• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jrosto

Jrosto - Learning to be an Assassin, A Barbarian's Tale.

Awesome challenge! I wonder if having a goal to do both bodyweight workouts and S&S was too much?  I sort of had a plan to do both, but it didn't happen. I did work on pull ups  grease the groove style, which seemed to work. But the grand plan of having a second workout with bodyweight in the afternoon was a big nope in my reality.

Love your consistency, you are a great inspiration for me.

• Like 1

Awesome challenge! You really are an inspiration! Love the t-shirt!

Thanks, I''ve enjoyed following along with your challenge also.

Repeat Until Strong...  that's my internal meme that helps keep me going.  Simple and effective.

Awesome challenge! I wonder if having a goal to do both bodyweight workouts and S&S was too much?  I sort of had a plan to do both, but it didn't happen. I did work on pull ups  grease the groove style, which seemed to work. But the grand plan of having a second workout with bodyweight in the afternoon was a big nope in my reality.

Love your consistency, you are a great inspiration for me.

You may be right about taking on a little too much for where I am at right now.  But, pushing like that did teach me a bit about what I can do, a great confidence builder :)

Wooo! Congrats on a successful challenge!!

I woke up this morning with a very painful toothache, the kind of pain that comes with a queasy stomach.  Made an appointment at the dentist, then did my kettlebell workout.  Is there anything S&S can't fix?  My pain was much more manageable after the workout.  I guess getting your blood flowing with swings and focusing on getting 20 kg's up with perfect form in a TGU works for pain control :)

It turns out that a tooth that had a root canal several years ago is once again infected.

The dentist prescribed an antibiotic, 4/day for 7 days. You know how much I enjoy antibiotics. My poor gut bugs.

Options are to:

A. Take the antibiotics and see how it goes. Infection will likely come back at some point.

B. Take the antibiotics, then have the tooth extracted.

C. Take the antibiotics, have the tooth extracted and either -

1. Have an implant.

2. Get a Bridge

I think this may have been brewing for a couple of days, I've been feeling off. Nice to have something to blame it on smile.png

Thursday's my monthly session with my KB trainer, have to be squared away by then.

• Like 2

Ugh, sorry about the tooth...I would have to go with option C personally (was a dental assistant in a former life and you're right about A.)

Ugh, sorry about the tooth...I would have to go with option C personally (was a dental assistant in a former life and you're right about A.)

If you can swing the expense I'd get the implant. I had a bridge for a while and I hated it so much I went with the hillbilly look until I could upgrade.

The main concern to my transplant team is choosing the option with the least potential of long term infection.  A concern I have about the implant (other than cost) is whether or not it is a permanent solution in my case.  A major side effect of at least three of my meds is bone degradation.  Now I'm doing my own N-1 experiment to prevent that, but we'll have to see how effective I am.

Right now I'm taking the antibiotics and seeing how that goes.  Extraction is most likely in my near future, but an implant or bridge will have to wait awhile.

I've posted my new Challenge here.

• Like 1

Ugh! Really sorry about the tooth. I'll add my vote for getting the tooth extracted. I had a tooth pulled about a year ago because of an infection, and that was about 6 months or so after treating another infection in the same tooth. I have some bone loss there and in a couple of other places apparently. That's actually what the dental surgery next week is about. They're doing bone grafts in the other two places so that I don't end up losing any more teeth. Fun, fun! 

I'm going to check out your new thread now!

• Like 1