[whitewineandcathair] builds a better core

auntdinosaur

Silly pills being troublesome. They might be something that you need to get used to. I know when I was still on the pill and having issues, my doctor kept getting me to try new ones for three months at a time to see how they worked out, which meant that trial and error was a really long process. Hopefully yours work out a bit better than that.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: Current, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

Sounds like you had a great first week! I love your yoga goal, that's so awesome. Have a great week!

Doctor+who+poem+you+re+awesome_8bf721_44

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Awesome first week! Pill side effects suck. I had a couple of really bad days (emotionally) every month when on birth control. I hope you find something that works for you and it doesn't take too long. It's good that you recognise it for what it is though, I kept feeling like something was wrong with me.

Anyways, you still did awesome last week :) How has this week been coming along?

"The way you spend your days is the way you live your life"

Challenges: Current | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

That's a great first week!

Do you have any ideas on how to up your motivation and work on the core workouts?

Thanks! I've mostly been hoping that the blahs will pass, but will likely have to push for a "do it anyway" mentality if it doesn't start coming along on its own.

Awesome first week! Pill side effects suck. I had a couple of really bad days (emotionally) every month when on birth control. I hope you find something that works for you and it doesn't take too long. It's good that you recognise it for what it is though, I kept feeling like something was wrong with me.

Anyways, you still did awesome last week :) How has this week been coming along?

It took me awhile to really understand that it was the hormones... yes, I've had a rough year and a recent breakup, but the pill seems to be really exacerbating feelings. I actually feel mentally/emotionally better overall than I have in a long time, but also maybe a little moodier.

This week has been going well. I'm still waiting a bit too late in the week to get started, but I think everything will work out this week. Except the daily meditation, as I missed my first day in 37(!) yesterday. I got up too late to do it before work, then had a lot of housekeeping/trash day stuff to attend to after work... then started in on the wine. So... oops.

Week Two Summary

Core: 2/3 workouts

Yoga: 2/2.5 hours

Meditation: 6/7 days

Mindful Meals: 2/3 meals

Duolingo: 150/140 xp

I am really not doing very well on the motivation side. Part of me really wants to quit... but four weeks (plus the break) seems an awful long time to be away from the challenges. And the thing is... I'm not doing THAT bad. I just don't want to do anything, and I'm not excited about anything. I feel mentally/emotionally better than I have in a long time, but it's almost like being able to relax for once has shut down my motivation all together. I may need to rework my challenge a bit.

• Like 1

Lack of motivation can suck…. But as you say, you are doing good things with your challenge. And sometimes, the progress you make can generate motivation so I say; Keep on going. (but of course you can make some adjustment that you seem fitting)

Otherwise, perhaps some sort of a reward-system can work? If you complete your challenge you get to do something/buy something etc?

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson