QuietRiotGrrrl vs the Army of Darkness

QuietRiotGrrrl

Hello!

12411-army_of_darkness-ash-chainsaw-horr

This, my second challenge, is my first attempt at Rangering.  While a Newb, my goal is badassery.  Starting with the following:

1 - Run 2x per week.  

This was my goal last time and it seemed to work!  So my more specific goal this time is just to run more.  More of the "free-form" period of the Zombies 5K training, and to work through a new training app once that finishes.  Hopefully, that will then lead to the regular Zombies Run app.

A=12 runs

B=11 run

C=9-10 runs

F=8 or less runs

Running is important when you need to escape Deadites in a hurry.

Bruce-Campbell-as-Ash-in-Evil-Dead-2.jpg

2 - Weight training 3x per week.

Last challenge was bodyweight twice per week.   I made that, but I want to become stronger.  I'm going to be open enough that I have a pretty good chance of making this, but if I don't work on it, it won't happen.  So, 3x it is.  Specifically, I need to either bodyweight, barbell or lift at the gym a total of 3x each week.  I'm out of town this weekend but I'm going to head to the gym next week to see about scheduling with a trainer to check form and get started lifting.  I've got a few barbells I can use at home for the Barbell Battalion and I've already got a pretty good set up and mish-mashed bodyweight workouts at home.  

A=17+

B=15-17

C=12-14

F= less then 14 workouts

Gonna need those muscles for fighting.

aa338-header-bruce-campbell-and-fede-alv

3 - Veggies to be 50% of each lunch and dinner I eat, at least 5 days of the week.

Last time I achieved Breakfast of Champions everyday (even though it was a close one with those waffles).  This time I want to make sure I'm eating good things the rest of my day.  I'm leaving it at 5 days of the week because meals are more fluid on weekends.  I'll still be going for the goal, but I don't want to make this thing impossible.  

A=50-60+

B=40-49

C=35-39

F=less than 35 meals

I need to start taking care of myself.  Nobody's going to be feeding me grapes and platters of turkey legs.

Army_Of_Darkness_Ash_Eating_3_24_13.jpg

Life Quest - Meditate 3x per week

Work, school, fitness, family, friends, knitting, zombies, deadites.  There's just a lot going on in the world.  This goal is to help me relax and spend a little time during the week consciously not rushing to the next thing.  I have a hard time sitting still because I either want to do all the things! or I want to knit/game/read/tv.  

This challenge is to spend a little bit of time with myself.

Army-of-Darkness.jpg

My prize, should I survive and complete this quest, will be a new workout shirt.  2 if I manage 10 bonus points for above my requirements.  Shirts are already purchased and in my rewards stash awaiting a win.  Undecided on which one yet. 

Alright, rangers.  This is my BOOMSTICK!  I mean Challenge.

Let's do this.

the_army_of_darness__this_is_my_boomstic

EDITING TO ADD SIDE QUESTS:

*Each side quest completed can count as 1 point towards a second reward shirt.

_X_ 30 day Squat Challenge (start 9/7) Just barely.  This last week did not want to squat but got it done.

_X_ Personal trainer visit for lifting education

_X_ Yoga.  Any chance I get.

__ Put new paleo recipes in a book.  Very far away from other recipes to reduce temptation

__ Payoff $800 of debt (700/800)

__ Work on sweater.  And blanket.  And other blanket.  Or they will never end.

__ Research archery classes nearby

_X_ Do homework before playing Don't Starve.  Seriously.  Don't even turn on the TV.

__Halloween costuming.

_X_ Make a Battle Log

Ranger Mini Quests:

__Endurance Feat - Run for 10 minutes straight

_X_Strength Feat - 3 not modified push ups

_X_Speed Feat - Set time for one mile and beat it by one minute.  Runkeeper says my best mile so far is 16:27 - 16:11

_X_Combat Feat - Do yoga 2x per week

_X_Healing Feat - take extra items to various donation locations

• Like 11

Me too. Where is Wolfie when you need him?

Oh, and welcome to the Rangers QRG (your new Rangerly nickname)!

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Badassery and knitting. That's my kind of Ranger!

Subbed to see some badass knitting along with all of the other awesomeness.

• Like 4

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

OMG!

OMG!

Yes yes and YES!! This challenge freakin rocks! You are my new hero QuiteRiotGrrrl! Not only because AoD is my all time favorite movie, but because Quite Riots "Bang Your Head" is one of my all time favorite classic rock songs.

Wow, there's a lot of awesomeness here that I'm having trouble containing myself :). Can we be best friends lol- kidding- I don't wanna scare you off when you just joined the guild. Welcome to the Rangers btw [emoji106]ðŸ»[emoji123]ðŸ».

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Btw, do you know about this

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I need that embroidery sewn into a patch I can put on my new bag I'll get around Xmas or my birthday lol. Good find, D_R!

giphy.gif

Wolf

• Like 2

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Me too. Where is Wolfie when you need him?

Oh, and welcome to the Rangers QRG (your new Rangerly nickname)!

Thank you for the welcome!  As a kid my nickname was Spunky, so I'm good with QRG.  

Badassery and knitting. That's my kind of Ranger!

Subbed to see some badass knitting along with all of the other awesomeness.

Well, I'm currently obsessed with both socks and toys (just made a monster, luchador and a platypus for various friends) and its very likely there will be a ninja coming shortly.

OMG!

OMG!

Yes yes and YES!! This challenge freakin rocks! You are my new hero QuiteRiotGrrrl! Not only because AoD is my all time favorite movie, but because Quite Riots "Bang Your Head" is one of my all time favorite classic rock songs.

Wow, there's a lot of awesomeness here that I'm having trouble containing myself :). Can we be best friends lol- kidding- I don't wanna scare you off when you just joined the guild. Welcome to the Rangers btw [emoji106][emoji123].

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Btw, do you know about this

Wolf

I'm not scared.

army_of_darkness_2_bruce_campbell.jpg

Who doesn't need some head banging every once in awhile?  Its good for the soul.

Oh, and also YES!  I was sorely tempted to get cable when I saw that coming.  I'm still working on how to watch it without waiting until the DVD is released.

• Like 1

It does suck that it's coming out on Starz- I'm going over my dads every weekend to watch it with him because he's the one that turned me onto Evil Dead and AoD. God Bless Bruce Campbell.

Well I'm glad your not scared cuz I was truly pumped about seeing your challenge. It's a fantastic theme and I almost did an Army of Darkness one this time around because it would end right before Halloween and the premier of the new show.

Can't wait to see you rock this 6-weeks!

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

There's a lot more where that came from. Just sayin'

85758456165671f53fcfb86aea3d90a0.jpg

fd766eef614f7c8b29e39f87939304ad.jpg

il_570xN.702280759_iipx.jpg

I'll take.. ALL of them please. Especially the "Gimme some sugar, baby". Great effin line.

"Now that's just pillow talk baby." Hahaha

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

Haha those are great too! DarkFoxx does cross stitching so I'm sure she would find these quite swanky. I like the gangsta one haha

Wolf

Spoiler

Yes! I've been dying to do this one:

tumblr_mb9yifNmde1qb0yqio1_500.jpg

• Like 6

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Love all the side quests! I'm doing the 30-day squat challenge as well :) so far I've been close to 10 min of accumulated deep squats a day. And archery... Yes ma'am- you rock!

Did I ever mention we might be soul mates lol?

You got pics of the blankets and sweater? You could turn your sweater into a cloak, just saying :)

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

Love all the side quests! I'm doing the 30-day squat challenge as well :) so far I've been close to 10 min of accumulated deep squats a day. And archery... Yes ma'am- you rock!

Did I ever mention we might be soul mates lol?

You got pics of the blankets and sweater? You could turn your sweater into a cloak, just saying :)

Wolf

Well, its a browncoat from the Knits for Nerds book.  And so far its just sleeves.  Partial sleeves. But I think I need a brown coat.  And on the cloak:  that is actually one of my main goals when we hit the OH ren fair next weekend.  I want to find a really nice cloak.  Been waiting all year to go exploring cloaks. Last year I found a nice shiny blade.  Its good to have goals.

And the blankets are both long long term projects.  One is making tiny little hexis with leftover sock yarn and someday when I'm old and gray they'll be sewn together into a quilt.  The other is a learning project.  Should not take a long but involves intarsia.  Which is probably too much information for a non-crafter.   :playful:

There may have been some mention.  And that's why we join the rebellion.  :pirate:

MjAxMy0xZTM3N2YyYjcwMWNhMjk1.png

I want to learn archery and drumming.  Those are my 2 life goals.  Right now, I'm looking for a summer class me and the boyfriend can do together next year because he is interested as well.  I've always been interested but not knowing anyone who could help with that, I'm finally getting around to research mode.

• Like 2

This theme.  Those cross stitch.  I CAN'T EVEN!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Toys, socks, and a knitted brown coat - very cool!

If you want to hang out with other crafters and artsy types, check out the Renaissance Rebels accountability group.

Arcane language (intarsia) is a bonus!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Intarsia! Also a goal of mine, just not this challenge :) 

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Heck yea- cloak shopping, it's what normal people do these days lol. And I'm not sure what intarsia is but I like to learn new things. I'll have to check out what all this is because ShadowLion just joined in and I want to be apart of the "in-crowd". That's the cool thing about meeting new rebels, you learn things from one another :)

I think Shaarawy freaked out more than I did- she could barely get out into words how she was feeling. I guess I look like a word whore since all mine excited bubbled over and never let up... Sorry about that QRG.

Wolf

• Like 2

Spoiler

Intarsia is a way of doing colorwork when knitting.  Knitting could be a handy post apocalypse skill.  You can make and re-make clothing, netting, blankets, bags.  I'm in training.  The intarsia skills should come in handy when we are in one of those few boring safe moments and I have luxury knitting time sans zombies. Or mutants.  Or robots. Pick your apocalypse.

eab452be7df5fa9665d5858c183aeb02.jpgim-honing-my-knitting-skills-now-because

tumblr_niswixWbIG1r3yanwo1_500.jpg

• Like 6

Heck yea- cloak shopping, it's what normal people do these days lol. And I'm not sure what intarsia is but I like to learn new things. I'll have to check out what all this is because ShadowLion just joined in and I want to be apart of the "in-crowd". That's the cool thing about meeting new rebels, you learn things from one another :)

Yes.  Come to the craft side.  Good.

giphy.gif

7b3ddf3a55bafeb39e6713c3658479613e8a2641

• Like 4

Honestly, I'm all for leaning how to knit because I'm with you on it being a valuable skill, pre or post apocalyptic scenario. Sure, it may not be the manliest thing to do but when I'm all nice and snug when I'm slaying the baddies, I'll re-think this process. Plus, this is pretty manly, right?

men-hat-ski-skull-face-mask-knit-Cavalie

Or this,

handmade-crochet-adult-knitted-full-bear

Oh, dontchu worry, I'm already on a escalator TO the darkside :)

Wolf

• Like 4

Spoiler