• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Emerald_Dragonfly

Emerald_Dragonfly soars above the chaos

Hi everyone! 

This challenge will likely be gif-less (boo!) because I am up to my eyeballs in internship stuff (yay!).  Gifs from you are always appreciated, though!!!  (Gifts of gifs?) 

I'm keeping it simple and theme-less (golly, my thread feels so naked without a theme!). 

Overarching Goal:  Get to and then maintain a healthy weight, get really strong.  Perhaps the weight by June, 2016?

My quests continue, just without the fun gifs. 

1. Batch cook on Sundays AND eat veggies with lunch and dinner every day. 
  2. Workout 3x per week - and post details here.  I MUST workout on Mondays, or many weeks will be thrown to the point that I can't schedule in all 3.  So I need to be much more rigid this time around. 
  3. Walk 5 days per week.  I'm up to 2 miles, but am okay with anything over 0.5 provided it is legitimately all that I have time for (back to school night, BOE meeting night, etc.)  I don't need to post that daily here - just in the weekly wrap-up.

Life Quest:

STAY ON TOP OF MY INTERNSHIP HOURS.  Arguably, this is my single most important quest.  In addition to my project (which doesn't count toward my hours), I have mapped out a completion date (end of November) and to make that, by the end of each challenge week, I need the following totals:

Week 1: 42 102 hours, 4 mini projects

Week 2: 54 114 hours, 8 mini projects

Week 3: 66 126 hours, 12 mini projects

Week 4: 78 138 hours, 16 mini projects

Week 5: 90 150 hours, 20 mini projects

Week 6: 102 162 hours, 24 mini projects

ETA: My summer hours count (YAY!), so I added the 60 hours that I already earned to each week.  

I will try not to bore everyone with too much of that talk, but it is all-consuming right now.  I have a nifty spreadsheet to track my hours, but I can't share it here, as it will have student info on it.  And really no one but me and my professor give a rat's behind about the minutia of my work! :rapture:

Point allocation:

Quest 1:  1 CON

Quest 2: 2 STR, 1 DEX (but only if I do yoga)

Quest 3:  2 STA, 1 WIS

Life Quest: 3 WIS  (This is all or nothing, either I have 102 hours by week 6, or I don't.)

Also - not a formal quest, but in my spare time, I will follow and lurk a few threads.  I will continue to be actively supportive - I get as much out of cheering for you as being cheered for! 

what about this, does this work?

• Like 3

Summer has put you exactly where you need to be with your fitness and eating habits.  It's like you have everything in place just in time to conquer this super busy semester.  Life quest?  You are going to ace it!

principal%20skinner.jpg

• Like 1

Good luck with the internship! Hope the batch cooking helps keep you sane. Crazy thing is I did that consistently through my internship and now can't get back in the habit x)  

• Like 1

Good luck with the internship, and staying on top of life! :)

Life quest?  You are going to ace it!

principal%20skinner.jpg

What sort of internship is it (if you don't mind sharing)?  I'd like to make sure I choose appropriately themed gifs... ;)

Thanks for the good luck wishes - so far, it's going very  well!  @Dillpedo, I am a teacher, and I am interning (while working full time) to get my administration degree, which will qualify me to be a principal in a public school (any level, Pk - 12).  Which explains SuzyQlou's pic.  :pride:  AND - today my principal asked me to be "Teacher-In-Charge" of the building when she's not there.  GO ME!  :nevreness:

Good luck with the internship! Hope the batch cooking helps keep you sane. Crazy thing is I did that consistently through my internship and now can't get back in the habit x)  

Thanks - it's a lot of work on Sunday, but every other day is great!  It's either batch cook or eat fast food (NOOOOOOOO!).   There is no way that I am cooking every night for the next 4 months. My sweet husband has offered to do the bulk of my share of the the housework and yard work, which is awesome. 

Hej,

Great to see that you are still trying to do this while having so much on your hands. I will watch your progress!

Cat approves!

cat-approves-o.gif

Thanks!  I don't want to slide back into bad habits. 

Good luck on the internship!  You'll do great :)

Definitely subbed for the batch cooking! I do that sometimes, but I really need to do it more frequently.

(My challenge isn't up yet. Soon... Soon.)

Thanks!  Thinking of making vegetable-beef crockpot chili this Sunday.  I will probably make all 5 lunches (chicken breast, 1/3 of a sweet potato, cukes, raw carrots, primal mayo), cut up veggies (and seal them in ziplocs with water, so they stay crisp), and the crockpot thing for dinners.  Then it's just steam the veggies and microwave whatever else needs to be heated up.  Hard boiled eggs for breakfast, although I am hit or miss with actually eating them. 

• Like 2

@Dillpedo, I am a teacher, and I am interning (while working full time) to get my administration degree, which will qualify me to be a principal in a public school (any level, Pk - 12).  Which explains SuzyQlou's pic.  :pride:  AND - today my principal asked me to be "Teacher-In-Charge" of the building when she's not there.  GO ME!  :nevreness:

In that case...

gallery_7237_1919_24542.png

P.S. Congrats on "Teacher-In-Charge" status. :)

• Like 2

In that case...

gallery_7237_1919_24542.png

P.S. Congrats on "Teacher-In-Charge" status. :)

Haha - working for free is...well, working for free.  Experience is great, unpaid hours is...less so.  I can't complain, though - my principal is amazing.  So, it's all good.  And it's only for four months.  (Although the T-i-C is for the whole year). 

I also often forget to eat my hard boiled eggs for breakfast. 

That batch cooking sounds awesome!

So when do we want to post form videos by?  Any goals?

I sometimes have them for a snack before dinner.  I still get the protein, but it's silly.  I should just eat them at breakfast. 

Hmmm...how about mid-challenge?  Gulp. 

YAY! She's back and busy as ever! Subbing for all things EmeraldDragonfly :)

Your chili sounds really yummy! Hows the hubby doing on his race training??

I can always count on a ray of sunshine from you, Wolf!!! Thanks!

Hubby is doing really, really well.  His qualifying race is THIS WEEKEND!!!  I'll post on Sunday with his time.  I'm so proud of him.  He's soooooo close to his goal.  And even if he doesn't make Boston this year, he is poised for a PR on the upcoming marathon.  Plus I really think that he will make it - all of his training points to a good time.  But race days can be unpredictable, so the only pressure on him is self-imposed.  He wants to run a 3:05 or better.  Thanks so much for asking!!

• Like 3

Haha - working for free is...well, working for free. Experience is great, unpaid hours is...less so. I can't complain, though - my principal is amazing. So, it's all good. And it's only for four months. (Although the T-i-C is for the whole year).

I sometimes have them for a snack before dinner. I still get the protein, but it's silly. I should just eat them at breakfast.

Hmmm...how about mid-challenge? Gulp.

I can always count on a ray of sunshine from you, Wolf!!! Thanks!

Hubby is doing really, really well. His qualifying race is THIS WEEKEND!!! I'll post on Sunday with his time. I'm so proud of him. He's soooooo close to his goal. And even if he doesn't make Boston this year, he is poised for a PR on the upcoming marathon. Plus I really think that he will make it - all of his training points to a good time. But race days can be unpredictable, so the only pressure on him is self-imposed. He wants to run a 3:05 or better. Thanks so much for asking!!

:) :) you're most welcome! Im glad you're doing well too! It sounds like your hubby has prepared all he can and that's all you can do. And I know you're his #1 fan, so with support like that, he can't lose! (My guess is that he makes Boston.) but a PR would rock too!

My best wishes are going out to him and this weekend!

Wolf

"Let the Boomstick do the talking."

My husband finished his qualifying marathon in 3:07:44

Official time needed for Boston: 3:10

Last year's adjusted cut time: 3:08

He will find out next week for sure but it LOOKS GOOD!

YAY!!!!!!

Plus he improved his time by 5.5 minutes - PR!

So. Proud!

• Like 3

Impressive! You don't wanna follow in his footsteps then? :)

Not in a million years.  I am more of a moseying walker - I run occasionally, just to prove that I can, but I don't get any real enjoyment out of it.  

Awesome! Tell him congrats :)

Thanks! 

I am so psyched for him! 

He officially BQ'd!

Now he just needs to hope that his time is good enough to get him a spot!

(He was 63rd overall, out of almost 1,000 runners - not.  too.  shabby!)

• Like 4

Happy Challenge start, everyone!

I'm off to a great start - today is a super busy day, so I am skipping the walk this morning, but got up at 5:20 to do my workout.  Had to truncate it a bit so that I can get to work on time, but I made it a priority, and did it!!

Today's Workout:

5 min warm-up

Dumbbell Rows, 10 @ 40 / 35 / 35 lbs

BW Squats, prisoner style 10 / 10 / 10

Close pushups 10 @ 2nd / 2nd / 3rd stair

Goblet Squats 10 @ 25 / 30 / 25 lbs

Have a good Monday!

• Like 2

Happy Monday!  I'm glad your husband did so well at his race! That's really awesome :)

I like the mid-challenge idea for the videos.  However, I got a new phone, and I'm currently terrified to bring it in the gym for fear it will break. My case FINALLY came in so maybe I will take it to workout tomorrow *gulp*

It's so shiny and new and pretty and I don't want to drop a weight on it.  But I got the Otterbox Defender case, so maybe that will curb my anxiety.

• Like 1

Sucking at the workouts (no second one yesterday as planned, or today as a make-up day), and only sticking to the food plan in a cursory way (eating the batch cooked food, but also eating other stuff - possibly because I didn't put together my food bins this week, just stuck everything in the fridge - must do better this Sunday).  

Killing the internship hours, so there's that.  A touch behind on my course assignments - and did NOT behave like a  grown up this evening.  Instead of writing a paper, I watched Terminator.  Le sigh.  Tomorrow is another day - and I have until Sunday to get my first 4 assignments completed, so all is not lost! 

Actually coming into the second month of work ahead (instead of scrambling, like usual this time of year) - which is also good.

So...cloudy, with a chance of meatballs?