tumblr_lr47xiTJwv1qzllnqo1_400.gif

or the Dresden Files Fan Filming projects

tumblr_n5nefqN6Cx1svtgino10_r3_400.gif

tumblr_n5nefqN6Cx1svtgino2_400.gif

tumblr_n8k1c9Ne1M1svtgino1_400.gif

okay back to your regularly scheduled Harry Potter world challenge cup thingie

OMG I AM SO DOING THIS!!! THANK YOU!!!!

• Like 3

*counts on fingers*  How many FF episodes do I have to watch as a refresher?  9?  3 weeks?  3 per week.  It's going on my Quest List!

Better get watching.....

Oooo, I like your idea of watching the relevant media during the challenge! I'm going to have to add that to my challenge, oh no, now I have to watch mean girls again ;(  maybe it will even happen tonight. I admire your spreadsheet! So fancy! #goals

karen-mean-girls-espn.gif

Nothing to see here...

avpm-dumbledore.gif

xGK9N1p.jpg

I'm lost here mostly cause my wizard named Harry is Harry Dresden ... sorry but Zombie T-rex for the wins

Regardless I'm impressed with and in awe of your impressive spreadsheet goodness while trying to figure out how I can fluff up in my own challenge thread.

Aww, thanks!  As always, I still love you despite your lack of HP-love.

Wow. Thats... elaborate. :)

Question:

Going out to eat is a negative for Ravenclaw, but an outing with the wife is a positive for Gryffindor.

So if you go out to eat with your wife, does that count negative for one and positive for the other? 

You are correct!

But ideally, outings can (and should) be something fun... not necessarily sitting in a restaurant.  So I can definitely gain the Gryff bonus without losing points for Ravenclaw.... and I need to save money. :D

If you do this, that means I need to binge watch Attack On Titan.

...Which is not a bad thing at all actually!  All in the spirit of the challenge!!

Sounds like a plan~

I agree. I suddenly want to do a Dresden Files challenge, though I would have a VERY hard time finding GIFs for it.

That's why I only used gifs weekly when I did Eternal Sonata.....................

• Like 4

Aww, thanks!  As always, I still love you despite your lack of HP-love.

I watched all the movies with my mom as she LOVES the series ... I couldn't get past the bumbling nature of Harry 

• Like 1

Better get watching.....

Hair needs to hurry up and grow.....  :(  Only 24 or 25 days to event and I cannot even grab a handful in the back and I am already at 16 days post haircut.

• Like 2

I watched all the movies with my mom as she LOVES the series ... I couldn't get past the bumbling nature of Harry 

Well, he's a confused kid.  I sometimes wanted to cosh him upside the head, but sometimes I found him endearing.  And Hermione is BOSS.

Hair needs to hurry up and grow.....   :(  Only 24 or 25 days to event and I cannot even grab a handful in the back and I am already at 16 days post haircut.

Grow, hair, grow!!!!!

• Like 1

Well, he's a confused kid.  I sometimes wanted to cosh him upside the head, but sometimes I found him endearing.  And Hermione is BOSS.

I always could relate to Hermione the best out of any character in the books, negl. :D And Harry...... I liked him well enough until the 5th book when I wanted to strangle him. I mean, I get it's just him being a teenager and being unable to cope with the ending of the fourth book, but still:

angst-o.gif

• Like 2

Awesome Challenge, can't wait to see how this plays out.

Let's hope it plays out well, hmm? :)

I always could relate to Hermione the best out of any character in the books, negl. :D And Harry...... I liked him well enough until the 5th book when I wanted to strangle him. I mean, I get it's just him being a teenager and being unable to cope with the ending of the fourth book, but still:

angst-o.gif

Oh yeah, book 5 is where I wanted to cosh him upside the head PARTICULARLY.

tumblr_mk0qmjMhXt1rx08n0o1_500.gif

• Like 3

That is one friendly-looking snake. I love it. 

Snakes are awesome.  I wish they were more friendly portrayals of them.  The only other good snake portrayal I can think of is Mama Odie's adorable snake!

pic_detail4d5aa6ba7bfd5.png

• Like 2

Actually, snakes have a pretty good reputation in some cultures, iirc? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_worship

Plus visiting this shrine at the beginning of the Year of the Snake was pretty cool. ^_^ YAY SNAKES!!!!!!!!

Like many other creatures, snakes were worshiped and had a pretty good reputation (or at least a mixed reputation, not completely evil).   In fact, I believe the Feathered Serpent, Quetzalcoatl was in fact the nice one compared to his "I MUST EAT ALL THE HEARTS" brother Tezcatlipoca (whom I'm...uh...a big fan off).

If it wasn't for the whole 'snake tempting Eve' thing, snakes probably would not be always depicted as just evil or demonic in Western media (with Eastern, you have the snake-like Dragons to help keep portrayal a bit more even handed I think).

• Like 2

Snakes are awesome.  I wish they were more friendly portrayals of them.  The only other good snake portrayal I can think of is Mama Odie's adorable snake!

pic_detail4d5aa6ba7bfd5.png

I've felt the same way about wolves. They're always Generic Bad Animal Number 5. Surely we can have a balance between ecosystems and not tolerate them picking off livestock as well.

Like many other creatures, snakes were worshiped and had a pretty good reputation (or at least a mixed reputation, not completely evil).   In fact, I believe the Feathered Serpent, Quetzalcoatl was in fact the nice one compared to his "I MUST EAT ALL THE HEARTS" brother Tezcatlipoca (whom I'm...uh...a big fan off).

If it wasn't for the whole 'snake tempting Eve' thing, snakes probably would not be always depicted as just evil or demonic in Western media (with Eastern, you have the snake-like Dragons to help keep portrayal a bit more even handed I think).

A lot of people have the misapprehension that snakes are all dangerous and that they feel slimy or otherwise gross, I've never heard the fall of man cited as a reason for being repulsed. A lot of them definitely are dangerous and if you can't tell the difference, then staying the bleep away is probably the better part of valor if you're not interested in being informed re: snakes. However, there is no real explanation for the feel thing. Completely false and illogical, especially if you also happen to sport snakeskin fashion accessories, real or imitation. 

• Like 2

Wolves and hyenas (at least in Lion Kings' portrayal) and, though this has changed more and more, cats.  Thank god for Batman or else bats would always be seen as pretty damn evil too.

I bring up the Fall of Man mostly as a attributing influences to snake in media since other animals and symbols have been falsely attributed as evil, though your points about snakes being perceived as slimy/gross definitely doesn't help the poor things.  I had someone mention that to me once and I was like 'Have you even touched a snake?'.  Snakes feel cool!  The scales are smooth and shiny. She said it because she found two snakes in our yard and I called them our snakes.  One is all small and cute too!

When it comes to dangerous critters don't instincts come into play?  Like 'Bright colors = stay away' and 'Ratting/Hissing = stay away'?  Obvious danger signals.  I dunno, I was a big animal buff as a kid so I knew what dangerous generally looked like in snakes and frogs.

Wolves and hyenas (at least in Lion Kings' portrayal) and, though this has changed more and more, cats.  Thank god for Batman or else bats would always be seen as pretty damn evil too.

I bring up the Fall of Man mostly as a attributing influences to snake in media since other animals and symbols have been falsely attributed as evil, though your points about snakes being perceived as slimy/gross definitely doesn't help the poor things.  I had someone mention that to me once and I was like 'Have you even touched a snake?'.  Snakes feel cool!  The scales are smooth and shiny. She said it because she found two snakes in our yard and I called them our snakes.  One is all small and cute too!

When it comes to dangerous critters don't instincts come into play?  Like 'Bright colors = stay away' and 'Ratting/Hissing = stay away'?  Obvious danger signals.  I dunno, I was a big animal buff as a kid so I knew what dangerous generally looked like in snakes and frogs.

Cats still have a bad rap, since if they're not cared for properly they are more feral/independent than those given attention on a level consistent with a dog.  One generation and they can live in the wild, etc...

It never helps when you're more or less the face of evil that helped man get the whole original sin thing going, that is some really bad and undeserved PR, but I feel pretty comfortable saying most people just think them icky. Oh, they've never actually touched a snake. They are literally cool, dry, and smooth. Not icky. Their description more closely resembles fish or any amphibian, TBPH...

Are you implying we all have common sense? That's the most dangerous assumption of all, lol. But you're right, there are clearly warning signs that certain animals just don't want to cuddle. Spiders, snakes, exotic frogs...

• Like 2

Yeah poor cats.  That's just not fair but the feral part is very true.  I know that in some places their are considered nuisances due to killing off bird wildlife.  However, cats are awesome and I love them.  Just wish people in those places just took better care of them.

Snakes just feel really cool and again due to learning about all sorts of animals, I never understood why people would make those assumptions.  Like I would never understand people who won't realize that it's not okay to go up to a hissing bright colored thing (nor teach their the kids same survival techniques).  I tend to have faith in my fellow humans to...you know...not want to die.

• Like 2

Yeah poor cats.  That's just not fair but the feral part is very true.  I know that in some places their are considered nuisances due to killing off bird wildlife.  However, cats are awesome and I love them.  Just wish people in those places just took better care of them.

Sometimes big cats go after family pets, which are also other cats of the domesticated variety...sadness.

Snakes just feel really cool and again due to learning about all sorts of animals, I never understood why people would make those assumptions.  Like I would never understand people who won't realize that it's not okay to go up to a hissing bright colored thing (nor teach their the kids same survival techniques).  I tend to have faith in my fellow humans to...you know...not want to die.

For every naturalist there is at least one tourist sticking his hand in the bars...

• Like 2

hogwarts.jpg

ALL the houses!!!   :D

I've never seen that before and I love it!

Harry Potter + amazing spreadsheet + awesome gifs? 

Tell me more.... I'll be following!

Tell you more, huh?  What shall I tell you~?

I have no idea, so here, gif!  In tune with the side conversation going on...

emma-watson-birthday-april-15-2014-hermi

Let's all just agree that a lot of humans are dumb, and that mythos does impact how people see animals..... because yeah, if you want to touch something slimy, snakes aren't the way to go - they don't feel at all how most people seem to think, but "slimy" = "bad" and.... well, most people aren't particularly afraid of/creeped out by frogs, even though they ARE legit slimy and some types can actually kill you as readily as a snake (while most snakes you see in your garden are 100% harmless).  Similarly, though dogs maul people more frequently than cats do (the stat is like.... 1,000 bites per day in the US alone that require emergency care!), they're "man's best friend," and thus fearing them is considered weird, while people can fear or dislike cats, having only ever met half-feral felines and not realizing that a feline given proper love and attention is every bit as loving and sweet as your family dog...............

Anyway.

Apropos of nothing, this challenge will now also include choreography prep because it seems there is a student showcase in November and I am doing, at the very least, a group number with my fabric class!  YEAH!

tumblr_n432coRBYa1t7i914o3_250.gif

• Like 4

I have no idea, so here, gif!  In tune with the side conversation going on...

emma-watson-birthday-april-15-2014-hermi

Let's all just agree that a lot of humans are dumb, and that mythos does impact how people see animals..... because yeah, if you want to touch something slimy, snakes aren't the way to go - they don't feel at all how most people seem to think, but "slimy" = "bad" and.... well, most people aren't particularly afraid of/creeped out by frogs, even though they ARE legit slimy and some types can actually kill you as readily as a snake (while most snakes you see in your garden are 100% harmless).  Similarly, though dogs maul people more frequently than cats do (the stat is like.... 1,000 bites per day in the US alone that require emergency care!), they're "man's best friend," and thus fearing them is considered weird, while people can fear or dislike cats, having only ever met half-feral felines and not realizing that a feline given proper love and attention is every bit as loving and sweet as your family dog...............

Anyway.

Apropos of nothing, this challenge will now also include choreography prep because it seems there is a student showcase in November and I am doing, at the very least, a group number with my fabric class!  YEAH!

tumblr_n432coRBYa1t7i914o3_250.gif

I guess for me, I'm a little strange in that I am scared of things that are on the whole also harmless but due to other factors, really are not cool to me.  Not like spiders and snakes and dogs and cats (I really like all of them), but hamsters (BITEY LITTLE JERKS), roaches (you see one, you know there are more...like legion) and mosquitos (everyone hates those.  I can't think of anyone who would go #notallmosquitos).  And yup, myth does impact a lot of how cultures see animals and things :D.

YAY!!! CHOREOGRAPHY PREP!!!  That's awesome!  And you're doing a group number?!  Hurray that should be really really cool!

• Like 1

That is one friendly-looking snake. I love it. 

Don't let that fool you!

Is it my imagination - or does Hufflepuff's mascot resemble the honey badger?

Hmm.  Maybe not quite.

• Like 3

I guess for me, I'm a little strange in that I am scared of things that are on the whole also harmless but due to other factors, really are not cool to me.  Not like spiders and snakes and dogs and cats (I really like all of them), but hamsters (BITEY LITTLE JERKS), roaches (you see one, you know there are more...like legion) and mosquitos (everyone hates those.  I can't think of anyone who would go #notallmosquitos).  And yup, myth does impact a lot of how cultures see animals and things :D.

YAY!!! CHOREOGRAPHY PREP!!!  That's awesome!  And you're doing a group number?!  Hurray that should be really really cool!

I'm the same way: LOVE spiders and snakes and what not, but HATEHATEHATE things like. Moths. And butterflies, particularly closeups of butterflies' faces. Just. ew. Gross. But I'm legit terrified of moths and I don't even know why??? Also I hate worms but it's not a fear as much as it's a, "ewwwwwwwww" thing. ;;;;;; 

And in defense of your fear of mosquitos... THEY DO KILL! West Nile, malaria, so definitely makes sense to be afraid of them. ;)

Echoing the YAY CHOREOGRAPHY PREP!! Super exciting! Let us know when the showcase is??

• Like 2

Don't let that fool you!

Is it my imagination - or does Hufflepuff's mascot resemble the honey badger?

Hmm.  Maybe not quite.

You know for such a nice and sweet house, Hufflepuff sure chose a pretty mean ass mascot...Badgers, any badger I have heard of, are not known for being very kind or cuddly.

Maybe we need fanon series, just like they are good but cunning Slytherin, they are curmudgeon Hufflepuffs.

And in defense of your fear of mosquitos... THEY DO KILL! West Nile, malaria, so definitely makes sense to be afraid of them. ;)

*shudders* I freaking hate 'em

• Like 2