• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay Heads to Hyrule Castle

Week 1 Day 3

Cut Grass - 5 veggies (four at dinner, cause lunch was provided at work and hospitals only buy things that are HORRIBLE for people, aka Chinese food)

Weird Egg - Chinese food, three tiny brownies, and M&Ms... sweet tooth... I am watching you, get in line...

Break Pots - no snacks on completion of things today, w00t

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheeted

DOMS.  Also my hands are peeling.  I am tough... and drinking tons of water.   :)

I started callusing and peeling when I began paddle boarding.  I used to want dainty hands and now I want lumberjack fists!  Now I must travel back in time through your thread so I can find out what 'Bear Action" is.  :witless:

• Like 4

I started callusing and peeling when I began paddle boarding.  I used to want dainty hands and now I want lumberjack fists!  Now I must travel back in time through your thread so I can find out what 'Bear Action" is.  :witless:

I am totally glad I'm getting my farm girl hands back. :)

Hehehehehe

I am just so impressed with what you are managing to accomplish! You go girl! :onthego:  :loyal: Oh, and paintbrushes are and rollers are good for calluses as well. My bear walk is not nearly as nice as yours, and the boys still laugh at me ;)

You should growl at them until they run away ;). Not calluses yet, hoping! All the skin on the palms was chewed up by the little wrench things to assemble my new toy.
  • Like 2

I have majorly calloused hands from climbing and it makes me feel like a "real"climber, haha. I also used to have long nails all the time, now I cut them all the way down and feel weird if I haven't cut them for a week. Functional and fugly hands over dainty and useless hands any day! It makes pull up practice a B*TCH if you tear the callouses though, so while you have callouses make sure you finish adjusting your grip before you put your weight on! And if you should be so unlucky as to tear open a callous, check out climbing finger taping tutorials on youtube ;)

• Like 5

Mmm love me some callouses.

I have majorly calloused hands from climbing and it makes me feel like a "real"climber, haha. I also used to have long nails all the time, now I cut them all the way down and feel weird if I haven't cut them for a week. Functional and fugly hands over dainty and useless hands any day! It makes pull up practice a B*TCH if you tear the callouses though, so while you have callouses make sure you finish adjusting your grip before you put your weight on! And if you should be so unlucky as to tear open a callous, check out climbing finger taping tutorials on youtube ;)

I hope I never have a ripped callous.... but it seems like a thing that my badass Assassin mentors deal with... so, I'll file this away for the inevitable day.  :)

Week 1 Day 4

Cut Grass - made 5, total crap at work lunch again, ugh

Weird Egg - I am not even sure what the mystery stew at lunch was today... had tiny cookies and m&ms (pre shark week cravings - chillax, kthxbai)

Break Pots - didn't have time to enjoy a "finished task" before running to the next one  :onthego:

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheeeeeeet

Did not let DOMS keep me from doing pull up PVP... even if they were some of the fastest negatives ever, lol.  Monkey practice was good this morning for Elements.  I think monkey is my least favorite though.  *shrugs*  Work was a bit nutty between lots of new patients and lots of conferences.  Still, I'm loving it.   :peaceful:  I have so many threads I'm reading this challenge... you guys are friggen inspiring.   :positive: Also, really enjoying a "throwback thursday" playlist on spotify that has taken me straight back to Junior year of college as I sip my herbal tea.   :panda:

• Like 3

I am totally glad I'm getting my farm girl hands back. :)

Hehehehehe

You should growl at them until they run away ;). Not calluses yet, hoping! All the skin on the palms was chewed up by the little wrench things to assemble my new toy.

No callusses yet, but I grip the brushes and roller handles very tight. Those finger bones that join the palm, on the inside of the hand? Those get mighty sore after an hour of painting, and their becoming a bit harder now. By the end of the day my hands cramp up.

If I got this right, I'm referring to where the phalanges join the metacarpals, on the palm side of the hand?

hand_anatomy_bones01.jpg

Work being chaos is really hard on you sometimes. Been there and done that recently. As long as you keep your calm and your cool then you will be awesome my friend!!

Looks like you are doing Grrrrreaatt!! Even with the little hurdles (mystery stew). Weekend is coming so hopefully it will give you time to rest and relax pre-shark week. You are doing awesome and enjoying seeing your progress. :)

linkdancing.gif

• Like 1

No callusses yet, but I grip the brushes and roller handles very tight. Those finger bones that join the palm, on the inside of the hand? Those get mighty sore after an hour of painting, and their becoming a bit harder now. By the end of the day my hands cramp up.

If I got this right, I'm referring to where the phalanges join the metacarpals, on the palm side of the hand?

Sounds right. I bet those little muscles and tendons aren't used to working as hard as you've been demanding. ;) Be nice to your hands somehow today ok? Maybe a short self massage?

Pre-shark week is the worst. It'll get better/easier soooooon!

Yup. Trying not to realize that this is not my usual anymore, so extra sweets once a month does not need to induce guilt and panic, ya know?

Work being chaos is really hard on you sometimes. Been there and done that recently. As long as you keep your calm and your cool then you will be awesome my friend!!

Looks like you are doing Grrrrreaatt!! Even with the little hurdles (mystery stew). Weekend is coming so hopefully it will give you time to rest and relax pre-shark week. You are doing awesome and enjoying seeing your progress. :)

linkdancing.gif

Yay link dancing gif! Also, are you a pharmacist? Cause you definitely understand hospital/medicine crazy then. ;)
  • Like 3

Rips really aren't so bad, though the first one takes a bit of getting used to and they can be increasingly annoying if you don't take care of them. But, if you grab the pull-up bar correctly -- the bar should be at the base of your fingers rather than in your palm -- you shouldn't have to worry about getting one from pull-ups. Any kind of swinging moves... totally different story!

Yay for good work days and combating the DOMS with more work. :D

• Like 3

Yay link dancing gif! Also, are you a pharmacist? Cause you definitely understand hospital/medicine crazy then. ;)

Certified Pharmacy Technician. And I deal with the local hospital personnel on occasion. So I'm really in tune with the medical network near me. And yes, most definitely I understand medical and hospital crazy. It's a whole different kind of crazy!! ;)

• Like 2

I'm playing friday afternoon catch-up! you're doing awesome, and yeah - I am terrified of ripped calluses too, but probably just because I've never had one. I've had calluses peel off on my feet, and that wasn't so bad, but hands seem much worser.

• Like 1

Rips really aren't so bad, though the first one takes a bit of getting used to and they can be increasingly annoying if you don't take care of them. But, if you grab the pull-up bar correctly -- the bar should be at the base of your fingers rather than in your palm -- you shouldn't have to worry about getting one from pull-ups. Any kind of swinging moves... totally different story!

Yay for good work days and combating the DOMS with more work. :D

:D  I'm coming straight to you when my first callous rips happen.  I expect batman bandaids.  ;)

Certified Pharmacy Technician. And I deal with the local hospital personnel on occasion. So I'm really in tune with the medical network near me. And yes, most definitely I understand medical and hospital crazy. It's a whole different kind of crazy!! ;)

Awesome, and yes. Yes it is.

I'm playing friday afternoon catch-up! you're doing awesome, and yeah - I am terrified of ripped calluses too, but probably just because I've never had one. I've had calluses peel off on my feet, and that wasn't so bad, but hands seem much worser.

You make a really good point.  My feet have survived many quasi-painful rips.

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 5

Cut Grass - 5 servings of vegetables, om nom nom

Weird Egg - a few M&Ms, a warm chocolate chip cookie, some hummus

Break Pots - mini-meditation and water break after my morning tasks :)

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheet, ho!

Ok, mini walking challenge... I will get on you as soon as it stops THUNDERSTORMING.  Watched A Knight's Tale for the first time since Heath Ledger died.  I love that movie... with all the pieces of my broken heart.  :love_heart:

a-knights-tale_1.jpg

• Like 5

Week 1 Day 6

Avast!  Did ye celebrate Talk Like a Pirate day with RUM?  Scallywags...

Cut Grass - 5 servings

Weird Egg - classic daiquiris and pina coladas, 'cause Rum.

Break Pots - no task related snacking

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - spreadsheet check

I was super active - elements, 8.3 mile walk, and pull ups practice.  Then I remembered it was International Talk Like a Pirate Day. I bought some rum, made delicious drinks, and watched Pirates of the Caribbean in all it's glory.  

tumblr_mq03l96QzL1qmrxmyo1_500.gif

6-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-quotes.gif

• Like 6

Ok, mini walking challenge... I will get on you as soon as it stops THUNDERSTORMING.  Watched A Knight's Tale for the first time since Heath Ledger died.  I love that movie... with all the pieces of my broken heart.  :love_heart:

a-knights-tale_1.jpg

Another thing we have in common! Love it too, and I think they all did a splendid job. I love the modern twist they gave it, especially the music. Heath was such an outstanding actor!

• Like 2

Another thing we have in common! Love it too, and I think they all did a splendid job. I love the modern twist they gave it, especially the music. Heath was such an outstanding actor!

Agreed!

Oh man, I loooove A Knight's Tale. Love it. Also, dang girl. What a nice Saturday. :D

julie-andrews-gif-julie-andrews-practica

• Like 2

BAH!  Work.  Stop it.  Work whining below the spoiler so that I'm not being too cryptic. 

The next two weeks are going to suck monkey balls. I am working 12 days in a row (currently on day 2). I am also in the last 2 weeks of studying for my second huge doctor exam (pediatric boards) which is on 10/6.  All the work and all the studying.

On top of all of this there is a ridiculous amount of bureaucratic stuff that one of my bosses is dumping on me. Then he is childishly acting as if I am "excluding" him by doing his job for him. And I am just over his shenanigans.  He is acting like my father used to when we were the most dysfunctional.  And I will not abide this for long.

There has been a lot of mental anguish the last few days. I am talking it out with friends, resting aggressively, and making mindful choices about how to enjoy some favorites without blowing all my excellent eating choices.

Also, shark week.  Can it be October yet? :P

I have finally caught up on reading everybody's threads.  So much awesome... can't keep up... ;)

Week 1 Day 7

Cut Grass - 5 servings

Weird Egg - 1 serving of whisky

Break Pots - not really an issue on the weekend

(Week One Wrap Up below...)

Week 2 Day 1-2

Cut Grass - 5 servings both days

Weird Egg - yesterday a few M&Ms and a classic daiquiri, today a warm chocolate chip cookie

Break Pots - I'm avoiding the eat food immediately, but not really replacing it with the positive habit of mindfulness... will work on this more the next few days

• Like 3

Week 1 Wrap Up

Cut Grass - 7/7

98032b90-2a44-4f2f-8714-4a8e2ceef21c.gif

Weird Egg - 7/7

I am posting everything here.  I'm not going to beat myself up over the sweet tooth this week.  It is a series of choices I am making currently.  This will change soon.  I'm looking at you, evil candy dispenser at work.  

candy-magic-candy-dispenser-capacity.jpg

Ganondorf's evil curse, I tell you.

Break Pots - this is hard to track day by day... I may do a summary thing at the end based on totally subjective things.  So far, I am just willpowering through not eating when I finish a task... and then having a snack later.  Willpower is not the way forward here.  Must rewrite habit.  Still, I am aware of it in the moment, and that is the first step.

67l1mYT.gif

Listen to Kaepora Gaebora - 7/7

kaepora-gaebora-quote.jpg

RECAPPED!  Wanders off to have some tea.

• Like 4