petefeet's 10th Adventure

petefeet

Hello kids and welcome to my 10th challenge!

For those of you who know me (poor devils) this is mostly a re-hash.

A little about me... I'm 41, live in Nova Scotia (east coast), Canada, unattached, no kids (one cat), have WAY too many books and proud of it.

I'm a boiler and refrigeration operator by trade, though my dream is to have a "bricks & mortar" used bookstore. I currently, have a part-time one that I run out of my basement in my spare time and my whole inventory is science fiction & fantasy (my passion). Should be a link to my stores facebook page in my signature.

I'm also a Freemason and quite active in my lodge, which has helped offset my normal "hermit" habits and given me a new confidence in myself and abilities.

As well I'm an avid "Clash of Clans"  & "Rival Kingdoms" player and the Nerd Fitness clans is always looking for new members no matter your level.

Main Quest:

In August 2013 I weighted 267 lbs, and something "clicked" in my head and I decided I needed a change. The pic on left was me on August 23, 2015, pic on right was me in August 23, 2013.

Aug 23, 2015

So, I started trying to get healthy and since I'm a type "A" person I use www.loseit.com as my food log and calorie counter. I hit my goal weight of 180 lbs but have ranging closer to 185lbs.

So my main quest is to continue my healthy lifestyle and improve my fitness level and get back down to 180 lbs.

To do that...

Side Quests:

1. Keep my daily food log and weigh-ins with my loseit.com account.

2. Do at least 3 Cardio workouts a week (min 20 minutes), even if its just walking around my sub-division or playing on recumbent bike.

3. Do the following Body Weight exercises during the week.

80 Push-ups 
                                           100 Squats 
                                           100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                           150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with 25 lb weight) 
                                               5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                          150 Jumping Jacks
                                            80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with 25 lb weight)

40 Triceps drips

4. No eating or booze after 8pm. This worked pretty good last challenge. I broke the rule a couple times, but on the whole it worked. Late night eating is the WORST for me, and I need to figure out a way to modify it around my night shifts (7pm - 7am). Maybe no food or booze after 8pm EXCEPT for night shifts when I can extend it to midnight.

Life Quest:  My MAJOR life quest is to finish my basement and turn it into rec room/bookstore, though I'm going to add some minor life quests for this challenge for those days I need to do something else.

mini life quest #1 Spend 1 hour a week working on Family History (Genealogy). This is a passion of mine, but always seems to get pushed back until I have more "free time". Now that I'm on "Winter hours" (shiftwork) I can do some of this when on night/weeks

mini life quest #2 Spend 1 hour a week doing bookstore jobs. This could be updating ads, sorting books, doing quotes etc...

mini life quest #3 Spend 1 hour a week doing Lodge projects. This could be memory work, sorting refundables for our "Bottles for Bursaries" program, draft a promotional booklet, help with lodge projects etc...

mini life quest #4 Spend 1 hour a week writing. This could be drafting a new story, sorting the 8 million post-it note ideas I have, "fixing" a current story so I can submit it etc...

To help keep me sane (ish), I also like to write. So I will be continuing the adventure of petefeet as he explores the world around him. I try and take parts from my real life and weave them into a story.

So far.... (Check 1st,  2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Adventure's for written story)

Petefeet is a halfling who was kidnapped by raider's as a small child and taken to a large human city and sold as a slave to the people running the cities gladiator arena. For much of his young life he was used as a servant, used to fetch and carry for the Masters and the gladiators.

After many years of this, petefeet starts to realize that he wants more out of life and starts to secretly steal better food meant for the Master's and starts trying to copy the exercises done by the gladiators.

Just when the Master's start to realize that something is changing with their normally meek and cowardly Halfling slave, an outside (Maybe the "Lady in Flames"?) force intervenes. How and when it happens is still a blur to petefeet, but one day he finds himself waking up in the middle of a crater out in the middle of the wilderness wearing nothing but his slave robes, which are now tattered and singed.

Found by a young human girl named Jan and her Grandfather, petefeet had his burned skin tended, feed and dressed in old work clothes. In an effort to repay them for their kindness, petefeet offered to rid them of an giant rat that had taken up residence in their work hut. With nothing to protect his hands, our little Halfling wrapped the burned and tattered remains of his slave robes around his hands (like boxing mitts) and went into battle. It was during the battle with the giant rat that petefeet realized that the old robes held some magic (or was the focus for an innate ability or a gift from "Lady in Flames"?), for when he became scared, tiny sparks formed on the old robes covering his hands and when he punched the giant rat burns were also left upon the beast though petefeet received no damage. The more is was able to control his fear, the better he was able to hurt the beast.

Since that day, petefeet has wandered the land, helping out where he came, getting into the odd bit of trouble and making new friends. He isn't quite sure where he is going, though is sure he will know it when he finds it. 

petefeet spent the winter months in an abandoned manor house leaving the larger world for another day, but now that spring is here, he's doing a little exploring and has discovered the nearby village of Apple Valley.

With summer upon him petefeet has been busy making improvements to his lean-too home within the abandoned Pryde family estate, foraging and growing food for the coming winter and exploring the world around him.

Characters within the story

petefeet = Me

Giant Brown Bear/Were-bear  = My friend Hal who I only get to see a couple times a year.

"Lady in Flames" (figure in petefeet's dreams) = Friend who I realize I'm falling in love with, and the knife edge I'm walking wanting to be more without losing a important friendship. Lately my emotional state (both good and bad) seems tied into my relationship with her, so I've taken to writing about her more as a way to give voice to my feeling (as a way for me to process).

Black Dog (figure in petefeet's dreams) = Depression & that insidious emotion called "Hope"

Mickey the Cat (Mysterious Wizards Familiar?) = My cat named Mickey!

• Like 8

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

I don't know a lot about straight but I'm along for the ride ;)

• Like 4

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I can't not follow your adventures now. What will our brave hobbit adventurer do next?!

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Too funny. Let's see how long it takes for RES and I to make Petefeet blush!

I'm pretty sure that's already happened ;)

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 3

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I'm pretty sure that's already happened ;)

Too funny. Let's see how long it takes for RES and I to make Petefeet blush!

Yup, it just did... <g>

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

And I didn't even have to show my boobs.

Well darn...

• Like 1

Spoiler

And I didn't even have to show my boobs.

Well darn...

I see we're starting off on the right foot!!!

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

In August 2013 I weighted 267 lbs, and something "clicked" in my head and I decided I needed a change. The pic on left was me on August 23, 2015, pic on right was me in August 23, 2013.

So, I started trying to get healthy and since I'm a type "A" person I use www.loseit.com as my food log and calorie counter. I hit my goal weight of 180 lbs but have ranging closer to 185lbs.

I did the math.

I'm coming for you.

polls_evil_grin_3724_10018_poll_xlarge.j
  • Like 1

The recent days have been a whirlwind for petefeet, he's been busy tending his garden, hunting and smoking meat for the winter and doing as much manual labour in the village of Apple Valley so he can barter goods and services during the coming winter.

Winter...

The halfling can feel it in the air, the heat of the summer is over and the nights are becoming cooler, easier for sleeping in his lean-too set within the abandoned Pryde family estate. Soon though, the coolness of Fall will turn into the harsh and brutal cold of winter, when once again our little halfling will be spending solitary hours staring at the four walls of his home, with only the cat Mickey for company. Will he be strong enough to handle the isolation again? Maybe... knowing that the villagers are nearby might ease the prangs of loneliness that afflicted the halfling last winter. Time will tell.

Hey kids,

I've decided to take things a bit easy this "rest" week before the challenge officially starts. I'll be doing everything but my body weight exercises, I just don't have it in me to do them this week. This is a transition week here at my work, Wednesday was the last of the summer hours and Thursday at 7pm I started shiftwork again (12 hours) and I'm not adjusting well.

Monday was a right off due to the Holiday and marching (organizing my groups entry) in the parade, Tuesday & Wednesday were crazy at work getting things ready for switchover and Thursday night was my first 12 hour night shift (LLLooonnnggg). Nights and weekends I just sit in a control room waiting for an alarm to go off. Last night being the first shift, it was also my first taste of the loneliness of my job. For 12 hours I'm the only person in the complex, combine this with living alone, means I have about 20 minutes social interaction a day when working nights & weeknights. Normally this doesn't bother me, it's how I've lived most of my life, but I have to be aware of the warning signs of too much of it, and force some social interaction into my life, otherwise the black dog starts howling.

Other than that, things are good. I've visited "LiF" a couple time this week at her work. Not much time alone with her, she's been busy, but nice just having a couple minutes to chat with her. We're doing another road trip to a book sale on the 27th, so I'm looking forward to that.

Main Quest: Maintain 180 lbs goal weight. Weighted in at 180.6 this morning when I woke up.

Side Quests:

1. Keep my daily food log and weigh-ins. Done for every day this week.

2. 3 of 3 Cardio workouts a week done. DONE

3. Body Weight exercises. Can't see anything in this department getting done this week, just don't have it in me.

0 of   80   Push-ups 
                                           0 of   100 Squats 
                                           0 of   100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                           0 of   150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with 25 lb weight) 
                                           0 of       5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                           0 of   150 Jumping Jacks

0 of     80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with 25 lb weight)

0 of     40 Triceps drips

4. No eating or booze after 8pm. (Midnight when working 7pm - 7am)   Monday            Fail  (Cut loose after parade)

Tuesday           Pass

Wednesday      Fail  (Late night Lodge meal)

Thursday          Pass

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Life Quest:  Basement Bookstore. Working on making the first of a series of bookcases, this one is a bit of a proto-type and is slow going.

mini life quest #1 Spend 1 hour a week working on Family History (Genealogy).  0 of 60 minutes

mini life quest #2 Spend 1 hour a week doing bookstore jobs. 10 of 60 minutes (Reposting ads)

mini life quest #3 Spend 1 hour a week doing Lodge projects. 360 of 60 minutes  (Organizing and Marching in Gala Days Parade) DONE

mini life quest #4 Spend 1 hour a week writing. 15 of 60 minutes (Re-working "The Meadow")

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Subbing really quick because my computer's about to die, but I'll be back tomorrow to catch up!

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Being the only one in the complex for a whole 12 hour shift is rather brutal. There aren't any overnight cleaners or security guards to chat or have coffee breaks with or anything?

• Like 1

Battle Mage, lvl whatever. "There are no men like me."

Is your castle overwhelmed by clutter? Join us, and fight back! How many Clutter Critters can you slay?

Everyday I'm tumblin!

Being the only one in the complex for a whole 12 hour shift is rather brutal. There aren't any overnight cleaners or security guards to chat or have coffee breaks with or anything?

Nope, Cleaners and security leave at 8pm weekdays and there isn't anybody onsite on weekends. Makes a lonely night.

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Pushing his feelings of isolation to the back of his mind, our little Halfling spends several days in and around his lean-too within the Pryde family estate working in his garden, putting vegetables aside for the coming winter.

Doing so petefeet takes a moment to look around his property and realize that a great deal of work needs to be done before the coming winter. Firewood needs to hauled in, overhanging branches cut down, fish smoked, and a new latrine dug.

Shaking his head at all the work ahead of him, petefeet suddenly remembers that he promised the blacksmith of Apple Valley that he would help him expand his workshop into the adjoining barn. The good will of the blacksmith as well as his services he can barter against his labour outweighs the chores around his own home, so the Halfling throws on his rabbit skin cloak and hurries into town.

The rest of the day is spent ripping down old lumber, throwing out old mouldy hay filled with mouse nests, salvaging old iron nails and coughing up a lung. The expansion of the blacksmiths shop into the barn will be a long process, but the blacksmith plans on working upon the project throughout the winter.

At the end of the day, a tired, filthy, and bone weary Halfling trudges his way home and after washing the worst of the dust off his face, crawls atop his mattress of evergreen branches and falls asleep.

petefeet dreams...

It is a dark night in the woods this evening, the stars are blotted out by a heavy layer of clouds that race across the feeble light of the moon. 

The heavy darkness makes the glow from the "Lady in Flames" all that much easier see, and with an eagerness in his step our little Halfling cuts through the trees towards her. Just as he is about to leave the undergrowth and enter the clearing in which she stands, feelings of nervousness beat upon petefeet. It has been too long since he has seen her and now he doesn't know how he'll be received.

After a couple moments, our little Halfling is able to screw up his courage, and careful not to spook her, brushes aside the last of the dividing branches and goes to stand near her...

Hey kids,

Let's see...

Been spending some "free" time at the old farmhouse (old family farmhouse that's been vacate for about a year now) helping do some of the interior demo work. One of my brothers (blacksmith) is going to renovate it over the winter for his family to move into. It's in hard shape, would be smarter to tear it down and rebuild, but the main part of the house was built before 1865 and my family has lived in it since 1868 or 1872.

We've been ripping down the plaster and lathe and trying to puzzle out the 5 or 6 different reno's it's gone through over the years, what can be saved, what's rotten etc... Seeing the old construction is pretty neat as well as the big lumber, some of the floor boards are 18 inches wide!

Got the first of the bookcases built, it being a prototype I'm going to use in my bookroom upstairs, I figured I would make all the mistakes on this one. It's not the prettiest, but the next 12+ should improve.

Visited "LiF" tonight (Tuesday) as per normal. Haven't had much of a chance to see her lately and I was eager and scared at the same time. We had almost no time alone, but still chatted about stuff in common, I can see the day is coming that I'll have to see how she feels about being more than friends sometime soon, I can't stop thinking about "what if". And it make matters worse as I lay in bed playing these "what if's" they all go terribly wrong and painfully. God my self-confidence sucks.

Anywho... enough wallowing in self pity <g>.

Thanks for "listening" kids, other than you guys and Mickey I have no one to talk too.

Main Quest: Maintain 180 lbs goal weight. Weighted in at 181.0 this morning when I woke up.

Side Quests:

1. Keep my daily food log and weigh-ins. Over budget on last night's supper, made homemade banana and chocolate chip pancakes. Added Almond meal and protein powder to them to up the protein %, but I ate 6 of them!!! 

2.  2 of 3 Cardio workouts a week done.

3. Body Weight exercises.

10 of   80   Push-ups 
                                           0 of   100 Squats 
                                           0 of   100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)
                                         40 of   150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with 25 lb weight) 
                                           1 of       5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)
                                         40 of   150 Jumping Jacks 

20 of     80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with 25 lb weight)

10 of     40 Triceps drips

4. No eating or booze after 8pm. (Midnight when working 7pm - 7am)   Monday            Pass

Tuesday           Pass

Wednesday     

Thursday          

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

Life Quest:  Basement Bookstore. First bookcase is done, bit of a learning experience, several screw-ups but it's going upstairs with my collection in the spare room.

mini life quest #1 Spend 1 hour a week working on Family History (Genealogy).  0 of 60 minutes

mini life quest #2 Spend 1 hour a week doing bookstore jobs. 30 of 60 minutes (Reposting ads)

mini life quest #3 Spend 1 hour a week doing Lodge projects. 0 of 60 minutes 

mini life quest #4 Spend 1 hour a week writing. 30 of 60 minutes (Rough outline of "Holochip in a Thermos" done)

​

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I also suffer low self confidence. That little voice trying to convince me that I suck and nothing will work out. Just gotta keep arguing with it, righting back. Things will be okay, they will work out, one way or the other.

• Like 3

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

Heh, hope you got all that, apparently I hit the submit button by accident. Had to go back and edit the post.

• Like 1

Lv 1 Wood Elf, 

A New Beginning C1:  A Rough Start, b=But Still a Start

Lv 7 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 15 | DEX: 8 | STA: 12 | CON: 11 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 12

I also suffer low self confidence. That little voice trying to convince me that I suck and nothing will work out. Just gotta keep arguing with it, righting back. Things will be okay, they will work out, one way or the other.

Thanks buddy, yeah it's a life long battle, but one that I've only recently started to fight.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I guess I forgot to post the pic of my new curtains in the basement, my Mom sewed then and I made the curtain rod etc... out of wooden dowel and plumbing pieces. If you can't tell, they're Star Trek curtains.

Basement window

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild