No inbetween snacking =  Pass

Quest 2

Rest day = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Not needed

3x25g extra protein = Pass

Quest 3

No Caloric Beverages = Pass

Comments:

Another busy day, did a little on the unofficial mini, but not enough to make it count as a workout. Went to the doggy school. After coming home we went to a large warehouse to buy some cabinets. Ate at my mom, had a quiet evening on the couch. Didn't forgot the shake!!!

• Like 1

Sunday - Week 5

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: unknown

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Greek yoghurt lunch = Pass

No binge / mindfull dinner = Pass

Evening protein shake = Pass

No inbetween snacking =  Fail

Quest 2

Running = Fail

Quest 3

Comments:

Was thinking about going for a run, but since we had bought some cabinets for the children's room i figured i would start with that and go running when there was time left. So i started "screwing" around at about 10:30am and was completely finished at 08:00pm. Only had lunch, dinner and some tea in between. Also got a nice stretch in, screwing in all sorts of impossible postures. Didn't felt like running as i was glad i was finished.

Week 5 RECAP

I'm addressing every "fail" i noted and the excuse for it!

Monday

- All Pass!

Tuesday

- Protein shake: my stomach wasn't feeling up to it, i hadn't felt that great all day, and still manage to PASS everything else!

Wednesday

- All Pass!

Thursday

- All Pass!

Friday

- Greek yoghurt lunch: It was such a busy day that i didn't found the right moment to insert that.

Saturday

- All Pass!

Sunday

- No inbetween snacking: I grabbed a cookie i was being teased with by my eldest. He didn't expect that, cause i normally don't eat anything that resembles cookies. It was just for fun. But this still managed to fail my quest. Fair is fair.

- Running, was subbed by constructing a total of about 27 packages from ikea, which took me all day! My back felt that and i got into all sorts of positions which in normally don't do, so i got a nice stretch with that.

To summarize:

Missed one protein shake and one greek yoghurt lunch, missed one workout and had a cookie. This is starting to look quite AWESOME!

So for this week i'm gonna give myself a A

HmdHDR5.jpg

Week 4: A

The weight graph and a quick rundown of next week, to kick the final week into gear:

OM63Rwe.png

Monday: regular schedule

Tuesday: Training for the job

Wednesday: regular schedule

Thursday: regular schedule

Friday: regular schedule

Saturday: helping out a buddy with some demolitioning

Sunday: regular schedule

Explained:

I really have to go out with a bang, if i want to consider myself AWESOME. Because doing a quests with too much B's in it is not really an awesome thing to do. So it has to be an A at least!

tumblr_mu5t5dHc7N1rct5eno1_400.gif

• Like 1

Monday - Week 6

("Monday - Thursday"-format)

Weight in kg: 75,1

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Updated in B.U.L.B = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Just a standard solid day. Only had a problem with my left knee. I misplaced going up the stairs, and now i have sharp pain when i put pressure on it while bending. So i skipped the squatting. This is not the first time, so not really a problem. I just have it occasionly (a few times a year) and it will go away in a couple of days.

• Like 1

Tuesday - Week 6

Weight in kg: 73.8

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Fail

Greek yoghurt lunch = Fail

Evening protein shake = Fail

Quest 2

Kickfun = Fail

3x25g extra protein = Fail

Quest 3

Comments:

I had a training, and i wasn't really close. It took me a 2 hour drive to get there, and a 2 hour drive back. Lunch was taken care of there. So thats why i skipped the soup and salad lunch and the greek yoghurt. I could have taken it with me, but took the easy way out (no regrets). Not being able to workout was a bit of a bummer. Though the reason for it is quite legit. The drive home took so long that i would have been late to the group lesson. And in the afternoon i got a call from my friends wife, she said there was time for me to visit him at the hospital. It was the guy who got sick after the mudrun. So i felt quite good going there and paying him a visit. I know most people in the hospital like getting visitors because being there is apparently quite boring. So as soon as i heard he was in there i texted his wife to let me know when he would get no visitors and today was that day. We had a nice talk about what had happened. He was feeling much much better, and probably will be coming home today. So great news. Too bad i wasn't at work, if i was i could have printed out a sign-in-form for the next mudrun. He can really appreciate such jokes. We did talk about joining the next time. I told him, if the chances of contracting this disease are so low, how low are they gonna be for contracting it twice in a row? So why not sign in for the next...

• Like 3

He's one of my best friends. He can certainly appreciate something like that, and they expect something like this from me. So not to worry. The knee feels a bit better. Tonight will be stronglifts again, and in between will be mountainclimbers for the mini. I'm presuming this isn't going to aid my stronglifts that much but we'll see how it goes. Reporting in numbers tonight!

• Like 2

Wednesday - Week 6

Weight in kg: 74.1

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Evening protein shake = Fail

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Damnit, i so wanted this to be an all pass day! I just completely forgot the protein shake, which is odd, cause normally i never forget that after my lifting session. I return from my garage, fill up my bottle because it's (almost) empty and i remember i have to fill it with a protein shake. Yesterday my phone died during the workout, and i was on call for work. So when i got in, first thing i did was give it juice. It was quite a demanding sessions with all the mountainclimbers in between. Looking back i did 900 (left and right) mountain climbers in between my stronglifts. And i could felt that afterwards, i was completely done for.

• Like 2

Thursday - Week 6

Weight in kg: 74.5

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Soup and salad lunch = Pass

Quest 2

Crossfit = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Score, an all pass day. It was a little bit of an odd day. Working and going straight to a party. So dinner was replaced by a cup of really good filled pee-soup and as desssert a  piece of prunecake and some toasts with different kinds of cheese. Went to the Crossfit, second time i felt exhausted at the end of the lesson. I have to keep my focus on cardio! But nonetheless an all pass day!

Friday - Week 6

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: unknown

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Pass

Quest 2

Lifting = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Today was:

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-le

i had a heavy breakfast lunch and dinner, and topped that off with the protein shake at the end of the day.

Did the lifting session combined with the mountainclimbers to push out a victory in the mini challenge! It was one heavy training, but hey, eat hard train hard! All in all a good day.

Yeah on the mountain climbers! I was soooo glad to finally be on the same team. Seems like winning follows you :)

I was really glad the hobbits didn't pull a "gryffindarling" on me. Checking the spreadsheet with the last climbers was nerve wrecking! 

tumblr_mh12jzCIvI1rjs5ddo1_500.gif

You kicked all the ass. All of it. 

With trying to become awesome, one does need to kick ass once in a while ;)

Thanx for the compliment!

tumblr_m51x3ndae21rozd3po1_500.gif

• Like 1

Saturday - Week 6

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 74,3

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Fail

Quest 2

Resting day = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Total fail on the protein, due to having scheduled a day of work at my best friends house. Tearing down his old garage, actually some workout with heavy roof plates, and swinging a sledgehammer for deconstruction. But i was late so no proper egg breakfast, and didnt bring any greek yoghurt so no protein at lunch. I did have a protein shake in the evening. So a few fails and a few positive things on this day.

• Like 1

Sunday - Week 6

("Weekend"-format)

Weight in kg: 75

Quest 1

3 eggs breakfast = Fail

Quest 2

Running = Pass

Quest 3

Comments:

Writing it down i'm noticing saturday and sunday are the same. The only difference was the work i did. Saturday was working at a friends house, sunday was running towards inlaws. So only missing the protein on the weekend is not the worst that could happen. And now CHALLENGE RECAP TIME!!!!!!

• Like 1

Challenge 5 Recap

Did i become awesome, will i can tell you this...

not quite... i did slip up on numeral occassions.

But that's also because it was a bit rigid. So onto the numbers:

(I made up an extra Quest (4) which incorporates the protein stuff)

Quest 1 Eating:

Salad / Soup lunch: 92%

Dinner: 95%

No snacking: 95%

Average for Q1: 94%

Comments:

I have been very strict with the soup salad and have made a nice habit combined with the greek yoghurt at work. An hour before lunch i take the greek yoghurt with some cruesli, which fills me up, after that, the soup and salad is enough to satisfy my appetite during lunch. Dinner was within limits, but sometimes it also was stretching it. I only have had 2 real binges, the rest was just eating mindfully and/or eating what everyone else was eating. No snacking was pretty spot on, with the excpetion of literally 2 snacks one egg roll,and one day of a little bit of candy (iirc) i have been spot on, which i think is quite the accomplishment because that means eating NOTHING in between eating moments (breakfast / lunch / dinner) no snacking no craving no midnight snacks, literally NOTHING.. Eggs have been super solid, only time was when something odd came up and it was (nearly) impossible to get them.

Quest 2 Excercising:

Kickfun: 83%

Crossfit: 83%

Lifting: 94%

Running: 67%

Average Q2: 82%

Comments:

I only missed a training for a reason, where i think half the reason are very solid, and half the reason was not so very solid (like social pressure to not work out). 6 times a week was a bit much, especially with a busy social life. I sometimes wished for an extra resting day, just so i could be a bit lazy for a change, 5 times a week will be more than sufficient next time.

Quest 3 Beer:

No beer: 95%

2 slip ups, actually in the same week. So fun fact here, when not counting my cheat days makes for a total of 38 days where i had only 2 glasses of beer! Wow, that's impressing me! But it was hard with times, and i don't know if the effort is worth the gain. It was a real effort with times to withstand and don't take the social beer. But i think i did manage quite okay, next time though this won't be so harsh.

Quest 4 Protein:

Protein:

Egg breakfast: 92%

Greek Yoghurt: 84%

Protein Shake: 68%

Average Q4: 82%

A new quest, and a last minute entry. So i have got 4/5 of 75 grams of extra protein which equals to 60 gram per day. I'm really curious to my body composition if it has made any difference. I think so, i feel as slim as i have been, but i gained about 1,5 - 2 kg. Thursday will be the day i can tell. I'll post a comparison of the bodycomposition like i did in the beginning.

Grand total of awesomeness achieved 88%

Now does that make me awesome? In my own view, no not completely. Though the challenge was a success it wasn't as on point as i wanted it to be (and not as on point as it could be). So no i don't think i'm qualified to call myself completely awesome. But it was a very good challenge nonetheless. 

sandler-gif.gif?w=1000

ied3.gif

That would have been awesome!

Some other fun facts:

• Ab-challenge at the gym where i came in second
  • Did the mudrun (sad thing my buddy got real sick from it)
  • Got a free bench for benchpressing, so now i'm able to do it at home
  • Put up some solid numbers in the mini-challenge

Levelling up will be done in a seperate post, cause it's time for bed (after an all pass day today ;) )

• Like 1

Managing an 88% (as you counted it), in a "handle all life threw at you" situation, I think you did awesomely (word?). In general you seem to put a lot of pressure on yourself, and as you said, life was full, a lot of training, social and helping friends thereby doing more life training sessions. *Nodding on this side* Yip, you did awesomely great! :loyal:

Free bench ftw! Now THAT is awesome lol.

Yeah pretty cool, one of the instructors at the gym said he had one which he wasnt using, and i could have it, as long as i needed to. Hell Yeah! BP are fun to do, though i suck at them and only do them with about 50 kg (or 110 lbs)

Managing an 88% (as you counted it), in a "handle all life threw at you" situation, I think you did awesomely (word?). In general you seem to put a lot of pressure on yourself, and as you said, life was full, a lot of training, social and helping friends thereby doing more life training sessions. *Nodding on this side* Yip, you did awesomely great! :loyal:

Thanx it would have been a complete win if i had turned down the notch on the quests a bit, but then again, i wouldnt have been as motivated as i was because this was just a very awesome challenge!

• Like 1

Yeah pretty cool, one of the instructors at the gym said he had one which he wasnt using, and i could have it, as long as i needed to. Hell Yeah! BP are fun to do, though i suck at them and only do them with about 50 kg (or 110 lbs)

Only 110 lbs? If I could do that, that'd be a bodyweight press. It's all relative. Now you can bench like crazy if you so choose!

I am actually already microloading with the BP. Did jumps of 5 lbs to get to about 100 lbs and now i'm at 112 lbs. Some goes for the OHP, i'm also microloading that! i just want to see improvement every time. Eventually i will hit a plateau somewhere, but i can just call a bad day the first time. Slow and steady is the way i like it. Also that Texas Method you mentioned looks good, and i'm thinking about starting that once i get on a plateay with stronglifts. I'm so glad i can finally do the benchpressing!

Oow and for me its not quite bodyweight (165 lbs atm) so i've got plenty of room for that.

Oow a comparison of starting stronglift stats and ending stronglift stats would be cool:

Squat

Start: 60 kg (132 lbs)

End: 80 kg (176 lbs)

Increase 25%

It's getting more demanding, i can keep up for the moment, but i'm guessing i'm gonna fail within the next couple of sessions.

Overhead Press

Start: 35 kg (77 lbs)

End: 42 kg (93 lbs)

increase: 20%

I have been microloading these as they were getting quite heavy and moving up with 5 lbs was just too much For now everytime they are hard but solid. Really enjoy these!

Bench Press (started later)

Start: 37.5 kg (83 lbs)

End: 51 kg (112 bls)

increase: 36%

Same as with the Overhead presses. Hard but rewarding!

Barbell Row

Start: 47.5 kg (105 lbs)

End: 65 kg (143 lbs)

increase: 37%

With the new form this is a lot better. I now do more of a 45 degree stance which just feels a lot better. Videos at the end of this post!

Deadlift 

Start: 60 kg (132 lbs)

End: 90 kg (198 lbs)

increase 50%

This also getting more difficult, most problems i have here are grip issues. But i haven't alternated my grip yet, so still some possibilities.

This was how i used to do it:

Thinking about my form now is like i do it more combined with a deadlift. So getting up to about a 60-45 degree angle and then doing a single row, putting it back on the floor and repeating. Just don't know what the best form is to do these. The way Mehdi from stronglifts does them, is really not comfortable for me (i feel like the bar should be higher above the floor to be a bit comfortable).

What is the concensus on Barbell row. Start from floor or in mid air?

First, NO shame in micro-loading. I add a HALF POUND to the presses because #iamwoman Microload those bad boys until the train runs out of track and you have to adopt intermediate programming. Second, those are some sweet, sweet gains--you're on fire, keep at it. Opinion about the rows: I'm not much help on rows because I prefer chin-ups/pull-ups. I want to have the ability to do them weighted someday--such a practical skill to be able to move your bodyweight vertically, yeah? Similar muscles are used, too, so you're not losing out there, either.