• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning Becomes Supernatural

Lightning Becomes Supernatural!

This is my 5th challenge and I feel like I have a good handle on what works for me and what doesnt.  I've made good progress with strength and weight and now I'm ready take everything I have learned and work my way to becoming supernatural (i.e. very fit, strong and badass).  This is also a really fun way to celebrate the return of my favorite guilty pleasure TV show, Supernatural.

8db2616e7841f80b7002e578c09f4072.gif

More Like Sam

supernaturaltitle6.jpg?resize=300%2C336

Sam likes to workout and take care of his body.  He understands that you have to be in good physical shape in order to properly slay demons and other like creatures. If I'm going to be strong enough to battle the supernatural I better workout.... often.

The Plan:  Since each supernatural creature is different, it would be best to cross-train and do a lot of different things.  So, any type of exercise will count as long as it takes 20 minutes or more.  

30 Workouts = 1 STR / 2 STA

BONUS: If I complete 35 workouts I will take down Crowley and earn a trophy!  (Supernatural T-shirt)

Less Like Dean

tumblr_inline_nkip34NVh81qc34z4.gif tumblr_mtyietuFiU1s33ctuo3_500.gif

Dean has some food and drinking issues.  He stuffs himself with bad carbs like pizza, subs, and pie.  He also seems to drink nothing but beer and cheap whiskey. No wonder he is kind of moody!  Instead of eating and drinking like Dean I'm going to follow Banting/Primal.  High in healthy fats and naturally low in carbs.  Plenty of water too.

The Plan:

I'm going to use the Banting chart to help me keep carbs low without having to track food everyday. If I eat most of my foods from the Green list and only have one serving of food from the Yellow list I should be golden. If I stray into the foods on the Red list I will track my food that day and try to keep my carbs within limits.

banting.png

36 days of low carb = 2 CON / 1 WIS

Weekly Average of 30 cups of water = 1 CON / 1 WIS

Bonus: Each week that I hit my water goal = Trophy of a bottle of my favorite holy (sparkling) water 

Sometimes like Castiel

tumblr_inline_nsmtzpp5JM1rhdgb2_500.gif

Castiel just wants to help and be with his friends.  I totally understand because I love hanging with my Assassins and helping during minis.  I also enjoyed talking to new recruits and offering support, giving out pats on the back and the occasional virtual hug.

The Plan:

Participate in all Assassin Minis  1 STA/ 1 STR/ 1 CHA (these may change depending on the challenges)

Meet and actively follow 5 new Assassin Recruits 2 CHA

Become Supernatural

tumblr_mudybaktqq1rfjhl0o3_500.gif

Everybody has certain fitness things that they want to achieve, moves that make them feel supernatural and totally badass.  The Crow pose is something that I really, really want to be able to do.  Whenever I try it I get maybe a split second before I flop onto my head.  I think, with regular practice I can dooooooo iiiiiiiiiit!

The Plan:

Work on wrist flexibility, the tripod pose, and the crow pose. I won't set a time limit.  If I get on the floor and work on all three things it counts.
21 times = 1 DEX / 1 STR
  • Like 10

As always, totally on board with your goals!! I'm always impressed with your drive and imitative for your challenges. You can totally take this all the way my friend!!

Buckled in for the Supernatural ride!!! 

• Like 2

Don't want to lose momentum so here is my Pre-Challenge Day 1 Update...

Tried a short kettlebell work out.  I only have one kb so they were all done with 20lbs.  

20 two-handed swings to warm up

40 one-arm swings on each side

100 around the world with figure 8s

4-5 one-arm press up 

Also indulged in a pumpkin spice latte (with half the sweetner) today.  Since sugary lattes are definitely on the Red do not eat list I tracked my calories to see that I stayed within limits.  I finished the day way under and havent been hungry.  My calorie count is super low so I'm going to track for a couple more days.  If I keep eating that low then I will have to come up with a plan.  I think the reality is that I was busy today and just didn't snack.   :redface-new:

• Like 5

Awefully bad topic title, the worst you could chose!

To me you already are supernatural! So this is about becoming something more than supernatural.

81303-supernatural-dean-fangirling-g-DGX

Following!

• Like 3

I love the wide range of your goals, and I love supernatural! Favorite moment:

spncastielheyassbutt_zpse043d28c.gif

Get that crow pose!

Yes! Most of my favorite moments involve Cas. Ass butt being my absolute favorite .

• Like 3

So... Supernatural is definitely the hole in my geek armor.  Perhaps you will inspire me to actually start watching it?

Your plans are SO GOOD.  I agree though, you are already supernatural.  Aim higher, lady!  ;)

• Like 3

Awesome challenge.  You stopped in an followed me when i was a recruit so i need to return the favor.  Great challenge btw.  I also love Supernatural, but i'm only on like Season 5-6.

I will do my best not to let out any spoilers. . Congrats on a successful challenge! Ready for more?!

So... Supernatural is definitely the hole in my geek armor.  Perhaps you will inspire me to actually start watching it?

Your plans are SO GOOD.  I agree though, you are already supernatural.  Aim higher, lady!  ;)

Well, the first couple of seasons are the best. Spooky but not toooooo scary. Now I just watch because.... Fangirl.

• Like 3

Pre-challenge Day 2

Yoga day! I haven't done yoga in awhile so I was looking forward to changing things up. I started with some ankle flexibility and wrists as well. Then I gave the Crow pose a shot. Guys, I am so close. It's such an awesome pose, I can feel the way my upper body and abs engage to try to hold my body up. I WILL get this soon.

I found a simple Yoga workout on Darebee.com with lots of warrior posing and yummy stretching. Great way to start my morning!

Tracked my food and I ate much closer to 1500 calories today so that was good. I made some delicious Cajun spiced tilapia for dinner and chocolate almond butter treats to have around if sugar cravings strike. Oh yeah, also made cauliflower soup with coconut milk. So tasty and filling, especially with a little bacon on top.

• Like 3

Did my fangirl ears lead me correctly? They did! A Supernatural-themed challenge! I agree with everyone. You're already supernatural! Doing this challenge makes you so much higher! :D Following for supernatural awesomeness. Fellow fangirls unite!

• Like 2

Soooo, yesterday was awesome. I'm really enjoying the food I'm eating and not feeling even slightly deprived. Don't know if I'll lose any weight with this but I think it's a healthy eating plan that I can stick to. I tracked calories and carbs and I came in around 55 carbs and 1550 calories. Might need to continue to tracking until I'm better at eating mindfully. Baby steps

Along with the wonderful experience of my first chin-up I also went for a short jog. The weather was in the high 60's and breezy. I tried using some ChiRunning techniques. Feel like there is potential there but it did aggrevate an ankle injury. Again, Baby Steps.

Also had some rather pleasant DOMS from my short kettlebell workout earlier in the week. Just enough to make my legs feel solid but not so bad that I couldn't go up the stairs.

I'll probably take today off in terms of exercise. Might be a higher carb day too. I'm taking the kids apple picking and I'm pretty sure I will stuff my face with fresh apples.

• Like 5

Having a lazy weekend. Still eating too many apples but they are sooooo good. Staying away from sugar so that's a plus. Did some flexibility work and made a few feeble attempts at the crow pose. That's about it. I'll be ready to hit it hard on Monday though.

• Like 2

Having a lazy weekend. Still eating too many apples but they are sooooo good. Staying away from sugar so that's a plus. Did some flexibility work and made a few feeble attempts at the crow pose. That's about it. I'll be ready to hit it hard on Monday though.

Let's do that!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Loving your goals and how you will so nail crow pose FLY GIRL FLY!!!!

How's that? You already had the epic event of chin up before the challenge even started?! Well, we are talking about Lightning after all :D Quite the fast one you are, you supernatural bomb!

Ahhh, will get myself a nice cup of tea and relax to watch

e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.gif

As no supernatural fangirl (just Lightning fangirl ;) I will have to mix up the gifs a bitty... 

Just kidding, there's no way I will be able to laze around when reading about your superactive badassery  :tongue:

Btw, I stood kneeled for the first time on a SUP last weekend! On lake garda and ohhhh it was beautiful!! But how in the world do you stand on those frigging things?? Might have been the wind - had to row real hard to get anywhere - but still.... I managed only to kneel upright and after less than an hour my legs felt like jelly for a full day  :o Hats off to you, girl! I knew you were badass, but now I know it even more so, wow

• Like 4

You tried a SUP!!!!!! I love being on the water and exploring coves and looking for wildlife. So different from my normal life it's a great break.

Now, off to tackle this challenge! Let's start with some body weight work!

tumblr_nu281hVzGo1tme3spo1_400.gif

• Like 4

You tried a SUP!!!!!! I love being on the water and exploring coves and looking for wildlife. So different from my normal life it's a great break.

Now, off to tackle this challenge! Let's start with some body weight work!

tumblr_nu281hVzGo1tme3spo1_400.gif

Good times will be had!! Have a great Day One!! Now, where's the holy water?