• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay Heads to Hyrule Castle

Definitely got some wicked muscle definition going on in your arms :) congrats on your bravery!

:rapture: Now that you mention it, I have been really proud of my arms lately.  Elements has shown me that I have awesome shoulder mobility and am getting stronger each day.  Thanks, darling!

Totally agreeing, you got some great definition going on Shay! You are already starting off great and always getting to better places. You've got this all set to rock!!

:panda: Let's do this thing together!

Kudos for your bravery! 

But... with all the awesomeness that has gone before and is sure to follow... I believe you got this. :)

AND YAY for the Link costume reward! :star:

Thanks, Swampling!  Your belief means a lot.   :redface-new:

• Like 2

I wore skimpy clothes into a tiny spaceship pod and had air blown at me.

...and then realised that you'd left a spaceship windows ajar and were seriously under-dressed for Mars :P

I wonder how accurate those bodpod things are - hopefully pretty good, since they gave you measurements to the nearest 0.1% lol, but it does seem quite magical that they can get that much information solely by blowing air! Maybe they're calculating density (fat being less dense than the rest of the body).

You do have strong sportswoman arms, I must say! For the pull-up PvP I recommend rows as they're less of an arm exercise and will build strength in other places where you want it.

• Like 1

Looking great! Off to a good start, and, from here on it will only get better! Link was my childhood hero. How many old "swords" are in my parents garage, pretending those were Link's...

I searched around for cosplay stuff on link but all is from way after i was into Zelda, for me this is the original:

I actually started with Zelda when the second game on the original NES came out. Man, feel old now...

• Like 3

Hah. Never saw the show, definitely going to enjoy that later. Day 1!!!

...and then realised that you'd left a spaceship windows ajar and were seriously under-dressed for Mars :P

I wonder how accurate those bodpod things are - hopefully pretty good, since they gave you measurements to the nearest 0.1% lol, but it does seem quite magical that they can get that much information solely by blowing air! Maybe they're calculating density (fat being less dense than the rest of the body).

You do have strong sportswoman arms, I must say! For the pull-up PvP I recommend rows as they're less of an arm exercise and will build strength in other places where you want it.

Significant figures *shiver*. Not sure why but I always hated them. I'm just taking the % as more data. And another way to be awesome. Rows aye? Inverted ones? I never feel like I'm making progress there...
  • Like 1

I actually started with Zelda when the second game on the original NES came out. Man, feel old now...

I remember that one, first golden game cartridge I ever saw. Those were the days.

• Like 3

I searched around for cosplay stuff on link but all is from way after i was into Zelda, for me this is the original:

Ahahahahaha, thanks for sharing.  Ganon is pretty BAMF in that.  :)

Just leaving this here; 

Mmmm... that's a whole lot of background music to enjoy!

*blush* now is probably the time to admit I don't know Zelda at all, but have been learning (I think?) and am eager to learn through this challenge.

I read "small space" w.r.t. the Bodpod and nearly became claustrophobic. Here to cheer you on, and as the others said: great arm definition, and I know you can do it!

• Like 1

How do you find the inverted rows? Impossible or too easy? Have you tried adjusting how close the bar (or whatever you're holding onto) is to your feet? (Hint: feet near the bar is easier). Have you tried raising or lowering the bar (Hint: higher is easier)

How do you find the inverted rows? Impossible or too easy? Have you tried adjusting how close the bar (or whatever you're holding onto) is to your feet? (Hint: feet near the bar is easier). Have you tried raising or lowering the bar (Hint: higher is easier)

Heh. I think the problem is that I have a table and no gym membership. Not a lot of variability. They're frustratingly hard, heh, even with bent legs. Not sure if there are any good bars in my nearby environs...

• Like 1

Week 1 Day 1

Cut Grass - 6 servings of veggies

Weird Egg - nothing non-paleo :D

Break Pots - busy day, so I didn't engage this habit loop

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheet updated

Here's my most recent bear video from last week. My times are definitely getting longer, and the movements seem much more natural than when I first started. I'm playing around with how many warm up reps I need to do. I'm noticing that my movements in general are much more fluid even with just getting up out of a chair. Excellent!

Self love today was a self hand massage. Mmmmm.

Not bad, first day, not bad. :)

• Like 7

You kick ass for posting pictures, I'll have to see if I can work up the nerve... I know a lot of people have commented on your arm definition, but I also think you need some props for your kick-ass legs  :highly_amused:

Also, for the pullup PVP, if you're not already doing them I think "negative" pullups are a great exercise for this - that's what I was taught at my climbing gym and a few years ago I was able use them to build up to three pull ups. The key is to figure out where your sticking point is on the way up (for me it's right at the beginning after rolling the shoulders down just as you transfer between muscle groups) and then make sure to go extra slowly past that point on the negative pullups. Good luck!

• Like 2

Finally here for all the awesome :)

Kudos on the bravery, agreeing with everyone on the great arm strength and legs showing too - you will own that pull up!!! And you know what? As you lose some more weight they will get sooo much easier! I was wondering how I had such a sudden jump from my first one (which took like forever) to then 2, 3 and then even 5 in one set. I was 3 or 4 kilos lighter by then, and I am not tempted to add those kilos on a belt again to test that variation :P

Though of course that is probably great training too.

I found inverted rows from pull up bar too easy (probably had the angle wrong) and still die with the ones from my desk. Just started to pull up on the bar from standing on tip toes and seeing myself getting closer to the bar was far more motivating to me personally than the inverted rows. Then I managed to touch it with my nose (biggest yayyyy) Then I got my nose and more over it, then I started to take my legs off the floor and wow was that a glorious moment when I could actually do that, squeeeee

Epic adventure for an already epic heroine :)

Oh and I love your brilliant reward. No Zelda history here as never had any playstation, wii or even nintendo (oops hope I am still allowed in here  :pirate: ) but the excitement is totally infectious anyway.

YOU SO GOT THIS 

You kick ass for posting pictures, I'll have to see if I can work up the nerve... I know a lot of people have commented on your arm definition, but I also think you need some props for your kick-ass legs  :highly_amused:

Also, for the pullup PVP, if you're not already doing them I think "negative" pullups are a great exercise for this - that's what I was taught at my climbing gym and a few years ago I was able use them to build up to three pull ups. The key is to figure out where your sticking point is on the way up (for me it's right at the beginning after rolling the shoulders down just as you transfer between muscle groups) and then make sure to go extra slowly past that point on the negative pullups. Good luck!

Thanks Bianca.  My legs have always been my favorite cause they are so strong and badass.  It's been surprising to see my arms get so much love, lol.  Negatives are what I'm doing now.  They are laughably fast, but we all start somewhere, right?

I found inverted rows from pull up bar too easy (probably had the angle wrong) and still die with the ones from my desk. Just started to pull up on the bar from standing on tip toes and seeing myself getting closer to the bar was far more motivating to me personally than the inverted rows. Then I managed to touch it with my nose (biggest yayyyy) Then I got my nose and more over it, then I started to take my legs off the floor and wow was that a glorious moment when I could actually do that, squeeeee

Epic adventure for an already epic heroine :)

Oh and I love your brilliant reward. No Zelda history here as never had any playstation, wii or even nintendo (oops hope I am still allowed in here  :pirate: ) but the excitement is totally infectious anyway.

YOU SO GOT THIS 

:D  Of course you are allowed.  How else will we convince you that you need more video games in your life?  ;)  Not to mention, I really appreciate all the support and enthusiasm you always bring.

Cool challenge. :)

Go you for posting pics!

Thanks lady!  Welcome.

That is some quality bear action.

I am trying really hard not to make a your mom joke... and it's just... THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!  Oops, sorry.

Thanks for the props, yo!

• Like 4

Week 1 Day 2

Cut Grass - 5 veggies

Weird Egg - had 1/2 cup of twist ice cream with some M&Ms, also hummus is technically not paleo

Break Pots - did not snack after finishing conference, notes, or power tower assembly

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - going to update right now!  Elements went well this morning with all the glorious bear walking.

Pull Up PVP - did workout 1 from week -2 (1 negative, 2 minutes of rest x5)

My hands and forearms are sort of trashed from putting the power tower together... but... I can hang whenever I want now :D  And I went grocery shopping - meat, eggs, and veggies.  That's it.  Boom.

Sleep is so well earned today.

• Like 6

Power tower \o/

I blame you guys, really.  ;)  My hands are still grumpy.  I might try to move it to somwhere else in the apartment, but I am NOT taking it down and putting it together again.

YESSSS. Nice, nice, nice.

:)  But I iz tired now...

• Like 2

Week 1 Day 3

Cut Grass - 5 veggies (four at dinner, cause lunch was provided at work and hospitals only buy things that are HORRIBLE for people, aka Chinese food)

Weird Egg - Chinese food, three tiny brownies, and M&Ms... sweet tooth... I am watching you, get in line...

Break Pots - no snacks on completion of things today, w00t

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheeted

DOMS.  Also my hands are peeling.  I am tough... and drinking tons of water.  :)

tumblr_nou7x5jOPp1tei52uo3_500.gif

• Like 7