• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

MR_Willes: "Awesome, Dude!"

Pre-workout drinks: my husband swears by them. He uses one to help him power through workouts. I never got into the habit of it because for me I want to try and use my own bodily resources. But then again I fought again protein shakes for the longest time but have since learned to embrace the proteiny goodness.

I'm in the same boat.  So far protein shakes are a nice fall back. I usually need no motivation for lifting, but on the odd day I do, perhaps some preworkout would be a good idea?    Food for thought.

• Like 1

Pre-workout drinks: my husband swears by them. He uses one to help him power through workouts. I never got into the habit of it because for me I want to try and use my own bodily resources. But then again I fought again protein shakes for the longest time but have since learned to embrace the proteiny goodness.

Way to go on the workout! And of course you know that the only way to get better at pushups is to do MORE OF THEM lol

Yeah i know, but just like most people, i don't like the stuff i'm not good at. So that just means i have to sneak them into some workouts. Eventually i will get there, i hope.

You da man!   :D

tumblr_mopqj8IEOr1s8l4eao1_500.gif

I'm in the same boat.  So far protein shakes are a nice fall back. I usually need no motivation for lifting, but on the odd day I do, perhaps some preworkout would be a good idea?    Food for thought.

For me it was mostly curiosity, (i ain't got no cat), but i'm not sure if it actually works or it's just a placebo effect, still got almost a whole cannister to find out :D

• Like 4

Thursday - Week 1

("Monday / Thursday"-format)

Weight in kg: 73,5

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass / switched this with lunch

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch= Pass / switched this with breakfast

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass, see comments

Evening protein shake = Pass

No inbetween snacking = Not a pass also not really a fail, see sausage roll explenation ;)

Quest 2

Crossfit + AB-workout = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Not needed

3x25g extra protein = Pass (total protein 101g)

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass

Comments:

The busy days just keep lining up. Today it was a small party for my father inlaw who was with the company for 40 years! So i quit work early, speeded home with my new toy, and was just in time to change and pack my stuff to go the gym afterwards. Party was supposed to last till 7, at half past 7 i told my wife i was going to the gym. Warm up with 10 minutes of treadmill (10 km/h). The instructor decided to try something else and made all the different excercises in a small competition, this worked very well, everyone was really motivated and ran, jumped and lifted their ass off! The reason he did this was because the last couple of weeks there we're some girls who were yapping more than they were working out. So it was a great succes, and i'm anticipating more of this for the time to come. When i drove home from the gym i got hungry, so i called my wife to take some dutch sausage rolls out of the fridge. The reason i'm calling them dutch sausage rolls is because these aren't made with puff pastry but with regular bread around it. I don't know how these are called in english. The reason i still was hungry was because at the party i just had a few tapas. Some fish and some deepfried meat. But not nearly enough to count as a whole meal, i thought i would be allright, normally i'm not hungry after workout. Now i was, so i had 2 sausage rolls at home and my protein shake, and mfp said i stayed within my kcal range, so not too shabby.

• Like 4

When i drove home from the gym i got hungry, so i called my wife to take some dutch sausage rolls out of the fridge. The reason i'm calling them dutch sausage rolls is because these aren't made with puff pastry but with regular bread around it. I don't know how these are called in english. The reason i still was hungry was because at the party i just had a few tapas. Some fish and some deepfried meat. But not nearly enough to count as a whole meal, i thought i would be allright, normally i'm not hungry after workout. Now i was, so i had 2 sausage rolls at home and my protein shake, and mfp said i stayed within my kcal range, so not too shabby.

Delicious. They're called "delicious"...lol. Things that fit the description...* thinks *...Other than hot dogs, we have pigs in a blanket where you use biscuit dough instead of pastry...those are pretty awesome. At any rate, sounds like they were called-for, since you really didn't have a true "dinner" and workouts can be just that brutal that you need an extra meal on a normal day, yeah?

Way to go on the workout! And of course you know that the only way to get better at pushups is to do MORE OF THEM lol

Whenever my husband do cycling races (mountain or road 70-100km +) he has protein breakfast, AND I have to put grilled pork sausages in little bags for him to eat during the race. With regards to his training at gym, he doesn't eat or have anything to drink other than water (normally around 5am), but when he gets home he wants/needs a HUGE protein breakfast. That is normally weight training.

• Like 2

The reason i'm calling them dutch sausage rolls is because these aren't made with puff pastry but with regular bread around it. I don't know how these are called in english.

Not sure about the English either, but we call it "stok brood" in Afrikaans, or some of our friends call it "stick bread". That is mainly because we used to make these sausages stuck through a stick lengthwise, with bread dough around them, and grill them over a fire - for camp/ scout / Voortrekkers. Even now in some grocery stores I see they write "stok brood" on labels.

Edit: oh and if it is just like a sausage dog (hot dog) but with proper wors/sausage inside, with the bread cut open, we call it a "boerewors roll" English or Afrikaans. But that's a South African thing ;)

Friday - Week 1

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 73,7

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Bread luch = Pass (mindfull)

Greek yoghurt lunch= Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass, no binge!

No inbetween snacking = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

3x25g extra protein = Pass (total protein 102g)

Quest 3

Comments:

Quick check in. First none workday of the challenge. Went rather well. Didn't hit the macros, but at least not bingeing. Got a lifting session in. All in all a good day. Rest of the day preparing for the party on saturday.

• Like 3

Saturday - Week 1

CHEATDAY as stated in challenge("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 74,7

Skipping the quests because of cheat day!

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = 

Bread luch = 

Greek yoghurt lunch =

No binge / mindfull dinner =

Evening protein shake =

No inbetween snacking =

Quest 2

Lifting =

Updated in B.U.L.B =

3x25g extra protein =

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages =

Comments:

Today was the day i celebrated my birthday with my family, and my best friends. Because i knew a couple of them would stay over to eat, i got up at 04:00 am to put a porkshoulder on the BBQ. It's one of my hobbies. That is so relaxing, no one around till my boy come down at half past 8. Played some Hearthstone. Took the dog to doggyschool (his 5th course). Everything is going great, he's really good (and the rest of the class is too). So that's gonna be a blast. Another 10 weeks till we have exam. After i got home the party started, and all day there were friends and family over. The pulled pork i made was gona in 15 minutes, and everybody complimented me on the taste. It's very unknown around here. I even have to order the meat online because all the butchers over here cut up the meat in another way. I had a blast, but was really tired when i went to bed at about 11:00 pm. Had some pie because my wife made all of them herself, and they are goooooood. Had some pulled pork in the evening, and a couple of beers (but not even about half of what i, for example, drank previous year on my birthday). So not to mindfull dinner, not too mindfull drinking, but hey it was a cheatday after all!

• Like 4

Sunday - Week 1

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 75,1

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass (but switchted this to lunch)

Bread lunch = Big Pass!!! No bread lunch, only had eggs for lunch, which actually is better!

Greek yoghurt lunch = Pass (switched it with breakfast)

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass No binge and mindfull, but still unhealthy dinner.

Quest 2

Running = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Not needed

3x25g extra protein = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Day after the party. Slept a little in. In the morning had my yummy greek yoghurt. After that we took the dog for a walk through the forest. It actually was quite the workout. We took the bike for the kids, and the smalles still has her training wheels on. Now the terrain was not as flat as i presumed, and almost half of the track was in loose sand. I tied the leash of the dog to the bike so i could pull her, when "A" her back wheel couldnt touch the ground because of no flat terrain, and "B" the sand was to loose and it was too hard for her to pedal. So of the 5K i'm quite sure more than half i was pulling a 5 kg bike and 15 kg kid along ;)

Saturday i sort of agreed with one of my friends to do a workout on sunday. It's one of the guys who's coming to the mudrun next sunday. He's a bit taller than me and always has been super athletic. Allthough last years, he still looks athletic but has stamina has come down a bit because of training less and less. Being a little taller and athletic i had my worries he was gonna outrun me, and do the obstacles faster. (insert evil grin) we did a mini obstacle course in our neighbourhood it was a round of 1,25 km with 20 obstacles. We agreed to do 4 rounds and do the even numbered obstacles  in the first/third round and odd numbered obstacles on the second/fourth round. I took lead with the running, started out good with going faster on 75% of the obstacles. After the third round he asked of we could have a break so he could catch up his breath. And so it happened, we waited for a couple of minutes before starting round 4. At the end of round 4 i asked if we should do another, he agreed if we would skip the obstacles and we stopped for a few minutes to catch his breath. I told him to take the lead when running so we could adapt to his speed. It's not fun walking behind someone who only has to do 2 steps when i have to take 3.

wrHpUTO.gif

We ran at about 12km/h and he was totally wasted afterwards. All in all a great succes, i felt great afterwards. Recuperated nice and quick, while my friend still was gassed when he got in his car to drive home.

USER_Vegeta_Super_Saiyan_3.gif

After the run i got home and promised our youngest we could watch a "princess"-movie. So i turned on "Frozen". Hadn't seen it yet, and it was really nice to see. She sat on my lap the whole movie, it was great, some great father-daughter time. I enjoyed that so much!!!

Week recap in a few!!!

• Like 3

So of the 5K i'm quite sure more than half i was pulling a 5 kg bike and 15 kg kid along ;)

Resistance training, get it where you can.

Saturday i sort of agreed with one of my friends to do a workout on sunday. It's one of the guys who's coming to the mudrun next sunday. He's a bit taller than me and always has been super athletic. Allthough last years, he still looks athletic but has stamina has come down a bit because of training less and less. Being a little taller and athletic i had my worries he was gonna outrun me, and do the obstacles faster. (insert evil grin) we did a mini obstacle course in our neighbourhood it was a round of 1,25 km with 20 obstacles. We agreed to do 4 rounds and do the even numbered obstacles  in the first/third round and odd numbered obstacles on the second/fourth round. I took lead with the running, started out good with going faster on 75% of the obstacles. After the third round he asked of we could have a break so he could catch up his breath. And so it happened, we waited for a couple of minutes before starting round 4. At the end of round 4 i asked if we should do another, he agreed if we would skip the obstacles and we stopped for a few minutes to catch his breath. I told him to take the lead when running so we could adapt to his speed. It's not fun walking behind someone who only has to do 2 steps when i have to take 3.

wrHpUTO.gif

We ran at about 12km/h and he was totally wasted afterwards. All in all a great succes, i felt great afterwards. Recuperated nice and quick, while my friend still was gassed when he got in his car to drive home.

USER_Vegeta_Super_Saiyan_3.gif

After the run i got home and promised our youngest we could watch a "princess"-movie. So i turned on "Frozen". Hadn't seen it yet, and it was really nice to see. She sat on my lap the whole movie, it was great, some great father-daughter time. I enjoyed that so much!!!

Week recap in a few!!!

Definitely a Super Saiyan moment. It's funny how we intimidate ourselves, isn't it?

• Like 3

Week 1 RECAP

Hadn't thought about how i am gonna do this...

Here's a thought, i'm just gonna address every "fail" i noted and the excuse for it, and see what i come up with.

Monday

- Evening protein shake: Whey powder wasn't in yet, partially compensated by the chicken at dinner

- 3x25g protein: see "Evening protein shake"

Tuesday

- Evening protein shake: Whey powder wasn't in yet, partially comensated by the meat at dinner

- Kickfun: Had to go to a parent meeting at school, which took from 7 till 9 pm. Afterwards the inlaws were still over and left at about 10 pm. Mentioning having to workout got me "the eye".

- 3x25g protein: see "Evening protein shake"

Thursday / Quest

- No inbetween snacking because i missed a regular dinner i spread dinner out over 2 moments, a little before workout and a little after workout

Saturday

- CHEATDAY!

Okay the whey powder not being in wasn't really much i could do about it. I had thought of alternatives, but next to the eggs and yoghurt i couldn't really think of something with much protein to sub. Maybe try a little harder next time, and ask around here for alternatives.

Not working out on tuesday, next time, i'm just gonna unleash the wrath of the titans upon me, and workout even if i get "the eye".

Spreading out the dinner over 2 moments was not really a biggy, so i'm not gonna count that one.

So for this week i'm gonna give myself an A-

All in favor say "aye"

- "aye"

All against say "nay"

- "[mumbling]"

motion approved:

Week 1: A-

The weight graph and a quick rundown of next week, to kick week 2 into gear:

XOD5nTsh.png

Monday: regular schedule

Tuesday: regular schedule

Wednesday: got stones for my moms garden

Thursday: regular schedule

Friday: no workout because of mudrun on sunday

Saturday: no workout because of mudrun on sunday

Sunday: Mudrun

Explained:

Beginning of the week is gonna be good, no problems there. Have to see how wednesday is gonna work out, if i hauled a couple 100 of stones for my mom's garden there might be a chance i'm gonna skip lifting that day. But i'm trying to do both. Thursday crossfit will be my last workout before the mudrun. Monday to saturday has to be about keeping strict eating and drinking, Sunday is gonna be a weird day, with preparations for the mudrun.

• Like 3

That was a good week 1! As for stones and lifting, it depends on the size of the stones and how much twisting is involved, lol. You might be a little sore thereafter, but perhaps not terribly so?

Resistance training, get it where you can.

Definitely a Super Saiyan moment. It's funny how we intimidate ourselves, isn't it?

I'm having ideas of doing a resistence training like that. We do have a local desert...

Yes it defintely was a super saiyan moment.

Let me show you:

body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg

The guy who looks like something in between 20-25% defeated the guy who looks like a solid 12%.

:D

• Like 3

That was a good week 1! As for stones and lifting, it depends on the size of the stones and how much twisting is involved, lol. You might be a little sore thereafter, but perhaps not terribly so?

IIRC there are 200 stones of about 15KG which i have to load on a wagon and deload them at home. AFAIK now i'm gonna be doing it alone. Another nice thing is that neither at the place where i am going to pick them up as my mom's house a good place to park the trailer. So i'm possibly be carrying them for some distance or gonna be using a wheelbarrow in between (which means i have to pick them up once more) So i'm just gonna see how long it takes me and how tired i get when i get home.

• Like 3

I'm having ideas of doing a resistence training like that. We do have a local desert...

...hmmm...not a bad idea at all...

Yes it defintely was a super saiyan moment.

Let me show you:

body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg

The guy who looks like something in between 20-25% defeated the guy who looks like a solid 12%.

:D

Body fat is a deceptive thing, you are very strong and anybody who doesn't think so is making a mistake, lol...

IIRC there are 200 stones of about 15KG which i have to load on a wagon and deload them at home. AFAIK now i'm gonna be doing it alone. Another nice thing is that neither at the place where i am going to pick them up as my mom's house a good place to park the trailer. So i'm possibly be carrying them for some distance or gonna be using a wheelbarrow in between (which means i have to pick them up once more) So i'm just gonna see how long it takes me and how tired i get when i get home.

Mmkay, might want to pop a pain-reliever BEFORE you start, if that is a thing you do? Be careful, even if you do have DOMS and can't lift the next day!

• Like 4

Mmkay, might want to pop a pain-reliever BEFORE you start, if that is a thing you do? Be careful, even if you do have DOMS and can't lift the next day!

Next day?

No, i was pondering about lifting after i was finished with the stones. :D

Wednesday is lifting day, thursday is crossfit day.

AjFCh3K.gif

• Like 1

Next day?

No, i was pondering about lifting after i was finished with the stones. :D

Wednesday is lifting day, thursday is crossfit day.

AjFCh3K.gif

Okay, two pain-relievers, then, lol. 

• Like 3

Monday - Week 2

("Monday - Thursday"-format)

Weight in kg: 74.3

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch = Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

3x25g extra protein = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Just a standard day, everything went according to schedule. Except that i had to shower the kids. But eating was in order, excercizing went good, and i hit my extra protein. I did felt dogtired after the lifting!

• Like 1

Comments:

Today was the day i celebrated my birthday with my family, and my best friends. Because i knew a couple of them would stay over to eat, i got up at 04:00 am to put a porkshoulder on the BBQ. It's one of my hobbies. That is so relaxing, no one around till my boy come down at half past 8. Played some Hearthstone. Took the dog to doggyschool (his 5th course). Everything is going great, he's really good (and the rest of the class is too). So that's gonna be a blast. Another 10 weeks till we have exam. After i got home the party started, and all day there were friends and family over. The pulled pork i made was gona in 15 minutes, and everybody complimented me on the taste. It's very unknown around here. I even have to order the meat online because all the butchers over here cut up the meat in another way. I had a blast, but was really tired when i went to bed at about 11:00 pm. Had some pie because my wife made all of them herself, and they are goooooood. Had some pulled pork in the evening, and a couple of beers (but not even about half of what i, for example, drank previous year on my birthday). So not to mindfull dinner, not too mindfull drinking, but hey it was a cheatday after all!

Happy Birthday! or Happy Birthday Party!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Happy Birthday! or Happy Birthday Party!

giphy.gif

Thanks, it was indeed my party, my actual birthday is the 28th. That day we will have a nice quiet evening with the close family.

So...how went the rocks? Can you still move, lol?

Rocks are scheduled for tomorrow, i will let you know.

1AAxvHo.gif

• Like 2