• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

MR_Willes: "Awesome, Dude!"

Thank you for your insight. Nailed day 1, and by the looks of it day 2 will be coming along nicely. Daily update in a few moments, have to find the right format to it.

• Like 3

Monday - Week 1

("Monday / Thursday"-format)

Weight in kg: 74,5

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch= Pass

No binge / midnfull dinner = Pass

Evening protein shake = Fail, whey-powder not in yet, hopefully the chicken at dinner was a great enough source of protein.

No inbetween snacking = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

~ 77g protein = Fail, no evening protein shake

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass

Comments:

First day of the challenge, next to the stuff for the protein shake not being in, it was smooth sailing. Tried the greek yoghurt for the first time and it tasted quite nice, i added some Cruesli to it, to make it a bit more interesting. I did have a feeling of being real full all day, not even the teeny tinies bit of hunger just dare to enter my mind. Didn't felt much like working out, i felt more like crashing on the couch and playing some hearthstone or watching tv. But still, after i took the kids to bed i went to the garage and did the lifting workout. Afterwards felt like quite the accomplishment, and i actually look forward to next wednesday when the next session is gonna be. The Stronglifts app suggested i cut all the weights in half because it had been more than a month since i last did a session (beginning of june actually). So that meant: squat: 40 Overhead press: 22,5 and Deadlift 45. I found it a bit harsh and upped it to: squat 60 ohp 35 and deadlift 60. Squat was a lot more demanding than i had anticipated and made me realise i was a bit out of shape. That was a good thing! With the last time i did the stronglift sessions it didn't felt like i was progressing (much), now that i see i have lost some it's clear to me i actually was progressing, thats really good for motiviation!

• Like 4

Some really cool news for my mud run on september 27th. The layout got published! And a small sidenote on the site said that it was the largest mudrun in.the.world! With over 23000 mudrunners. It's gonna be massive!

I'm doing 12KM which is represented by the red line (12K and 34 obstacles):

3JlnvOxh.jpg

• Like 4

Some really cool news for my mud run on september 27th. The layout got published! And a small sidenote on the site said that it was the largest mudrun in.the.world! With over 23000 mudrunners. It's gonna be massive!

I'm doing 12KM which is represented by the red line (12K and 34 obstacles):

3JlnvOxh.jpg

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a blast!

• Like 1

Nice!  Wow that looks like quite the race!  You're gonna have a hell of an awesome (and messy) time!

Also, good on your for working out even when you're were feeling up to it!  Fantastic workout it ended up being too!

• Like 1

Dude, you're awesome!   ;)  Not bad at all for day 1.  Hope your whey protein comes...

And I hope you're not penalizing yourself for not consuming it when it's not yet arrived...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a blast!

I'm pretty sure i will. Two of my best friends are joining me. Both are leagues ahead of me in terms of physique. But i have better stamina. So it's gonna be interesting how we are gonna do. I think it's gonna be a bit like this. The obstacles itself will be harder on me (one of them is something like beast from x-men) but i will recuperate better in between the obstacles on the running part. So i'm hoping that will balance things out.

tumblr_lnb5riLfpY1qcxrpgo1_500.gif

Nice!  Wow that looks like quite the race!  You're gonna have a hell of an awesome (and messy) time!

Also, good on your for working out even when you're were feeling up to it!  Fantastic workout it ended up being too!

Yeah it looks quite good, i'm actually looking forward to being somewhat unalive at the end of it. The more i'm wasted the better it will have been. The workout was a bit of a push true, but that makes for more the satisfaction afterwards!

Dude, you're awesome!   ;)  Not bad at all for day 1.  Hope your whey protein comes...

I actually got an email it should be delivered today. I was going for some pure protein, but i ended up adding a cannister of pre-workout, because i have always been quite curious...

And I hope you're not penalizing yourself for not consuming it when it's not yet arrived...

No i added everything into MFP and it seems that i have come close to my goals. I thought about substituting it, but that meant i would have to eat a ridiculous amount of eggs or yoghurt and it's not that important. So hopefully tonight i can go forward with the plan!

• Like 3

Tuesday - Week 1

Weight in kg: 74

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass / switched this with lunch

Greek yoghurt lunch= Pass / switched this with breakfast

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass

Evening protein shake = Fail, whey-powder not in yet, actually the meat i had was a great source of protein (MFP showed me)

Quest 2

Kickfun = Fail

Updated in B.U.L.B = Not needed with no lifting workout

~ 77g protein = Fail, no evening protein shake, but i did got quite high with the added protein on the meat i had at dinner.

Quest 3

Comments:

Plan was all set up for this tuesday. Breakfast and lunch had to be switched because we were out of eggs at home to bring to work. And i can buy boiled eggs at work. So for breakfast i had the greek yoghurt with cruesli, and for lunch i had the soup/salad with eggs. No problems, fixed up nicely. Dinner came, mother in law was over because the wife had an eveningshift. She cooked for us and i had a bit of potatoes, a large serving of green beans and two veal/porc sausages. I entered it all in MFP and was quite pleased with the overall score. Normally i go to the grouplesson of kickfun on tuesday, but unfortunately that wasn't happening. There was a meeting at school for my eldest (5 year old) about how this year was build up (next year he is leaving kindergarten and going to elementary school) this was about how they are going to be prepping the kids for elementary school. Since my wife had to work i had to go see what it was about. Usually these things take about half an hour, 3/4 hour max! Plan was to come back, scare away the inlaws so i could work out at home. Thought about replacing the kickfun with about 0,5 - 1 hour on the elliptical at a high difficulty. Problem was that i came home more than 2 hours after i left for school. The meeting took about 1 and 3/4 of an hour! So by the time i got home the kids were asleep, my wife came home from here evening shift, and the inlaws were still around. After the inlaws left it was already becoming rather late, i did told my wife i actually wanted to workout on the elliptical (dragging it into the living room to workout). She gave me THE look.

Pick one:

de475eba31f800ec5509b09726301de9.jpg

And i just curled up on the couch for another half an hour, hit the shower and went to bed, feeling a bit bummed out, life already happened on the second day of this challenge....

• Like 1

I just love my gym, maybe you have read that it wasn't possible for me to attend the usual kickfun grouplessons. Now i got this message on my facebook:

Pjon5zql.png

Translated it says:

"MR_Willes because you couldn't attend yesterday. A little training to keep you in shape."

• Like 4

I just love my gym, maybe you have read that it wasn't possible for me to attend the usual kickfun grouplessons. Now i got this message on my facebook:

Pjon5zql.png

Translated it says:

"MR_Willes because you couldn't attend yesterday. A little training to keep you in shape."

HA!  Excellent.

• Like 1

oh hai! your challenge is super intense and I know LIFE HAPPENED but you've got this. IN! also gonna lurk over at BULB, because I'm interested in learning more.

Great to have ya aboard!

Yeah life is life. It's gonna be a mad week, trying to fit in the workouts. I want to, but i'm afraid the situations/time just won't allow all of them. Bummer, but hey, learn to live with it. ;)

I'm pretty sure i will. Two of my best friends are joining me. Both are leagues ahead of me in terms of physique. But i have better stamina. So it's gonna be interesting how we are gonna do. I think it's gonna be a bit like this. The obstacles itself will be harder on me (one of them is something like beast from x-men) but i will recuperate better in between the obstacles on the running part. So i'm hoping that will balance things out.

tumblr_lnb5riLfpY1qcxrpgo1_500.gif

That is awesome, having the group balance out. My brother runs marathons, so I expected him to kick my ass at the cardio part (walking up and down a mountain all day), but because my endurance seems to be more than his, I had to wait for him at times. And he struggled with the obstacles. So... yeah just because someone looks more fit than you, doesn't mean that they'll automatically do better :P

• Like 3

The mudder looks amazing.  I can't wait to hear about it.  My husband and I are looking at starting with something easier like a Warrior Dash.  Got my sights on one next Spring.  I've been watching a new TV show about Spartan Races.  Not sure if it airs where you live but it is really interesting.  Lots of super-human athletes and great back stories.

I like the workout suggestion from your gym.  It actually sounds like a really great routine!  

• Like 1

Wednesday - Week 1

Weight in kg: 73,5

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass / switched this with lunch

Greek yoghurt lunch= Pass / switched this with breakfast

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass, barely, took some real effort not to binge on the Spaghetti Bolognese at the inlaws

Evening protein shake = Pass, woohoo!

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

3x25g extra protein = Pass (total protein 118g)

Quest 3

Comments:

Today was a bit of a busy day, working, eating at the inlaws, fixing a computer at a relative, and finally a workout. But i got it all in. Woohoo, WIN! And my protein came in. Damn, that is a huge box, i thought it was only 2kg of powder but, damn that's a big cannister! I secretly ordered some pre-workout too, because that always intrigued me quite a bit. So when i was home from my nephew i unpacked the stuff and took a pre-workout.

Awaiting the "buzz". Nothing happened, so i started lifting. During the workout there wasn't really anything significant, other than that i felt a little more motivated with each set i did. At the end of the lifting workout i reracked the weights, and was thinking about doing a plank, to see how long i could hold that (did a 5 min challenge once). Because we got a challenge running at the gym, which is gonna take place in the first week of october, and i sort of hinted to the gym instructor to set it up. So the challenge was set up, placed on their facebookpage, and i was mentioned by another member in the first reaction. So i want to do the challenge and need to train a little for it. Planking it was, i set a goal in my mind of making a nice round number, after about 120-150 seconds i set the finishline at 03:20 (200 secondes). And made it, with relative ease. So this looks promising.

After the plank i thought about the pyramid workout that the instructor posted at my facebook (which i shared a few posts back) and thought it would be cool to do that as fast as i could and post a reply on facebook with the time it took me. So i did one set of the pyramid workout, which took me about 06:30 - 06:45 and i was completely exhausted. My weak spot as the pushups and they were killing! The 20 starting, and the pike pushups at the end were brutal, the rest went ay okay.

So i get some couch time after that, sweating like a pig, feeling really good for all the work i did. Thinking back at the pre workout, not feeling the buzz but definetly doing a lot more than i had thought before i started. So maybe it's a placebo effect, or it actually works a little. Don't know what, maybe a little of both, but at the end it felt great.

Today is gonna be a busy day (again). My father inlaw has a celebration of the fact that he has worked 40 years with the same construction company. So i have to leave work a little early and attend it. It's gonna take untill 7 and a quarter past 8 the crossfit starts. So i already let the wife know i would like to attend that. She was not very happy as she don't know how much later (than 7) it's gonna get, and doesn't like such a busy schedule. But hey, i already missed a workout this week. And next saturday i'm celebrating my birthday, so i still don't know how i'm gonna get a workout in...

• Like 5

yay that is so badass awesome that you actually did that workout!!! So cool that they posted it for you, but how about you, man - way to go  :triumphant:

Even one round sounded insane to me and you did it in less than 7 min??

Also great start buddy, with life and everything. I just had to cancel my next hoop lesson for a parent information evening next week at my boy's school...  we have to set priorities and kids definitely are :)

Congrats on all the passes in your meals, with the protein shake, too, yay!

That mud run looks daunting and you will have a blast, I know it. Already excited with you. Go Willes Go!!

• Like 2

Yip, I second LFD, you are doing great!

01000001 01110111 01100101 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100001

I am making notes on your breakfasts and other meals too. I make us a "cooked" breakfast every morning, and hubby wants protein and good fats for lunch times. Luckily we don't do pasta with Banting, so we don't have that enticement any more.

Are you also one of those computer techies who have cupboards full of old computer parts (hard drives, motherboards, sound cards, cables!, etc.) which you just "might" be able to use one day? We have a cupboard full which I now have to clear, because hubby doesn't want to get rid of it. He is a programmer (mainly Delphi, but other languages too), but loves the hardware as well.

I use to have them too, but for me they actually were usefull since in my spare time i went about fixing peoples computer, spare parts came in handy. It was so busy that some people had to wait for 2 weeks before i could schedule in an appointment, but that has been about 8-10 years ago. Computers and the operating systems have matured a lot. Also a lot more people nowadays know how to work with them, so now i only get called for the major catastrophies. No problem, more time for me and my family. I still like hardware, it just shifted in priority, a long way down.

d8045a493bded5a337ef690b5d01ae988b02013e

• Like 2

Pre-workout drinks: my husband swears by them. He uses one to help him power through workouts. I never got into the habit of it because for me I want to try and use my own bodily resources. But then again I fought again protein shakes for the longest time but have since learned to embrace the proteiny goodness.

Way to go on the workout! And of course you know that the only way to get better at pushups is to do MORE OF THEM lol

• Like 2