Urgan Storms In With Section 9

Urgan

Today was eye exam day, my prescription changed for the first time in two years and after I got my new contacts the migraine died down a bit--not totally gone, but a lot better. I think my eyes are shocked at the change and it may or may not last into next month. Something to look out for.

3bb9ddd7-e4f1-4f11-9dd6-5074e94aa06f.jpg

I believe that can be such a relief, "taking the pressure off"

Oooh, nice. That prescription change will probably make a huge difference! 

I hope so. I'm skeptical it'll be more than temporary, but even a reduction in pain to the point where I don't get nauseated if I'm forced to push myself (say, by not taking off work due to having few remaining days to take off...) would be great. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

WEEK 1 DAY 5!

tumblr_nqw87zFwtS1qj5jqso1_540.gif

Weekend is here~

Makoto

Walk:      2.71 mi total

Squat:     NA

OHP:       NA

BP:          NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     3x3

The hit parade: nothin'

All the walking, all the chins...

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,318

Milk Consumed - 5/7 

Junk Consumed - 2/4

Updated specs - Update on Sunday!

Completely boring food day! 

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 2/3 

Moisturize - 10/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 5/5 - 7 hrs

Still got a bit of a headache going on in the same location as the migraine, but not migraine caliber pain. So...I guess I'll take it.

I had a few quality minutes with the tennis ball on left and right shoulder--they both felt "off" about equally, which is to say the right was a lot less out-of-whack than normal. That towel trick works, I have reason to believe. Now to stop hunching forward toward the keyboard. * coughs * So if you sleep on your side and have tight shoulders, give it a go. It'll probably help you out. Another pretty good night, super tired >8:30 PM, unsurprisingly, where my migraine grew more intense.  

Saito

Cat hair - 1/4 - Maggy

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 0//1

Got nothin'. The weekend will be a cat bonanza. 

Tachikomas!

Read something - 2/3

Nope.

Plan for Saturday:

Makoto

Walk

Intensity Day!

Chins

Batou

Maintain momentum on calories, milk

Junk permitted!

Togusa 

Moisturize

Foam roll

Hand care

Saito

Brush the other 3 cats

Clip claws

Tachikomas

Would probably be a good idea if I read something...

tumblr_nqw87zFwtS1qj5jqso3_540.gif

...and it means business.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

WEEK 1 DAYS 6+7!

tumblr_nuw2c09Cn91tes8zmo1_500.gif

Weekend edition 1. Special delivery.

Makoto

Walk:      3.12 mi total

Squat:     1x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 95

1x5 @ 142.5--PR+2.5!!

OHP:       1x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 57.5--!!

2x1 @ 60

Deadlift:  1x5 @ 180--!!

2x1 @ 185

Chins:     3x3, 3x3

The hit parade: quads/hamstrings

First intensity day for squats, and it was a doozy. I felt scared on the very last rep, but I just barely made it. Look guys, I finally got my 5 reps of 180! Sure I paused a bit, but only a few seconds. No belt-fussing or additional chalk needed. Got a volume PR on 57.5, so my 5RM for OHP goes up by .5lb. 

Oh and chins happened, too. Next session is the first set of 4...scary.

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,3352,523

Milk Consumed - 7/7 

Junk Consumed - 4/4

Updated specs 

Starting Stats                          

Weight: 111.2 lbs                  Weight: 111.8lbs (+.6lbs)

Waist: 24.0"                           Waist: 24.0" (NA)

Hips: 33.0"                             Hips: 32.7" (-.3")

Biceps(L/R): 10.25"/10.25"    Biceps(L/R): 10.5"/10.25" (+.25"/NA)

Forearm(L/R): 9.25"/9.0"       Forearm(L/R): 9.25"/9.25" (NA, +.25")

Thighs(L/R): 20.5"/20.13"      Thighs(L/R): 20.3"/20.8" (-.2"/+.67")

Calves(L/R): 12.125"/12.0"   Calves(L/R): 11.9"/11.8" (-.23"/-.2")

And the final days of Week 1 have some strong numbers, complete with updated specs. Both sets were taken after coffee, but my end-Week 1 numbers were taken after a meal because I forgot to do the measurements first...Fail. I think most of these changes are due to a change in how I handle taking the measurements, but it should be consistent from now on. So, to analyze these, FWIW: my weight went up just a bit, but we're still well in bounds of where I want to be. Opposite parts tended to go up or down relative to the other, weirdly. Go figure. I hope for more consistency in Week 2, but oh well. 

Thought I'd go 3/4 on Junk Food, but I just couldn't do it. Ah well, didn't go over, so la~ Calories for Sunday are still an estimate and subject to edit as necessary.

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 3/3 

Moisturize - 14/14

Hands       - 1/1 

Stretches  - 2/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 5/5 

I PVC and foam rolled a great deal, with particular focus on the rear-left side of my left thigh--not sure if it's more quad or hamstring, perhaps more hamstrings, not sure. It was okay until I rolled it, in which case it gave up the secret of being tight/knotty and I felt loads better thereafter. 

My nails are trimmed, filed, and freshly painted--hands and feet. Gonna file the calluses, too, they're a smidge rough. I got my other yoga session in--did sun salutations and noticed my lower back felt weird, so I curled up and rolled back and forth a bit, did cat/cow, alternating superman, and tiger.

Saito

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 3/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Cats are all clipped, groomed, and accounted for, lol. Junk mail has been shredded--the shredder is nearly full and I pretty nearly filled up the nearby trashcan, probably a third of the junk has now been dealt with. I'm well on my way to get rid of it all for good! 

Tachikomas!

Read something - 3/3

Read half of my outline and did some editing. By all rights, I should be committing to at least one session a week in the outline....

• Like 1

Wow killer first week!!!

Try to keep it up!

OMOKbji.gif

tumblr_ntvm3bAKG31s1qldeo1_500.jpg

Epic high-five incoming...

• Like 1

WEEK 1 DEBRIEF!

Makoto - A+

Squat:    140 > 142.5

OHP:       57 > 57.5

Deadlift:  177.5 > 180

Chins:     3x3 @ 6 days, 4x3 @ 1 day

Leader of the hit parade: My right shoulder

I got my chins in, took a hard hit from a two-day lifting break pre-challenge, yet scored on my first squat intensity day with some shiny (volume) PRs. I will never let two days go by without hitting the gym again. 

Batou - A

Avg Calories (2150-2650) - 2410

Milk Consumed - 7/7 

Junk Consumed - 4/4

Updated specs - check

Right on target over the week, yes! This was my first week to not let myself eat chocolate/junk every day. That meant no chocolate, no candy, no graham crackers, no cereal more than four times a week. Whew. With less milk, my bloating is down and consequently so are OTHER digestive upsets, and yet I'm making calories. W00T^2. I had a bit of a hiccup on my cooking with a terrible ingredient choice, but otherwise making my own meals has been indispensable in making my macro target. 

Togusa - A

Foam Roll - 3/3 

Moisturize - 14/14

Hands       - 1/1 

Stretches  - 2/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 5/5 

That tennis ball is the awesome. It, along with a different bed and some yoga,helped me tackle my shoulder problem and it's feeling better. Not completely there, but better. My hands are in great shape and look like I actually care about them. My curfew has helped my energy levels and at my very lowest, not even Shark Week could stop me. 

Saito - A

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 3/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Done and done. Junk mail is 60% what it once was.

Tachikomas! - A

Read something - 3/3

Oh yeah, I like to read...and write, that too. 

A solid Week 1, if I do say so myself. I'm in the groove and feeling able to tackle these goals for most of the challenge (see below). I'm loving my energy levels and the stabilizing of my measurements. Here's to 5 1/2 more weeks of craziness! For this week's performance, I rank myself at an...A!

Week 2 Mission Briefing...

So, I'm not going to CNF, but I AM going to the con Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA) this coming weekend. And by "weekend" I mean Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. This...will cause issues for my Week 2, seeing as how all the basic chore requirements that aren't even being graded have to be compressed into 3.5 days. I did not figure this would be that significant an issue when viewed from a distance, but now I realize it will require some significant flexibility. So, without further ado, I will go over what I think I can accomplish as of the start of the week--however, I won't ding myself for things I honestly cannot do (like chins for every single day, as I will be lacking a chin-up bar at least one day), but if i just wuss out #becauseAWA then that cannot be excused. 

Makoto

Lifting - I should be able to get at least 2 days of lifting in, 3 depending on how I end up feeling after tromping around the con floor for 3+ hours

Chins - 1x4 @ 5-6 days

Batou

Calories - I'm going to play loose here with a "do the best you can" mantra for Thursday - Sunday, Monday - Wednesday are on regular schedule. I just am not sure how well I'll be able to dictate my eating with three other people in the mix and eating out all the time. Bah.

Milk - As scheduled

Junk Consumed - As scheduled

Updated specs - As scheduled

Togusa - A

Foam Roll - As scheduled

Moisturize - As scheduled

Hands       - BYE

Stretches  - As scheduled

Curfew!    - Monday - Thursday morning

Max Energy - Monday - Thursday morning 

Saito - A

Cat hair - As scheduled

Cat claws - As scheduled

Junk mail - BYE

Tachikomas! - A

Read something - As scheduled

I'm going to try to ace Saito, but it may be a casualty of Life. I don't think this is too strict, given what I have to work with. We shall see.

• Like 4

YAY AWA!!!  Are you costuming at all? ^__________^

You seriously murdered Week 1.  Like, crushed it so bad it'd need forensic tests for positive identification.  Dang.

My tennis ball for my shoulder is invaluable and I now carry one tied up in a sock in my work bag.  (The sock has turtles on it.)  I hope no one ever finds it because it looks REALLY WEIRD and would likely cause a lot of questions.

Also, I wanted to tell you thanks to my constant practice with the assisted chin up machine I can now do TWO standing chins instead of one.  Progress....!!

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

YAY AWA!!!  Are you costuming at all? ^__________^

You seriously murdered Week 1.  Like, crushed it so bad it'd need forensic tests for positive identification.  Dang.

My tennis ball for my shoulder is invaluable and I now carry one tied up in a sock in my work bag.  (The sock has turtles on it.)  I hope no one ever finds it because it looks REALLY WEIRD and would likely cause a lot of questions.

Also, I wanted to tell you thanks to my constant practice with the assisted chin up machine I can now do TWO standing chins instead of one.  Progress....!!

We thought about it, but sadly, Life is a thing and it happened.

I hope I can say I pounded Week 2, but it's gonna be tough, no lie.

Tennis ball is awesome. I had tight feet (seriously, the undersides of my feet were sooooo tense), so I rolled that ball under both soles while watching a let's play of Resident Evil HD and yes.

Yay progress! You can do it! Don't give up, you will do all the chins and have all the winning.

• Like 1

Oooh, you are gonna be busy this week. I have faith you will plan around it accordingly though because you are a baller that eats challenges for breakfast and absorbs all their gains.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Oooh, you are gonna be busy this week. I have faith you will plan around it accordingly though because you are a baller that eats challenges for breakfast and absorbs all their gains.

DO ALL THE THINGS ALL THE TIME, SET UP RUG UNDER SEVERAL HUNDRED POUNDS OF FURNITURE, MOP FLOOR, PACK, VACUUM, GET GROCERIES, afkdjfdjf;d *foams at mouth* *passes out*

• Like 2

original.gif

Whispering in most romantic voice:"And don't forget your 6-week-challenge-quests" :tongue:

tumblr_inline_n3j41xkld81qcxesa.gif

tumblr_inline_nr5hygn32W1r20f4i_540.gif

• Like 2

Week 1 was awesome!!! WOOO!!! Look at all those shiny PRs!

And the con sounds equally awesome!!! Even if it reduces the "life" stuff that needs to happen, I say it's well worth it :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

You got this! You can do it!

Week 1 was awesome!!! WOOO!!! Look at all those shiny PRs!

And the con sounds equally awesome!!! Even if it reduces the "life" stuff that needs to happen, I say it's well worth it :)

Thanks! Yeah, I wouldn't miss AWA for the world, it's just been getting bigger and bigger every year. Super fun. Anybody who happens to be in the area at the time (ironically, lots of people will be NEXT week, lol...) should totally check it out.

WEEK 2 DAY 1!

tumblr_nv1eryP6F71qdqwrro1_500.gif

Hello, Week 2.

Makoto

Walk:      .85~ mi

Squat:     NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     2x4

The hit parade: right shoulder

Forgot to track my walk, but I took an abbreviated one due to possible rain. Work was productive, but calm enough. Once home I cranked out two sets of four chin-ups, because I really need to do more than the minimum. Especially this week. It's the first week I won't be able to do all of the sessions, at least it's happening on the 1 set cycle...

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,263

Milk Consumed - 1/7 

Junk Consumed - 0/4

Updated specs - Sunday (hopefully)

Calories weren't as good as I would have liked, but they're well within bounds, so it's okay. Just gotta do better this week...if possible. Permitting chocolate makes hitting my target so much easier... At any rate, lunch was lasagna bowl, this time made with soba noodles instead of just whole wheat. Tasted great, and I feel better about it. For dinner, I made Chicken Soboro Donburi, which was fun. I like making Japanese food, particularly if it is amenable to being made pretty, which...is most of it if you don't suck at cooking, lol. Every now and again you get sick of making "It looks terrible, but trust me it tastes good" food, you know? And who doesn't like soy-drowned ground chicken, scrambled eggs, green beans, and rice? 

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 1/3 

Moisturize - 2/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 1/4

Max Energy - 1/4 - 6.5 hrs

I got in a little yoga session--did sun salutations, cat, cow, the chest-opening stretch, and took my arms through full ROM--overhead, across the chest, and windmill (just for fun).  After my chins and yoga mini-session, I took the tennis ball to the wall, rolled out my shoulders, and felt like a whole new person. Sleep was on point, quite energetic, as mornings go, while getting ready for work. It served me well in the afternoon while I was trying to get things under control. In addition to all this craziness, Mike vacuumed and I mopped, which we never do on weekdays because #lazy, lol. The kitchen floor was a disaster and really needed the assist. 

Saito

Cat hair - 2/4 - Maggy, DaVinci

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Maggy had gone the longest without a good brushing, so she was the natural first choice for today's session. No claw clipping, because they were just done on Sunday, lol. I worked on junk mail as well, today, and intended to shred stuff, but my back protested big time to hunching over, threatening to undo the work I'd done with the tennis ball, so I contented myself with removing staples, tearing out addresses, blacking out an address on a package too cumbersome to shred, and putting all "loose" mail not in an envelope on top of the stack, so the next time I get to shredding I can just shotgun half of the stack. Not too bad, I'd say. 

Tachikomas!

Read something - 2/3

I read Chapter 4 of Justinian's Flea--the Nika revolt and rebuilding the Hagia Sophia, burned down in said revolt--and hit my outline, where reading, editing, and writing of new material occurred. I even managed to close an incomplete plot point, which is awesome. Note to self: get a count of incompletes and post it. It would be motivating to update the counter as I knock sections out. Just a thought.

• Like 2

Busy day! You are definitely getting it going to make sure there is no wasted time. Nice 2x4 chins. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Well now I want to make pork and eggplant donburi.

Methinks I know my next batch cooking project once I'm through what I made last night...........................

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

For dinner, I made Chicken Soboro Donburi, which was fun. I like making Japanese food, particularly if it is amenable to being made pretty, which...is most of it if you don't suck at cooking, lol. Every now and again you get sick of making "It looks terrible, but trust me it tastes good" food, you know? And who doesn't like soy-drowned ground chicken, scrambled eggs, green beans, and rice? 

Whoa.

I did not know this was a thing at all.

I am making this thing as soon as possible.  NOM!!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Busy day! You are definitely getting it going to make sure there is no wasted time. Nice 2x4 chins. :D

DO ALL THE THINGS, WIN ALL THE POINTS. Or something. Yay!

Well now I want to make pork and eggplant donburi.

Methinks I know my next batch cooking project once I'm through what I made last night...........................

Whoa.

I did not know this was a thing at all.

I am making this thing as soon as possible.  NOM!!

Mmmmmm, donburi. I kind of want to make donburi too. :3

You're all welcome, lol. Donburi come in all shapes and sizes, and they're all wonderful. Now I just have one question for you....

Why didn't I put bacon in it?? Ha! 

• Like 1

WEEK 2 DAY 2!

tumblr_ntznytBmie1sfa0r3o1_500.gif

Movement patterns matter.

Makoto

Walk:      .96 mi @ 16:14

Squat:     2x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 60

1x3 @ 80

1x2 @ 95

1x1 @ 110

5x5 @ 121

BP:          2x5 @ 45

1x5 @ 50

1x3 @ 55

1x2 @ 60

1x1 @ 65

5x5 @ 66

Deadlift:  1x5 @ 162

Chins:     1x4

The hit parade: right shoulder, quads/all muscles around knees)--early morning only

So...come to find out I've not been doing enough warm-up. Hell of a day to pick to fix it, when it's Volume day, lol, but no time like the present, I suppose. Nothing really remarkable about the numbers, they are what they are and I put in the work. However, it hit me like a thunderbolt why my shoulder is out of whack. I've got a bit of a rounded upper back when I'm unracking, so my lock-out position is subpar at best. When did this become a thing? I'm coming to the conclusion that all persistent pains come from garbage squat form. 

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,397

Milk Consumed - 2/7 

Junk Consumed - 1/4

Updated specs - Sunday (hopefully)

Everything is in order here, junk quota taken. Smoked trout and New Potatoes for dinner, beware teeny little fish bones.

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 2/3 

Moisturize - 4/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 2/4

Max Energy - 2/4 - 7.25 hrs

Made my curfew by...falling asleep in bed at 9:30 and waking up at 10:28...dashed to the bathroom and lights were out at 10:38...which resulted in a thirty minute delay in getting back to bed, because #naps Gah. It didn't affect how I felt all that much, although it was a struggle at the end due to headache and whatnot. Flipping from NF forums to data entry is not good for the eyes. 

Edit: I actually did roll a bit after my workout, the foam roller really didn't cut it and I didn't feel much tension anyway, but still decided to roll my left quad and hamstrings with the PVC and yup, tension appeared and was resolved more or less.

Saito

Cat hair - 2/4 - Maggy, DaVinci

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 1/1

None today!

Tachikomas!

Read something - 4/3

Becoming a Supple Leopard came in the mail today! I am excite to tear into this thing.

Worked my outline, read through the rest of it and marked incompletes.

Incompletes = 31! 

Okay, that's quite a bit of work to do. I should concentrate more on fleshing those out and brainstorm for new material on the back burner. Staying vague and definitely will until it (hopefully, maybe...) gets published.

• Like 1