No inbetween snacking =  Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Fail

Updated in B.U.L.B = Not needed

3x25g extra protein = Pass

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass

Comments:

Everything went fine till about dinner, my sister was taking me out for sushi as a birthday present. So we had a really nice sushi dinner. I ate a lot, but not to the point i would say i binged, but also, that's hard to say with all those little dishes. Mostly it was rice fish and meat. So i'm feeling quite good about it. Got home rather late and (as i predicted) i didn't got the lifting workout in. Booo, on the drive home i was thinking about it, but when i got home my wife was on the couch and i just got next to her and that was it. I should have just got up changed clothes and push out a workout. Why didn't i... 

• Like 1

So you're volunteering yourself as the Dwarven Champion eh? Tooo bad I am still in Plague Town or else I would jump at the chance to PVP you as the Hobbit Champ. Alas, I AM SICK.

The fates are determined to keep us from fighting off eh?

• Like 1

Looks like this week is being destroyed thanks to you awesomeness!  Even with the unlimited sushi!  The good thing is that you didn't binge, you ate and enjoyed it!  I'd enjoy a ton of sushi too!  Mmm yummy!

Also for missing a workout, eh, no big deal I think.  I'm sure you'll have a kickass work out next time :D

What a rock steady performance you are putting in!

Don't think of it as a missed workout, think of it as recuperating before you take on more jumping lunges! Dwarf champion is a great title! Can you get family and friends to start addressing you as the Dwarf champion? :)

• Like 1

So you're volunteering yourself as the Dwarven Champion eh? Tooo bad I am still in Plague Town or else I would jump at the chance to PVP you as the Hobbit Champ. Alas, I AM SICK.

The fates are determined to keep us from fighting off eh?

Yeah, and at first i found that a good thing, because some of the numbers you put up are really terrifying for me. But with this 5 min. amrap burpees i think i have stood a chance! Not that finding the name Tox in the sheet was any more pleasant btw. ;) I guess it will be for another day (again!). At least this time we aren't on the same team ;)

Looks like this week is being destroyed thanks to you awesomeness!  Even with the unlimited sushi!  The good thing is that you didn't binge, you ate and enjoyed it!  I'd enjoy a ton of sushi too!  Mmm yummy!

Also for missing a workout, eh, no big deal I think.  I'm sure you'll have a kickass work out next time :D

Some awesome stuff happened and some less awesome stuff happened. All in all not too shabby week. You will see in the week recap.

What a rock steady performance you are putting in!

Don't think of it as a missed workout, think of it as recuperating before you take on more jumping lunges! Dwarf champion is a great title! Can you get family and friends to start addressing you as the Dwarf champion? :)

Whahaha roflmao, no, not really. They already think i'm bonkers when i do workouts at odd times of the day or at odd places. I did tell my instructor at the gym about the champion-challenge we had, when i still didn't know what it would be at that time. He looked at me a bit odd, and i told him about the fun stuff we do around here and the cool things you read of some people. For example, the one time Tox posted his neighbours might have looked a bit odd when he was doing lunges (i believe) in between of painting the fence at his house. I think stuff like that are hilarious. But i don't have the guts to do something like that. Or the stuff Trewest has going with the guys at the gym, or doing workouts at the workfloor. I admire their levels of selfesteem!

Oow and i already told in the Assassin challenge threads but haven't mentioned it here:

I bested my PR of the plank from 05:00 to 07:02 in the ab-challenge at the gym. The challenge also consisted of AMRAPs of crunches and leg lifts.

Crunches i got to 305 and leg lifts to 100. I could have gotten both a bit higher. The problem with the crunches were my neck muscles. It felt like my head was following my upperbody like on a rubber band. So if i just helf my neck the last couple of crunches or periodically during the attempt i might have gotten higher. (not that i would have finished first, the record was above 500).

And the leg lifts were done after i did a (relatively easy) 10 minute run on the threadmill. But afterwards looking at the scoresheet i saw that if i pushed out a couple more (about 10) i would have been 3rd instead of 6th or 7th. So that was a bit of a bummer.

The plank time i had to beat was 06:05 so for a moment i was #1. But there is this killer lady who is not completely sane (don't know if this is the nice way to say that, but she's just a bit, euhm "simple?", well i think you get the point). Who came in right after me, and she was ahead at all 3 last time she left. So the first thing she did was broke my plank time by 5 seconds (though the performance wasn't nearly as good as mine, i was told by the instructor, bent back and bent legs, and a lot of grunting the last minute). But we gave here the benefit of the doubt because, well, "it's her" and she's someone who just keeps on trying, even if she get's hurt by it.

Adjusting my signature now.

Thursday - Week 4

("Monday - Thursday"-format)

Weight in kg: 75.8

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch = Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass

Evening protein shake = Pass

Quest 2

Crossfit = Fail

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Fail

Comments:

Again a standard day untill dinner. This time it was going out to eat with colleagues. We went to the greek. No binge and mindfull dinner. But i did had one (greek) beer. By the time i wanted to leave to go to the gym my main course was being served. So that wasn't going to happen. Went home as one of the first because i wanted to do a lifting session at home. But when i got home i saw a familiair car in front of the house. The inlaws were over. So doing the workout was skipped, which bummed me out a bit, again! And together with that i totally forgot to have the protein shake.

• Like 1

Friday - Week 4

Weight in kg: 75.4

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass (though it was substituted by stuff for the ab-challenge at the gym)

Quest 3

Comments:

It was a bit of an odd day. The kids wanted to stay at school so i didn't have to pick them up and bring them back at the end of the morning. So after i brought them to school in the morning i got home, cleaned up a little and packed my bags to go to the gym. It was almost the last day of the ab-challenge there. You can read how i did there a couple of posts back. Solid numbers: 07:02 plank time, 302 amrap crunches, 100 amrap leg lifts. Went to my mom after that to talk a little and had lunch there. Did some gardenwork there, and went to an uncle to look at a broken laptop. (really broken, bsod 9 out of 10 times before entering desktop). Rest of the day was pretty standard. 

• Like 2

Monday - Week 4

Weight in kg: 74.8

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass (was a great session!)

Updated in B.U.L.B = Forgot! (have done in between :) )

Quest 3

Comments:

Really solid standard day. Worked, had healthy dinner at home. Took the kids to bed. BTW, too cute, my daughter was sleeping against me, she was not feeling really well and was tired. So she slept half an hour before bedtime, watching tv with me. Leaving a stain on my shirt, just too cute. Did a great lifting session afterwards. Felt very motivated, everything went fine. Watched some more DB!

Ah cuteness! Isn't it an awesome feeling when they curl their little bodies against you, showing love, trust and faith in you as parent?

You did great on that ab-challenge by the sounds of it. Way to go with everything!

• Like 1

Saturday - Week 4

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: unknown

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Evening protein shake = Fail

Quest 2

Rest day = Fail which actually is a Pass (had to catchup on lifting) and in the morning the champion challenge (5 min. amrap burpees)

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

3x25g extra protein = Fail

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Fail

Comments:

Started the morning with the champions challenge. Burpees amrap in 5 minutes. That is just murder! Started of great, but completely derailed at the end. Had to break 51, that was the Hobbit score by Toxophilite. Did 70 and was completely wasted! Up to the point i crawled to the couch, laid down, and tried to keep everything in. But 70 was the number i was leading with. Went to doggy school, which was great because we made some real progress. The youngest one was taken to bed, because it had a long evening ahead, the oldest one went lifting with me. Try to teach him about posture and that it's the single most important thing, not only with lifting but also in every day life. Don't know if i got through to him, but at least next time he will hear it again, hopefully realizing that it is important. Lifting session felt really good! In the evening we were gonna eat out with the inlaws. Meanwhile the kids would stay at my mom. So it was a nice dinner with the inlaws. Eating was very good, no bingeing and really mindfull, except for that one beer i had (herfstbok - ?autumn bock beer?). Forgot to take the protein shake when we got home rather late.

Ah cuteness! Isn't it an awesome feeling when they curl their little bodies against you, showing love, trust and faith in you as parent?

You did great on that ab-challenge by the sounds of it. Way to go with everything!

Thank you. Somehow in my mind i can't find enough time to excercise. But when i note everything here, i am doing a multitude of stuff i did a few years ago.

And it is the best feeling in the world. Thank god for my cuddly little princess daddies girl.

anigif_optimized-29572-1434642333-3.gif

• Like 1

Saturday - Week 4

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 75.4

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Quest 2

Running = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Started the day of with a run on an empty stomach (which is really the best way to run!) 12K just over an hour (11,5 km/h). Rest of the day was really easygoing. Slept a little on the couch in the afternoon. Just before we got some visitors. A nephew of my wife with his girlfriend. They just found they are gonna be parents, in about 9 weeks. So they needed all sorts of stuff. My wife has kept everything we bought when we had our little ones. So they came over to look at it. Good news, they want it all! I was double-pleased. An easy way to clean up and it put an end to the "should-we-have-a-third" debate. Which now is ruled in my favor! Only downside is that i have to go shopping next weekend for some new stuff for our youngest.

Week 4 RECAP

I'm addressing every "fail" i noted and the excuse for it!

Monday

- All Pass!

Tuesday

- All Pass!

Wednesday

- Lifting: Fail, home late, after sushi dinner, and wasn't motivated.

Thursday

- Crossfit: Fail, was too late for the grouplesson, inlaws were over which kept me from working out at home.

- No caloric beverages: Fail, had a beer at the greek restaurant, with my colleagues.

Friday

- All Pass!

Saturday

- Evening protein shake: Got home late, went straight to bed.

- No caloric beverage: Had a (delicious beer) at the restaurant.

- Rest day: Fail, subbed this with the missed workout! To make one right!

Sunday

- Protein shake: Wasn't feeling all that well, after the (mindfull) pizza, so skipped it.

To summarize:

Missed 2 workouts, but made up one. Had 2 caloric beverages, 2 beers at special occassions. Maybe the no beer is a bit strict. But for now a fail. Didn't take the protein shake 2 times, one of those was deliberately.

Short and sweet: 1 missed workout, 2 missed protein shakes and 2 beers. Not too shabby on a week where i had 3 special occassion dinners (which also effed up my workout schedule)!

So for this week i'm gonna give myself a A-

And so it will be chizzled in stone:

FLINTSTONES+CAMERA.png

Week 4: A-

The weight graph and a quick rundown of next week, to kick week 5 into gear:

louiJHy.png

Monday: regular schedule

Tuesday: alternate workout, wife has to work late

Wednesday: regular schedule

Thursday: regular schedule

Friday: regular schedule

Saturday: regular schedule

Sunday: regular schedule

Explained:

This week is time for my A-Game!!! Go out with a bang, aiming for 2 A weeks in a row. The first one has to be possible, even thinking about somehow making it a A+ week.

StayTuned.jpg

Monday - Week 5

Weight in kg: 75

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass (was hard!)

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Starting this A-week strong!!! Was feeling not quite on point, slept a lot yesterday also. Maybe this is the starting of something...

Tuesday - Week 5

Weight in kg: 74.4

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Quest 2

Kickfun = Pass (subbed with 400 leg lifts)

Quest 3

Comments:

I consider this day to be a terrible WIN! I was feeling quite bad. Stomach was acting up and spent more time in my little office than i otherwise do in a week. Still managed to keep most of my quests up. I had to sub my usual kickfun night because the wife had to work late, but actually this was just right for this day, i probably wouldn't have went anyways, feeling the way i did. The only thing that slipped was the protein shake, by the time i was done with my leg lifts in the evening it was crash time, i hit the couch and only came off to get to bed, me and my stomach weren't particularly motivated to down a protein shake. But if that's the only thing that suffered than i consider this day to a big WIN!

foYqF.gif

See! ;)

• Like 1

Hey, sometimes your stomach is the boss. No sense forcing the issue or you might be seeing that shake again real soon...good job managing to hit your goals around gut distress. 

• Like 2

Did some work for an unofficial mini challenge for the assassins. Before and during my stronglifts workout. Had some help from other assassins (thanx Tox and Stars). I had a blast!!!

For me worth of capturing the moment:

5r2DZjZl.jpg?1

The cap is on backwards because: Bad hair day + OHP

(.... somehow i'm having some wobbly legs, don't know if the squat + deadlift + walking lunges + jumping squats have something to do with it)

• Like 1

Wednesday - Week 5

Weight in kg: 74.1

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass (but just barely, there were no good salads, so i had a potato-salad and a bun)

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass (just did it)

Quest 3

Comments:

I had a blast today. All pass day, even did some extra (mini challenge) work after my lifting session. Just posted the unofficial mini challenge, went lifting, got the spreadsheet finetuned by Tox and Stars. It was great fun, and very rewarding to see those assassins hitting even this unofficial challenge with all they got! Only downside was, i was awake for more than an hour after going to bed too late. It was the pre-workout which was keeping me awake. So i had less than 5 hours of sleep.

And some seriously bad news this morning. One of my friends who did the mudrun with me is in the intensive care. He got sick friday, and it just got worse and worse. Doctors are thinking it's leptospirosis, because of the mudrun we did.

Leptospirosis is common among water-sport enthusiasts in specific areas, as prolonged immersion in water promotes the entry of the bacteria. Surfers and whitewater paddlers[21] are at especially high risk in areas that have been shown to contain the bacteria, and can contract the disease by swallowing contaminated water, splashing contaminated water into their eyes or nose, or exposing open wounds to infected water.[22]

He's getting tested, and i asked his wife to share the results of the test with me once they are in. So now it's a wait-and-see game. Thank god i'm feeling better now, if i got this news monday/tuesday when i was feeling a little sick, i would have been scared shitless!

Symptoms can range from none to mild such asheadaches, muscle pains, and fevers; to severe with bleeding from the lungs or meningitis.[4][5] If the infection causes the person to turn yellow, have kidney failure and bleeding, it is then known as Weil's disease.[5] If it causes lots of bleeding from the lungs it is known as severe pulmonary haemorrhage syndrome.[5]

• Like 2

Glad your feeling better and doing so great. Sorry to hear about your friend. I was going to ask whether your tummy-trouble wasn't connected with the mudrun. We have the Midmar Mile (swim) closeby every year, and I can't tell you how many people struggle afterwards because of bacteria in the water!

Thursday - Week 5

Weight in kg: 75

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass (but just barely, there were no good salads, so i had a potato-salad and a bun)

Quest 2

Crossfit = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Average day. FIL came over after dinner. 

• Like 1

Friday - Week 5

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: unknown

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch = Fail

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Just did

Quest 3

Comments:

I was short on time all day, so i didn't take time to eat my protein yoghurt. I did do my stronglifts and shake in the evening. Not too bad a day!