• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay Heads to Hyrule Castle

What a an awesome success of week 1!

Love your perfect Saturday and pre-shark week loving care for yourself :) All the brilliant movies and mmmmh I feel cosy just reading through it all. Not that that helps a Wed morning that should get me up and going haha, but it's just too much fun to catch up here finally  ^_^

Sorry to hear about the annoying stuff at work, maybe it's a good opportunity though to do things different than back with your dad? Be the one you would have like to be then? In challenging situations like this, also when too much anger of being fed up might backfire, I tune into a kind of Larger version of me and ask her how she would handle this. It's like expanding my little human self into a Larger superhuman self that sees the bigger picture and has more calm and power dealing with things. Just an idea

Oh and remember to breathe, of course. Steaming if need be, will keep you powered as well while not penting up too much ;)

All the best for your work marathon. Gryffindarling standing by your side in spirit and cheering for you

• Like 2

So much work and so much to study! I hope you can keep calm and have your sleep and your rest, otherwise you will be ruined before everything is over. How do they give you such an insane schedule when you have that important exam?

By the way, mmmmm, I know you have lots of work, but... mmmm, you have seen it, right? As well as I have... Sexiest strength training program has been released!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12178-1375399456-32

Are you thinking on doing it? We could open an accountability GMB IS thread and comment on how it goes, because maybe there is more people in NF interested/doing it.

• Like 1

So much awesomeness for your first week!!! :D Plus, using my favorite two words to describe a really bad situation ;)

October does need to get here sooner than later. If only the Time-Turner could work forward instead of just backward. 

12 days in a row.... I don't know about you but that sounds dangerous. I mean besides for a person's sanity. I know you are studying for your doctor exams but I may have missed it, are you already working in a hospital or some other medical facility? I think they have rules against working excessive consecutive days. 

As for your childish boss, I've got two things for that. One:

tumblr_kpatr5hSH31qa0gdpo1_400.gif

Two: My term for how he's acting: He's being an asshat.

• Like 2

What a an awesome success of week 1!

Love your perfect Saturday and pre-shark week loving care for yourself :) All the brilliant movies and mmmmh I feel cosy just reading through it all. Not that that helps a Wed morning that should get me up and going haha, but it's just too much fun to catch up here finally  ^_^

Sorry to hear about the annoying stuff at work, maybe it's a good opportunity though to do things different than back with your dad? Be the one you would have like to be then? In challenging situations like this, also when too much anger of being fed up might backfire, I tune into a kind of Larger version of me and ask her how she would handle this. It's like expanding my little human self into a Larger superhuman self that sees the bigger picture and has more calm and power dealing with things. Just an idea

Oh and remember to breathe, of course. Steaming if need be, will keep you powered as well while not penting up too much ;)

All the best for your work marathon. Gryffindarling standing by your side in spirit and cheering for you

You are so wise and kind, Lucky. I will try, even if I feel more like being Hermione below. ;)

So much work and so much to study! I hope you can keep calm and have your sleep and your rest, otherwise you will be ruined before everything is over. How do they give you such an insane schedule when you have that important exam?

By the way, mmmmm, I know you have lots of work, but... mmmm, have you seen it, right? As well as I do... Sexiest strength training program has been released!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12178-1375399456-32

Are you thinking on doing it? We could open an accountability GMB IS thread and comment on how it goes, because maybe there is more people in NF interested/doing it.

I saw! I was going to post on your thread, but you beat me! I am torn about whether I should hop over or keep going with elements round 2... I would totally be in for a thread either way. When are you planning to start?

So much awesomeness for your first week!!! :D Plus, using my favorite two words to describe a really bad situation ;)

October does need to get here sooner than later. If only the Time-Turner could work forward instead of just backward. 

12 days in a row.... I don't know about you but that sounds dangerous. I mean besides for a person's sanity. I know you are studying for your doctor exams but I may have missed it, are you already working in a hospital or some other medical facility? I think they have rules against working excessive consecutive days. 

As for your childish boss, I've got two things for that. One:

tumblr_kpatr5hSH31qa0gdpo1_400.gif

Two: My term for how he's acting: He's being an asshat.

That is exactly the right term, but there has been too much cursing in my life already. ;) Yeah, I'm already a doctor in my fellowship training, after residency. There are rules... But they're more like guidelines. No, they average them over the month. This doesn't break any of the current rules. It just sucks. :( so you guys get whining. Sorry!
  • Like 2

That is exactly the right term, but there has been too much cursing in my life already. ;) Yeah, I'm already a doctor in my fellowship training, after residency. There are rules... But they're more like guidelines. No, they average them over the month. This doesn't break any of the current rules. It just sucks. :( so you guys get whining. Sorry!

Cursing.... there isn't enough ;)

I've dealt with many resident doctors so I know where you are in your journey :)

Plus, those rules are bullcrap!!! Just because you are a doctor doesn't mean you can be taken advantage of but I know how they run those rules, especially with the local hospital that I deal with most often. 

And it's not whining, it's telling it like it is :D

• Like 2

Sjoe, that's a tough one - all the work and studying! I worked full time and studied part time, so I know it's tough! Then shark week on top of that, and I won't even go to the boss! You have my permission to a warm chocolate chip cookie! But eat it mindfully, one tiny bite at a time...

How-to-Make-a-Giant-Chocolate-Chip-Cooki

Sorry if this is more enticing than helpful, but sometimes life just need some chocolate chips.

• Like 3

Cursing.... there isn't enough ;)

I've dealt with many resident doctors so I know where you are in your journey :)

Plus, those rules are bullcrap!!! Just because you are a doctor doesn't mean you can be taken advantage of but I know how they run those rules, especially with the local hospital that I deal with most often. 

And it's not whining, it's telling it like it is :D

I'm actually juuuuuuust finished with residency, but fellowship is fairly similar, really.  I'm learning to be an infectious disease doctor.  ALL THE GERMS!  Thanks for the support, man.

Sjoe, that's a tough one - all the work and studying! I worked full time and studied part time, so I know it's tough! Then shark week on top of that, and I won't even go to the boss! You have my permission to a warm chocolate chip cookie! But eat it mindfully, one tiny bite at a time...

How-to-Make-a-Giant-Chocolate-Chip-Cooki

Sorry if this is more enticing than helpful, but sometimes life just need some chocolate chips.

Oh, you bet I've been mindful.  They are like fresh out of the oven and amazing.  From the hospital cafeteria.  Dangerous, but sooooooo good.  Today, my goal is no sweets.   :numbness:

I don't knoooooow! I am so excited I can't think! gimme_by_de_mote.gif

Fair.  Take some deep breaths.  ;)  I think I would be willing to switch over, I'm ready for some change... but we should pick a day to start!

• Like 4

First, no beating yourself up for treats during Shark Week.  That's an order.   :playful:

When-someone-says-a-really-offensive-jok

Second, I am really sorry you are dealing with work stress on top of the dreaded Shark Week.  I think you are navigating it all incredibly well.  Extra Awesome points for you!

Lastly, what is Sexist Strength Training?!!!  I must know of this.

dOkFurL.gif

• Like 2

First, no beating yourself up for treats during Shark Week.  That's an order.   :playful:

When-someone-says-a-really-offensive-jok

Second, I am really sorry you are dealing with work stress on top of the dreaded Shark Week.  I think you are navigating it all incredibly well.  Extra Awesome points for you!

Lastly, what is Sexist Strength Training?!!!  I must know of this.

dOkFurL.gif

Your gifs. OMG.  I had another chocolate chip cookie because, so don't worry about me.

Not sexist, sexy!  GMB release a new strength program that we are EXCITED about.  Integral Strength.  Go drool and then join us.  :D

• Like 3

Week 2 Day 3

Cut Grass - 6 servings of vegetables!

Weird Egg - M&Ms, warm CC cookie

Break Pots - yup! meditated at the end of a chunk of work this morning

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheeted

Swing dance last night was not our usual teachers... but we learned to swing out!!!  :D

• Like 3

I saw the preview for various flows in a GMB email today. Temptinggg. :)

They added a bunch of stuff breaking down their unbreakable series too if people buy before Saturday evening.  It's really just a matter of time before I cave in, meaning how soon before Saturday, methinks.  ;)

• Like 1

They added a bunch of stuff breaking down their unbreakable series too if people buy before Saturday evening.  It's really just a matter of time before I cave in, meaning how soon before Saturday, methinks.   ;)

It's becoming harder and harder to resist the temptation... dweebdanceplz.gif

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 4

Cut Grass - 5 servings of veggies

Weird Egg - m&ms, breaded chicken, corn, and gravy at lunch, peanut butter cookie, tortilla chips, hummus... So, a couple things ;)

Break Pots - no food at end of morning work, but no meditation either, meditating on the drive home is happening

Listen to Kaepora Gabora - spreadsheet is happening

Drinking tea and avoiding Ganondorf's evil snacks today.  I'll show HIM a triforce of power.  >:/

tumblr_my3ntgZook1rmf3pmo2_500.gif

Also, doing push ups at work between studying.  Friday motivation, that's odd.  But I'll roll with it since I don't have a weekend anyway.

• Like 3

OK, so I bought Integral Strength from GMB.  It looks sooooooo shiny and is exactly what I want for my current movement goals.  :D  I also sat down with a calendar and made some plans.

As much as I would LOVE to jump right into the shiny new program, I don't think that's a great idea.  I have a lot of crazy stressful things (good and bad) coming up in the next few weeks with my boards (big bad doctor exam) and travel to a work conference/vacation.  It seems unwise to add the stress of a new training program on top of this, especially since Elements continues to serve me really well.  It's also become a habit to work out in the morning, which is something I do not want to mess with.  Integral strength doesn't require much... but it would need a place to do chin ups.  I could see this becoming an excuse on the road.  I don't want to tempt fate and lose my momentum.

So!  Plans!

1) I will finish out six weeks of Elements (seventh week was my least favorite, so sue me). 

2) I will start Integral Strength on October 19th.  

That means that I'll finish on December 12th, which is 8 weeks.  That's perfect timing around the holidays for me and will keep me motivated not to fall down the sweets and sloth hole toooooo far.  When we get closer, I'll make more plans for how to rock the holidays, but this feels right to me.  My main goal is to improve my body composition and lay a good foundation, so that I can hit the mountains strong come next hiking season.

Sorry that I want to wait a bit, Lara!  Still, this makes the most sense with my crazy life.  I think.  Heh.  

• Like 2

OK, so I bought Integral Strength from GMB.  It looks sooooooo shiny and is exactly what I want for my current movement goals.   :D  I also sat down with a calendar and made some plans.

As much as I would LOVE to jump right into the shiny new program, I don't think that's a great idea.  I have a lot of crazy stressful things (good and bad) coming up in the next few weeks with my boards (big bad doctor exam) and travel to a work conference/vacation.  It seems unwise to add the stress of a new training program on top of this, especially since Elements continues to serve me really well.  It's also become a habit to work out in the morning, which is something I do not want to mess with.  Integral strength doesn't require much... but it would need a place to do chin ups.  I could see this becoming an excuse on the road.  I don't want to tempt fate and lose my momentum.

So!  Plans!

1) I will finish out six weeks of Elements (seventh week was my least favorite, so sue me). 

2) I will start Integral Strength on October 19th.  

That means that I'll finish on December 12th, which is 8 weeks.  That's perfect timing around the holidays for me and will keep me motivated not to fall down the sweets and sloth hole toooooo far.  When we get closer, I'll make more plans for how to rock the holidays, but this feels right to me.  My main goal is to improve my body composition and lay a good foundation, so that I can hit the mountains strong come next hiking season.

Sorry that I want to wait a bit, Lara!  Still, this makes the most sense with my crazy life.  I think.  Heh.  

Oh, you've already bought it! I've been thinking about it the whole day without finding the moment. Now I must.

Do not worry about waiting, life is life.

And that way I can start first and make you jealous

63510043.jpg

Oh, you've already bought it! I've been thinking about it the whole day without finding the moment. Now I must.

Do not worry about waiting, life is life.

And that way I can start first and make you jealous

63510043.jpg

tumblr_inline_n27hr19nLp1r34vk8.gif

Only to motivate me more, right?  Right?!

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 5

Cut Grass - 6, maybe 7, servings of vegetables, like a boss

Weird Egg - hummus, wine (NOTHING at work, take that Ganondorf)

Break Pots - meditated instead of food, all the win

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - much spreadsheeting

This day was basically awesome.  Gold star for me.   :star:

• Like 3