• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning Becomes Supernatural

Looked up "Crow Pose", and good on you for being able to get in that position:)

Prying Goblet Squats have really helped with my squat depth.

I love anything with the word Goblet in it! One of the nice things about giving myself lots of freedom with my workouts is that I can do the things I enjoy. Goblet squats are one of those things along with Bulgarian split squats. I mean, how badass do those sound!?

• Like 2

Good Morning!  Woke up at 4:30 so of course I started working out at 5:00.  

spn622-1.gif

Since I'm heading out for a long weekend I decided to get everything in this morning.  First I did my quick KB workout.

quick%20KB.png

Then I did some stretches, wrist and ankle work and a little crow pose work.  MAN, it feels good to feel good.  My pinched nerve or pulled muscle is gone and my energy is back.  I am looking forward to a nice weekend away with my DH then coming home and really digging into this challenge.  Might not post on here until I get back so everyone have a great end to their Week 1!

Peace-out.gif

• Like 5

...MAN, it feels good to feel good.  My pinched nerve or pulled muscle is gone and my energy is back.  I am looking forward to a nice weekend away with my DH then coming home and really digging into this challenge.  Might not post on here until I get back so everyone have a great end to their Week 1!

An awesome start to the weekend.  Hope you guys have a blast.

• Like 1

tumblr_m36d06w2X71qanpmko1_250.gif Week 1 Wrap Up

CH5-WK1.png

I must say, it was a strong week 1 for me!  I got sick, started shark week, and went away for a 3 day weekend which all could have ruined my 1st week of the challenge.  Instead, I did my best with the situations in front of me and I really did well.  I feel like I'm getting to the point where doing the healthy thing is what I WANT to do not just what I SHOULD do.  That's kinda huge.

More Like Sam:

Worked out 6 times this week with lots of walking.  While on my mini vacay I walked about 6-8 miles and had a great workout in the hotel gym.  

Less Like Dean:

I kept up with my water (Thanks for the extra support Gryffindarlings!) despite being at Oktoberfest.  Did pretty well with my carbs too.  I just squeeked by on Friday because I did a little beer tasting.  I honestly don't know if I went over a little because its hard to track tastings but I'm giving myself a pass because I ate really well, even with a nice dinner out.  Passed up all the strudel, potato pancakes, and cream puffs.  On Saturday I drank a couple of heavy beers and let myself eat what I wanted.  Still clear of any sweets until the hotel surprised us with an Anniversary desert plate.  Chocolate covered strawberries were worth it.  :peaceful:   By Sunday I was back to healthy eating and skipped all the crap at the football game.  

Sometimes Like Castiel:

My little team of Dwarf Assassins got their butts kicked in the first mini but I put in around 15 miles of walking in an effort to help.  Happily kept up with 5 new recruits and felt like I really helped some of them get started.  I like helping.  :pride:

tumblr_me8bwtoPqa1qmedouo1_500.gif

Becoming Supernatural:

I am starting to figure out the Crow pose.  I think I have the strength but my balance is wonky.  Hand placement and getting into a really deep squat to start are really important at this stage. More abdominal strength would help as well.   I can hold the pose for maybe 3 seconds before I flop.   But, I'm geting there.

• Like 5

Not weird at all. You'll be surprised how many women here in South Africa love rugby! And some of them are bigger fans/supporters than their husbands. As long as you and hubby enjoy, that is all that counts!

I'm sure your friend will understand. Timing was just a bit off.

giphy.gif

Did you just say the magic word "rugby"? :D I'm listening. :tongue:

Good Morning!  Woke up at 4:30 so of course I started working out at 5:00.  

spn622-1.gif

Since I'm heading out for a long weekend I decided to get everything in this morning.  First I did my quick KB workout.

quick%20KB.png

Then I did some stretches, wrist and ankle work and a little crow pose work.  MAN, it feels good to feel good.  My pinched nerve or pulled muscle is gone and my energy is back.  I am looking forward to a nice weekend away with my DH then coming home and really digging into this challenge.  Might not post on here until I get back so everyone have a great end to their Week 1!

Peace-out.gif

5:30!! Oh wow. You are dedicated. I have trouble getting out of bed at 6:30. Also, that Charlie gif. <3 Oh Charlie. 

That gif of Sam makes me laugh every time. I have to crush the snarky side of me when it goes "Actual Detective, Sam Winchester." 

You rocked your first week. Way to go!

• Like 3

Super Excited about your Week One progress!! Dodging all those hurdles and still kicking major balls. Plus some major Felicia Day dancing going on :)

Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend and week one of the mini you put up some impressive miles. I'm a little afraid to see what will come next.

Week Two will be awesome!!

• Like 2

Did you just say the magic word "rugby"? :D I'm listening. :tongue:

Alas... I'm not a fan any more. Was one growing up, but hubby and I ... lost interest. Now we don't have TV so we don't follow. Where are you from? I know the World Cup is now on, but ...

• Like 1

Thanks friends 😀. I'm excited for the next Assassin mini. Hoping I get to use my Dwarfish strength! Really I just want a push to keep plodding away with my body weight workouts.

• Like 3

I'm hoping for human bodyweight something or other for the next challenge.  i usually get a lot of walking in during the week but this last week was just a disaster with working from home a couple of times and just all around business stuff.

• Like 2

I've kinda been stalking your thread for the last week (you had me at Supernatural). But I had to post because you had a GREAT first week! You had some obstacles pop up, but you just kept going! I'm also starting to feel like I want to do the healthy stuff instead of "having" to do them and it is an awesome discovery. Good luck with week 2!

• Like 1

I'm hoping for human bodyweight something or other for the next challenge.  i usually get a lot of walking in during the week but this last week was just a disaster with working from home a couple of times and just all around business stuff.

I was all set to crush the walking mini but that virus knocked me out.  I really want to redeem myself with the next mini so yes, hoping for bodyweight stuff.

I've kinda been stalking your thread for the last week (you had me at Supernatural). But I had to post because you had a GREAT first week! You had some obstacles pop up, but you just kept going! I'm also starting to feel like I want to do the healthy stuff instead of "having" to do them and it is an awesome discovery. Good luck with week 2!

I don't think I've ever had a stalker!  This is exciting!

dean-screaming-supernatural-34209161-320

I will return the Supernatural love and come over and say hi.....

• Like 2

Glad to add some excitement! Also glad to have you in my thread, but it's a little boring at the moment since I started the challenge late. Honestly it's probably always a little boring, I need to start having a theme or something to liven things up.

Glad to add some excitement! Also glad to have you in my thread, but it's a little boring at the moment since I started the challenge late. Honestly it's probably always a little boring, I need to start having a theme or something to liven things up.

It's smart to focus on the actual challenge first. Some people create stories and really get into developing their character. I tried that and just couldn't keep it up, but it's fun to read those threads.

tumblr_m6xdj43muf1rziwwco1_500.gif

Back

I just started watching the show again, love the theme!

LOVE your new avatar!
  • Like 2

You are one supernatural inspiration for sure!!

Big WHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO on your awesome week 1, way to go girl  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Love that the "want to do healthy stuff" has kicked in, best place to be in, soooo cool :)

This week's mini will be right down your alley, isn't it? ALL THE PUSH UPs, yay

And don't worry about the other races having gotten a little headstart, look at us go now  :onthego: fun times again

Also wanted to shout out a happy Thank you! for all your cheerful support and not only to the newbies  :love_heart: You rock, you know that?

• Like 4

Forgot to update so here is a quick one,,,

MORE LIKE SAM:

Monday- KB workout,

Tuesday- rest day

LESS LIKE DEAN:

Monday- low carb and plenty of water. Might change my water goal after week 3.

Tuesday- indulged in a pumpkin latte but kept carbs under 75 grams. Squeaked in just enough water.

CASTIEL:

Monday- nothing. No mini yet and didn't spend much time on NF.

Tuesday- 30 push-ups for the new mini. Many more planned today . Chatted with my Assassin recruits also.

SUPERNATURAL:

Monday- more crow pose attempts. This goal is going to be tough.

Tuesday- nothing. Saving my arms for push-ups!

• Like 7