Kagetsukai becomes as fast as the Flash

Kagetsukai

Hello and welcome!!!

AR-AH541_TV_Met_P_20141016183644.jpg

I am not a Scout, but at the moment I am doing a Toure De Force around the realms, trying out all the guilds and improving different areas they pertain to. At heart, I am a Monk, who is currently trying to work on her conditioning. This challenge will be Flash themed, because DUH! I really do love the current TV show, but I might also borrow from the comic books when necessary. After all, that's where the most crack usually happens and I'm all about the funny stuff. One way or another, I am excited to be here!

“What does it feel like when you're running down the street like a bat out of hell?†[+3 STA]

tumblr_njy664PJEi1sxz7sgo1_400.gif

Damn, Tom Cavanagh is one sexy gentleman.

A moment of truth: I'm not a runner. I know it's perhaps counter-intuitive to sign up with Scouts if I don't like running, but hear me out first. I really need to improve my stamina and things Scouts specialize in are usually the best for that. Since I cannot physically hit the pavement (foot issues galore, let's just say), I found the second-best contraption that will help me torture myself: Airdyne. Look it up, it's amazing. Let's break it down.

Airdyne sessions four times a week [Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat]

I will be doing 100 second cardio HIIT as shown below. It may sound easy, but trust me, it will hurt.

The only exception is if I am in class and coach decides to use Airdyne during class.

[+3 STA] – 75% or 18 workouts minimum needed

[+2 STA] – 50% or 12 workouts minimum needed

[+1 STA] – 25% or 6 workouts minimum needed

“We're here to train.†[+3 STA]

Flash-Arrow-GIF-2.gif

I'm a kickboxer and having good footwork is key. There are different exercises that I could be doing in order to improve my footwork and improve my stamina. Since I don't always have access to speed ladder, I will be using jump rope. There are rope variations, too, so let's break down this quest.

Options:

• regular single jumps; work up to 5 minutes non-stop, then continuously PR

• double-unders; first learn, then continuously PR

For anybody interested, a double-under is when you jump once and the rope swings twice. It's harder than it looks ;) I still haven't managed more than one at a time, so this should be 'fun' :tongue:

Jump rope sessions [Tue, Thur, Sat]

[+3 STA] – 75% or 14 workouts minimum needed

[+2 STA] – 50% or 9 workouts minimum needed

[+1 STA] – 25% or 5 workouts minimum needed

“Lightning gave me abs?†[+3 CON]

tumblr_nbb2j27nl71trkfzio1_400.gif

I don't think that works on everybody.

Perhaps this is not the best challenge to be working on my core, but this all goes back to the fact that I'm a kickboxer. Having a strong core helps my entire body stay strong and steady throughout whatever workout coaches throw at me. It's where most of my power comes from. At the moment I find my core strength to be lacking, thus I tire quickly when I am going against other people. This has to change and now is the time.

Thanks to the Assassins Guild I found this fantastic channel on Youtube called FitnessBlender. They have a plethora of amazing exercises, so all I had to do was dive into their core section. Since I don't want to get bored (and stagnant) with the same thing for six weeks, I will be changing videos every week. It will be amazing and I'm sure I will hurt. A LOT.

A core video three times a week [Wed, Fri, Sat]

Week One

Week Two

Week Three

Week Four

Week Five

Week Six

[+3 CON] – 75% or 14 workouts minimum needed

[+2 CON] – 50% or 9 workouts minimum needed

[+1 CON] – 25% or 5 workouts minimum needed

“Oh thank God. It's the food! The food's here!†[+3 CON]

tumblr_inline_nrimqh3kns1rrvvif_500.gif

I wish sushi was Paleo :crushed:

This past challenge I did not include anything about my eating habits and almost immediately it all went to hell in a hand basket. I love the Paleo diet because it lets me have more energy and a whole lot less bloat. I've decided that in order to improve my stamina, I will return to clean eating. At first, I thought I'd just do gluten-free and call it good, but then I realized that I have to go all the way, or I won't get the results I want. So, Paleo cleanse it is!

Keep Paleo six out of seven days per week

[+3 CON] – 6 or less cheat days (one a week)

[+2 CON] – 9 or less cheat days

[+1 CON] – 12 or less cheat days (two a week)

I'm going to be strict here, because that's how I will get results. That being said, I know there are few events coming up that will require my participation and not being on strict Paleo :) I am really excited for this.

“And I thought people your age didn't read actual books anymore.†[+3 WIS]

hqdefault.jpg

What if I write one?

I already know this will be hard and I really hope it doesn't end up being like my Spanish quest last challenge. I will be hopeful, though, and write out this quest in full. I will plan my work and work the plan. I can do this! Now, what am I talking about? I've been trying to write an original story for a long time. I have created this amazingly complex, large world and now I am having issues populating it with stories. Frankly speaking, I am just afraid to pick up the proverbial pen and start writing; that blank page is ever so terrifying. This challenge will change it. Here's my plan:

Write a minimum of 1,500 words per week, which will total to 9,000 words by the end of the challenge. It is roughly 215 words per day.

I really hope that by the end of the second week I will be so neck-deep in the story that I will have no choice but to keep writing. I count on it. I hope for it. Let's see if it happens :)

[+3 WIS] – 6750 or more words were written throughout the challenge (75%)

[+2 WIS] – 4500 or more words were written throughout the challenge (50%)

[+1 WIS] – 2250 or more words were written throughout the challenge (25%)

Beginning Measurements:

Neck - 11.75"

Shoulders - 44.75"

L Bicep - 12"

R Bicep - 11.5"

Waist - 32"

Hips - 39"

L Thigh - 23"

R Thigh - 23.5"

Weight: 181.4 lbs

Rewards:

- Carmel Macchiato from Starbucks (this will be my constant reward, just saying) :tongue:

- Belgian waffles from The Original Pancake House (OMG so good!)

- Sign up for either Krav Maga or Capoeira (yes, my reward for exercise is more exercise) :D

• Like 7

Welcome to the Scouts! I love how your challenges really embrace the ideal of the Scouts while accommodating your physical issues and other workout needs! I look forward to seeing your progress!

Also, with my writing I have found that when I am stagnating it picks up if I get a challenge of some kind. For example, I challenge you to incorporate a unicorn in your first chapter. This can take on many forms all depending on the 'verse in which you are writing! (Real unicorn, plush unicorn, ship named The Unicorn, etc...) So, if you ever need a random challenge to help pull your novel in a random direction, just message me and I'd be glad to give you some randomness!

• Like 1

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Welcome to the Scouts! I love how your challenges really embrace the ideal of the Scouts while accommodating your physical issues and other workout needs! I look forward to seeing your progress!

Also, with my writing I have found that when I am stagnating it picks up if I get a challenge of some kind. For example, I challenge you to incorporate a unicorn in your first chapter. This can take on many forms all depending on the 'verse in which you are writing! (Real unicorn, plush unicorn, ship named The Unicorn, etc...) So, if you ever need a random challenge to help pull your novel in a random direction, just message me and I'd be glad to give you some randomness!

Thank you! :D :D :D

My only problem with writing at the moment is just, well, starting. I haven't written anything substantial in years and I really want/need to get back into it. I already have an outline ready; I just need to start writing :D Or plan some more ;) Still, if I need a prompt, I'll be sure to hit you up!

• Like 1

Wow, you've got a full plate of challenges! In comparison, I'm taking it easy on myself. I will be checking out FitnessBlender...

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Welcome to the scouts! We hope you enjoy your stay! As a fan of the Flash series I give you an A for theme

You can't have the Flash without ...

reverse-flash.gif

Sashimi is paleo right? I mean ... its just fish.

• Like 3

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

Wow, you've got a full plate of challenges! In comparison, I'm taking it easy on myself. I will be checking out FitnessBlender...

I do have a lot on my plate, don't I? I'm a little worried I might not get everything done, but then I remember my stubborn nature and all is well :P I will get it done or die trying ^_^

Good luck on FitnessBlender. They are amazing. And difficult. Their 1000-calorie workout (I only tried one of them) took me to the verge of my tears last challenge. It was fun :D

Welcome to the scouts! We hope you enjoy your stay! As a fan of the Flash series I give you an A for theme

You can't have the Flash without ...

reverse-flash.gif

Sashimi is paleo right? I mean ... its just fish.

Hello and thank you! :D I never thought I'd say this, but I actually liked Flash more than the Arrow this past season. It was heart-breaking, because I *love* Ollie. I guess move over, here comes Barry Allen ;)

Sashimi, eh? But I love the rice part! So sad :( I can deal for 6 weeks :D My wallet will thank me, too.

• Like 2

Hello and thank you! :D I never thought I'd say this, but I actually liked Flash more than the Arrow this past season. It was heart-breaking, because I *love* Ollie. I guess move over, here comes Barry Allen ;)

Flash just had a more comic book/fun tone than Arrow did this season. Arrow is in SUCH flux in how it feels ... I think Season 4 will have more comic book tones rather than dark tones of the DC movie verse and Arrow season 1. 

I mean Diggle is getting a costume finally! 

Arrow-Season-4-John-Diggle-Suit2.jpg

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

That being said, I know there are few events coming up that will require my participation and not being on strict Paleo :) I am really excited for this.

So, when is the blintzes trial run? ;)

In all seriousness, though, nice challenge - looking forward to seeing you crush it!

...Maybe you'll even inspire me to write something.................................

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Flash just had a more comic book/fun tone than Arrow did this season. Arrow is in SUCH flux in how it feels ... I think Season 4 will have more comic book tones rather than dark tones of the DC movie verse and Arrow season 1. 

I mean Diggle is getting a costume finally! 

Arrow-Season-4-John-Diggle-Suit2.jpg

I really hope so! I miss the more comic book feel of things. Granted, the trailer I watched for Season 4 was kind of bizzare in its domesticity, but we shall see :D

Also, don't get me started on Diggle's "costume". He looks like Judge Dredd!! WTF?? It doesn't even really conceal anything! Ugh. Cranky :P

So, when is the blintzes trial run? ;)

In all seriousness, though, nice challenge - looking forward to seeing you crush it!

...Maybe you'll even inspire me to write something.................................

LOL!!! I don't need no stinking trial run! :P

Thank you, I hope I can manage it. Body weight was fun and relatively easy and something I was good at. As I go through guilds, I will be doing things I don't necessarily enjoy (but are super important). I'm really nervous :P OMGWHAT????

Yes, writing! Writing is good!

• Like 1

Damn, you are good! :D I haven't even linked everything yet :D

Kekekekekeke

I may have been lurking the forums out of boredom at work last night... maybe...

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Writer's group! Writer's group! /chants

(Also Tyro caught the novel writing fever. Bwahahahahaha.)

• Like 1

2016 Battle Log

LOL!!! I don't need no stinking trial run!  :tongue:

Thank you, I hope I can manage it. Body weight was fun and relatively easy and something I was good at. As I go through guilds, I will be doing things I don't necessarily enjoy (but are super important). I'm really nervous  :tongue: OMGWHAT????

You'd said you wanted to give it a try before the event but if you no longer feel you need that, AWESOME.  You may need to bring a pan unless you're making them in advance, though.... my stainless pans will wreck any and all attempts.

Writer's group! Writer's group! /chants

(Also Tyro caught the novel writing fever. Bwahahahahaha.)

Yes, yes, okay.  Email me and let's work out details.......................

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

You'd said you wanted to give it a try before the event but if you no longer feel you need that, AWESOME.  You may need to bring a pan unless you're making them in advance, though.... my stainless pans will wreck any and all attempts.

Considering I just devoured ALL OF THE BLUEBERRY ROLLS, I really don't think I should be eating any more dough :P My hips won't like that. I figured I'd be bringing my own pan, mostly because I have one in a perfect size, but also because it's a non-stick, which we'll need :D We really should start figuring out the details of the thing. Like, what kind of fillings we'll have other than "ALL OF THE THINGS" :P

• Like 1

Yes, yes, okay.  Email me and let's work out details.......................

Yes yay :D I'll try to send you something later today/tonight if I remember!!

2016 Battle Log

Tell me more about blueberry rolls. :3

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Considering I just devoured ALL OF THE BLUEBERRY ROLLS, I really don't think I should be eating any more dough :tongue: My hips won't like that. I figured I'd be bringing my own pan, mostly because I have one in a perfect size, but also because it's a non-stick, which we'll need :D We really should start figuring out the details of the thing. Like, what kind of fillings we'll have other than "ALL OF THE THINGS" :tongue:

In my pantry right this moment I have some various preserves, condensed milk, nut butter, regular butter..... I could make a fruit compote or poach some pears like the fabulous L does (because when you can emulate a French chef, you should ALWAYS emulate the French chef). I may buy caviar for those who want to go Russian traditional.............. even if it's just me. :P

Okay, I came back from vacation and I decided to step on the scale this morning. The verdict? I lost THREE POUNDS in the last week. WTF? I guess I will be looking up that recipe for blueberry rolls after all :D

I love how this is what you get out of it. ;)

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

In my pantry right this moment I have some various preserves, condensed milk, nut butter, regular butter..... I could make a fruit compote or poach some pears like the fabulous L does (because when you can emulate a French chef, you should ALWAYS emulate the French chef). I may buy caviar for those who want to go Russian traditional.............. even if it's just me. :tongue:

I love how this is what you get out of it. ;)

I may have sour cherry preserves and maybe some farmer's cheese as well, just for traditional Polishness' sake :P

Of course that's what I get out of it! I eat ALL OF THE ROLLS and lose three pounds? Sign me up! :P

I feel like we're winning at pancake Mabon and no further preparation is really necessary......

You can bring the blueberry rolls, too. ;)  That way, I can save you the trouble of accidentally having 2 non-paleo days.  I'm such a good friend.

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

anigif_enhanced-6007-1411588582-17.gif

FINALLY FOUND YOUR CHALLENGE!  Man this is action packed!  Love the Flash theme and that is a ton of Stamina to gain :D.

Also, love fitness blender!  So many great videos, including a lot of there core videos (and all the HIIT they do with lower body strength straining.  Perfect and yet very painful).  Good luck with the paleo and also the writing!

A lot of writing challenges I'm noticing.  I may have to do the same for next challenge since I also have bubbling ideas. :D

I really hope so! I miss the more comic book feel of things. Granted, the trailer I watched for Season 4 was kind of bizzare in its domesticity, but we shall see :D

Also, don't get me started on Diggle's "costume". He looks like Judge Dredd!! WTF?? It doesn't even really conceal anything! Ugh. Cranky :tongue:

I have to admit, Diggle's helmet needs a bit of a revamp already; it doesn't hide anything which may not be a bad thing depending on what he's going for (Besides, look at Superman.  Put on some glasses and OMG WHO'S THIS CLARK GUY?!)  but it's kinda awkward on him and looks a little off.  I wish it looked more like Judge Dredd but only because I liked the new Judge Dredd movie and there needs to be a sequel...

I need to see the trailer for Arrow Season 4!  I've been watching Flash and Arrow (as well as other shows) pretty religiously and Arrow...man it had some ups and down last season for real!

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I feel like we're winning at pancake Mabon and no further preparation is really necessary......

You can bring the blueberry rolls, too. ;)  That way, I can save you the trouble of accidentally having 2 non-paleo days.  I'm such a good friend.

Your dedication to my Paleo success is heart-warming and tear-jerking. I can't even... :P

• Like 2

You are the bestest friend.  And yes bring more things for me to eat...

I mean for everyone to enjoy of course...

beast-eating-oatmeal.gif

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

anigif_enhanced-6007-1411588582-17.gif

FINALLY FOUND YOUR CHALLENGE!  Man this is action packed!  Love the Flash theme and that is a ton of Stamina to gain :D.

Also, love fitness blender!  So many great videos, including a lot of there core videos (and all the HIIT they do with lower body strength straining.  Perfect and yet very painful).  Good luck with the paleo and also the writing!

A lot of writing challenges I'm noticing.  I may have to do the same for next challenge since I also have bubbling ideas.  :D

I have to admit, Diggle's helmet needs a bit of a revamp already; it doesn't hide anything which may not be a bad thing depending on what he's going for (Besides, look at Superman.  Put on some glasses and OMG WHO'S THIS CLARK GUY?!)  but it's kinda awkward on him and looks a little off.  I wish it looked more like Judge Dredd but only because I liked the new Judge Dredd movie and there needs to be a sequel...

I need to see the trailer for Arrow Season 4!  I've been watching Flash and Arrow (as well as other shows) pretty religiously and Arrow...man it had some ups and down last season for real!

Hai thar! Glad to have you along :D This challenge will be hard and I will hurt, but it will happen :D

Personally, Arrow had very few redeemable moments and they all mostly happened towards the end of the season. So sad. Ask me next time you see me what I thought was wrong with the show and you'll have a tirade for solid 15 minutes ;)

Here's the newest trailer:

Looks fun :D I just hope it's better than last season. Also, new characters!!! :D

You are the bestest friend.  And yes bring more things for me to eat...

I mean for everyone to enjoy of course...

beast-eating-oatmeal.gif

You crack me up :D

• Like 1