• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Urgan

Urgan Storms In With Section 9

*sidles over idly* That's a nice looking squat PR there. Want to share?

But seriously, nice!!!!!!!!!  PR's are the best.

Thanks, just keep on trucking, you'll get there in no time now that your calories are on the move. Any PR is a good PR and all that.

• Like 1

WEEK 4 DAY 7!

tumblr_nsng96vxIf1tes8zmo1_500.gif

Boom!--insert comparison to mobility work here.

Makoto

Walk:      NA

Squat:    NA

OHP:     NA

BP:         NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:   NA

The hit parade: shoulders/upper back/pecs

A complete rest day for me, just did chores, read a bit, and worked on the secret project some. Look at me and updating for the weekend with only one day at a time...

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,786

Milk Consumed - 7/7 

Junk Consumed - 4/4

Updated specs - 

Week 3                                   Week 4                          

Weight: 111.4 lbs                  Weight: 113.6 lbs (+2.2 lbs)

Waist: 23.8"                           Waist: 23.8"  (NA)

Hips: 32.4"                             Hips: 32.0"  (-.4")

Biceps(L/R): 10.3"/10.3"        Biceps(L/R): 10.3"/10.4" (NA,+.1")

Forearm(L/R): 9.1"/9.1"         Forearm(L/R): 9.1"/9.1" (NA, NA)

Thighs(L/R): 20.5"/20.5"        Thighs(L/R): 20.3"/20.4" (-.2",-.1")

Calves(L/R): 11.9"/11.9"        Calves(L/R): 11.9"/11.9"  (NA, NA)

Ahahahaha...oops? Other than three squares of dark chocolate, I was good... Oh! Look! Numbers I like better! Weight is up, measurements are for the most part down. Recomp ftw. I have NO idea where that weight figure came from, but I am so not questioning it... It's funny, because all the measurements that changed last week mostly stayed the same and thighs--which stayed in place last week--went down. Hmm. Noted. 

Togusa 

Mobility - 7/5

Moisturize - 14/14

Hands       - 1/1  

Curfew!    - 5/5

Max Energy - 5/5 

I covered a lot of ground on mobility. I stuck the tennis ball everywhere--first rib trap, posterior shoulder, all around between scapulas and spine, and even down low into my ribs. Pecs--I did the mobility video again and just jammed the ball against the insertions and held it there for some pressure wave style pain. 

For my hand self-care, I filed some of the rough edges on my fingernails, since they really aren't quite long enough to cut, and filed calluses. They're looking quite good now.

Saito

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 3/3

Junk mail - 1/1

ALL of the junk mail in the house has been shredded. We are junk free now! That's 3+ lbs less paper in the house than we had. Now to keep it up...

Tachikomas!

Read something - 4/3

Chapters 5&6 of Jeremiah: The Prophet Who Wouldn't Quit

Went back into BaSL and looked at the prescription sections for traps, lats, and delts. Very important. Much pain.

• Like 2

I apparently need to get BaSL again....  I did something to my right shoulder.  You know, the one that never hurts? *sigh* I think I slept on it wrong Saturday night.  When I lean my head forward, it feels like a ligament in my neck that runs down my spine pulls on my spine/scapula/shoulder.  Much lacrosse-balling is happening at work this morning.

No junk mail is a great feeling! I need to do a purge, before the table gets overrun.

Also, weight is weird. Now that I'm weighing myself kinda-daily again, I'm noticing how much it fluctuates. Which is a LOT.  I've gotta start taking measurements. MORE DATA!

• Like 1

WEEK 4 DEBRIEF!

tumblr_nukjt3go8n1qg8i80o2_540.png

If I ever got a tattoo, it would be of the neck jacks found in GitS.

Makoto - A

Squat:    145 > 147.5

OHP:       57.5 > 60

BP:          73.5

Deadlift:  182.5 > 185

Chins:    3x4 @ 3 days

Leader of the hit parade: Right shoulder/upper back

Gains and chins, chins and gains. 

Batou - A

Avg Calories (2150-2650) - 2342

Milk Consumed - 7/7 

Junk Consumed - 4/4

Updated specs - check

While my eating has been all over the place this week, you cannot argue with the progress on my measurements...I can't wait to do the comparison of pre-challenge and week 6.  Memo to self: don't eat cereal anymore. Ever. 

Togusa - A+

Mobility - 7/5 

Moisturize - 14/14

Hands       - 1/1  

Curfew!    - 5/5

Max Energy - 5/5

I've been practicing a lot of good mobilization techniques and getting more proficient at rolling the tennis ball all around the affected regions of my shoulders and back. Whether this is more because my mobility is improving or I'm just getting more coordinated, I'm not quite sure. 

Saito - A+

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 3/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Killed all the junk mail. All of it. And organized the papers pertaining to our household ops into the folder where they belong, so bonus!

Tachikomas! - A+

Read something - 4/3

Jeremiah and BaSL helped push me over the top this day! I was skeptical about the little study book, but for a penny it's really pulled through for me.

Wow, look at that. Lots of A+s this time. I have made gains, learned a lot about mobility, rocked diet and body comp, took out all the junk mail hanging around the house, AND read all the things. All I need to do is keep up this effort for two more weeks to finish out strong, because Week 4 is most definitely an...A+

• Like 3

I apparently need to get BaSL again....  I did something to my right shoulder.  You know, the one that never hurts? *sigh* I think I slept on it wrong Saturday night.  When I lean my head forward, it feels like a ligament in my neck that runs down my spine pulls on my spine/scapula/shoulder.  Much lacrosse-balling is happening at work this morning.

No junk mail is a great feeling! I need to do a purge, before the table gets overrun.

Also, weight is weird. Now that I'm weighing myself kinda-daily again, I'm noticing how much it fluctuates. Which is a LOT.  I've gotta start taking measurements. MORE DATA!

OW. That is no fun. I'm dealing with junk from first rib trap to middle ribs, but I think my pecs are loosening up, so I'm doing something right. Do you sleep on your right shoulder? This is probably not a coincidence, as we both have right shoulder trouble. 

A little bit each session, if you can get the envelopes and whatnot out of the way, it's easier to shotgun the names/addresses that way. 

Yeah, I went through a time of weighing daily while I was trying to figure out what gaining/maintenance looked like, and after I found the answers to these questions decided it was more data than was useful since it varies so wildly and can't be pegged down for useful analysis, really. So I weigh twice a week and take measurements weekly, that seems to do the trick.

• Like 1

I used to fall asleep on my back and wake up on my back. That seems to be fine. However, I've noticed that when I get stressed, I'll fall asleep on my back and then wake up on my side, usually hugging a pillow.  Maybe it's a comfort thing? I usually sleep on my left shoulder when I do that, hence the left shoulder problems. So this right shoulder thing is weird. I may just give my massage person a call.  Unfortunately, I really don't have time to see her until.... Friday? And by then I won't be stressed anymore lol

I need a shredder. I'm hesitant to throw out stuff with my name and address on it (especially the pre-approved credit card stuff).

I pretty much stay in a 5 lb range, so it's funny when it goes down a pound and MFP puts a notification for me that I 'Lost 1 pound since my last weigh in!" and people 'like' it.  Then next day, it's gone up 1.2, and it doesn't do anything. [side note: I have in MFP that I am trying to gain weight, so this is so backwards I can't even]

• Like 1

Hm, other than maybe if you do a three-quarters sleeping thing and shortening up your right shoulder while smashing your left into a weird position, I got nothing. Observe Everything.

Yes, you do. Shred all the things.

5lbs is pretty good, especially if you're drinking water like crazy. Water weight is real. Yeah, MFP is biased against weight gain so hardcore. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm having issues at work right now because every time I move my head to look at monitors, then down at drawings, then back to monitors, etc, I'm getting like a sharp pain. Focusing is hard, yo.  Maybe I'll take a massage lunch if she's available.... If not I'm cracking out the ibuprofen.

#MFPproblems #gainzprobz #PLprobs #thestruggleisreal

• Like 1

Oh Lord, workspace problems. You need a clipboard on a stand or something to elevate those drawings, yes? Either way, I highly advise pain pills until you can resolve (hopefully permanently).

• Like 1

Memo to self: don't eat cereal anymore. Ever. 

Wise advice anytime, really.

MFP is biased against weight gain so hardcore. 

Legit.  It's fun making it freak out, though.  I'm not as good at that as Sam Ashen, but there are days.

Awesome week 4!

• Like 1

Wise advice anytime, really.

I knew it when I did it...I really did. It's just a crummy experience overall. My stomach has an uneasy relationship with 1.5 cups of milk as it is, and to add grains to it is just not good. I am toying with the idea of using bread as a delivery vehicle for PB when I am getting really desperate for clean-ish snacking items. I suspect I will be increasing my calories again soon, which is a Problem as I am already pushing it on ideas lately...

Legit.  It's fun making it freak out, though.  I'm not as good at that as Sam Ashen, but there are days.

Awesome week 4!

It really is, badge of honor stuff and all that. Sam is a freakin' beast with MFP and it's always fun to watch what he pulls off.

Yeah! We're gonna crush this challenge.

• Like 1

I occasionally want to request screenshots of his ridiculousness, because it's crazy.  Sam Ashen is a MFP beast.

I often use bread as a delivery vehicle for PB. I've also used rice cakes if rice would be better than bread for your stomach.

• Like 1

I occasionally want to request screenshots of his ridiculousness, because it's crazy.  Sam Ashen is a MFP beast.

I often use bread as a delivery vehicle for PB. I've also used rice cakes if rice would be better than bread for your stomach.

It's actually pretty fun to see how people make their macros...

Hm. Rice is definitely well tolerated...it doesn't look like I'll be needing the boost this week, but I'll give bread a try with rice cake in my back pocket in case things go sideways.

WEEK 5 DAY 1!

tumblr_nw38s3MhVI1r7t4nto3_400.gif

Monday has arrived.

Makoto

Walk:     1.48 mi @ 25:26

OHP:     NA

BP:         NA

Chins:   NA

The hit parade: back

Walked a bit farther than usual on the hopes that 1st ave south was clear of construction...no dice. Still, got a longer walk all the same. 

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,578

Milk Consumed - 1/7 

Junk Consumed - 0/4

Updated specs - Sunday~

I took Beef Ragu and Zoodles, added shallots and diced tomatoes to the mix, making it a little more "hefty"...this is going to be a week of high numbers, I can feel it. 

Togusa 

Mobility - 2/5

Moisturize - 2/14

Hands       - 0/1  

Curfew!    - 1/5

Max Energy - 1/5 - 6.83 hrs

Some pec mobility happened at my desk, it's feeling pretty good compared to when I started my very first mobilization session in that area. Later in the evening, just before bed, I took a tennis ball to my mid-to-upper back, hanging out around where the ribs connect to the spine. Felt AMAZING later. First I did it on the mattress, actually, just to figure out where I was suffering (right mid-back directly on the ridge of muscle beside the spine) and gently prod it a bit (right is markedly bumped out compared to left...). Then I shifted to the floor + yoga mat to bring the pain. And I finished by returning to the mattress but just held the ball in place for several minutes. Definitely helped me get to sleep.

Bookmarking this

video and playlist to give a try later. Pecs are good--not being complacent and never mobilizing again or anything--shoulders and upper back weren't troubling me terribly much today. It was all about the back. So either I'm chasing symptoms, or I've found the problem. Because I've noticed the difference in musculature, this seems pretty in need of help. So...I'll be focusing on this until it's behaving itself.

Edit: Lights-out was 10:18, I've been getting in bed a wee bit earlier than curfew time many days lately. Avg 7 hrs sleep a night, more or less. Score.

Saito

Cat hair - 0/4 

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 1/1

No junk mail to worry about, no new mail came in.

Tachikomas!

Read something - 1/3

Chapters 7-10 of Jeremiah: The Prophet Who Wouldn't Quit

• Like 1

SCORE on the sleep front, definitely. Nice mobilization troubleshooting as well.

Slowly but surely eliminating body parts. Eventually I will run out of body parts. 

WEEK 5 DAY 2!

tumblr_ns7j30ncTk1srtb66o1_1280.png

Point to where it hurts...

Makoto

Walk:     .86 mi @ 15:26

OHP:      NA

BP:         45 @ 2x5

50 @ 1x5

55 @ 1x3

60 @ 1x2

65 @ 1x1

Chins:   3x4

Leg raises for AM - 50

The hit parade: mid-back

So...today was Migraine Day, as in this is the day when typically I break out in a skull-splitting pain over my right eye. It did not disappoint, let me tell you. It started at 3:30 and at that moment my biggest concern was not loading my back after doing so much vigorous work on it. So I have a headache and these concerns, so I told myself I'll just do bench today and bro it out, ha ha. By the time I finished my work sets, got home, and showered, I was within a whisker of throwing up due to the pain. I camped the couch for 1.5-2 hours with my eyes closed, drowsing in and out of sleep. I wasn't sure if I would be able to make dinner. By around 8, the pain had subsided and I could function again...so of course I make dinner, do leg raises, chins, and more mobility work because of course I did. 

The significance of this is I feel I shouldn't have had this event were hormones (alone) driving the pain train. So...yeah. I don't know if it needs more than one month to get straightened out, I'm going to continue the protocol my doc put in place just to be thorough and begin looking elsewhere for an answer. That elsewhere being Whole30, since the next front to eliminate is dietary factors. I'm not ruling out stress as being a confounding variable that can't really be controlled for unless I quit my job and we take to subsistence living in a cabin out in the woods, lol.  Maybe a bunker.

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,342

Milk Consumed - 2/7 

Junk Consumed - 1/4

Updated specs - Sunday~

This number wasn't as high as I figured it'd be because for some reason I had the recipe doled out as 4 portions when it should be 6...oh well. Almost didn't even make it so just managing to do so was a victory today. Added chopped chicken and chose chicken and herb tortellini because #protein

Togusa 

Mobility - 4/5

Moisturize - 4/14

Hands       - 0/1  

Curfew!    - 2/5

Max Energy - 2/5 - 6.8 hrs

Oh heck yes did I mobilize today. Slight pec work at the office, major mid-back and lat work done via soup can, vitamin bottles (as in, more than one was used...), and my eos lip balm stood in for a tennis ball admirably. It was all about rolling around upper to mid back and camping on first the right erector spinae--I believe that's the proper name of ridge of muscle parallel to the spine--branching out into lats. Yup, I'm tight everywhere. Stop the presses. 

In the evening, I took a page from the ball and your back and elevated my legs to assist with the application of pressure on my back. It was all about the back in the evening--all over, from upper traps to lumbar, left and right lats.  

Edit: forgot to mention I leaned my glutes into the tennis ball as well. Bonus points for actually doing right AND left on all mobility work this time...

Saito

Cat hair - 0/4 

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Nothing today

Tachikomas!

Read something - 1/3

Nope...migraine.

I'm such a wimp, if i would feel like you described, i would stay in bed all day long! Seriously, i don't know what a headache, except for the very rare moment where i had too much to drink.

Hope you figure out what's triggering it, and find a way around it! Major credits for keeping focused on your quests like you did!

• Like 2

I'm such a wimp, if i would feel like you described, i would stay in bed all day long! Seriously, i don't know what a headache, except for the very rare moment where i had too much to drink.

Hope you figure out what's triggering it, and find a way around it! Major credits for keeping focused on your quests like you did!

I say the same thing about giving myself shots, lol. It's amazing what we can grow to put up with. It's been three years and I'm just now getting fed up with it. Some might say I'm a little slow. I can give you a very accurate mental image of the nature of the beast: imagine sprinting as fast as you can into a door that has a nail sticking out of it. The nail lands right through your right eyebrow ridge and goes to the back of your head--just front and back, no pain in the "middle" if you can envision this.   

Thanks, I appreciate it. Whatever it is, it's as reliable as Old Faithful and returns monthly on Tuesday. I am so hardcore disappoint that it is not necessarily hormones. Perhaps it is something that can be used to eliminate migraines entirely and not just reduce them. 

Ugghhh migraines.  I haven't had one in a year or two (thx deep tissue massage) but ohmygosh.  Would not wish them on anyone.

Mine was obviously stress/muscular related, but I used to work with a woman that had tried literally everything and nothing helped... she would get one every two weeks and her best bet was just to catch it early, pop a ton of meds, and hightail it out of work in time to get home safely and burrow into a dark corner.  The absolute worst. :(

• Like 1

Ugghhh migraines.  I haven't had one in a year or two (thx deep tissue massage) but ohmygosh.  Would not wish them on anyone.

Mine was obviously stress/muscular related, but I used to work with a woman that had tried literally everything and nothing helped... she would get one every two weeks and her best bet was just to catch it early, pop a ton of meds, and hightail it out of work in time to get home safely and burrow into a dark corner.  The absolute worst. :(

The very base of my skull may be tight enough to warrant its own self-care session, I won't lie. This has not been eliminated, but given the cyclical nature it was not high on the probability list. 

That other woman you're describing...that was me working in tech support. Every two weeks, 3 days straight, no OTC pain pill in the world could help it, and only the sweet, sweet release of darkness could bring relief. At least I'm sometimes seeing only single days of the stabby stabby. This implies stress IS a factor in strength/duration, yes? 

• Like 1