• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mr_Willes

MR_Willes: "Awesome, Dude!"

Just a standard day, everything went according to schedule. Except that i had to shower the kids. But eating was in order, excercizing went good, and i hit my extra protein. I did felt dogtired after the lifting!

Standard?  Standard?

image.jpg?w=500&c=1

• Like 2

Tuesday - Week 2

("Monday - Thursday"-format)

Weight in kg: 74.5

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch = Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass (severely limited as i was home from work late i only ate 2 buns with some cheese)

Evening protein shake = Pass

No inbetween snacking = Pass (since i didn't had a proper dinner i was tempted to snack around some after the workout, but refrained myself)

Quest 2

Kickfun = Pass (though i was feeling somewhat weak, maybe it was the 150 squats and 50 pushups i did for the Mini)

Updated in B.U.L.B = Not needed

3x25g extra protein = Pass

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass

Comments:

Just another ordinary day, only thing that was off was that i worked a little late. So dinner wasn't quite what it normally is. I just took 2 buns with some cheese because when i eat heavy right before my workout it hinders me. At the gym i felt a little weak, felt like i wasn't hitting as hard as usual (and so i was told by my sparring partner). Afterwards i felt really tired and had some cravings. Which were dealt with accordingly. Went to bed early as the wife also wasn't feeling all that well. Hoping that a good long sleep (about 7,5 hour) would do me good. Waking up this morning i still felt dogtired. The drive on my way over to work felt "awkward". And i'm not feeling all that motivated at the moment. So a great way to start a day i have to finish with collecting some stones, that's gonna be interesting.

• Like 1

Ohoh be better ASAP!!

You are doing incredibly awesome so far!!!! Love the joy of your Sayan moment :) The importance of celebration can never be overstated in my eyes

Now please be safe with all those rocks and remember we do need you strong in the mines of Moria still. Talking about that - great job man

• Like 2

Thanx! Actually i feel some better now that i have had breakfast, maybe it was just a combination of low food intake, the work in Moria and the kickfun. And my nose and throat aren't feeling all that fine. Hoping that will just pass by.

Some other positive point is that my mom exaggerated with the stones there are only 100-110. They do weigh about 15 kg.

• Like 5

Thanx! Actually i feel some better now that i have had breakfast, maybe it was just a combination of low food intake, the work in Moria and the kickfun. And my nose and throat aren't feeling all that fine. Hoping that will just pass by.

Some other positive point is that my mom exaggerated with the stones there are only 100-110. They do weigh about 15 kg.

I agree tea will help!

Only a 100 stones? Phew! Here I thought it would be something difficult for you to do... (You are master of under-exaggeration). So some lifting after the stones?

I think so, the flaky feeling of this morning is as good as gone. Now, after lunch, I think it seriously was lack of nutrition. Thank god it stopped raining halfway this morning, so tonight a little stone tossing and some lifting afterwards, got to get the gainz ;)

db31d0f2a7f39a355a6990e646997350.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, unless you're majorly sick, food and warm beverages should help you out. Seems like anemia/sickness has been going around quite a bit with the first hints that summer is waning...

• Like 1

Fall allergies have hit hard over here.  It doesn't help that the nice weather makes me want to open all the windows and let the allergens into the house.  

Hope those arms can still handle some push-ups after all those rocks! 

5zawdmihw131ubpljyzpfo74i.320x240x49.gif

• Like 3

giphy.gif

c4db16da62eb4add46291002f54e1f8f-1.jpg

sweating-gif.gif

So something snapped... Yesterday i got up to go to work, walked 5 steps, turned around and got back into bed and slept for another 8 hours! I just called in sick, and tried to do as little as possible the rest of the day. The only thing i did was pick up the kids from school eat and drink. Went to bed early again, just to sleep about 12 hours straight. And i have just awoken from that. Feeling a bit better.

Think i needed a reset or something. I don't know, a bit bummed out that it has to be now when i was going so strong with the challenge. So this means i missed 2 workouts and a day of eating clean. Just gonna do a regular update and will try to pick up the pace as fast as possible. Not to great of preparing for the mudrun on sunday. But hey:

large.gif

It'll just have to do!

So i'm gonna pick up the kids from school in a few, have lunch, bring them back and do a lifting workout. Hoping to be back on course ASAP.

• Like 1

Wednesday - Week 2

Weight in kg: 74

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass

Evening protein shake = Fail (see comments)

No inbetween snacking = Pass (declined all the goodies i got offered by my best friend)

Quest 2

Lifting = Fail

Updated in B.U.L.B = Nope

3x25g extra protein = Fail

Quest 3

Comments:

Everything was smooth-sailing until evening. It was raining cats and dogs! And my mom called, and told me to leave the stones alone, with all the rain, it would have made such a big mess of everything she would rather have it a week postponed. Problem with that was that i had told my best friend i would do some computerwork for him next week. So i called him and asked if i could come that evening, and he said no problem, which is odd, cause usually he is superbusy! So i went home, had dinner and took off to my friends to work on the computer. All in all a good evening, since i got the site2site VPN working and it's always a little bitch getting those things up and running. Unfortunately by the time i was done it was getting rather late and as we don't see each other that often we had to catch up on some stuff which made it even more late. By the time i got home i just couldn't do another lifting session, and on top of that i forgot to take my evening protein shake. Went off straight to bed within ten minutes of coming home. I was well aware that i missed lifting, but thought of sneaking in a session before the crossfit on thursday...

• Like 1

Thursday - Week 2

Weight in kg: 73

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass (though it was more like lunch time when i had finally woken up and had it)

Soup and salad lunch = Fail (was not at work, as i had called in sick)

Greek yoghurt lunch = Fail (already had eggs after lunch time)

Evening protein shake = Fail (didn't felt like that at all)

No inbetween snacking = Pass 

Quest 2

Crossfit = Fail

Quest 3

Comments:

As i have mentioned earlier, i called in sick today. Woke up to get to work, got out of bed, but only made it a few steps and went back to bed. Called in sick at work. And slept for a long time, till about 2 pm. After that i got the kids from school and just layed low all day. Only thing i did was lay on the couch and drink and eat some.

• Like 1

I was looking at the mini this morning thinking, "huh, Mr Wiles hasn't done as much as usual. I hope he's ok."  Just want you to know that you're a badass even when sick.  Feel better soon!

• Like 1

Thank you very much. Yeah the last 2 days haven't been real productive. I did a little today, but i don't want to overdo it. With mudrun coming up sunday. The stronglifts showed me the being sick has nibbled on my strength and stamina. Actually it was quite funny. Loading the barbell up with a total of 70 KG. Squatting down, AND, staying there... Nope, this isn't going to work. Got about 10 kg of of it and try again. Maybe next week a little better.

Another thing that has been bothering me today was the fact that my gear, which i ordered tuesday, hadn't come in yet. So i viewed the track and trace on the order and it seems i forgot a piece of address. So it's all going back to the store. No way it's gonna end up at my place before sunday. So i emailed the store if there was anything to do about it. Seems they have got a warehouse near where i live (about an hour drive). And i can go there tomorrow to see if they have the same stuff in stock! Really good service!!! So hoping that's gonna work out. Here's the stuff i ordered:

V5ProdWithBadge8-429x392.jpeg

and

V5ProdWithBadge1.jpeg

Now the only thing i need is the body to go with that...

Actually i think my legs arent too far off, but the body:

lmao-gif.gif

• Like 2

Fall allergies have been kicking my ass.  I drink a ton of tea, almost every night now cause it makes me feel better.  Ginger tea especially helps when my stomach is having issues.  Man, definitely enjoy the rest while you can cause you need it!  Better for the body to get all well before you go back to kicking ass I think!

Also, cool gear!  Under Armour is awesome.

• Like 2

Man, definitely enjoy the rest while you can cause you need it!  Better for the body to get all well before you go back to kicking ass I think!

Also, cool gear!  Under Armour is awesome.

THIS! You definitely need to rest when your body shouts at you to cool it a bit.

I've been to the warehouse. I even could try them on for size, now ive got a shirt L and pants M. Super happy.

Bring on the mud!

giphy.gif

As it is Sunday here already, I really hope you are ok for the Mudrun. Nice gear you got, and that is really good service. Enjoy yourself, in the end that is what counts the most ;):loyal:

• Like 2

Friday - Week 2

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 73,3

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass (though it was a little late)

Greek yoghurt lunch = Fail, had pancakes with the kids

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass (made a very healthy dinner)

Evening protein shake = Fail (just forgot)

No inbetween snacking = Pass 

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass (i did deload a little as i didn't felt that strong after being out for 1,5 day

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Slept in late again (a nice 12 hour sleeping streak). Wife had to work evening shift, so i took care of the kids today, and got an easy lifting session in. Squatting made me realise i wasn't on my A-game. Loaded it up with the 70KG i should do, went down, and stayed there... Time to deload a little. First time i could use the bench for benchpressing, felt good and solid. Had a very healthy dinner, which is a big win because i had to make it myself and i usually i like to make something tasty (most of the times also unhealthy). And had a quiet time, watching some TV. I also did some work on the mini with pushups that day.

• Like 1

Saturday - Week 2

("Weekend"-format)

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Fail i overate on the rice, stimulated by the thought of getting lots of energy for the mudrun next day

Evening protein shake = Fail (just forgot)

No inbetween snacking = Fail (had an egg roll at the party)

Quest 2

Resting day: Pass

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass, big deal, went to a party with heavy drinking. And i could say, everybody understood as they knew the next day i had the mudrun.

Comments:

Getting back into the usual habits. Slept in a little. Had usual breakfast. Went to doggyschool. Picked up my new outfit for the mudrun. Picked up my mom as she had to babysit in the evening to go to a party. Had rice for dinner, which i had 2 big plates. Overdid it a little, made it right in my mind by saying i needed the energy for tomorrows mudrun. Went to the party had no drink, but couldn't refuse an egg-roll.

• Like 1

Sunday - Week 2

("Weekend"-format)

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass (actually 4 eggs with some bread and ham)

Lunch = Pass, mindfull, my friend brought some pasta to get some last minute energy for the mudrun

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass (on the way back from the mudrun we stopped at McD's. I wasn't feeling very hungry, so i only ordered a BigM. That was it, no drink, no fries, no nothing just that.

Evening protein shake = Fail Was home late

No inbetween snacking = Pass, though i did all sorts of snacking that day, all was good and meant to gain or regain some energy

Quest 2

Mudrun: Pass (it was great!!!)

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass, not counting the 0% alc. Fruit Beer i had after the mudrun.

Comments:

The day of the mudrun. I was so hyped for my first mudrun. All went great. When my personalised photo's are up i will dedicate a post to it. Went with 2 friends, it was an 2 hour drive. We had a blast and agreed to participate in several others next year There are at least 7 BIG mudruns next year. We are in the process of sorting out which we want to do.

• Like 2

Week 2 RECAP

I'm addressing every "fail" i noted and the excuse for it!

Monday

- All Pass!

Tuesday

- All Pass!

Wednesday

- Evening Protein shake: Spent all evening at my friends house, building a S2S VPN connection. Got home really late, forgot the shake

Thursday

- Soup and salad lunch: i wasn't at work because i called in sick

- Greek yoghurt lunch: Had my eggs 2 hours after lunch time, cause i slept till 2 pm, didn't felt like having some yoghurt between that and dinner

- Crossfit: Wasn't feeling up to it, besides that i don't go working out when i call in sick at work, something with morals.

- Evening protein shake: I thought about it, but when i looked down my stomach made it clear that nothing like that was coming in!

Friday

- Greek yoghurt lunch: Had pancakes with the kids

- Evening protein shake: Another episode of "the forgotten shake"

Saturday

- No binge / mindfull dinner: I overate on the rice, with the excuse i could use the calories in the mudrun, 2 large plates, as just too much!

- Evening protein shake: I'm starting to sense a pattern here.... (forgot)

- Inbetween snacking: The first fail here, i fell for an egg roll at the party (and it was goooooooooooood)

Sunday

- Evening protein shake: Was home late from the mudrun, did some laundry, and headed straight to bed was dogtired!

To summarize:

Forgetting the protein shake is a thing, got sick and the mudrun happened...

So for this week i'm gonna give myself a B

If anyone has any objections speak now or forever hold your peace...

No one?

Week 2: B

The weight graph and a quick rundown of next week, to kick week 3 into gear:

DnZDt98h.png

Monday: Cheatday! (Birthday)

Tuesday: regular schedule

Wednesday: get stones for my moms garden (again ;) )

Thursday: regular schedule

Friday: regular schedule

Saturday: 40th year wedding anniversary of aunt and uncle

Sunday: regular schedule

Explained:

Monday is "gonna be"  a big cheatday, eat all the food, drink all the drink. Saturday will be some mild drinking. Rest of the week should be on schedule!

• Like 1

Monday - Week 3

CHEATDAY!!!!

Weight in kg: unknown

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = 

Soup and salad lunch = 

Greek yoghurt lunch = 

No binge / mindfull dinner = 

Evening protein shake = 

No inbetween snacking =  

Quest 2

Lifting = 

Updated in B.U.L.B = 

3x25g extra protein = 

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = 

Comments:

This was my birthday. A really relaxing day! Got up with the wife and kids, had some bread for breakfast. Brought the kids to school. Went with the wife to the supermarket, bought all sorts of yummy stuff. The rest of the day we were preparing all sorts of small dish for the family that would come at the end of the day. We had a blast, ate everything drank a few nice belgian beers. And went to bed on time, feeling exhausted! Oow and almost forgot to mention that i managed to get a lifting session in, right before the guests arrived!

• Like 1

Tuesday - Week 3

Weight in kg: 75,7 (ouch)

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Evening protein shake = Pass

No inbetween snacking =  Pass

Quest 2

Kickfun = Pass (though i had to sub it with some elliptical work, because the wife had an evening shift

3x25g extra protein = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Kick it back into gear! All "PASS" day! Wachted some dragonball during my elliptical workout. Which was about half an hour. But since i had been a zombie all day (second days are worse) i'm proud i still did the workout!

• Like 2