Lightning Becomes Supernatural

Lightning

I'm also struggling with water, at least on days that are relatively cool. I've been hitting the coffee pot again these last two days, sigh.

Congrats on loosing again, to earn those jeans! :loyal:

Congrats on the jeans. I use herbal to meet my water goal. When it is colder it is much easier to drink tea. I also do some seltzer water for a change up. I still try and drink at least half of my goal with pure water. In winter, I sometimes just heat up some water and add a bit of lemon

Well if it's good for you ladies then I know I'm doing ok! Tea and lemon water will be happening today!

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

I have got to learn some balance.  I am still having hyper-focus issues with my new stay-at-home job prospect.  I wake up in the morning thinking about it and end up turning on the computer instead of doing my morning workout.  That usually means I end up doing nothing or squeezing in a lame workout in the afternoon. Today I opted for the lame workout just so I did something.  Did some walking and then got my heart rate up a little with step-ups.  That was it.

I'm starting to struggle with the water part of my challenge.  If I make herbal tea part of the challenge I think I will do fine so I'm going to make the adjustment.  I'll still try to make 3 of my daily cups pure water but the 4th and 5th can be herbal tea.

On a much more positive note I earned a trophy!  The scale dropped again and that means I earned myself a new pair of jeans.  :pride:

I'm also struggling with water, at least on days that are relatively cool. I've been hitting the coffee pot again these last two days, sigh.

Congrats on loosing again, to earn those jeans! :loyal:

Congrats on the jeans. I use herbal to meet my water goal. When it is colder it is much easier to drink tea. I also do some seltzer water for a change up. I still try and drink at least half of my goal with pure water. In winter, I sometimes just heat up some water and add a bit of lemon

Well if it's good for you ladies then I know I'm doing ok! Tea and lemon water will be happening today!

Colder weather is why God gave us tea (and jeans, really).  ;)

dc87f0e67dc5d5a50650ef3ba4a6992b.jpg

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

Slacking.....

Won't meet my workout goal for the week.  Going to have to chug some major water to meet that goal by tomorrow.  Low carbs is all good though.  I think the cold weather streak is slowing me down a bit.  Going to have to keep an eye on that.  I did walk today but I don't think it was enough to count as exercise.  I'll step it up Sunday with lots of push ups and squats.  

Managed to navigate around some junk food today and hoping I will be as successful with that tomorrow.  Having breakfast with the inlaws and there will be lots of temptations.  

I'm going to go back to my lazy day and just embrace it for now.  Hopefully I'll be ready to hit it hard in the morning.

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Sometimes you do just have to embrace the lazy day. I think they are actually necessary sometimes. Usually if I just enjoy it and don't feel guilty about it, I go right back to the healthier habits. But if I beat myself up about it, the lazy day usually lasts longer than a day and is a lot harder to shake off. Congrats on the new weight and the new jeans!

• Like 2

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Sometimes you just have to take the time to let your body recover. 

Managed to navigate around some junk food today

Good job!

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Agree with Terah and AthenaM. :loyal:

I have hubby (and the boys) who decided this weekend is a chips and no veg weekend, so I don't have to cook. Sigh... in their minds it means they are giving me the weekend off, in my mind it makes me staying on target with regards to healthy eating a whole lot more difficult.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Thanks friends! I ended up doing yoga and Pilates before bed last night. My fitness goals are so loose this challenge and I forget I don't have sweat and breathe heavy for it to count.

I'm going to look over the breakfast menu before we head out today so I know what to order. I don't want to look at every trip to a restaurant as an obstacle. As long as I avoid wheat and sugar it will be fine and I can enjoy a few less dirty dishes at home.

I think I am going to add meditation to my goals next challenge. I have so much running through my head and can tell that I'm heading for an anxiety attack if I'm not careful. I'm also going to start making a daily to do list. When I can visually see what I need to do it becomes less overwhelming. It also helps me prioritize and see that some of the items on my list really aren't that important.

• Like 6

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Sometimes you do just have to embrace the lazy day. I think they are actually necessary sometimes. Usually if I just enjoy it and don't feel guilty about it, I go right back to the healthier habits. But if I beat myself up about it, the lazy day usually lasts longer than a day and is a lot harder to shake off. Congrats on the new weight and the new jeans!

I agree! Sometimes both your body and mind need a break. 

You've got this. :)

• Like 2

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

I think I am going to add meditation to my goals next challenge. I have so much running through my head and can tell that I'm heading for an anxiety attack if I'm not careful. I'm also going to start making a daily to do list. When I can visually see what I need to do it becomes less overwhelming. It also helps me prioritize and see that some of the items on my list really aren't that important.

I hear ya!! Life and its anxiety doesn't get any better as we gain more levels in life. Anything you can do to keep yourself sane and centered. And, of course, lists!! Trying to start embracing the lists more like with the workout schedule. :)

• Like 1

When i'm at work i have to make a to do list and prioritize it.  Otherwise i get distracted too easily.....i mean i feel like the dog in <oh squirrel>...sorry...the dog in UP.

• Like 1

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

First, the important stuff.   Supernatural Season Premiere Countdown!!!!

supernatural-season-11.png?w=550

Now, give me time to catch my breath because fangirling can be exhausting.....

Ok, on to the Week 3 / Mid-Challenge Wrap-Up

I'm dealing with some internal stressors that have provided me with a crap-ton of challenges this week.  I'm not going to go into any of it because NF is the place I go to be a Super Hero and worry about silly things like saving the world.  Despite the dark cloud following me around I freakin' killed it this week.  Not perfect but, much better than I would have done in the past.  Stress has always been my trigger for bad habits and I did OK. I didn't use food to soothe and I managed to get off my butt most days, even though the quality of the workouts wasn't there.  Take THAT LIFE!

dean_punching_supernatural.gif

More Like Sammy:  17 out of 30 demons taken down.  If I get in 35 workouts (35 demons) I can take down the King of Hell himself and earn a new T-shirt!

Less like Dean-O:  19 out of 36 low carb days so I'm on pace.  Also averaged 31 cups of water a week which is 1 over my goal.  Earned myself a lovely bottle of Holy Water (Pelligrino).

Sometimes Castiel:  I only did 2 yoga workouts for the Assassin Mini, but at least I helped a little.  I did keep up with my (now 7) recruits and felt that I really helped.

Supernatural:  Didn't do as much Crow Pose work this week but I was ahead of the game thanks to extra work over the past two weeks.  So, with 10 days of Crow Pose work I'm still on pace to reach my goal of 21 days by the end of 6 weeks.

I have also lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks which is really great for me. i earned myself a pair of jeans which I purchased immediately.  They were also a size smaller than I expected so that was an ego boost.

With that in mind, I am going to give myself a day off from tracking and low carbing.  I made some gluten-free cookies that I'm going to enjoy with a cup of tea.  I'll be right back to it tomorrow, but I have been dodging the desire to have cookies for the last 3 weeks. I think I can relax and have a treat.  I made sure to get my workout in this morning before the Stressing started and also to be certain I exercised since I was planning on enjoying the cookies.  Water is already good for the day so Week 4 is looking bright.

• Like 7

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Looks like you did a really great job this week, weight and pants size heading in the right direction and keeping up with your recruits.  That in itself is an accomplishment, and I know it is appreciated.

Good job Assassin Ambassador :)

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Kicking ass despite life giving you trouble? You ARE a superhero! Good job :)

• Like 2
Spoiler

It would appear that the first 3 days of the week are going to be the busiest for me so I'm behind on updates.  I'll get to those first.

More Like Moose (Sam):  2 days of exercise.  Did Chi Walking/Running and a body weight workout that included stuff for the Assassin Mini.

Less like Not-Moose (Dean):  Had a carb-loading Monday then right back to low carb for Tuesday and Wednesday.  Water has been easier since I am allowing myself a cup of herbal tea as a substitute.

Sometimes Castiel:  Helped some recruits with their week 3 stats.  Everyone loves that first level up! Also did some jumping lunges for the Dwarf team.

Supernatural:  Guess I'm showing tenacity because I've worked on the Crow pose despite almost zero success.

Feel free to skip the rest of this post.  Just wanted to get something off my chest. 

Got myself in hot water with my homeschool co-op yesterday.  Put on my big girl pants and addressed an issue our older kids are having with certain adults.  The topic was not supposed to go beyond our board of directors but a lady "accidentally" released it to the entire co-op via email.  I went from mostly unknown within our group to a trouble maker.  Don't know why I feel like I have to lead the charge on things sometimes.  I guess in this instance I was actually asked to lead the charge and I just couldn't stop myself.  Anyway, this was supposed to be a simple, but serious topic of discussion between some of the parents of the teens and the board of directors.  Now it is being treated more like gossip with finger pointing and lot of ugliness.

Oh well.  If things didn't change for the teens we were all going to leave anyway.  Now it's just going to happen sooner. 

OK.  That chapter is closed.  On to better things!  

tumblr_inline_nuarw9bErT1r41lms_500.gif

tumblr_inline_noxvssT1Ap1tuhu1x_500.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

It amazes me sometimes how much drama and gossip there is in the adult world.  Ugh.  I grew out of that in high school.  it's rampant here at work and it just makes me sick.

• Like 3

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

Sorry to hear about the co-op, that sucks.

Keep at it with the crow, it'll happen. I put a little block under my toes at first, that helped me raise them off the floor a bit.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

It amazes me sometimes too.

I wanted to write a piece about this, but it's too hard to explain myself (since english is not my native language). It has to do with ones view on the subject, if your view is different, gossip can turn into seeking confirmation of your different view..

I hope this all makes any sense...

I see you're from Belgium. I don't speak French, but if your native language is Dutch I'm willing to translate for you :)

• Like 1
Spoiler

I've been bad about my updates this week! Going to do a quick one then plan on a better weekly wrap up.

More like Sam: Worked out Thursday-Saturday. Lots of Assassin mini stuff, body weight work and yard work.

Less like Dean: Did fine with water and should be ok today if I start chugging it. I got lazy about today but can get it in if I try. Doing great with the low carbs. I did have some residual sugar cravings from my cookie binge earlier in the week but I've avoided any bad choices the rest of the week. Did have half a beer today so I'm tracking my macros just to be sure.

Sometimes Castiel: So far I've done 240 jumping lunges and 20 chin ups for the mini. I can only do one chin-up at a time but every little bit helps. I haven't visited the recruits as much this week but I've spent more time with the ones that need it. Hope to do better at this next week.

Supernatural: still working on the crow. I used two pillows for my feet to rest on so I get into a better position. I think it's helping. My tripod pose has gotten much, much better thanks to all the work I'm doing wi the crow so that's something.

• Like 6

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge