• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

MR_Willes: "Awesome, Dude!"

NEW

(Click here if you want the short and sweet version of my challenge)

NEW

"I just want to be: AWESOME"

tommy-lee-jones-dude-really.gif?w=300

Yeah, really!!!

I like it to do awesome things, i love it when people say "Awesome, dude"!

The-Dude.gif

I'm pretty proud of my list of achievements (see signature), i love the feeling i get when people underestimate me, or the expression on their faces when i tell them what i (can) do! Also i really thrive on the encouragements i get when i tell people of plans of doing awesome things, for example the 10K of Jumping Jacks i did in a weekend during a former challenge.

tumblr_mszuy3jFI61spgjlxo1_500.gif

So now i'm trying to set up my challenge to become awesome. My "quests of awesomeness" will be focus around excercising, eating, drinking. That is the way i prioritized them the last few challenges. So time for some hussling up.This time it's gonna be about eating, excercising and drinking.

i_see_what_you_did_there-64879.gif

I-See-What-You-Did-There-GIF.gif?gs=a

"Thanx, I feel so clever, dude!"

I'm a network administrator at work, and work a lot with computer. I myself also work a bit like a computer on some things. Often it's 0 or 1, nothing in between. No "gray areas" For example, more than a decade ago i had the idea to stop smoking, i smoked till i decided to stop, and then just did it. Went from 1 to 0, been clean ever since. Nothing about leaning out of it, slowly smoking less and less, i just stopped. This challenge is gonna be the some way. Just wait, you'll see:

l_d5bfd9080c10f75e121415535733ed22.gif

QUEST of Awesomeness 1:

I have been hovering around the 72 / 73 KG for too long. And now vacation time has added a bit. So it's time to get that off, and push on through! Being around 20% Bodyfat is a lot better than i used to be but it needs "some" more work. The main word in my battle plan here is: accountability!

8667846.gif

I'm hoping you guys will give me the much needed kick in the butt to stay sharp! To be a bit more precise about this i'm gonna regularly post, my weight and once a week a "month"- graph from "The Hackers Diet". That's a place i keep records about my weight. And to get the gory part out of the way this is my most recent "3-month-graph".

wRmfxC3l.png

You see that void, and bump, that was vacation completely taking over. I fell into the same trap as last year. Now i have to recover from that before progress will be made! Next year i'm gonna write a battleplan for that. Last year it took me untill november to compensate for it. Once, okay... but twice... Ugh, i'm just gonna leave it by this. Time to make change! So, i did say, accountability was gonna happen. Here's how: Once a week make a new "month"-graph to see how i'm doing. A habit i created over the last few years is to weigh myself every morning after the first toilet-visit. So i'm gonna include that in my daily updates 

gif_bathroom_bunny300.gif

The Quest itself is gonna be about eating as propely as possible (apap). 4 days out of the week i will be working. So breakfast and lunch can be superhealthy. I really like my egg-breakfast, For the last few weeks my breakfast consits of 2 eggs. Very rarely i add some leftovers from the day before. Lunch at work is gonna be a soup and salad. NO CHEATING, no giving in to the craving-monster!

gimme-gimme-gif.gif

The other days are hard to put a pattern on, normally fridays i will be home alone, wife has to work most fridays, kids will be at school but will have lunch at home. So for breakfast i'm just gonna go ahead with my usual egg-breakfast. Lunch will be about eating some bread with the kids. Reporting a win here will be when i just ate a reasonable amount of bread. Weekend is impossible to schedule this far ahead. So i'm just gonna have to be mindfull about it. So the rules have been layed out, goals have been set, accountability is checked off. I think we are all set!

giphy.gif

Now to add the icing to the cake and make this quest an AWESOME quest. Extra rule. A tolerance of 0 (zero zip nada zilch nothing) snacking in between eating moments. No candy, no cookies, no nuts, no chips no pastry, no not even one... well i think you get the point. Exempt to the rule, snacking on veggies, mini-tomatoes, slices of cucumber, carrots, that sort of stuff, for the real heavy cravings. That would make this quest AWESOME (and achievable, i know i can be that stubborn ass).This quest will be measured on a weekly base.

tumblr_mnem18ZHtq1reokfao1_500.gif

Can say that again, i hope it's enough to make this quest AWESOME!

QUEST of Awesomeness 2:

This his switched priorities with the eating quest.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8612-1374260503-1.g

why? Why?? WHY??? Because i'm getting effing tired of this spare tire i have to bring everywhere i go, and knowing that the formula is 80/20 eating/excercising this has gotten down to prio2. It's still on prio2 though, so stop wetting your panties! And that's final, got it?

giphy.gif

The battle plan to get ready for battle! I'm in the habit if going to the gym at least twice a week, tuesday kickfun and thursday crossfit, which both get my complete shirt soaked, so i'm thinking about keeping that. But i'm doing awesome quests this time, so i have to up the ante a little...

So-what-gif.gif?gs=a

Well, well... well... I'm gonna go back to lifting. If i can't find anything better it's gonna be stronglifts again. But i want to focus a lot more on the upperbody, since i'm a little out of proportion when it comes to muscles, my legs don't need that much work, it's a lot upper strength i'm missing. So i'm gonna do a strength related excercise 3 times a week. That makes for 5 workouts a week. That's starting to sound pretty awesome to me. So here's the icing on the cake: (at least) one workout of pure cardio a week on top of that. That's right 6 workouts a week!

tumblr_m6mmi2Jrlf1qg4ayxo1_500.gif

That still leaves one resting day a week, easy peasy. Just be sure to read the fine print about this quest. Fine print: Having a full time job (or something like that) and a family with some related obligations makes it so that at times life is just gonna happen. The wife has to work on times i want to work out. I'm gonna do my best to keep everything going. When i get real short on time i will do a short workout, cardio will just be a little less long, but i will try to make it a little more intense. Lifting will be about cutting back a little of weight to make the recuperation a lot shorter and finishing earlier. And i already know sometimes i just won't be able to make it. I will address the times and see what the jury will say about it.

giphy.gif

I anticipated something like this...

QUEST of Awesomeness 3:

This is gonna be short and sweet:

giphy.gif

No caloric beverages. Clean, simple, that should be easy enough to follow. So this is gonna be one brutally hard Quest, but that's what makes it awesome at the same time. Because i am a beer lover, all the rest is too easy, but i just really really like the golden juice. Not very healthy, i know, but there is something wrong with everybody, this is my sin. Jeez get over it!!!

eEVmE.gif

But i have to be a bit realistic. I mean in a few weeks i will turn 35, so that needs to be celebrated. As things are looking now i'm gonna have 4 cheatdays:

1. september 19th: celebrating my birthday for all my close friends and relatives

2. september 28th: my actual birthday gonna celebrate with the close family

3. october 3rd: aunt and uncle are having their 40th wedding anniversary

4. october 10th: celebrating my birthday for all of my friends.

These will be the days i can drink. Battle plan for those days is gonna be: start as late as possible. The later i start, the less i drink, easy... (see i really llke easy solutions).

giphy.gif

"i know, sugar" ;)

I'm skipping the lifequest at this time, i think my quests will take enough willpower as it is. Maybe i will join in the Assassin mini challenge and use some extra willpower there. So to conclude this challenge, i'm hoping that all of these things combined will make people say:

"Awesome, Dude!"

Sincerely thank your for reading if you made it this far. I hope you will follow me as i can use all the help and accountability i can get! Rounding up a crew to support me (or kick me when i'm down, fallen of the wagon) would be even better, so spread the word of this awesome challenge!

2c335c76-fa88-11e4-8059-12771640ddce.gif

So hopefully at the end of this challenge i will be able to say:

awesomeness-achieved.jpg

(sidenote, thank you for the "View Auto Saved Content", that made my day!)

• Like 6

Challenge Quick list of Awesomeness:

Quest of Awesomeness 1: Eating properly

Workdays:

Breakfast: eggs

Lunch: salad+soup

Dinner: what the wife makes, mindfull, no binge-ing on pasta and takeouts!

Friday:

Breakfast: eggs

Lunch: Bread, mindfull, no bingeing

Dinner: what the wife makes, mindfull, no binge-ing on pasta and takeouts!

Weekend:

Mindfull, no binge-ing on bread pasta and takeouts!

Extra rule: no snacking in between eating-moments,tolerance of 0, except snacking on veggies

Quest of Awesomeness 2: Excercising

Monday: Lifting

Tuesday: Kickfun

Wednesday: Lifting

Thursday: Crossfit

Friday:Lifting

Weekend: Running

*** Fine print: life will happen, i will deal accordingly

Quest of Awesomeness 3: Drinking

No caloric beverages (which basically means no beer)

4 cheat days because of my birthday and aunt and uncles 40th wedding anniversary:

september 19th / 28th

october 3rd and  10th

For my accountability bit i would like to have as much followers as possible, rounding up some extra followers would be even more appreciated! ;)

Starting stats:

WEIGHT - 74.8 kg

FAT % - 18.8%

FAT MASS - 14.1 kg

FAT FREE MASS - 60.7 kg

MUSCLE MASS - 57.7 kg

TOTAL BODY WATER - 42.4 kg

TOTAL BODY WATER % - 56.7%

BONE MASS - 3.0 kg

• Like 5

I'm thinking about incorporating another thing in my challenge, i have wrote a piece of it in my battle log, i will copy paste here, let me know what you think!

I also incorporated the idea of eating more protein, on a regular base during my time of intensive training next challenge. So i thought of a Battle plan for this, which i'm gonna incorporate in my Challenge, to check it's results over a 6 week timespan. Tonight i will be going to the gym and will do a body composition scan. So i can measure the differences.

Most calculator seem to have the idea that about 100-130 gram of protein will be sufficient for me, now not to overdo it i'm gonna be going with 110g. Since the above is not the only thing i will be eating during the day i'm aiming for about 70% of protein intake from above products which equals to 77gr .So breaking that down in 3 portions equals about 25g per moment.

Protein per moment:

Breakfast: 3 eggs (guesstimate: 3 eggs x 70g = 210g x (13g/100g protein) = 27g protein

Lunch: greek yoghurt (guesstimate: 250g x (10g/100g protein) = 25g protein

Eveningsnack: protein shake ~20g

I'm here rooting for you!  This is gonna be tough but I think you can stay strong and be awesome in this challenge!  The beer will be hard, but its a good thing to moderate so good luck!

Mmm good luck like the protein!  As long as you focus on it, you should be able to hit 77g!  :D

• Like 1

Well, you are already awesome so I guess this will make you Uber-Awesome!  I HAVE to see that.  :playful:

You can totally do the protein thing.  I like to add gelatin (the kind that doesnt gel) into my coffee and tea for a little extra protein.  1 Tablespoon is 6 grams and I sometime have 3 a day. 

Also, if you want to join the Gryffindarlings Accountabilibuddies group I think we are going to have a strong focus on diet plus just trying to help each other be awesome so you would fit right in!!

• Like 4

Also, if you want to join the Gryffindarlings Accountabilibuddies group I think we are going to have a strong focus on diet plus just trying to help each other be awesome so you would fit right in!!

Agreed!!!

• Like 1

I'm here rooting for you!  This is gonna be tough but I think you can stay strong and be awesome in this challenge!  The beer will be hard, but its a good thing to moderate so good luck!

Mmm good luck like the protein!  As long as you focus on it, you should be able to hit 77g!  :D

Always glad to have ya aboard, my poisonous friend (poison translated in dutch is "gif").

I'm gonna need a lot of focus next challenge, the thing that makes it a bit easier for me is the structure behind. Some parts have the hit or miss, on or off part to it, which relaxes my brain a lot (like the no giving in to cravings between eating moments and the no caloric (beer) beverages).

The only thing the makes me a little scared is external influences, AKA "life happens". I'm hoping it will be relatively mild, with that in mind i think i can become awesome ;)

Here for the awesome!

Always glad to have ya, and i have scanned the information about the Texas Method, it looks promising, need to get a bit more into that. Great to have a someone along who is also lifting! I'll be sure to check in regularly on how "we" are doing ;)

Well, you are already awesome so I guess this will make you Uber-Awesome!  I HAVE to see that.  :playful:

You can totally do the protein thing.  I like to add gelatin (the kind that doesnt gel) into my coffee and tea for a little extra protein.  1 Tablespoon is 6 grams and I sometime have 3 a day. 

Agreed!!!

Thanks girls, for all the support AND the invitation ofcourse i accepted! Who wouldn't want to be part of such an awesome group! I just made a post in the topic. I couldn't think of a better squat to cheer each other on!

Now i still have some work to do before my challenge starts.

For one, i'm searching for a superhero. But maybe that needs a little explenation. I'm searching for someone, who i can pull off on. In the first or the second challenge i had a lifting buddy on about the same level as me (Pmyrrh) but i sort of lost track of him and he had some health issues which kept him from lifting. I just found out he did a challenge last time. But aas such i'm searching for a little lifting competition. I feel like the supervilliain who needs a superhero who i can torment with regular updates of how well i'm progressing.

Also i have to do a little more research on the lifting itself, plan is to start again with strong lift, for the simplicity of it. But the aforementioned Texas Method sounds interesting.

Still up to speed with the in-between week. Eating is good, workouts have been consistent (but not at the pace of my challenge yet) and the next couple of days i don't see any problems arising, just yet. ;)

• Like 4

Already have a high regard for you, and you are on the tea list by the looks of the movies you like ;) Good luck with this TOUGH challenge, but I know you can do it. Ooh and you just reminded me that my birthday is also happening this challenge, so I definitely have to have CAKE - gluten free - Banting approved (where possible!).

AWESOME is the word as you have a fantastic place to start from and anything you do evolve into is actually as Lightning put it so well überawesome!!

So cool you joined the Gryffindarlings, yay! Will have to had over there and give a life sign as well ;)

Definitely here to cheer you on and watch this fun

giphy-1.gif?16800

You so got this

And if life gets you busy otherwise that is just "awesome in action" which is what you do it for :)

• Like 1

I feel like the supervilliain who needs a superhero who i can torment with regular updates of how well i'm progressing.

If that's the case my friend, you know I'm willing to throw down for any challenge you need to fight over :P 10K jumping jacks was last time, but if you're trying to do more upper body stuff this time, you name the exercise and I'll find a way to give you a run for your money....

• Like 4

Thanx Trew!!!

I know you are (way more than) capable of giving me a run for my money. I bet i'm not gonna be so lucky to be on the same side three times in a row with the mini. So we will probably  see each other on the playground ;) I was more looking for a lifting buddy, preferably someone who is doing something like stronglifts at about my range. I have had a competition going with someone from the rebellion and that got me insanely motivated, alas, he had some health issues and is not on the same page anymore, and i don't really wanna push him since he was hurt.

Now i just created a accountabilibuddies topic about starting lifters, to see if someone fits the bill, and for people who are starting or are a little more advanced at lifting and want to cheer each other on. I baptized it: B.U.L.B (Becoming Uber Lifting Buddies)

Hopefully someone will come along who i can nag on about how i'm doing with my lifts, and push him/her on ;)

• Like 3

Thanx Trew!!!

I know you are (way more than) capable of giving me a run for my money. I bet i'm not gonna be so lucky to be on the same side three times in a row with the mini. So we will probably  see each other on the playground ;) I was more looking for a lifting buddy, preferably someone who is doing something like stronglifts at about my range. I have had a competition going with someone from the rebellion and that got me insanely motivated, alas, he had some health issues and is not on the same page anymore, and i don't really wanna push him since he was hurt.

Now i just created a accountabilibuddies topic about starting lifters, to see if someone fits the bill, and for people who are starting or are a little more advanced at lifting and want to cheer each other on. I baptized it: B.U.L.B (Becoming Uber Lifting Buddies)

Hopefully someone will come along who i can nag on about how i'm doing with my lifts, and push him/her on ;)

LOL, we'll see if they dare stick us on the same team again. From what I gathered, it's going to be Humans, Hobbits, Elves, and Dwarves.

• Like 3

LOL, we'll see if they dare stick us on the same team again. From what I gathered, it's going to be Humans, Hobbits, Elves, and Dwarves.

They wouldn't dare, would they?

giphy.gif

I relate a lot to the no gray area thing.

Subbed to follow along with the journey to becoming Awesome dood!

Very glad to have you KW! Always good to have you around, work still crazy?

The hard numbers to start with! The stats will also be added to my second post!

Starting Weight: 74,5 KG

Starting Stats

479i6cXh.jpg

Heck, I am only 1cm taller (and a couple years older) than you, and if I were so lucky to have these figures, I'll be ecstatic! Is it running to the parents-in-law's house, or running away that helps? ;)

Hope you find that lifting buddy soon. From your and Trewest's talk, I am so glad I'm not in the Mini's. You two together are "deadly".

• Like 2

does lifting the bodyweight count as well? Will aim for more pull ups and chin ups this challenge along with sit ups while hanging from my hoop, balanced with planks and push ups... some friendly harassing for more would be fabulous here although I guess you'd trample me flat in now time :P

Is the mini up already?? Gosh I will have to get going with my challenge then...

• Like 2

Heck, I am only 1cm taller (and a couple years older) than you, and if I were so lucky to have these figures, I'll be ecstatic! Is it running to the parents-in-law's house, or running away that helps? ;)

Hope you find that lifting buddy soon. From your and Trewest's talk, I am so glad I'm not in the Mini's. You two together are "deadly".

Yeah but there is also the difference of man and woman when it comes to BF%, i do need a lot of work! But i also came a long way (was 87 KG 3 years ago). So while i am happy, it's a WIP which needs some serious buttkicking!

does lifting the bodyweight count as well? Will aim for more pull ups and chin ups this challenge along with sit ups while hanging from my hoop, balanced with planks and push ups... some friendly harassing for more would be fabulous here although I guess you'd trample me flat in now time :tongue:

Is the mini up already?? Gosh I will have to get going with my challenge then...

Ofcourse everything counts! I just finished my stronglifts, went well for the first time, neede a little resetting, but i look forward to wednesday!

I thought i saw something come along in the general, not sure what exactly, have to go and see, see you there ;)

• Like 3

Yeah but there is also the difference of man and woman when it comes to BF%, i do need a lot of work! But i also came a long way (was 87 KG 3 years ago). So while i am happy, it's a WIP which needs some serious buttkicking!

Ofcourse everything counts! I just finished my stronglifts, went well for the first time, neede a little resetting, but i look forward to wednesday!

I thought i saw something come along in the general, not sure what exactly, have to go and see, see you there ;)

Good attitude, we're all WIPs.

• Like 3

Thank you Urgan, how is your lifting going?

Good up until when I decided to be an idiot, take two days off, then do an Intensity Day on Saturday like nothing happened.....oi. I had to invent a new color code for that day's.....performance. On the plus side, all my lifts are in intermediate now? That's good, I guess?

• Like 1

giggles on the color code. Just be careful not to hurt yourself, you'll regret that once you won't be able to lift for a few weeks!

And a question, how (or when) do you classify your lifts as intermediate?

Oow and did you check out: Becoming.Uber.Lifting.Buddies - B.U.L.B ?

(It was black, btw...as in crash and burn, dead. Because red was taken.) I've got mega DOMS, but it's just a case of me walking funny. I'll be good enough for 109lb squats tomorrow, more than likely. 

Several things go into making one an intermediate lifter, here's some criteria:

1. You can't make weight progress of some kind each lifting session (2lbs, 1lb, or even .5lb each session, for example)

2. You have hit the plateau described in number 1 three times, deloaded, and hit the plateau again

3. You stress yourself sufficiently to where your linear progress is crawling (<=1lb gained per session), i.e., gains you make in linear progression are equivalent to what you'd make on an intermediate program

4. If said stress in number 3 is sufficiently hard to recover from that you're still feeling it the next session 48 hours later

5. last, most obvious, and the lagging indicator is if you're currently working on an intermediate-geared program, such as Texas Method

I'm quite sure I'm missing something, but here's what I used to judge my criteria. I hit 1 -3, never really had a problem with 4, however. 

I'll check it out!

• Like 1