• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning Becomes Supernatural

Totally share seasonal issues... though mine don't usually show until after the holidays.  Mid-february usually right in time for my birthday.   :)  I can see how you might feel like you "could have done more", but I've found that is not a helpful way to think... especially when my headspace is not at its best.  Self compassion in addition to all the lovely ideas already discussed above.  Seriously, pretend you're being nice to a friend when your brain is being a meanie.  It helped me anyway.

You know, right after I posted my update I thought of this.  I actually am being too hard on myself.  If I was talking to anyone else I would point out all of the things I did do even though I didn't want to do any of them.  I only drank about 2/3 of the water that I should have last week but I can assure that every cup I drank was an effort.  Same thing for the workouts.  Without the accountability of this challenge I'm sure my last two weeks would have been much, much worse.

Yesterday was better.  I'm still hanging in with the low carb but I can see that I will need to track my food this week just to be sure I'm staying on track.  My water consumption is what it is.  I'm just going to try to get a couple of cups down every day because some is better than none.  Since Sunday's workout left me sore I just walked yesterday then tested out some exercises that I may use for the next challenge.  I'm thinking of buying one of the GMB programs or using a few of their suggested moves and building my own workout plan.  I'm a cheapskate so I'm leaning towards to the freebie idea, but I am sure I would get better results if I shelled out the money for their Integral Strength or Floor 1 program. 

I think I have my next challenge fleshed out.  I was going to skip the next one but I thought better of it.  With the holidays around the corner I need the accountability and the friendship.  Large family gatherings are not my thing.  :nightmare:

kkCas.png

• Like 5

Proud of you chica! Every cup of water is also a victory. Glad you'll be here to keep me on track too. Holidays are rough! We'll get through them together... Apart... Like introverts!

• Like 3

I'm glad you recognized that you really did accomplish a lot, even if it wasn't as much as you wanted. And you're still working at it and finding ways to make it work for you right now. That's great! 

• Like 2

I'm glad you recognized that you really did accomplish a lot, even if it wasn't as much as you wanted. And you're still working at it and finding ways to make it work for you right now. That's great! 

This, I'm proud of you, and as you said - the support from all of you girls/guys here on NF are keeping me up and accountable when I want to just stop.

• Like 2

Large family gatherings are not my thing.  

I know exactly what you mean. But the plus side of large family gatherings is that no one will notice if you step outside for a few minutes. I often try to help out in the kitchen to avoid being social :P

And good to hear you'll be with us next challenge :) You can always make your challenge about feeling better. You could include challenges like a pampering session once a week, going to bed on time, reading x books and stuff like that.

• Like 2

I know exactly what you mean. But the plus side of large family gatherings is that no one will notice if you step outside for a few minutes. I often try to help out in the kitchen to avoid being social :P

And good to hear you'll be with us next challenge :) You can always make your challenge about feeling better. You could include challenges like a pampering session once a week, going to bed on time, reading x books and stuff like that.

All of this! ^^
  • Like 2

You know, right after I posted my update I thought of this.  I actually am being too hard on myself.  If I was talking to anyone else I would point out all of the things I did do even though I didn't want to do any of them.  I only drank about 2/3 of the water that I should have last week but I can assure that every cup I drank was an effort.  Same thing for the workouts.  Without the accountability of this challenge I'm sure my last two weeks would have been much, much worse.

Yesterday was better.  I'm still hanging in with the low carb but I can see that I will need to track my food this week just to be sure I'm staying on track.  My water consumption is what it is.  I'm just going to try to get a couple of cups down every day because some is better than none.  Since Sunday's workout left me sore I just walked yesterday then tested out some exercises that I may use for the next challenge.  I'm thinking of buying one of the GMB programs or using a few of their suggested moves and building my own workout plan.  I'm a cheapskate so I'm leaning towards to the freebie idea, but I am sure I would get better results if I shelled out the money for their Integral Strength or Floor 1 program. 

I think I have my next challenge fleshed out.  I was going to skip the next one but I thought better of it.  With the holidays around the corner I need the accountability and the friendship.  Large family gatherings are not my thing.  :nightmare:

kkCas.png

Agreed on being too hard on yourself. You are managing to get some water in. I have a water goal too, and this week I've just decided to get in more and to let some decaf tea count too. 

On GMB, if you do some of the freebies it will give you an idea  of how much you like the programs before you spent the money.  I actually used the free stuff for a while before I bought something. 

• Like 2

kkCas.png

This large family will keep you on track. Keep the basics, keep your focus and you'll be great as usual!! :)

• Like 2

I know exactly what you mean. But the plus side of large family gatherings is that no one will notice if you step outside for a few minutes. I often try to help out in the kitchen to avoid being social :tongue:

I'm definitely going to be gentler with myself next challenge.  Meditation and reading will be included.  :peaceful:

Proud of you chica! Every cup of water is also a victory. Glad you'll be here to keep me on track too. Holidays are rough! We'll get through them together... Apart... Like introverts!

Yes! Together - alone  :playful:

• Like 4

Agreed on being too hard on yourself. You are managing to get some water in. I have a water goal too, and this week I've just decided to get in more and to let some decaf tea count too. 

On GMB, if you do some of the freebies it will give you an idea  of how much you like the programs before you spent the money.  I actually used the free stuff for a while before I bought something. 

I tried some freebies yesterday and I was nice and sore today.  I love the frogger move!  I rocked back and forth first to loosed up my hips and ankles.  The hop part was good for my wrists.  Then I worked on some of the basic moves they suggest: deep squats, hollow holds, tricep  push-ups, and pull-ups (I did hangs).  

Doing fine with food this week and getting in a little water.  I'm super tired today but will try to get out for a walk or see what the Assassin mini is for this week.  Just a couple of days to go!

• Like 3

I tried some freebies yesterday and I was nice and sore today.  I love the frogger move!  I rocked back and forth first to loosed up my hips and ankles.  The hop part was good for my wrists.  Then I worked on some of the basic moves they suggest: deep squats, hollow holds, tricep  push-ups, and pull-ups (I did hangs).  

Doing fine with food this week and getting in a little water.  I'm super tired today but will try to get out for a walk or see what the Assassin mini is for this week.  Just a couple of days to go!

I was noticing today how much better my posture has gotten after elements.  My shoulders actually stay on my back some times now instead of in angry stress balls at my ears.  I credit bear, monkey, and frogger.  :)  

tumblr_static_6uwftcgc084kk48ss4co0gk48.

Walk!  Brilliant plan!!

• Like 1

....  I'm super tired today but will try to get out for a walk or see what the Assassin mini is for this week.  Just a couple of days to go!

Now that was a bunch of mountain climbers for someone who is "super tired" :)  Now it is time to rest and relax...  maybe find a nice book to get all involved in for a few days and forget all about this Assassin Mini stuff for awhile :)

• Like 3

Now that was a bunch of mountain climbers for someone who is "super tired" :)  Now it is time to rest and relax...  maybe find a nice book to get all involved in for a few days and forget all about this Assassin Mini stuff for awhile :)

Your pesky Hobbits are killing it! I had to lend a hand, even though it wasn't enough to do any real damage. I had the will but not the muscle. My upper body was getting more sore with every hour so I just did some mountain climbers before and after my walk.

• Like 3

kkCas.png

I have been totally failing to keep up with your thread this challenge. I'M SORRY!

But totally this. You are doing good work lady and we all have days where we don't do as much as we would have liked and props to you for realizing you were being a little hard on yourself!

• Like 2

I have been totally failing to keep up with your thread this challenge. I'M SORRY!

But totally this. You are doing good work lady and we all have days where we don't do as much as we would have liked and props to you for realizing you were being a little hard on yourself!

Sweetie, I totally failed to keep up with just about everyone this time! I'm going to take a break from being an ambassador so I can follow my NF friends better next challenge. I appreciate you popping ovee to say HI, especially since you are THE Dwarf Champion! I am honored!

• Like 2

Sweetie, I totally failed to keep up with just about everyone this time! I'm going to take a break from being an ambassador so I can follow my NF friends better next challenge. I appreciate you popping ovee to say HI, especially since you are THE Dwarf Champion! I am honored!

<3 you

• Like 1

Quick Update...

More walking and more mountain climbers today.  Also did some work on the crow pose.  Food was waaaaaaay off.  I took the kids to a pumpkin festival and we left with some pumpkin donuts.  Totally worth it from an enjoyment value.  We only get them once a year.  I just wish I had remembered about the festival so I would have planned my week better.  I'm taking my Mom out for a birthday lunch tomorrow so now I will need to find something low carb I can eat at a Chinese Restaurant.  :numbness:   

I did my final weigh-in of the challenge this morning and I was still down 3 lbs.  Very happy with that  :joyous: .  

My husband told me that if I keep getting younger looking he is going to have to dye his hair.  Such a nice guy!  :love_heart:

tumblr_inline_nmt67c0JQo1tr4kdo_500.gif

• Like 6

Lightning Becomes Supernatural- CHALLENGE WRAP UP

More Like Sam

supernaturaltitle6.jpg?resize=300%2C336

Sam likes to workout and take care of his body.  He understands that you have to be in good physical shape in order to properly slay demons and other like creatures. If I'm going to be strong enough to battle the supernatural I better workout.... often.

The Plan:  Since each supernatural creature is different, it would be best to cross-train and do a lot of different things.  So, any type of exercise will count as long as it takes 20 minutes or more.  

30 Workouts = 1 STR / 2 STA

BONUS: If I complete 35 workouts I will take down Crowley and earn a trophy!  (Supernatural T-shirt)

Completed 30 workouts so I get the status points, but Crowley lives to fight another day.

Less Like Dean

tumblr_inline_nkip34NVh81qc34z4.gif tumblr_mtyietuFiU1s33ctuo3_500.gif

Dean has some food and drinking issues.  He stuffs himself with bad carbs like pizza, subs, and pie.  He also seems to drink nothing but beer and cheap whiskey. No wonder he is kind of moody!  Instead of eating and drinking like Dean I'm going to follow Banting/Primal.  High in healthy fats and naturally low in carbs.  Plenty of water too.

36 days of low carb = 2 CON / 1 WIS

Weekly Average of 30 cups of water = 1 CON / 1 WIS

Bonus: Each week that I hit my water goal = Trophy of a bottle of my favorite holy (sparkling) water 

I just need to complete today to reach 36 days of low carb!  I feel good about my chances so I'm calling it a win.   Not so great with the water.  Going to call that a fail and move one.

Sometimes like Castiel

tumblr_inline_nsmtzpp5JM1rhdgb2_500.gif

Castiel just wants to help and be with his friends.  I totally understand because I love hanging with my Assassins and helping during minis.  I also enjoyed talking to new recruits and offering support, giving out pats on the back and the occasional virtual hug.

The Plan:

Participate in all Assassin Minis  1 STA/ 1 STR/ 1 CHA (these may change depending on the challenges)

Meet and actively follow 5 new Assassin Recruits 2 CHA

I missed one week of the Mini so I will take away the 1 CHA stat.  I did plenty of squats, mountain climbers and walking to feel good about the other two status points.  Kept up with all my recruits so all good on that goal.

Become Supernatural

tumblr_mudybaktqq1rfjhl0o3_500.gif

Everybody has certain fitness things that they want to achieve, moves that make them feel supernatural and totally badass.  The Crow pose is something that I really, really want to be able to do.  Whenever I try it I get maybe a split second before I flop onto my head.  I think, with regular practice I can dooooooo iiiiiiiiiit!

The Plan:
Work on wrist flexibility, the tripod pose, and the crow pose. I won't set a time limit.  If I get on the floor and work on all three things it counts.
21 times = 1 DEX / 1 STR

Did over the required 21 times but was not able to hold the crow pose more than a couple of seconds.  I still feel like I made improvements and learned a lot about my strength and balance.  I think things learned here will carry over into my next challenge.

• Like 3