Ranger optional mini challenge: In pursuit

DarK_RaideR

Healing feat, 20 minutes of non-stop meditation, complete.

Quoting from D_R

Only when the battle was over, did it dawn on the Rangers as the adrenaline wore off: there was no blood shed around. Upon closer inspection of the bodies, their veins were filled with some sort of sticky ichor. "It's like they've been dead for a while, technically long before the attack on the settlement even happened" Tanktimus said, now one knee on the ground as he took a closer look. "But it's not exactly necromancy either, they haven't been reanimated. They never died in the first place. Best way I can put it is they were stuck in some kind of stasis between life and death, they never crossed beyond to return as actual undead".

Tanktimus watched as Shadri hit the air, then turned back to the bodies. Whatever caused this would certainly have to be stopped, but that alone wouldn't help the victims strewn about the ground. He stood up and sighed, then laid down his weapons and removed his armor, carefully setting it on the ground. He sat down cross legged, closed his eyes, and began to meditate. He shifted uncontrollably for a while, then his lips began to move. Those who knew him and could read lips realized he was reciting passages from the book he carried with him. He visibly relaxed as he continued. Something began to happen, anyone who could sense beyond the physical began to notice a faint golden haze emanating from the chaplain. It didn't affect anyone directly, but those working on their healing feats had their efforts enhanced some how. The bodies of the victims also began to change, seeming to tense up. A brief pulse of light from Tanktimus and the field dissipated, and the bodies of victims seemed to relax.

"They are at peace now" Tanktimus said to no one in particular.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Bree sat down hard. The battle had taken a lot out of her. Those.. creatures. Her Force senses, which sharpened every day out here, informed her of the fact that they were wrong. It was hard to keep her Jedi impartiality and refuse to take out her revulsion on the creatures. 

Once the Rangers had calmed, she closed her eyes and filled herself with the Force. Her injuries were all simple bruises and a few cuts from falling, but she wanted to make sure she wasn't more injured. Once confirming this, she simply held the Force, attempting to find peace in the midst of the chaos.

Completed my healing feat yesterday!

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 10: Opta Ardua Pennis Astra Sequi

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

I am so looking forward to tomorrow! Since D is working, I have scheduled a day at "the office" (local co-working space), but it's not to work. There's an audio studio, a little technical library and reading room, and I have my drawing table and a keyboard (piano, not computer) there in addition to my digital toys. Instead of sticking to my original healing feat plan, I have set aside a whole 8 hours to just play - do music, write, read, do some artwork, code for fun, socialize. Whatever I feel like in the moment. A very rare treat!

I'm getting up early with D (4:00 am on a Saturday!) and going in around 6 am. The space will probably be empty until around 9:00, so I plan to take my fiddle. Otherwise, I'll play some tunes on the keyboard using headphones. And we moved the usual Friday date night to Saturday because of the early bedtime tonight, so no cooking to do either. Yay! 

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Ha! So much for my detailed timetable...

Went back to bed and slept in (4 am was just too damn early!), got to "work" at 10:30, discovered someone had added a book that I'd been looking for for ages to the library, and enjoyed a lengthy conversation with a programmer friend that I hadn't seen in ages. It wasn't my original scripted hour of activities, or even the plan I had above - it was even better! I ended up having a full day of rest and recreation, which is a rarity in my world.

It was a great weekend and a real treat - I am declaring my healing feat accomplished!

• Like 3

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Healing - visit a garden, orchard, or park

Heeling fete completed.  I had a nice anniversary weekend with my husband.  We spent some time on a Leaf Walk in a beautiful park.  The  Pumpkin Ale was pretty healing, too.

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Didn't actually get my specified healing feat completed, because I was too busy crafting! My Mom came over and we crafted ALL DAY and also roasted a chicken in my crock pot. It was a super fun day, and totally a healing day.

12140621_10153190391473231_8945782012941

12107751_10153190391678231_5101141547615

12143282_10153190391723231_1009347402005

12112072_10153190391743231_4766453934239

I declare the healing feat complete, despite the change. I was actually going to slightly change it anyway, because my friend was going to take home the empty hive and clean it out. The farm is apparently closing down, so we have to find a new place for our hive next year. I still need to deal with the wax and pollen, though! 

Never did a speed feat, unfortunately. Just could't think of anything!

Feats:

• Endurance Feat: Try rucking for the first time (I noticed a lot of people doing that this challenge. Thought I would join the crowd!)

• Strength Feat: Focus on grip strength training this week. Establish current limits. 

• Speed Feat: TBD

• Combat Feat: Purchase hand wraps and start Muay Thai. (gloves arrived in the mail today!!)

• Healing Feat: Clean out, clean up, and move the beehive. 

• Like 1

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I have a new mini challenge format in development, with plenty of cooperative storytelling involved. There are thoughts of switching to it next challenge (meaning a sloppy wrap-up to the current post-apocalyptic tale) as well as kicking it off during the break week for extra fun. How does everyone feel about that?

• Like 1

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

I have a new mini challenge format in development, with plenty of cooperative storytelling involved. There are thoughts of switching to it next challenge (meaning a sloppy wrap-up to the current post-apocalyptic tale) as well as kicking it off during the break week for extra fun. How does everyone feel about that?

Works fer meh!  You've already taking so much on your shoulders there, D_R, so anything extra is wonderful.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

OH, yeah.  The mini-quest thread.  I keep not posting here.  But here's my update list.  So far I'm failing the Endurance, but I think I set it pretty high.  I love running, but I'm a slow mover.  Going to take me awhile to get to 10 solid minutes, especially while I'm doing things like skipping an entire week of runs.

__Endurance Feat - Run for 10 minutes straight

_X_Strength Feat - 3 not modified push ups

_X_Speed Feat - Set time for one mile and beat it by one minute.  Runkeeper says my best mile so far is 16:27 - 16:11 Not even close to a minute, but I've decided I'm counting anything better as a win here.

_X_Combat Feat - Do yoga 2x per week - None this week yet, but twice a week so far for the rest of the challenge.  Counting that as a win now.

_X_Healing Feat - take extra items to various donation locations - Have started a new pile, but took the old one to Goodwill already.

• Like 1

D_R I say do what most enthuses you. If you are more excited about one way of doing the mini-challenge, go for that one.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Finding herself with some unexpected downtime, Bree decided to do some endurance training. She ran laps around the compound until even the Force couldn't help her continue. After that unexpectedly pleasant run, she stretched and sat in meditation, contemplating her new life and her happiness.

Caught up my endurance feat a couple weeks ago, just forgot to post. Ran for 5 mins straight!

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Chronicles Ep. 10: Opta Ardua Pennis Astra Sequi

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the point of it, Bryce. Of life. To live, to love, knowing that it might all vanish tomorrow. It makes everything that much more precious.”

- Danika Fendyr, House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43

Sounds like fun!  I can't imagine anything will be sloppy in the wrap-up because I always enjoy reading your narrative.  I like the idea of cooperative storytelling.  Betcha weird twists and crazy adventures will find their way into the next story (if you decide to make the switch.)

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Combat - complete a gym workout

This is my last feat of the challenge, and it is DONE!  So, I'm not sure that I want to leave my house to work out.  But if I do, I found a local gym that fits me nicely.

suzyQlou * Ranger