• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm just an all around big eater and love food.  Japanese food has been such a favorite for so long and being there just cemented how much I enjoyed learning about the country and enjoy the food.  It's a little stranger since I don't have much a cultural tie, but I dunno, just had such a great time there that I wished we had stayed there just a bit longer.  But we'll be back!  That is a promise!  Especially for the Snow Festival again!

Oh man, Hokkaido and the Snow Festival, how I long to go there. I've never been, which is disappointing considering how close we lived to Hokkaido (I grew up in Misawa, which is in the Aomori Prefecture) It is for sure on my bucket list though!!

• Like 1

Oh man, Hokkaido and the Snow Festival, how I long to go there. I've never been, which is disappointing considering how close we lived to Hokkaido (I grew up in Misawa, which is in the Aomori Prefecture) It is for sure on my bucket list though!!

With my company I get a Sabbatical every five years and yes I am already counting down the days.  It'll be a while, but we're going back dammit!  Check it out whenever you get the chance!  It's worth every shimmering moment :)

With my company I get a Sabbatical every five years and yes I am already counting down the days.  It'll be a while, but we're going back dammit!  Check it out whenever you get the chance!  It's worth every shimmering moment :)

Oh man, that would be amazing to have a sabbatical every five years! Would love to have one, I'd totally spend the entire time in Japan. :lol: And yes, I'll definitely get to Hokkaido someday!!!

• Like 1

Future trip together!  Ahh day dream...big ole trip to the Sapporo Snow Festival with a NF crew.  Let's hope this forum keeps up till then :D

YASSSSSSSS. LET US DO THE THING. :D

It's been around for many years..... here's hoping many more!

The detail geek in me says we should pick a year and start planning. :D

• Like 2

It's been around for many years..... here's hoping many more!

The detail geek in me says we should pick a year and start planning. :D

I'm going to Tokyo this winter, and I'm going there again in the summer of 2020, so I propose 2018 for Hokkaido? y/n? When is your sabbatical, Tez??

I'm going to Tokyo this winter, and I'm going there again in the summer of 2020, so I propose 2018 for Hokkaido? y/n? When is your sabbatical, Tez??

lol 2020 since I just started this year.  So it'll be winter 2020 for the whole month of February.  Maybe...you can go...twice? :D  Of course who knows what happens between now and then.

lol 2020 since I just started this year.  So it'll be winter 2020 for the whole month of February.  Maybe...you can go...twice? :D  Of course who knows what happens between now and then.

I can think of worse things than going to Japan twice. My bank account cries at the suggestion though. Well. That's why I start saving now! Or... after I get back from Japan this January... yyyyyeeeeeep ;;;;;;

• Like 1

Interim Mid-Week Thoughts:

• Maintenance Quest! I.......... am so frustrated and confused. I've been eating at a cut this week. And when I did my waist measurement this morning -- it grew?! I don't get it. I just don't. And I've been doing stricter-than-usual calorie counting this week, too, so where in previous weeks I'm more or less pretty lax, this week, I'm careful with my measurements and generally round up when I'm eating something I don't have exact calories for. I don't understand, at all. I'm chalking it up to bloating even if it IS stupid early for it (but my cycle has been wonky and inconsistent lately, so who knows), but if on Sunday I do my measurements and the number is still big, well, I guess I just have to do what I promised myself I'd do as outlined in the quest goals and evaluate and adjust accordingly. Right now, I've been averaging 1,470 calories per day this week. This is 60 calories less than what I did last week. And I'm half an inch bigger than last week around the waist. Is it that I need to eat more? Am I bloating?

I guess I won't panic until Sunday. But this is really, really frustrating. And it's doing unhealthy things to my state of mind, sigh.

• Grab Bag Quest! Can I tell you how excited I am to get this started? The data junkie in me is getting impatient -- I created a couple of spreadsheets to track my progress and do analysis and what not. In the post I saved for tracking things, I'll be posting screencaps of said progress. I might even make graphs.

... someone needs to take Excel away from me, I swear. :lol:

But for those following along in my Battle Log, I did come up with a plan for each day of the week that will take into account a few options and made three general weekly outlines for fitness programming. Those details are here. I'll go into this in more detail in my Day Zero post, but in general, I'm aiming for 2x/week lifting, 1-2x/week bodyweight/circuit training, and jazz class 1x/week and tap class 1x/week. Dance fitness and running and swimming and biking will be squeezed in where I can.

• Other Life Things: Tyro is coming back to NF for this challenge! He'll be hanging with the Druids it sounds like. Hopefully he'll get his challenge post up tonight. :D Also, I'm under consideration for a slight job change, but it's all on me to make the final call at this point, and I have a little over a week to think about it, which now that I have all the information I need, I'm set to make a decision, but I want to talk to a couple of other leaders about it first, which I'll try to track them down over the course of the next week. I'm leaning towards accepting the opportunity as I feel like I have a better chance at success if I do it, it's better job security, and I have a better chance at career growth (see: I have a better chance at success), even if I will miss the satisfaction of pulling together a project in my current job.

So, yes, these are my current thinking thoughts. Mostly, am so much looking forward to this challenge. Maybe tonight I'll get working on graphs because WHY NOT.

And I'll also try not to beat myself too much over the growing waist line despite my eating less than usual. Considering my mood this week, though, would NOT be surprised if it's my cycle doing weird things again and I really am bloating/PMSing half a week early.........

• Like 1

Depending on what you ate the night prior, you might be carrying bloat that's unrelated to lady issues.  Also, your body could very simply be trolling you.  Stick out the week and don't measure in the interim. :love_heart:

• Like 1

Oh man!  Another person I need to stalk follow!  Does he have his thread up with the Druid folk? 

Definitely don't beat yourself up.  Starsapart makes a good point for the reason why your body is being odd.   Enjoy this interim week and look forward to the challenge coming SO SOON!!!

• Like 1

Another thing you might want to consider is the amount of stress you have in your life, how much you are sleeping and how much water you are drinking. All of that usually increases *my* size, so perhaps it's something to look at for yourself? And as the others said already, don't fret just yet :) The challenge hasn't started yet. You have time. Also, isn't this all about betterment? You'll have more room for improvement!

Also, poor Tyro. He'll get pounced on :P

Depending on what you ate the night prior, you might be carrying bloat that's unrelated to lady issues.  Also, your body could very simply be trolling you.  Stick out the week and don't measure in the interim.  :love_heart:

True on both points. My money is more on getting trolled, tbh, because for all the effort I put into loving my body I'm pretty sure it's not mutual. :lol: I'll still measure on Sunday for the purposes of having start of challenge numbers, but I won't put any stock in them. Besides, by Sunday I'll be officially in my pre-Shark Week bloating period anyway!

Oh man!  Another person I need to stalk follow!  Does he have his thread up with the Druid folk? 

Definitely don't beat yourself up.  Starsapart makes a good point for the reason why your body is being odd.   Enjoy this interim week and look forward to the challenge coming SO SOON!!!

Not yet, but when he gets home from work I'll poke at him to get it done. I figured out a theme for his challenge that he's excited about, so hopefully I can convince him to post it up tonight!

Yeah... it's just frustrating to see that when I look at my calories and my macros and while my protein is lower than it should be, I'm not necessarily making it up with carbs, either. It's just a problem of: I'm eating at a cut, so of course my macros will suffer a bit as a result. Reasons why I need to find maintenance, tbh, so that my macros will sort themselves out easier!

Another thing you might want to consider is the amount of stress you have in your life, how much you are sleeping and how much water you are drinking. All of that usually increases *my* size, so perhaps it's something to look at for yourself? And as the others said already, don't fret just yet :) The challenge hasn't started yet. You have time. Also, isn't this all about betterment? You'll have more room for improvement!

Also, poor Tyro. He'll get pounced on :tongue:

I'm not feeling any more stressed than normal, but stress is such a constant in my life that when I'm stressed I barely notice it until I have a meltdown, which I almost did yesterday so... maybe stress! Also maybe the fact that I'm drinking more water than I normally do right now, probably. Normally at work I live off of tea, but this week I've been downing water to the point where I'm almost overhydrating myself ahahahaha because OF COURSE I AM. ;;;;; 

And good point -- this is about betterment, and I am SUPER healthy and SUPER fit and the rest is honestly just vanity. I'm slim enough that it's never my weight that will keep me from being cast in something, unless they need an overweight actress, and in Denver theatre is a LOT better about casting someone based on their weight than, say, NYC or LA. So in the end, I'm doing everything right, so I really need to be less fussed about how I look because in spite of my frustration and extra fluff, I'm still not hating how I look. ^_^

Oh, I think he's aware. :lol: I'll link to his thread here once he gets it up~ XDDDDDD

• Like 2

I'm not feeling any more stressed than normal, but stress is such a constant in my life that when I'm stressed I barely notice it until I have a meltdown, which I almost did yesterday so... maybe stress! Also maybe the fact that I'm drinking more water than I normally do right now, probably. Normally at work I live off of tea, but this week I've been downing water to the point where I'm almost overhydrating myself ahahahaha because OF COURSE I AM. ;;;;; 

This is probably it. Tea is a natural dehydrator, as I understand it, but even without that your water consumption going up is probably to blame. My mom complains of the very same thing and she has very high water consumption, up to 8 cups. I prefer 4-6 cups, myself. If you have eaten something that your body has trouble digesting, that can cause bloating as well. Not likely the case here, but ya never know.

• Like 1

This is probably it. Tea is a natural dehydrator, as I understand it, but even without that your water consumption going up is probably to blame. My mom complains of the very same thing and she has very high water consumption, up to 8 cups. I prefer 4-6 cups, myself. If you have eaten something that your body has trouble digesting, that can cause bloating as well. Not likely the case here, but ya never know.

Yeah, I don't usually drink a lot of water and I still manage to stay pretty well hydrated if urine color is a reliable indication. I won't drink less water as a result of this because while I do have to be careful of overhydration, it's still the Wrong Answer. And, you know, if it IS food that's the problem here, I think I know exactly what to blame here, and it's an easy fix, and THAT I will stop consuming immediately and see what happens. ^_^

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't usually drink a lot of water and I still manage to stay pretty well hydrated if urine color is a reliable indication. I won't drink less water as a result of this because while I do have to be careful of overhydration, it's still the Wrong Answer. And, you know, if it IS food that's the problem here, I think I know exactly what to blame here, and it's an easy fix, and THAT I will stop consuming immediately and see what happens. ^_^

Yeah, no need to be extreme about it one way or another. Yay options, lol.

• Like 1

Time for stalking!!! :D

YAS GOOD XDDD

Just subbed.  The grab-bag quest looks very cool - both in the number of options and in the formatting...

Thanks!! Glad to have you on board! ^_^ I can't take credit for the grab bag -- stillskies started it, I just stole it -- but I'm excited to see if this will keep me from completely burning out this challenge like I'm wont to do every third challenge. ;;; 

• Like 1