and lack of puke is a good bonus, too. ;)

...good thing I don't have allergies, then...

Luckily, my cat only pukes when he's in I THOUGHT YOU WERE NEVER EVER COMING BACK SO I PANICKED mode. Apparently it's how cats show their love..... somehow.... in their tsundere way........

I dunno, seems like if anything upsets them physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually...they barf. A butterfly flaps its wings in Argentina...they barf. If there was a way to stop it that didn't involve strategically placed duct tape, that'd be great.

• Like 1

What is with the expression, "as sick as a dog."

"My cat is as sick as a dog."

I guess there's a presumption that dogs are able to get themselves into sufficient enough trouble to merit an expression honoring this quality they possess.

I guess there's a presumption that dogs are able to get themselves into sufficient enough trouble to merit an expression honoring this quality they possess.

Then Proverbs 26:11.

As a dog returns to its vomit.....

• Like 1

WEEK 1 DAY 2!

tumblr_nsdeyj6dYx1rydwbvo1_500.gif

Kickin' it.

Makoto

Walk:       1.19 mi @ 20:18, 1.84 mi total

Squat:     1x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 65

1x5 @ 80

5x5 @ 119         

OHP:       5x5 @ 51

BP:          NA

Deadlift:  1x5 @ 160

Chins:     3x3

The hit parade: quads, triceps

Downloaded a pedometer app for the Assassin's Mini 1, hence total mileage above. 

Good Lord, never let me go on a two-day break ever again. It may just be some evil combination of that and Shark Week, but wow did this workout murder me. I managed to do it as written in spite of that. And my chins. Not much to report as far as the hit parade goes, tired quads and triceps--mega unsurprising, all things considered. No soreness, per say. 

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,500

Milk Consumed - 2/7 

Junk Consumed - 1/4

Updated specs - Update on Sunday!

Calories are on point, milk stands at 1.5 cups today, and I took a junk food credit for my crispy M&Ms. Mmmmm sugar. I amused that both my first two days netted me 2500~ calories...even with the stricter requirements. Yay resourcefulness.

I made Herbed Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs in a kind of brunchy dinner move. It was...alright? Now the taste was great, really rich and smooth and nice. The problem is I was an absolute fool and subbed in dried lemongrass for one of the herbs I did not have enough of, and....yeah. No. Not a good call. It -tasted- good, at least....

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 0/3 

Moisturize - 4/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 0/2 

Curfew!    - 2/5

Max Energy - 2/5 - 6.5 hrs

I hit the gym today, sure, but foam rolling was not happening #shark week

Lotion, curfew, and max energy are going well. I've been feeling really pretty good, energy-wise--tired at the end, sure, but not to the point of begging to be put out of my misery. I will probably need to file calluses as my hand caught on the metal of the squat rack--no tears or anything, just something I noticed as it was purely caught up on a palm callus.

No cat barf anywhere today. Yay.

Saito

Cat hair - 1/4 - Maggy

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 0//1

Mike and I brushed Maggy and I even helped out the neighbor's Akita, Bruce, a bit. Poor thing is in shedding season and he is hyooge. Much brushing, such hair. 

Tachikomas!

Read something - 2/3

Flowers for Algernon - From meeting Charlie to after he recovered from the operation for testing. (Next report will be under a spoiler--if you haven't read this story, READ IT)

Plan for Wednesday:

Makoto

Walk all the time

Chins

Batou

No junk

Togusa 

PVC/tennis ball roll

Yoga

• Like 1

Oh myyyyy herb cream cheese scrambled eggs.  That looks.......... amazing.

#SHARKWEEK grr argh grr argh.  I'm 100% sure it's responsible for at least 75% of my less than stellar mental state today.

• Like 1

You make me want to reread Flowers for Algernon, except I don't want to cover up signs of ugly sobbing with make-up the next day.

It is a powerful story in a way few are. Everybody should read it at least once.

Oh myyyyy herb cream cheese scrambled eggs.  That looks.......... amazing.

#SHARKWEEK grr argh grr argh.  I'm 100% sure it's responsible for at least 75% of my less than stellar mental state today.

Just make sure your herbs aren't...you know...sticks.

#sharkweeksolidarity We shall survive. 

I made Herbed Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs in a kind of brunchy dinner move. It was...alright? Now the taste was great, really rich and smooth and nice. The problem is I was an absolute fool and subbed in dried lemongrass for one of the herbs I did not have enough of, and....yeah. No. Not a good call. It -tasted- good, at least....

Oh man I also used lemongrass in a recipe recently where I thought it would be good and it ended up being less than stellar. Mine was fresh from the garden though. I think I will stick with using it for tea.

Oh man I also used lemongrass in a recipe recently where I thought it would be good and it ended up being less than stellar. Mine was fresh from the garden though. I think I will stick with using it for tea.

Thing I learned the hard way: lemongrass is for sachets that can be removed from the dish or in stews/things that are cooked darn near forever. I *think* I used it in chicken pho in the pressure cooker once and it was okay? 

• Like 1

WEEK 1 DAY 3!

tumblr_nq565o0sFT1t62fy9o1_500.jpg

Reconstruction: Work in Progress.

Makoto

Walk:      2.6 mi total

Squat:     NA

OHP:       NA

BP:          NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     4x3

The hit parade: nothin'

Just gonna track total miles for this week... Did an extra set of chins just for the lulz. No DOMS, just a tight right shoulder area I've been fighting.

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,350

Milk Consumed - 3/7 

Junk Consumed - 1/4

Not as high as previous two days, but technically closer to the mark. Got my 1.5 cup milk quota out of the way and made calories without the help of junk food. Man is it easier to do with the 300-odd calorie bump of some chocolate. So after last night's failure, of course I go directly to another recipe with no-cook herbs...genius...however, this one, Herbed Tuna and Israeli Couscous, turned out great. It's got a zesty, earthy tuna flavor with the couscous to ground it. It's like the better tuna salad, supposed to be eaten cold, but did we do that? Ha.

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 1/3 

Moisturize - 6/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 3/5*4

Max Energy - 3/5 - 7.75 hrs

No gym, but I did hit the tennis ball and yoga to fight this darn right shoulder problem. I'm not sure if it's the bed or my posture--probably both--but I'm attacking the former first. I did a round of sun salutation and then tried these poses and they helped a bit, but what really helped was a trick helpfully linked by matty to roll a towel up under the edge of the pillow to give your neck proper support made a big difference, and I didn't feel the physical need to cross my arms in front of my chest like a skewhankum mummy the way I normally do, just the pressure of habit. It's pretty promising, as I didn't wake up with a tight shoulder at the start of Day 4. Unfortunately, as I'm typing this, I can feel the screws tightening. Forward shoulder for the lose. 

I think my screwed up sleep from the night before adversely affected my energy or something. Or it's shark week. Or both. I fell asleep sitting up in bed somewhere between 9:30 and 10 and woke up at 10:30. Took me thirty minutes to get back to sleep...*shakes fist* And in the evening I was fighting the sleepies, but damnit I didn't give in.  

*Modified the curfew goal, realizing I won't get 5, seeing as how Sunday wasn't part of the challenge for this week. Duh.

Saito

Cat hair - 1/4 - Maggy

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 0//1

Not this day~

Tachikomas!

Read something - 2/3

Nothin'

Plan for Thursday:

Makoto

Walk

Recovery-phase lifting

Chins

Batou

Junk quota allowed

Togusa 

PVC/tennis ball roll

Saito

NA

Tachikomas

My migraine may prevent this. Reading optional today

• Like 1

I can't believe I fooled so many people with "Today, I hit my glutes with my office chair."

fight this darn right shoulder problem

#darnrightshoulder

Mine is at the front and sometimes I wake up with it screaming.

• Like 1

I can't believe I fooled so many people with "Today, I hit my glutes with my office chair."

I will admit to being a gullible idiot who can't tell the difference between someone being serious or joking if they say it with a straight face. Or text. Or smoke signal. It's pretty funny now that it's been explained in crayon. 

#darnrightshoulder

Mine is at the front and sometimes I wake up with it screaming.

That link matty posted is actually probably going to be a big help. That and forcing myself to not rotate the damn shoulder toward my typing surface. Bah. Yeah! Tight as heck and pissed off before I've even managed to brush my teeth. What a way to start the day. 

• Like 1

That and forcing myself to not rotate the damn shoulder toward my typing surface. Bah. 

This is my big problem too.  My shoulder mobility is bunk anyways (something else to work on), but my right shoulder thanks to it being my dominant hand, and my mouse hand..... Often if I'm not mindful of it I'll get a burning sensation down the inner edge of my right scapula. :(

• Like 1

Extra chins for lulz makes me lol. :D

Because lol I can do 4 sets of 3 and it feels less hard than 1 set of 3 did on the first week I did sets of 3.

This is my big problem too.  My shoulder mobility is bunk anyways (something else to work on), but my right shoulder thanks to it being my dominant hand, and my mouse hand..... Often if I'm not mindful of it I'll get a burning sensation down the inner edge of my right scapula. :(

All of this. Very same here.

• Like 1

WEEK 1 DAY 4!

tumblr_nuuaphOA411uddo14o2_r1_500.gif

Fading in and out...

Makoto

Walk:      1.22 mi total

Squat:     1x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 65

2x5 @ 110

OHP:       NA

BP:          3x5 @ 60

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     3x3

A little recovery session, no big deal here. 

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,342

Milk Consumed - 4/7 

Junk Consumed - 2/4

Today was a junk food-permitted day and predictably, calories are great. We made Potatoes with Soft Eggs and Bacon Vinaigrette tonight and it. was. excellent. 1200 calories per serving if you do it exactly as directed, it became 1052 instead. We modified it slightly, doubling it for a total of 2lbs potatoes (instead of 3), a mix of spinach and arugula for the salad, and feta cheese instead of bleu as Mike dislikes bleu cheese immensely. *shrugs* If you are mega low on calories for the day, this dish will fix all that. 

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 2/3 

Moisturize - 8/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 4/5 - 8 hrs

Today was eye exam day, my prescription changed for the first time in two years and after I got my new contacts the migraine died down a bit--not totally gone, but a lot better. I think my eyes are shocked at the change and it may or may not last into next month. Something to look out for.

I had a few quality minutes with the tennis ball on left and right shoulder--they both felt "off" about equally, which is to say the right was a lot less out-of-whack than normal. That towel trick works, I have reason to believe. Now to stop hunching forward toward the keyboard. * coughs * So if you sleep on your side and have tight shoulders, give it a go. It'll probably help you out. Another pretty good night, super tired >8:30 PM, unsurprisingly, where my migraine grew more intense.  

Saito

Cat hair - 1/4 - Maggy

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 0//1

Nope

Tachikomas!

Read something - 2/3

No time to squeeze it in.

Plan for Friday:

Makoto

Walk

Chins

Batou

Maintain momentum on calories, milk

No junk

Togusa 

Moisturize

Saito

NA

Tachikomas

Optional

• Like 2

Today was eye exam day, my prescription changed for the first time in two years and after I got my new contacts the migraine died down a bit--not totally gone, but a lot better. I think my eyes are shocked at the change and it may or may not last into next month. Something to look out for.

3bb9ddd7-e4f1-4f11-9dd6-5074e94aa06f.jpg

I believe that can be such a relief, "taking the pressure off"

• Like 1