QengpuBenal Keeps Going Strong!

QengpuBenal

The last challenge was far more successful than any challenge I have previously tried! With that in mind, I am going to keep the momentum going!

Week Zero!

For Week Zero I will finish my Zombies!5K App. I am currently starting Week 8. That means I have three more runs to do (Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday)! If I finish all three runs, I will earn +2 Constitution Done!

Goal One

Goal One is to continue moving. I am going to transition to the Zombies!Run app. I will run every other day, and I will walk at least 2 miles on the days when I do not run. +2 Strength +1 Stamina 3 Days Complete!

A = 40-42

B = 35-39

C = 30-34

D = 20-29

F = <20

Goal Two

Goal Three is to eat no grains during breakfast and lunch. This will be a tough one since I frequently eat oatmeal. + 2 Wisdom 5 Days Complete!

A = 40-42

B = 35-39

C = 30-34

D = 20-29

F = <20

Goal Three

I will only eat one dessert (or less) a week! + 2 Constitution 5 Days Complete!

Six Weeks = A

Five Weeks = B

Four Weeks = C

Three Weeks = D

Two Weeks or Less = F

Life Goal

This challenge's life goal is to have my house clean at bedtime every night. +3 Charisma  4 Days Complete!

A = 40-42

B = 35-39

C = 30-34

D = 20-29

F = <20

• Like 2

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Awesome! I love Zombies!Run.

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

I also love Zombies, Run! They released a new app i'm not super fond of because now I have to have both apps on my phone to get "legacy" content, but oh well. I do really love all the new settings and options you have now, in particular that you can set them to start a new story as soon as the next one is finished. Not that I didn't enjoy the radio mode, but I want those wrenches!

Level 11 - World's Smallest Norn

Challenges: | Current |11 |10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

I also love Zombies, Run! They released a new app i'm not super fond of because now I have to have both apps on my phone to get "legacy" content, but oh well. I do really love all the new settings and options you have now, in particular that you can set them to start a new story as soon as the next one is finished. Not that I didn't enjoy the radio mode, but I want those wrenches!

Ooh! Looks like I'll have to do somw updating before the start of the next challenge!

In other news...yesterday I knocked out Week 8 Day 1! It's so great to realize that six weeks ago I was pushing myself to run 3 minutes without stopping, and now I can run for a straight 20 minutes and still feel like I could keep going!

• Like 4

Battle Log

Ooh! I haven't poked around too much on the app but I'm glad they give you the option to just start the next story - that was kind of a bummer. 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Ooh! I haven't poked around too much on the app but I'm glad they give you the option to just start the next story - that was kind of a bummer. 

Yeah, you can also now adjust for three different lengths of mission (30, 45 and an hour). The app notes say on Iphones you can also set how long you want the intervals between the story segments, but sadly I have an android and they haven't released that feature yet. :( So yeah, tons of customization options in the new app!

• Like 1

Level 11 - World's Smallest Norn

Challenges: | Current |11 |10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Okay, so, the day before yesterday I knocked out Week 8 Day 2. Today I did the final run. Now, the app says I ran 5K. However, when I map it out on Google it says I ran 6.11K. The last run I did I went a shorter distance than today and the app said it was 5.05K. So, I'm inclined to believe that the app (or the GPS tracking on my phone) is off, and that Google is more accurate. Either way...I ran the whole way! And, it only took me an hour and 5 minutes to do it! Woohoo!

• Like 7

Battle Log

After talking with my wife last night, she pointed out that having four goals was putting too much on my plate. That is something I often do and it seems to be setting myself up for failure. So, I have removed the soda goal for this challenge.

Day 1

Went on a 2 mile walk.

Ate NO dessert/sweets!

The house is clean at bedtime.

Had a grain-free breakfast and a grain-free lunch (despite having to run home for lunch due to a mishap with my daughter forgetting her lunch and needing to take mine instead)!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Day 2 (9/15/15)

Ran 2 miles.

No grains for lunch or breakfast.

No desserts. 

House was clean at bedtime.

Day 3 (9/16/15)

Walked 2 miles.

No grain for breakfast or lunch. (I really need some yummy no-grain breakfast options that don't involve eggs!)

No desserts.

House was clean at bedtime (despite having to stay almost 5 hours late at work tonight)!

Battle Log

For breakfast I like to slice an apple and core it then make little sandwiches with either pb (its what we have for now...) or almond butter or sunbutter.  Tasty little round "sandwiches" of tastiness.  If you are funny about apples possibly browning assuming you do not eat it right away then rub the slices with a bit of lemon.  I also do a drink of pumpkin puree and almond milk.  It is good but not as satisfying.  Having the two together does the job for me. 

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Wow! The last two days have been so crazy at work! I didn't succeed in all of my goals, and this morning I felt like it must have been at least 4 days that I had been failing to run/walk. I almost stayed in bed and said 'screw it, I already failed this challenge...I'll just forget about it and try again with the next one." Instead, I told my self that if I didn't start running again today I would lose all the progress I had made with the last challenge. So, I got up and went for a two mile run!

Then I logged on to update my thread...and realized I had only missed two days! Woohoo! It's amazing how screwing up a little bit feels like it's so much worse than it actually is!

Day 4 (9/17/15)

No workout.

Ate no desserts/sweets.

Had a grain free breakfast and a grain free lunch.

House was clean at bedtime.

Day 5 (9/18/15)

No workout.

Ate no desserts/sweets.

Had a grain free breakfast and a grain free lunch.

House was NOT clean at bedtime.

I need to go clean my house now so that I don't slide into the "it's too messy" zone this evening and make a habit of muffing my life goal! I'm not goin to beat myself up about yesterday, though! I had to go in to work early. Then, I had to stay late for a meeting involving discussions about legal precedents, lawyers, psychiatric experts, and police/security! (Did I mention that I work in a school? So, not a typical discussion!) I got home 3 hours later than usual for a Friday. When I got home, I had to eat and then go do the rest of the shopping for this month. By the time I got back it was bedtime and I was physically and mentally exhausted!

• Like 1

Battle Log

So glad you got out and ran.  Fantastic!  Overall it looks like you are doing pretty darn good.  Hiccups happen.  That definitely does not sound like your typical discussion at a school.  Hope it all settles.

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

I had a nice, relaxing weekend. I spent most of it watching old episodes of Doctor Who and Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

Day 6 (9/19/15)

Ate dessert.

Ran 2 miles.

No grains for breakfast or lunch.

House was clean at bedtime!

Day 7 (9/20/15)

Ate dessert (going to count this as Week 2's dessert and try and move towards no dessert at all...it's too easy to fall off the wagon).

Walked 2 miles.

No grains for breakfast or lunch.

House was clean at bedtime!

Lost 2 lbs this week! Yay, me!

• Like 2

Battle Log

Day 8 (9/21/15)

Ate a dessert (this will end now...there shall be no more desserts consumed during this challenge, at all...apparently I suck at doing dessert in moderation...especially when things get intense at work!)

Ran for 2 miles.

Had a grain-free breakfast and a grain-free lunch.

The house was clean at bedtime.

• Like 2

Battle Log

I'm a sucker for running to the nearest Quick Chek after work to grab something yummy when my work day has been difficult... that's a tough habit to break!

Hey QB. How's life treating ya? I know the challenge can get tough about now, but was hoping to hear how you're doing?

Life threw me a massive curve ball! I apologize for disappearing, but life kind of blew up!

My wife was diagnosed with cancer. She had a melanoma removed from her back. However, there have been other signs that indicate the cancer has most likely spread. Life has been a combination of doctor's appointments, my regular job, and balancing being supportive of my wife and helping the kids deal with all of this! 

Today, we are heading in to Seattle to get a larger section of her back removed, and to have her lymph nodes biopsied.

So, I am out for the remainder of this challenge (all two days of it). I am planning on working over the next week on coming up with a household system that will allow me to deal with stuff like this without sacrificing my challenges in the future!

Battle Log