Urgan Storms In With Section 9

Urgan

Walk:      .96 mi @ 16:14

Is that on a treadmill or on the streets on on the highways in the country?

It looks like you are getting quicker.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Is that on a treadmill or on the streets on on the highways in the country?

It looks like you are getting quicker.

I'm poundin' the pavement...and the bricks...and the cracked bomb-hit-it streets... LOL downtown.

You think so? Just kinda feels like plodding along to me, lol. Crossing times also are a factor, I will walk the instant there's enough space that I won't be run over. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I, too, would get some shoulder pain from lbb squats and I think it is largely because the mobility ranges of my shoulders are a bit different, but regardless of that, I found that adding in some bradford presses from my back rack position to my warm-up was really, really helpful. You could just use a pvc pipe or lighter fixed weight bar instead of the full bar if you wanted, but give it a try. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I, too, would get some shoulder pain from lbb squats and I think it is largely because the mobility ranges of my shoulders are a bit different, but regardless of that, I found that adding in some bradford presses from my back rack position to my warm-up was really, really helpful. You could just use a pvc pipe or lighter fixed weight bar instead of the full bar if you wanted, but give it a try. 

...interesting. It might help me work out the kinks, sure enough. That and not slouching 85% of my waking life would also help...working on that. Throw reading BaSL into the mix and hopefully this solves the issue. Thanks!

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Reading supple leopard helps if you actually implement the things. I will have to admit I fail on that part.  I read it, thought "that's a great idea!".... and never actually did it. And then I had to return it to the library, so I don't remember lol.  Maybe I will have to buy a copy and tab pages.

Those Bradford presses look super helpful.  I may try those.  Urgan, if bad squat form is causing your shoulder problems.... you are making me think it might be causing mine too. I need to get that form video up asap! 

Good luck with fixing it! I hope it solves your issues :D

• Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Reading supple leopard helps if you actually implement the things. I will have to admit I fail on that part.  I read it, thought "that's a great idea!".... and never actually did it. And then I had to return it to the library, so I don't remember lol.  Maybe I will have to buy a copy and tab pages.

Those Bradford presses look super helpful.  I may try those.  Urgan, if bad squat form is causing your shoulder problems.... you are making me think it might be causing mine too. I need to get that form video up asap! 

Good luck with fixing it! I hope it solves your issues :D

Next challenge get? oooooh yes.

I suspect it is so, the chin-ups could be piling up on me as well, but I will be reporting closely, as shoulder issues suck and may we banish them forever.

Ooh.  My shoulder mobility needs this.  I'm totally trying this tonight with a PVC pipe to see how I do!!

...interesting. It might help me work out the kinks, sure enough. That and not slouching 85% of my waking life would also help...working on that. Throw reading BaSL into the mix and hopefully this solves the issue. Thanks!

DESK CHAIR SLOUCH.  It is the worst.  I try so hard to be mindful but when I'm swamped and doing 100 things it suffers................

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Ooh.  My shoulder mobility needs this.  I'm totally trying this tonight with a PVC pipe to see how I do!!

DESK CHAIR SLOUCH.  It is the worst.  I try so hard to be mindful but when I'm swamped and doing 100 things it suffers................

I um, might have just done some bradford presses with my ruler while sitting at my desk.... my desk posture is better. (I think it mostly made me more mindful, but I mean, whatever helps)

We will all work on our shoulders/backs and figure this thing out.

• Like 2

WEEK 2 DAY 3!

tumblr_nqeqxj8yxO1tes8zmo1_500.gif

Well ain't that a kick in the head?

Makoto

Walk:      1.35 mi - forgot to turn off my tracker, so the timer is useless

Squat:     NA

OHP:       NA

BP:         NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:     1x4

The hit parade: right shoulder, inner hamstrings, delts

AM 2 - 30 pushups

DOMS. All of them. Mostly in my shoulders, but a little in my thighs. Made the pushups extra fun. Got the alternator on my car replaced the day before we go to AWA...timing what. It wasn't going to make the drive or anything, it's just I kinda could have used that $260 for something else right about now... Sigh. 

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,163

Milk Consumed - 3/7 

Junk Consumed - 1/4

Updated specs - Sunday (hopefully)

This is a number so marginally acceptable you'd normally try to sneak it in the back door and hope nobody notices. And I worked hard just to get this far. I even had to buy grilled chicken nuggets, it was that bad. And by the time I got home from spending large sums of money on car repair, I was just not going to cook and try to prep for the trip, so Mike made a run to Arby's. Bacon and brisket, nom. Tomorrow's numbers are probably gonna be hilarious...

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 2/3 

Moisturize - 6/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 3/4

Max Energy - 3/4 - 6.75 hrs

Saito

Cat hair - 4/4 - Harley, Olive

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Kitty cat brushies completed.

Tachikomas!

Read something - 4/3

Read more BaSL...

Got the alternator on my car replaced the day before we go to AWA...timing what. It wasn't going to make the drive or anything, it's just I kinda could have used that $260 for something else right about now... Sigh. 

That's something I miss about the South.  Car repairs seemed to cost less and it felt like they had more respect for your money.  I think where I am, it is going to be just a little bit less than what they perceive the threshold to be where I squawk.  So if they think that threshold is 1000, then they will come in with 850 to 900.

Every so often I see a repair come in for my house there and try to imagine how much that bill would be here.  I also imagine the property manager gets a better deal than an individual homeowner would because he represents a lot of business.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

That's something I miss about the South.  Car repairs seemed to cost less and it felt like they had more respect for your money.  I think where I am, it is going to be just a little bit less than what they perceive the threshold to be where I squawk.  So if they think that threshold is 1000, then they will come in with 850 to 900.

Every so often I see a repair come in for my house there and try to imagine how much that bill would be here.  I also imagine the property manager gets a better deal than an individual homeowner would because he represents a lot of business.

Also, I'm the daughter-in-law of one of the employees there, so family discount ftw--getting the alternator at cost was a Godsend, given what it retails for (starts at $500, I believe...). It's definitely not as bad as it could have been. I'm just whining 'cause we were hoping it was anything but the alternator. Murphy's Law in motion. I try to remember to be grateful I have a car that's 8 years old and hasn't had anything more serious than this go wrong with it. 

Agreed. Never underestimate the power of business connections. People who give a company a lot of business are more likely to get leeway than Joe Smith who's just a regular consumer and if said people happen to represent you, you stand to get a bit of a break.  

• Like 1

Ugh car repair.  HATE. I needed work done last month and you're right, kinda could have used that extra cash for other stuff... siiiigh.

Connections definitely do help, I've been with my mechanic for about 8 years now, she always gives me an honest estimate and doesn't upsell me anything, and throws in some freebies now and again too.

Are you leaving tomorrow?? :)  Yay AWA weekend!

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

Ugh car repair.  HATE. I needed work done last month and you're right, kinda could have used that extra cash for other stuff... siiiigh.

Connections definitely do help, I've been with my mechanic for about 8 years now, she always gives me an honest estimate and doesn't upsell me anything, and throws in some freebies now and again too.

Are you leaving tomorrow?? :)  Yay AWA weekend!

The worst part was it set me up to be smack in the middle of rush hour traffic on a soon-to-be-8 lane monstrosity known cutely as a highway. 

Yes! Loyalty pays.

Today! We leave today! It's going to be sooooo much fun~

Ugh, car repairs.  I know I need some soon and I'm doing my best ostrich impression right now....

Plz to not let small-ish problems become big ones? But I understand how you feel, "I did not schedule car repair in the budget for this month!"

This must be the time of year for car repair woes. I know I need to get the brakes on my car looked at. It's long overdue. But I don't wanna. I don't want to take that hit to my bank account right now. :( :( :(

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

This must be the time of year for car repair woes. I know I need to get the brakes on my car looked at. It's long overdue. But I don't wanna. I don't want to take that hit to my bank account right now. :( :( :(

If you just need break pads, those aren't terrible. $40 for a pair of reasonable ones, if you've got a reputable mechanic in your contacts. Front brakes are easy to change, labor costs should be pretty low.  Back breaks, as I understand it on newer vehicles (>1980s) are a b-i-itch. 

WEEK 2 DAY 4!

tumblr_ntzm1zVnZ31sfa0r3o2_500.gif

Visibility whut.

Makoto

Walk:      .48 mi @ 5:16

Squat:     2x5 @ 45

1x3 @ 65

1x2 @ 80

1x1 @ 95

2x5 @ 110

OHP:        3x5 @ 47

Deadlift:  

Chins:     1x4, 1x3 - deadhang

The hit parade: nothing

Went to the downtown Y at lunch and got through my workout as quickly as possible, given there were no benches available I didn't rest as much as I normally do. It was kind of strange and I'm not really sure I like doing it at that time, really, but today I had no choice and got to fit it in, so I'm not complaining. We hit the road to AWA and, other than a stretch where we had trouble seeing the lanes due to darkness, rain, and construction, had a pretty uneventful drive.

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 1,924

Milk Consumed - 4/7 

Junk Consumed - 1/4

Updated specs - Sunday (hopefully)

Taco Bell on the road at the world's most understaffed fast food place...seriously, a guy didn't show up to work behind the counter, so there were five groups of people waiting for a half hour to get dinner. Didn't make calories because there was just no way.

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 2/3 

Moisturize - 8/14

Hands       - 0/1 

Stretches  - 1/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 4/4 - 6.75 hrs

Saito

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 0/3

Junk mail - 1/1

None today

Tachikomas!

Read something - 5/3

More BaSL late at night.

WEEK 2 VACATION EDITION!

tumblr_nuz02vHu4h1s2wio8o1_500.jpg

It's a cosplay kind of day.

Makoto

Walk:      An ungodly amount, 1.05 mi @ 19:54

Squat:    NA

OHP:      NA

Deadlift:  NA

Chins:    NA,NA,1x4

The hit parade: right shoulder

So, I decided not to hit the gym on Saturday in deference to enjoying the moment. AWA is like Nerd Christmas Day, only it goes across as many as four days (we spent two there). We got into Atlanta at 9-ish, had dinner, went to bed. Friday and Saturday consisted of haunting the hell out of the dealer's hall, bought a Kurama (fox demon form) figure, an Attack on Titan figure (because BlackTeszca's gifs deserve a physical reminder for when I have a bad day at work...), a t-shirt ("Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, then always be Batman"), a Zoids High-End Master Model kit for Psycho Genosaurer (those things are so fun to put together...), Trigun box set, Monster Rancher box set...that was my haul. Basically, I go almost exclusively to blow large amounts of money. 

This year, we saw so many more cosplayers than in years past. Still as many attendees as ever, if not more. I am a horrible picture-taker. We hit a few panels--The Coin is Mightier than the Sword (the Economic warfare/manipulation in anime), 3-minute anime (basically, short films that are--you guessed it--3 minutes long), Bad Anime Dubbing, and Fruits Basket Family Feud. That last one wasn't really worth it, you really had to see the show to understand it and not all of our group had. It was still worth some laughs for the ones who hadn't seen it, so I guess there's that. Visibility was garbage for Family Feud as well, so the visual comedy was lost on me. Sigh. Being short sucks eggs.

We walked...and walked...and walked. Hours. Of walking. And...I didn't really feel as worn out as last year. ...huh. Go figure. 

Batou

Calories (2150-2650) - 2,423 , 2,484 , 2,184

Milk Consumed - 7/7 

Junk Consumed - 4/4

Updated specs - taken with nothing in my stomach this time...

Week 1                                   Week 2                          

Weight: 111.8 lbs                  Weight: 111.8lbs (NA)

Waist: 24.0"                           Waist: 24.3" (+.3")

Hips: 32.7"                             Hips: 32.5"  (-.2")

Biceps(L/R): 10.5"/10.25"      Biceps(L/R): 10.7"/10.4" (+.2",+.15")

Forearm(L/R): 9.25"/9.25"     Forearm(L/R): 9.25"/9.25" (NA, NA)

Thighs(L/R): 20.3"/20.8"      Thighs(L/R): 20.5"/20.5" (+.2",-.3")

Calves(L/R): 11.9"/11.8"    Calves(L/R): 12.0"/12.0"  (+.1", +.2")

We ate out of food trucks half the time we were at the convention hall--an Asian BBQ beef donburi, shumai, jazzi noodle boats, two smoothies--as well as ate out at Ted's and the Cumberland Mall food court. Pocky was consumed. No regrets whatsoever. 

Hey look, I made it after all...I was so not going to take that last junk credit on Sunday, but I couldn't make calories without it. Note: I did not count the two smoothies I drank as junk. So sue me.

Togusa 

Foam Roll - 3/3 

Moisturize - 12/14

Hands       - 1/1 

Stretches  - 2/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 4/4 

I got in my last foam roll session with the tennis ball on my back. Between that and my yoga session (side bends, forward folds, hip openers, happy baby, corpse pose), my back and shoulder felt a lot better. Almost made my moisturize goal for the week...I filed my calluses but did not clip nails due to painted nails. I didn't have time or desire to remove the polish Sunday night. 

Saito

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 3/3

Junk mail - 1/1

All the cat claws, all the angst. 

Tachikomas!

Read something - 8/3

BaSL and lots of reading/editting of my outline. Winning even on vacation. 

WEEK 2 DEBRIEF!

tumblr_nqy1927Pl81urhzgto1_500.gif

Not a flawless dodge...

Makoto - A+

Squat:    142.5

OHP:       57.5

BP:          73.5

Deadlift:  180

Chins:    1x4 @ 5 days, 1x3 @ deadhang

Leader of the hit parade: My right shoulder, STILL

No progress on lifts due to AWA, which is okay. Made chins every day I had access to a bar, and even did some bonus deadhangs. 

Batou - B

Avg Calories (2150-2650) - 2262

Milk Consumed - 7/7 

Junk Consumed - 4/4

Updated specs - check

Not exactly as good as Week 1, but 6/7 ain't bad. B for Thursday's fail. I took my measurements with an EMPTY stomach...waist still went up, but whatever. Some small fluctuations all over my body, I don't mind my upper arms and calves increasing in size, lol. Week 3 will be interesting...

Togusa - A-

Foam Roll - 3/3 

Moisturize - 12/14

Hands       - 1/1 

Stretches  - 2/2 

Curfew!    - 4/4

Max Energy - 4/4 

All the tennis ball. My shoulder issues are getting a little better, but it's still there. I need to do the Bradford press now that I'm back in familiar territory that, you know, HAS fixed weight barbells. My energy has been great--not perfect, but then I'm not expecting perfect. 

Saito - A

Cat hair - 4/4 

Cat claws - 3/3

Junk mail - 1/1

Lots of junk mail progress! 

Tachikomas! - A+

Read something - 8/3

Blew this one out of the water this week, what with all that sleep I got....

I came into this week assuming I would have more trouble than I did, to be honest. Lack of chin-up bar and some eating flexibility were in order, but I didn't excuse lack of moisturizing and failure to eat on target in spite of travel making eating in a timely fashion more difficult. Stiff shoulders/neck is a thing of the past thanks to a combo of my bed and the pillow mod. Next week, I shall utilize the bradford press and PROPER squat form to try to tackle my shoulder issues. That's priority number 1. For this week's performance, I rank myself at an...A-!

• Like 1

Trigun box set + Pocky = WIN!!! Glad you had a good time!

• Like 1

»  kom starkru

Eh, smoothies can go either way.  No suing required.

I'm glad you weren't as worn out as last year :D  Sounds like you had lots of fun!  So exciting.

That was my logic...it is the ONLY way I am ever eating a banana. Buried under stronger tasting fruit. 

It is just the best. Hugely recommended. 

Trigun box set + Pocky = WIN!!! Glad you had a good time!

I'm scared of the more "exotic" (lol) Pocky flavors, but just looking at the stacks of Japanese snacks is fun in its own right. I resisted melon bread but barely. If I reeeeally wanted it, I could drive across town and get red-bean filled bread, melon bread, etc. ...come to think of it...next weekend I'll be right in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

Glad you had a good time! Sounds awesome :)

That was my logic...it is the ONLY way I am ever eating a banana. Buried under stronger tasting fruit.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

All this talk of Japanese food makes me hungry for it. 

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, and you kicked ass in Week 2 in spite of the crazy, woo!!!!!

And:

Being short sucks eggs.

Story of my life.

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log