Project Phoenix: Satyr Begins (Teros 17)

Teros

Here's how other people operate in their head:

"I'm going to talk about my job and how there have been budget cuts and that it's really upsetting to me that Cheryl always has to put in extra hours."

Me?  Here's what's in my head:
"I WANNA FUCKING DO KUNG FU AND DO THE ROBOT!  I'M GONNA LUI KANG KICK THIS OLD WOMAN!" 

or

"What is this person talking about?  They're OUTTA TOUCH!  I'M OUTTA TIIII-IIIIME! Yeah, I fucking love Hall&Oats!  Doo doo da dooo!"

Then I'm asked a question and I don't know what to say because I'm apparently having a jam session with my two best buds on my imaginary Yamaha keyboard and gigantic Ray Charles glasses while blue strobe lights are flashing and I'm being rained on by panties.  Wait WHAT we were talking about?  Cheryl?  Who the fuck is Cheryl?

That's not normal.

It is TOTALLY normal.

For me, at least. I function in quite a similar way. It is why I'm mostly silent on "social" occasions and keep a poker face so people won't think I'm bored and take offense. If my inner monologue was a comic strip, it would be the heart and brain from awkward yeti. Most of the times I want to jump and scream something along the lines of OH JUST SHUT UP AND LET'S TALK ABOUT SHIT WE CARE AND DO EXCITING STUPID THINGS! That's why I feel at home around fellow Rebels, because I don't have to keep all that bottled up inside.

• Like 7

It is TOTALLY normal.

For me, at least. I function in quite a similar way. It is why I'm mostly silent on "social" occasions and keep a poker face so people won't think I'm bored and take offense. If my inner monologue was a comic strip, it would be the heart and brain from awkward yeti. Most of the times I want to jump and scream something along the lines of OH JUST SHUT UP AND LET'S TALK ABOUT SHIT WE CARE AND DO EXCITING STUPID THINGS! That's why I feel at home around fellow Rebels, because I don't have to keep all that bottled up inside.

^ All of this! 

My internal monologue mostly consists of me telling myself not to say things because they're too weird for general consumption. I usually say them anyway just to see if I was right. Which I usually am. But then like the famous quote goes 'If you can't handle what I think is my socially acceptable level of weird you'd better run because that ain't the half of it'. (or something :P )

Luckily, we're all weird together here. And it's glorious. 

• Like 8

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

I love you. Just oh my god I almost pissed myself and you are the most amazing human I may have ever met and I love you the most and squee and OMG you think I'm funny :wub:

Yeah you were fun to hang out with. :)  Really enjoyed spending time with you.  Gotta get out of that dark corner, Gurl.

Awesome write up on camp.

* Side note- you are out of date on calling flight  attendant peanut giver's- peanuts are no longer given out on plan since some people are allergic. Therefore the correct term  is pretzel givers :D  ;)  

They are SO behind the times at Delta then because I got a bag of peanuts in a blue bag on my flight home!

There were three options that the guy gave: peanuts, pretzels, or cookies.  Chatted it up with a nice woman on the way back.

Dude, where's the other half of you? That weight loss doesn't just show, it kicked my eyes down my throat!

Loved reading your write up. I'll be waiting for that classified information ;)

Oh, you mean Old Mike?  Fucker is GTFOing right now.

goldeneye-02.jpg

I'm so glad I got to meet you. ^_^

OH

EMM

GEE

Me too!  It was great to meet myself!  j/k.  It was lovely to finally see you.  No arias for me though, it seems.  ;)

Wicked write-up buddy, so proud of you!!!

For some reason I can't see any of your photo's, but I think that's because of the firewalls here at work.

It's funny, I'm the other way with airplanes, take-offs don't bother me too much, landings on the other hand I'm white-knuckling it the whole way down!

I'm so very proud of you getting out there and socializing with the other campers, taking the initiative and seeking people out and offering support. 

Well I hope you can view them soon.  Missing out on some awesome people.

Oh, rest assured I was freaking out on both liftoff and touchdown.  I think that overall for me, touchdown is a little easier because we're so close to the ground that if things crash, I mean, I'll survive.  If we get up a few thousand feet and issues happen then I'm totally F-ed in the A.

YEAH!  Socializing is fantastic!

2507823-4833755599-RobRy.gif

Yay! I'm so glad you got to go. One of my life goals is to go to NF Camp sometime as camps have had a huge impact on my life growing up, but alas, I'm not seeing it being very feasible for the near future.

Love your look! You look a lot more happy than previous pictures. Just a different radiance, I guess. Plus, I would probably be fangirling over getting a picture taken with you. Or I would be awkwardly standing 10 feet away hoping that I would be noticed and get a picture. lol. 

Well I hope you do.  I'd like to meet you. :)

You'd fangirl over me? :redface:

notice-me-senpai2.jpg

Hey hey! I'm glad to see that you're still alive buddy! One day I'll go to an NF camp, but we'll see. So far, it's not in the cards for me.

Reshuffle that deck, my friend.

Amazeballs. I agree with RES that was worth the wait. I'm sure all the classified info will be too. You crazy kids have fun with your camps and such, I will continue to live vicariously (international travel is a bit pricey for our budget these days!)

Love the hair-did, and your shower description was both relatable and hilarious - I'm the skeevy type who would just forego showering if it was that cold (spray deodorant to the rescue)

Do I still need to be doing shots in your honor? ;)

Once I was soaked was it too late to backtrack.  Didn't have a choice but to forge forward.  Funfact: the next day, I hopped in another shower stall the next day and it was too hot.  F*ck that. I'll take it.

Ah! Sorry about the airport stuff. I didn't even think about having that conversation with you when you said about flying.

Glad it was an amazing time.

*waves off*  It's all good in the hood, G.

• Like 2

It is TOTALLY normal.

You are my new favorite :) I looooooove TAY

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Hey! I loved to meet you in person!!!

And as you probably notice I don't have a internal monologue, I talk almost all the time, non stop, whatever comes to my mind, I don't care if people are paying attention or if I will say stupid things. I spend too much time by myself, and my mind isn't a fun place to be...

• Like 5

as much as this is going to sound insane. There are others like you. I am one, I have just mastered the talky talk humans do...it isnt fun. That was what was great about Camp. I was able to woo the fuck out and jam to myself and laugh out loud at my own thoughts and no one gave a fuck. Be you...that wild, crazy Caveman who has no idea how to be in society, be that guy, I love that guy.

YAY!  Wish I could hug you right now.

Also, your food discussion makes me laugh because I am such a slow eater. I'm sure you've had internal angst in regards to the slowness.

2013-09-25-beast.gif

*hrmph!* what?!

Loki+is+not+amused+_77037bb072aabde9f3aa

I take it you don't like tea Teros?

:tongue:

It's a very labored sigh that I give about this whole ordeal.

I have to say as a British woman I found it quite difficult to read all that smack you were talking about tea :tongue:

82cec312acd302e15262a99d1b81bfd0.jpg

I don't know what to tell you. We're a close match but this whole 'tea' thing is pretty tough to deal with.  Seriously, what's a 'good' tea?  What even makes a good tea?  I've tried ones that were supposed to be subtle and ones that were strong and they all taste exactly the same despite smelling totally different.

52946476.jpg
Works both ways with what you said.

Yes it does sound bad and I am going to bite my tounge in half trying to behave and not derail your thread ;)

I don't like sweet tea, or any kind of regular tea either, gets me funny looks here...chai or green tea i do like, coffee I love, or water...

I didn't even notice that you ate that fast...I'm usually getting accused of that (slow down, it's not going anywhere)

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

Derail away if you want.  I got nothing planned.

Believe me, I was trying to pace myself at breakfast.

At camp? Not even close.  I was basically FlapJack Norton with those pancakes at camp...

It is TOTALLY normal.

Yes. Camp.  Next year.  'Exciting and stupid things' will have a time slot.  My vote is to get a bunch of junk that is dirt cheap and karate chop them.  Or I'll bring my sledgehammer and we can use it like a bat and smash clay plates.  OOOO! Or we could do punkin chunkin at camp.  *sighs*  That wuold be badass.  Or let's collect all the pillows and blankets, put them in a massive pile, then treat it like a massive pool to jump in/on.

^ All of this! 

My internal monologue mostly consists of me telling myself not to say things because they're too weird for general consumption. I usually say them anyway just to see if I was right. Which I usually am. But then like the famous quote goes 'If you can't handle what I think is my socially acceptable level of weird you'd better run because that ain't the half of it'. (or something :tongue: )

Luckily, we're all weird together here. And it's glorious. 

Well say every weird thing EVAR to me ok!?  EVERYTHING!

giphy.gif
  • Like 5

Derail away if you want.  I got nothing planned.

Well in that case....

I don't have like a fun... this is going to sound bad.... I don't have like a fun oral thing to do.

I can certainly give you a "fun" oral thing to do...;)

• Like 6

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE in 2022

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 65

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Well in that case....

I can certainly give you a "fun" oral thing to do... ;)

Really!?  What are you gonna give me that can take a long time to work on with my mouth?

Because I thought about lollipops but they aren't paleo.  :(

I got an ink pen out of a wine bottle using my mouth at Camp, does that count as fun oral activity? ;)

When were ya'll drinking?

Ya'll

When the hell do I say 'ya'll'?  Back when people talked on the forums about a beer swap, I didn't think that any alcohol was allowed, but then they needed tons of cider.

• Like 3

Really!? What are you gonna give me that can take a long time to work on with my mouth?

Because I thought about lollipops but they aren't paleo. :(

Well >I< am certainly Paleo ;)

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 4

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

OK! Reshuffling and...

tumblr_mysf7ukmh61rldt1wo1_500.gif

... huh... that's odd.

• Like 4

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I don't know what to tell you. We're a close match but this whole 'tea' thing is pretty tough to deal with.  Seriously, what's a 'good' tea?  What even makes a good tea?  I've tried ones that were supposed to be subtle and ones that were strong and they all taste exactly the same despite smelling totally different.

Well say every weird thing EVAR to me ok!?  EVERYTHING!

Ok so now I have two missons. 1. Do my duty as a Brit and spread the good news about tea and 2. Out-weird Teros. 

Both challenges enthusiastically accepted. 

• Like 5

Well >I< am certainly Paleo

*nervous laughter*

All of you or just certain parts? I mean, I want to make sure I can do this without feeling guilty and accidentally break a whole 30.  The LAST thing I want is a stray tongue going somewhere that it shouldn't and having to start from scratch AGAIN.  How much time are we talking per day that this can be a fixation?

OK! Reshuffling and...

tumblr_mysf7ukmh61rldt1wo1_500.gif

... huh... that's odd.

You already lost:

4MQZVcySLvuN.jpg

This thread is officially "Nerds Gone Wild"

Yes, but that guy got arrested.  Not looking to go in that direction.  Everyone signed the waiver for this, right?

Hang on, let me get my Jamaican metal drum...

Ok so now I have two missons. 1. Do my duty as a Brit and spread the good news about tea and 2. Out-weird Teros. 

Both challenges enthusiastically accepted. 

orgazmo13.jpg

"Have you heard the good word? Early Grey teaches us that..."
famous-characters-troll-face-challenge-a

Do your worst.

Hey! I loved to meet you in person!!!

And as you probably notice I don't have a internal monologue, I talk almost all the time, non stop, whatever comes to my mind, I don't care if people are paying attention or if I will say stupid things. I spend too much time by myself, and my mind isn't a fun place to be...

Yes, you very chatty the entire time.  I thought it was adorable.  And you don't have a bad 'deep' voice, ok?

Then message me more!  You said yourself that you neglect to.

• Like 2

orgazmo13.jpg

"Have you heard the good word? Early Grey teaches us that..."
famous-characters-troll-face-challenge-a

Do your worst.

K, but you guys have got one more chance. If the tea ends up in Boston Harbour again we're done YA HEAR?! 

• Like 5

*nervous laughter*

All of you or just certain parts? I mean, I want to make sure I can do this without feeling guilty and accidentally break a whole 30.  The LAST thing I want is a stray tongue going somewhere that it shouldn't and having to start from scratch AGAIN.  How much time are we talking per day that this can be a fixation?

BRB - Googling...

• Like 2

Really!?  What are you gonna give me that can take a long time to work on with my mouth?

Because I thought about lollipops but they aren't paleo.  :(

When were ya'll drinking?

Ya'll

When the hell do I say 'ya'll'?  Back when people talked on the forums about a beer swap, I didn't think that any alcohol was allowed, but then they needed tons of cider.

all the leftover wine from the sanctioned parties was being consumed at the after party, im assuming it unofficially sanctioned bc they knew and said nothing. and I say y'all all the time, its a good word :)

• Like 3

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Well I hope you do.  I'd like to meet you. :)

You'd fangirl over me? :redface:

notice-me-senpai2.jpg

But of course, senpai~!

I tend to get overly excited when I get to meet my online friends IRL. Anymore, I feel way more closer to people I meet online than those who I've known for years IRL. But that's a whole 'nother can of worms for me that's probably best for PMs. 

I enjoy tea, but I make it super strong. Like, I just leave the tea bag in the cup while I drink it. I normally don't add honey or sugar to it unless I have a sore throat, then in goes some honey. But Southern sweet tea? Awe man, that's amazing. My thinking is if you call it sweet tea, then it better taste like syrup, no half-a$$ing it. I'm kind of the same way with coffee. If you tell me it's hazelnut flavored, it better taste like hazelnut coffee, not coffee with a weird after-taste. That's why I normally order the frappaccinos or whatever at Starbucks. I find I can taste all the flavors better when it's frozen. 

• Like 3

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

K, but you guys have got one more chance. If the tea ends up in Boston Harbour again we're done YA HEAR?! 

Ok...

*snicker*

BRB - Googling...

05141f278a56ea472618a5b74edf015fb9bb21-w

all the leftover wine from the sanctioned parties was being consumed at the after party, im assuming it unofficially sanctioned bc they knew and said nothing. and I say y'all all the time, its a good word :)

Scrounge up a pint 'o grog.

Es muy interesante.  I tried wine before and couldn't enjoy it, but I know there's a lot of types too. 

But of course, senpai~!

I tend to get overly excited when I get to meet my online friends IRL. Anymore, I feel way more closer to people I meet online than those who I've known for years IRL. But that's a whole 'nother can of worms for me that's probably best for PMs. 

I enjoy tea, but I make it super strong. Like, I just leave the tea bag in the cup while I drink it. I normally don't add honey or sugar to it unless I have a sore throat, then in goes some honey. But Southern sweet tea? Awe man, that's amazing. My thinking is if you call it sweet tea, then it better taste like syrup, no half-a$$ing it. I'm kind of the same way with coffee. If you tell me it's hazelnut flavored, it better taste like hazelnut coffee, not coffee with a weird after-taste. That's why I normally order the frappaccinos or whatever at Starbucks. I find I can taste all the flavors better when it's frozen. 

Exactly the same.  Hey, shoot me a message, then.

The whole 'frozen' comment is why I figured I should try variations.  Some I've had with a ton of ice and I'd say that colder=better, but not by much.

However, I did try some sort of coconut tea drink once and it was tolerable as I finished it.  Again, it was the smell that was good.  I would have rather rubbed it on my face than drink it.

2bd92f85210ba073c8eacbc6c6cd7639376d992c

It was loud!!!

I'll sing next time. ;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Whatever happens at camp...goes all over the forums?

Who said I mentioned everything?

Actually, if there were orgies I would totally tell.

--

So today/last night was the first time I almost got a full night's sleep in.... forever. Seriously, I haven't been able to get 3 good nights of sleep in a row in almost 10 months.  I'm hoping to change that.

I've been working on my essay a bit yesterday and I don't know what this mental block is all about.  The whole concept of a research paper trying to be all super official and studious feels awkward to me.  I have no experience with this at all.  I've written plenty of bullshit essays in MLA format where I need to painfully find places for quotes; but this semester is a totally separate beast.  It's like they've expected that I've done this plenty of times when I frigging haven't.

Currently, I have 5 sources for my research paper. I need another 5.  I aim to have that done today, as well as some of the abstract written up.  I think what bothers me so much about this is that deep down I KNOW that I'm smart enough to handle this material, it's that I'm stressed to the point that I feel like a frigging baby.

Between lack of sleep and serious anxiety, I don't want to go the drugs route.  The side effects? The dependency?  Ugh.  It makes me queasy.  If other people want to use meds to take the edge, that's fine but I'm at a point where I feel like I have to compromise my personal values to function and that's adding even more unneeded stress.
  • Like 4

Actually, if there were orgies I would totally tell.

One more reason for me to go next year! ;)

So today/last night was the first time I almost got a full night's sleep in.... forever.

Very glad to hear this...I know when I have trouble relaxation or self-hypnosis helps me, it's worth a try... 

• Like 3

Spoiler